youtu.be/pfqW889dDcE?t=35s
youtube.com/watch?v=yqzXj92IkDU
youtube.com/watch?v=CQF9bJE800s
lmgtfy.com/?q=how get more gooder in the physics
justinguitar.com/en/BC-192-PowerChordPalmMute.php
vocaroo.com/i/s0I2ev7jTU8l
sendvid.com/eerttmqh
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZJoGIcShE
reverb.com/item/10469025-unknown-bass-w-seymour-duncan-basslines-grover-titan-wavy-tuners-high-mass-bridge-80-s-90-s-black
youtube.com/watch?v=OSGoJPqnlzc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do you play and sing a figure like that? at 0:35.
youtu.be/pfqW889dDcE?t=35s
The chords start on the "and". I ask for either bass or guitar.

reminder we are under the hugo boss shill attack and he is quite pedantic.

>Gibson going bankrupt
Agile > nigson

youtube.com/watch?v=yqzXj92IkDU
>A# F A# D F A#
?!

i am also currently in my second year of music tech in university, i have been asked to do my masters here already.
everything i said here is applicable and useful information but you are too much a spastic to identify that.
if you dont want my information and think that what i am saying is for some reason incorrect then you can just continue to lack an actual understanding of audio, both analogue and digital

its like you expect me to cite the differences in tubes and other components when it is easily verifiable. just use google scholar
>harmonic saturation tube tape transistor
a search with terms like that will solidify what i am trying to tell you. but whatever dude stay retarded idc

Who the hell is Nancy?

And fuck you mods I was talking about guitar related things. Go ahead and ban me again and I'll just download another browser

I just realized left gives a much louder and clearer note sound on acoustic. Should i care about that and learn to pick fluently like that?

So you are an undergrad. I see.
>idc
You do care, because you haven't got yet the validation of a title. Don't worry, you'll get it one day.

You're not just shit at guitar, you're shit at computers. How did you spend your fatboy time?

>le boss sucks meme
Are you the same guy who said compressors are magical meme placebos. Regardless id like to hear what pedals you have.

>Should i care about that and learn to pick fluently like that?
Fucking YES. Finally you are talking some sense. Ask the undergrad retard why you shouldn't lay your hand on the bridge.

why you want so much to help him?

but ace frehley never curves his wrist like that.

gene sloppy simmons does btw

i guess if i didnt care i wouldnt be here, i love music and i love understanding why things appear the way they do. understanding these things allows me to render the ideas in my head.
because i am very passionate about music and humans have a paternal duty to do good.

Is 21 years old a good age to start learning?

>2018
>computers

I've been on Cred Forums since I was 13 and I've exclusively phoneposted for all of those years. Nobody uses computers anymore grandpa.

Nancy Grace, an old rock journalist turned talking head.

should I not rest my picking hand on the bridge?

no, he can sell his warez but only if he dont mess with us tube amps owners.
by us i mean US amps not vulvaloca amps lol.

so you lack that "paternal" part on your life?

doesnt matter how old you are at all

No. You can learn at any age though, but the younger the better.

Fuck Ace Frehely. You can fucking him, I guess.
Good. One day you'll start understanding. How many basses do you have nowadays?

R

So you've been on Cred Forums a year?

>I've been on Cred Forums since I was 13

what a sad, pathetic waste of human life.

No, an even age is better. wait for 22.

Me motherfucker

what are you telling me i dont understand?
what have i said is incorrect?

whoever reffered to me as an undergrad, are you the owner of an arts degree but dont work in the field of study by any chance?

am i just being defensive or are you taking shots at my statements about the uses of tubes?

Not him, but if it's comfortable for you, why not?

Also, no one ever talks about this but I personally don't use my wrist for picking, but the index finger and thumb to do it. Reason being is, everyone naturally knows how to use their wrist so it's already trained 90% of the way.

Of course, 99% of /gg/ is self taught and learn from self taught kids so it's no wonder they all share the same habits.

Anyway, the idea with the index/thumb is to hold the pick at a 30 degree angle so that the pick glides across the strings. You push out with the thumb and pull in towards your palm with it as well, while lightly resting the pick on your index finger. It results in effortless alternate picking once you get it down and it's also smooth for directional and other picking styles. Especially useful for hybrid picking since your fingers are always aligned more.

where is your blackie?

