I got a meme table lp120 and im looking to upgrade my speaker system...

I got a meme table lp120 and im looking to upgrade my speaker system. The speakers I got right now are trash and Id like to get nice sound in a somewhat reasonable price. Please help

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ovp4cJUQDI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's your price range

id say under 500 ish but im flexable

What amp/receiver do you have?

I literally dont have one

Are you using powered speakers? Just get both a receiver and decent speakers second hand. It's your best bet. Check craigslist first.

aight guess ill keep an eye, kinda wantin specific recs tho

Do this, Ive bought all my speakers and amps secondhand. You can pair it with a lot of amps since the audio Technica lp120 doesn't require a pre amp.

My advice to you op, go to your local goodwill, thrift store, pawn shops, whatever. And see what they got. Also check Craigslist, Facebook market, whatever

Usually 90's and 00's a/v amplifiers by Jap brands (Sony, poineer, jvc, onkyo, Denon, Yamaha) are cheap secondhand, sound good, and have a variety of speaker outputs. It's a good entry point for cheap HiFi.

See if they have some cheap bookshelf speakers, or floorstanding speakers if you have the room, I'd say to get them.

This video will help you if you want to go used speakers/equipment
youtu.be/ovp4cJUQDI0

My local record shops also sell used HiFi equipment as well, I'd recommend looking there too

If you want to buy new, my recs for speakers are Polk audio, and Klipsch.
And for amps, I like Denon, Yamaha, Sony, and onkyo.

Since the world of speakers is so vast, specific recs will simply mean buying new. You don't want that. I bet half of the speakers available in your area, if not broken, have great reviews on retail pages.

Can personally recommend Panasonic for vintage receiver purposes.

thanks

I would focus on a receiver (particularly one with a built in phono input). This will massively increase the amount of speakers that you can consider.

This is my receiver.

Just buy a pair of monitor speakers.

Yamaha's HS or even M-audio. or a single neumann for 500 bucks.

I mean those are nice speakers, and they'll sound excellent, and the setup will be easy for now. They're not nearly as flexible for inputs as a proper receiver/passive speaker setup.

Right now for my main audio setup I have a Blu Ray player, Chromecast, CD player, vcr, laserdisc, cassette, and a ps2 and Xbox hooked into one fucking yamaha a/v receiver. This shit is cash senpai that's why I prefer them

Well if that works for you it's fine. I don't even have a TV, I use my M-audio monitor speakers as a every day speaker on my computer and I plug them to my Project turntable or cassette deck when I want to listen to music. I'm thinking of buying a simple mixer table to leave always on so I wouldn't have to plug/unplug.

Alternatively you could get one of those passive input swich boxes, (like the ones they sell at Wal mart) I think that would be less hassle than a mixer, and you wouldn't have to power The mixer

yes. But since I have several guitars, a bass a sm57 mic and a usb audio interface is only natural to upgrade to a mixer. I could even use my cassette deck as a reel2reel and record directly to analog.

Yeah dude the mixer would definitely work better then.

I like recording straight to cassette, there's something about the limitations of tapes that really add something to music I record, though I primarily use electronic instruments. It's just fun man

Where did you get that TOTBL?

Can you share some of those recordings?

I will when I get home, I don't have them uploaded anywhere or I would just link ya

I hope the thread will be alive by then