What is the appeal of this genre? I'll admit, some entry level songs which have some melody left sound pretty good...

What is the appeal of this genre? I'll admit, some entry level songs which have some melody left sound pretty good, like enter sandman, but the rest is literally ear rape and cancer. How can a person like this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uU0oa4lVaZI
youtube.com/watch?v=YT516h7QwA4
youtube.com/watch?v=bhOGV3Qo9sU
youtube.com/watch?v=XOibIxl3dLo
youtu.be/2Am47jKUFMw
youtube.com/watch?v=nyeBVfpwGbk
youtube.com/watch?v=Le27ejQdhq4
youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>literally

Don't use words you don't understand.

Is it wrong though, if my ears LITERALLY get raped by the soundwaves of metal music?

Always wondered about this. This and kpop

Why don't you literally get the fuck out?

tight grooves

exquisite bait

It's not ear rape at all. A bit abrasive sure but not the worst thing your ears can perceive. Anyway you like Enter Sandman because it's a very melodic and poppy song not because it's a good metal song.

You seem like you hate yourself for being a pleb and take it out on patricians.

egdy bullshit from kids

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEERRRR

Tell me about ONE (1) good metal song

well what do you like

>metal
>patrician

These the patricians you speak of, just more messy and with longer hair.

What?

As I said, so far the only metal song I liked was enter sandman.
If you think my opinion is wrong that metal is shitty noise, please convince me otherwise

well it's an opinion, and if that's what you think, then nothing will change it lol. you're wasting your own time

A pleb pick but here
youtu.be/uU0oa4lVaZI

youtube.com/watch?v=YT516h7QwA4

youtube.com/watch?v=bhOGV3Qo9sU

You know nothing about music is you think anything less melodic than stadium rock has no melody left.

Was pretty nice, until he started singing. Then it just became laughable. How can you like this shit?
I like all non-memey genres. Why do I have only a problem with metal?

OP this probably falls within your tastes

youtube.com/watch?v=XOibIxl3dLo

youtu.be/2Am47jKUFMw

I have been playing piano for 13 fucking years, kiddo

well, i hate country more than any other genre, and at times i can tolerate other genres.....sooooooo it's just you m8

That just makes you more of an embarrassment.

I'm pretty sure more people like country than metal

Because It's aggressive,raw and it's extremely cathartic. Also what do you generally listen to?

maybe you just dont like heavily distorted guitars

youtube.com/watch?v=nyeBVfpwGbk

yeah but i'm talking about me

No, it's not about the sound of the guitars
>Shitty repeating
>Trying to be as loud as possible
>Senseless edgy screaming
Can someone explain what the appeal in metal can be, from a musical perspective?

So? If you listened to music for years and can only appreciate melodic and poppy shit,while being a musician,you should unironically consider changing your hobby or hanging yourself

This sounds nice, but I'm pretty sure thats barely metal

Where did I say that. I literally like all genres EXCEPT metal and its subgenres
For example death grips (meme incoming) sounds nice because it has some kind of originality and unique rhythm to it, while not being exactly pleasant to the ears. It just makes sense, from a musical perspective

>music is not allowed to have repetition
>enter sandman somehow has less "shitty repeating" than other metal
>Trying to be as loud as possible
If that truly were the goal of metal then it failed miserably. That's more of noise's ballpark.
>Senseless edgy screaming
Too pleb to understand.

By shitty repeating I mean beating the drums like your on LSD without making any sense.
The question still stands:
>What does metal have to offer from a musical perspective?

Metal-heads like the fact that most people can't enjoy the genre.

Most people go through metal from least to most "abrasive". Starting with Metallica and going through their discography is perfectly fine as a start. You can't call yourself a "metal fan" after just that though.

the only good metal bands are megadeth and burzum lol

Application of music theory and technical skill to create something enjoyable to listen to, just like most other genres.

>Music theory
Kek
>Technical skill
Kekismus maximus
>Enjoyable to listen to
MFW

Not an argument

this
brainlets get out

I know this is shitty bait but listen to this album you absolute nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=Le27ejQdhq4
sounds like you need something with clean vocals

I can see from the cover alone that it will be maximum edge and earrape

Now THIS I can get into

I find it hard to believe you are over 18

OP of you can't understand why people can like different things than you then you unironically must have autism also people like metal because it takes rock music to the extreme.The aggressiveness,the rawness and its over the top theatrical elements are extremely cathartic to some people.

so bottom line is you can't handle harsh vocals or distortion

youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw

ok

I can accept harshness and aggressiveness, if it has some meaning behind it. There is a difference between noise, senseless screaming, and other harsh genres.

What harsh and aggressive music do you like then? I'm willing to bet none.

Industrial hip hop, hard drum and bass, Dubstep (yes, Dubstep ist aggressive)
All genres that sound better than the average screamy metal song

lmao there is no hope for you

>Says the metalhead
Last time. These are examples of genres I personally find better than metal, not necessarily like them.
There is a reason so much of metal is based on edgy appearance and edgy words. The music is shit, and they have to replace it with something to feel fulfilled

no its funny you think dubstep and drum and bass are harsh. harsh music is just too much for you to handle

Go listen to pulse demon and then come back to metal. you'll understand how much of a pussy you're being right now

pulse demon is one-dimensional and boring. if you turn the volume down you can fall asleep to it. should've recommended birdseed instead.