>mfw I was also banned for replying to your post with a picture of my similar car in silver
Meanwhile Cred Forums is literally one giant shitpost
>he does it for free

>am i just being defensive or are you taking shots at my statements about the uses of tubes?
wew lad, jack off, watch a movie, do something.
But give soysoloboy his answer, he's waiting to know what he is allowed to think.

I'm 19 dumbass

Meh I've enjoyed it so far. Took me a few years to learn how to post. I mostly only went on Cred Forums because of my edge

Hello

It's on the way.

>to know what he is allowed to think
what do you mean by that asshole

F O U R T E E N

>Dr dazzle
Fucking roflmao

its really simple roman can report you with his 25 visp

so you do have an arts degree but dont work in the field, right?
i am doing something, i am posting on Cred Forums about the implications and uses of understanding the harmonic differences between even and odd overtones.
i would love to help but i cannot play the guitar, although i could describe to you how and why it sounds the way it does and how to adapt it to different sounds. im sure the other lovely user can help you out though.

Low on funds after I got the strat.

If you think dr dazzle is bad look at this

I'm partial to Dr thunder or RC, maybe a nice tab cola

hey mu r8 muh pedalboard

ehx east river drive, jext telex white pedal, mi audio tube zone, artec analog delay, boss tremolo

>Cabinfat is younger than you

>blaming me for this
>implying I'm not getting popped just like everyone else
I'm working on the problem.

you're dr dazzle now. change your name fatty

i can't understand your quoting sense

It's literally worth it for the Elite bro.

Are you seriously asking Samtard if he has an art degree?
You can't quote, and you can't deduce properly. Don't even try.
>i am doing something, i am posting on Cred Forums about the implications and uses of understanding the harmonic differences between even and odd overtones.
Put it on your cv, it will look impressive.
We already discussed this. We are all here concerned about you. You can't do anything without asking here first, so we are talking control over your life.

6.5/10. Why do you have the ehx drive and a tube drive?

Good job un-Reddit spacing the OP.
Graphite saddles?

yes i can idiot

>tfw all some anons want to do is start fights and we will never have peace in /gg/

who is samtard? does he have an art degree? does he work in the industry?
what have i not deduced properly?
why do you feel the need to attack this poster for his question?
i will probably be writing my thesis on a similar topic, so it is likely i will be writing about it on my CV. it will definitely look impressive i agree.
yeah i fucked it up but lets be real if you cant follow who i am quoting with the context of the conversation you are an idiot

It’s a tune-o-matic bridge with string saver saddles
I think it’s got Teflon in it, not sure the exact composition

Then go away. Fly free.
I would like to post about guitars, but there are too many girls looking for sugar daddies here. But we can start. What's your favorite strat?
What is life? Why are you a faggot? Why are you here if you don't play guitar?

i don't want to. /gg/ doesnt tell me what to do.

thnx

>string saver saddles
Perfect. You are a gentleman and a scholar. Best saddles you can use. Pair with a TUSQ XL nut for uber tuning stability.

i dont know im a musician not a philosopher
because i post on Cred Forums.
because i was telling someone why tubes are not a meme you stupid nigger

does that man have an arts degree and does he work in the industry?
what have i not deduced properly?

i just came here to offer information on tubes but i guess i devolved your thread. i just wanted to help but i get the impression that (at least some) people here do not want actual information.

hi

fuck off

>I would like to post about guitars
>i just wanted to help but i get the impression that (at least some) people here do not want actual information.
oh sweeties

It’s just got a regular tusq nut, not the XL
But for a 500 dollar guitar I’m not complaining

>because i was telling someone why tubes are not a meme
Then gtfo, and take the Samtard with you. Goodbye, and come back with another title besides the cocksucking annoying vermin MoA degree.

What you are doing by resting on the bridge is partially muting the strings. I think it sounds like shit but some people seem to like it.

What tubes do I put in it?

>What you are doing by resting on the bridge is partially muting the strings.
Finally. 10/10 for you.

