Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music...

Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music, yet we keep lowering the standards when we talk about other types of music, to avoid the uncomfortable situation where the butt rock dude or the druggy EDM boy gets anal pained when they are told the great masters are better than their shitty hedonistic hero.

Instead of white guilt, in the music world there is "classical" guilt. We keep lowering the standards for other kinds of music to compensate and preserve our dream of marxist culturalism. Of perfect musical relativism. Guess what? It isn't true and the compositional talent and imagination displayed, which is all that counts in the end when we have to say what is worth being saved and what not, is infinitely superior in classical music than in any other form of music.

If your shitty pop muzak is an 8 what the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets? a 400? most music is barely a 1 to 3, the Beatles fall in here and so do most other popular music with very few exceptions that reach a 4, even a 5. Bartok string quartets would be a 6, 2 degrees of magnitude higher you have works by Brahms and other great masters. Then 9 and 10 are reserved for the highest achievements of human race like Beethoven's late string quartets or his Missa Solemnis or Mass in B minor by Bach or his Brandenburg Concertos.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimal_music
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

t. soyboy

literature > visual arts > architecture > dancing > cinema > sports > videogames > music

Music is an auditory cheesecake.

t. Brainlet

nah, sorry

>biting this old pasta
wew

>thinks music is all about songwriting
you dont get a shit about music and art itself

Yet nobody has ever been able to provide a refutation.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have no problem acknowledging that classical is on another echelon. It doesn't preclude other music being good, though.

But so many people on this board claim to have superior taste yet they listen to music in the lower echelons.

But does it even matter in the stretch of things?

>Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music
Superior based on what?

this is literally correct
only jazz even begins to come close

Fine. Classical music itself isn't that enticing. It revels in false, insipid emotions and utterly pretentious narratives in order to push its shallow messages. Unless multiple instruments are used to enhance the pseudo-elegance of a work, any artist can easily attempt a "Classical" atmosphere to invoke authenticity in their otherwise mediocre personalities. Heck, I'd argue that "Art" music in and of itself has lost its luster. To be honest, there's only so many ways to play polyrhythmic structures/exceedingly moronic minuets and protrude to the world your inner "enlightenment" using as much cryptic clichés as possible before it just gets all muddled and repetitive. That's the whole problem; Art in general has now exhausted its course. Baroque composers aren't an exception. They only fall in its stereotypes instead of relinquishing them, like a druid corrupting a soul only to be vanquished by the razor of centaurs.

The Beatles and The Velvet Underground at least made artistic music more interesting, by combining it with fantasy and reality, sustaining its longevity as a viable form of expression. Could the same be said for Failedrick Craplin and Stupidity-hausen? Never.

Jazz is just a bunch of white americans playing random shit on some random key.

t. dilettante

premium bait

>If your shitty pop muzak is an 8 what the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets? a 400?

What are you talking about here?

Who is rating 'pop muzak' as an '8', and why should you care?

>he doesn't know classical music is just musicians masturbation
>he doens't know they couldn't even play the shit they wrote
>he doesn't know most musicians playing classical music can't even play shit without a sheet

pasta but true

Sands of time always wear out the shitters from the greats. However, there are many that have been forgotten as well. Now there are so many artists that we will probably all be forgotten

>Jazz is just a bunch of white americans playing random shit on some random key.
Slight correction- it's a bunch of black Americans playing random shit on some random key

That's the joke

Problem with classical music is it's anti-minimalistic, even though minimalism is an important facet of so much of other modern western art.
Say when Stockhausen made some of the first electronic music, he would never in his life have thought of having just a rhytmic drum beat and new electronic timbres(like a modern composer), because classical music always has to have as many varying pitches, "notes" as possible and be at least 20 minutes long else it isn't music, because the western musical notation is primarily a means to show varying pitches. Nobody ever dares question if more notes and performance length is an unequivocal good.

>even though minimalism is an important facet of so much of other modern western art.
uhhhh

For example if music represents a completely new cultural current, it has brand new instruments, timbres, rhytms, vocal themes never heard before. A classical fan will always designate it as tripe after 10 seconds of listening to it because he thinks the way the musical pitches vary is unoriginal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimal_music

>yet we keep lowering the standards when we talk about other types of music
Who keeps lowering the standards? Who's we? Do you mean that people who pretend they go out to clubs to listen to music actually have any standards? Do you think they actually care? Don't concern yourself too much with this.

this thread again. it's a pasta guys why don't you go read the archived versions instead of wasting your time typing the same shit out again.

>durr i'll make a bunch of negative claims that'll convince them
me on the left, you on the right. whatever point you think you have, i am already aware of it and can crush it in an instant.

Where are you, brainlet?

i'm in my room

Okay but I have never found any classical pieces emotionally moving.

I much prefer experimental electronic. I find the novel composition and structure to be far more compelling and interesting.

And by that I should say, I find that the arrangement of the melodic elements and experimental twists on the momentum of the pieces are more rewarding to engage with than classical which follows a broad, but predictable formula.

But what do I know, I also like harsh noise wall. I'm going out on a limb to say you have a generally low opinion of noise music. Call it a hunch.

I've never had any proper musical education, and I grew up listening exclusively to (old) pop & rock. Over the last few years, I've gotten really into Zappa, who turned me onto more complex music (two of my favorite Zappa pieces are the purely orchestral "Lumpy Gravy" and "The Chrome Plated Megaphone of Destiny"). Based off of his recommendations, I've discovered that I like Penderecki, Schoenberg and Varese (I haven't checked out Stravinsky or Webern yet). Do any classicalfriends have any other recommendations for stuff I might like?