You sir are retarded.

Was John Abercrombie the best fusion autist?
youtube.com/watch?v=CQF9bJE800s

You are retarded too

Just lube the nut with a well-sharpened (or mechanical) pencil then.

We are talking about acoustic guitars, you fucking mongoloid. Goddammit, what a bunch of samtards today.

>i am also currently in my second year of music tech in university, i have been asked to do my masters here already.

What that means is that you are both incompetent and ignorant about anything related to music.
>everything i said here is applicable and useful information but you are too much a spastic to identify that.
Except you didn't say anything at all useful to anybody. Don't overvalue your own words.
>if you dont want my information and think that what i am saying is for some reason incorrect then you can just continue to lack an actual understanding of audio, both analogue and digital
Oh great messiah of all things electronic, please feed us unwashed with masses with your nourishing sustenance of half assed 'knowledge' that doesn't actually lead to anything useful and uncited sources.
>its like you expect me to cite the differences in tubes and other components when it is easily verifiable. just use google scholar
Yes, generally people expect you to back up the things you say. This is nothing new.
>a search with terms like that will solidify what i am trying to tell you. but whatever dude stay retarded idc
Hey kid, wanna learn all of physics? Lemme show you how: lmgtfy.com/?q=how get more gooder in the physics

Thanks for all the pro tips dude!

do you guys like guitars

What are you fucking talking about? You're not just dumb but autistic?

fuck off normal

COME BACK DR. DAZZLE WE NEED YOU

No. Fuck off.

Sure

Read the posts you fucking retard, then shove your opinion up your ass.

If you have an acoustic strum an open chord without your palm on the bridge. Then strum the same chord with it resting on the bridge. If you can’t hear the difference you are tone deaf.

This is extremely basic shit man, I have only been playing for eight months and I know this.

>read the posts
>dude asks about technique for getting a louder sound
>nerd advises to do the picking movement with the fingers

>I have only been playing for eight months
>/gg/

I like you, so I warn you to not waste your time with the answer that moron is going to give. Keep playing guitar.

the ehx drive is a ts clone and the tube driver adds what we can call a wider palette to that. not really satisfied with any of them though

I was going to rage and argue but
>I have only been playing for eight months and I know this.

i guess i thought this was a place for discussion of music, but apparently not.
no it means i have been in university for 2 years.
i said a lot of useful things that would allow you to accurately sculpt the tone of your amp and other devices in your processing chain.
>about citations
it is common knowledge that tubes produce even harmonics as opposed to transistors and tapes and other component types that have other specific harmonic influences.
i would recommend google scholar instead of that google search, it is likely you will be allowed to understand more that way

again im sorry to the people who just wanted a /gg/ thread i didnt mean to derail your thread, but to the people denying (for whatever reason, i literally do not know) what i said when it is literally common knowledge if you have any experience with audio, i hope your amp packs in and u gotta buy another. gottem. peace.

You fail my class, with honors. 0/10
If you are going to be a complete mongoloid, at least interact with Samtard.

I never left my son. My brother is home for a couple weeks and he brought his Taylor. It sounds great.

Btw UPS.com says my strat will be here tomorrow. So bye guys I gotta learn to play guitar real quick

What was your lesson to be learned then, dad?

Samtard is waiting for you. He is frying some dog pellets for you. You can play guitar and fuck each other.

Take pictures

any age is fine, go for it m8

It seems through our conversation that we're on different threads. Are you thinking I'm Jcm900fag?

You people astonish me. This stuff is even part of the fucking Justin Guitar beginner course. justinguitar.com/en/BC-192-PowerChordPalmMute.php

If you don’t know basic stuff like this it doesn’t matter how long you have been playing - you are crap. You need to go back to the beginning and learn the fundamentals.

No, but disappointed. Not of you, because I never expected anything.
But from you... Actually ditto.
Have you heard the clips people post here? There are some good guitar players, but they almost never post. There are some people with amazing gear, but they never post.
There are some people with some serious talent producing and recording, but they don't post either. Almost the 95% of everything posted here is shit. Not knowing the acoustic principles behind their instruments is almost normal.

Oh, we got an arrogant beginner. You astonish me the most. The point on that first post is not palm muting.

they don't post because they all left.

I don't think that east river is a ts clone. I listened to demos when I was check-in out ehx pedals and it sounds nothing like a ts.

>Have you heard the clips people post here?
I stopped opening them quite quickly. Not really sure where I come here.

It’s not arrogance if I am correct - which I am. By all means though feel superior because you have been doing something longer than someone else. What an achievement, go you.

i think it is. just use google and youll see. its not exactly like all others in that field though

Look at yourself, you're proud of being able to discern palm muting vs non palm muting.
It feels bad to explain it to you but i'm gonna do it. What is shown on these pics is a picking technique where you have your hand like that, the pick gets slanted and you naturally play with more strenght for multiple reasons. The second pic is the standard electric guitar picking hand, with the hand resting on the strings for muting the strings you're not playing - or palm muting if you want to.
If you don't understand what i just said, please dont quote this post.

I'm making a video

Please rate
vocaroo.com/i/s0I2ev7jTU8l

I hope you're not thinking i was talking about palm muting like the other retards

This is getting tedious so this is my last post.

Obviously I understand what you just said - but you are losing sight of the original question, which was why the strings weren’t ringing so loudly and clearly. I answered that correctly. It doesn’t matter that it’s a valid picking style - by virtue of palm being on bridge of an acoustic guitar (or classical as in Sam’s case) the strings will always be partially muted.

HERE STUPIDS. IT'S LOUDER. THERE'S NO MUTING ON THE QUIETER ONE.
sendvid.com/eerttmqh

YOU DIDNT UNDERTAND WHAT I JUST SAID. THERE IS NO MUTING GOING ON sendvid.com/eerttmqh

Eddie Van Halen

John 5

Where did everybody go all of a sudden

Forced vacations

Tired of the shitposting and jcum/Sam sexual tension

is this a good way to hold a pick for bass?

if not please tell me what I'm doing wrong

using picks in a bass is already wrong, but you knew that.

Aren't you taking actual lessons and somewhat musically educated? Why would you ask this place for advice? You're too good for this general bassfag. Don't fall into this hole.

You can hold it however you wanna hold it

I honestly give less of a shit about the whole pick vs fingers argument just please tell me what I'm doing wrong

p.s. I mainly use my fingers it's that I like to do both

but user, my original bass teacher never taught me how to hold a pick so I had to teach myself, please tell me if it's good or bad.

Do you want Sam's answer

no, because from I can tell from his pictures to me strums in the most awkward position imaginable

Do you not have sexual tension?

Thoughts on acrylic guitars? This is mine
>Inb4 rage because it's Korean

Are textless posts allowed? Who knows

Acrylics guitars look neat in my opinion

I like it. Eye catching and unusual without relying on a hideous colour or impractical shape. It’s pretty cool.

its kinda gross seeing all the cables that way, like seeing an old person naked with all the scars, bruises and stretch marks a long life brings.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZJoGIcShE

Hence why the Dan Armstrongs have pickguards

That's why there's a translucent plate on the front in the electronics cavity to hide it somewhat
Agree
Hey neat. Queens of the Stone age also use several in their 'sick sick sick' music video
And I'd have to agree, it's hard to polish inside the little cavities for wire and stuff so those parts look kinda cloudy and bad

>make guitar
>take the wood of the equation so its see through
>put a wooden plank on it to cover the electrics

yeah, classy, but a bit awkward when you think of it

yeah, but i commented on the picture of the back because it looks shoddy from behind

Being able to see the switches move and stuff is part of the appeal
Who sees it from the back when I'm playing it

Not a fan of. More into electric guitars.

r8 this random bass I found on reverb

reverb.com/item/10469025-unknown-bass-w-seymour-duncan-basslines-grover-titan-wavy-tuners-high-mass-bridge-80-s-90-s-black

Kek

>playing it
guitars are for looking at user

funny, i wrote both those posts. i agree with you on all points. i was only trying to highlight the irony of putting wood in a plastic guitar instead of plastic on a wood guitar. and yeah, no one sees the back when you play it

youtube.com/watch?v=OSGoJPqnlzc