Why does mu/ respect bjork more than grimes when the latter is far more talented, relatable and authentic...

why does mu/ respect bjork more than grimes when the latter is far more talented, relatable and authentic? just because bjork received more acclaim during her career?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/music/utopia/bjork
metacritic.com/music/art-angels/grimes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Bjork is better.

>just because bjork has a career
yes

Björk's music is on average significantly better than Grimes' but I can say without a doubt that Grimes will never make any album that's as good as Vespertine. I just don't see it happening.

SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ABOUT STUPID FUCKING GRIMES, YOU ARE WHATS KILLING THIS BOARD, IT ISN'T MEMERAP, IT ISN'T KPOP, ITS FUCKING FAGGOTS LIKE YOU WHO SPAM THIS UGLY, UNTALENTED BITCH EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY. FUCK YOU

>but I can say without a doubt that Grimes will never make any album that's as good as Vespertine
halfaxa is way superior to vespertine. however, grimes still has time to surpass even that. when bjork was 27 (the same age grimes released art angels - already her 4th album) she didn't even release "debut". crazy, right?

>why does Cred Forums respect Björk more than grimes
Because she's had a career spanning several decades, has made more good albums than Grimes has projects, is actually known outside of this fucking board, and doesn't constantly have her fans treat her like the second coming of Christ.

shut up, madman. filter grimes and fuck off.

>Because she's had a career spanning several decades
not a solid reason. kiss also have a career spanning several decades and they're regarded as a joke.
>has made more good albums than Grimes has projects,
she has only 4 good albums (the first 4), just like grimes. anything else is pretentious bullshit.
>is actually known outside of this fucking board
grimes too. compare their latest albums:
metacritic.com/music/utopia/bjork
metacritic.com/music/art-angels/grimes
35 critics for utopia vs 32 critics for art angels. grimes is not as popular as bjork but she's not a nobody too. i'm not even talking about the fact that the video for genesis has 50 million views, more than bjork's biggest videos combined.
>doesn't constantly have her fans treat her like the second coming of Christ.
lolwut?! bjork fans are extremely pretentious and can't accept any criticism. case in point: you. they see bjork as a flawless goddess.

Because you grimesfags are incredibly creepy in your obsession and you’ve tainted everything grimes-related. Plus Grimes is mediocre as hell

what is creepy about discussing an artist on a fucking music board? you are creepy, dude. you have some stupid ideas in your head.
>Plus Grimes is mediocre as hell
(You)

STOP FUCKING REPLYING TO HIM YOU RETARDS IT'S ONE FUCKING GUY HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE TOLD HE DOES THIS EVERY DAY

>you

STOP BUMPING THE THREAD YOU FUCK

I will keep making fun of this clownworld lunatic until the mods man the fuck up and permaban him

AT LEAST SAGE IN THE PROCESS

>forgetting that ricardo was a bjorkfan
lmfao!

>not a solid reason. kiss also have a career spanning several decades and they're regarded as a joke.
Fair point. I was mainly trying to point out that, generally, veterans will be viewed with more respect than newcomers.
>she has only 4 good albums (the first 4), just like grimes. anything else is pretentious bullshit.
Vulnicura is a great album that's not pretentious, it's literally a break up album.
Medulla is a great album with a well executed concept and Bibliophilia is also pretty damned good. Whether or not these albums are pretentious is up to your definition of pretentious.
>Björk fans see her as a flawless goddess
When Utopia came out a lot of people shat on it on this very board. There's a difference between appreciating an artist's work and obsessing over them. For Björk this manifests itself as the mommy posters and for Grimes, it's being so enthralled by her music that she gets spammed constantly, having threads like this one created daily, and just shoving her down everyone's throat.

user, no offense, you seem to have some very unrealistically high expectations for members of Bjork's fanbase...

chill out, madman. you put too much pressure on your heart. maybe a blood vessel will break or something. stay on topic or simply move your ass from my thread. stop shitposting.

I'm a fan of Björk myself, but seeing this guy bait people every day is what really fucking infuriates me. How do they keep falling for it?
Pretension isn't really subjective.

First of all, different user.

>For Björk this manifests itself as the mommy posters
You mean waifufaggery?

>for Grimes, it's being so enthralled by her music that she gets spammed constantly
You mean music discussion? Aka what this board is ACTUALLY meant to be used for? user, PLEASE stop feeding into all the bad stereotypes about Bjork fans.

Shut the fuck up

>seeing this guy bait people every day is what really fucking infuriates me.
see
Why are you MORE infuriated by people actually discussing music on a music discussion board than people acting like waifufags?

Not him, but it's moreso about the rate they post in unrelated threads and make new threads even though they have generals. Also Grimes has a lot of waifufagging too.

he's just insane. he forgot his chill pills. he's literally barking at the wrong door.
>Vulnicura is a great album that's not pretentious, it's literally a break up album.
i know it's a break album. there's one big issue: the quality of the songs. there are no good songs on that album. there's not even a song 1/10 as good as hyperballad on it.
>Medulla is a great album with a well executed concept
it's a good concent, shame about the execution. bjork's weak spot on her latter albums is the songwriting. but there are a couple of good songs: who is it and triumph of a heart.
>Bibliophilia is also pretty damned good
again, no good songs.

Why do you even listen to music outside of the radio if all you want is catchy hooks and strictly pop songwriting?

>Also Grimes has a lot of waifufagging too.
used to be, but not that much. there are many threads with very few pics in them and a lot of discussion. a big part of this discussion is shitposting, but that's another story. shitposting is in Cred Forums's dna, so we can do nothing about it.

>all you want is catchy hooks and strictly pop songwriting
you got it wrong. i want catchy hooks blended with experimental stuff. the kind of stuff bjork used to make in her first 4 albums. she moved on from that gold mine.

Grimesfags barely discuss anything. They post (long-winded) pastas and spam threads made about other female artists. Waifufags are just shitposters.
Shitposting is shitposting no matter what kind. Also she still has a ton of waifufags.

So you want pop music with an """""avant-garde"""" aesthetic? Do you only listen to music for image?

>Grimesfags barely discuss anything.
they discuss a lot of things. you should read their threads, not just a couple of posts. there are a couple of madmen who always post stupid hate memes all day long, but you could ignore them. or report them.

you got it wrong once again. i don't want an """""avant-garde"""" aesthetic. i want music that sounds catchy but it has some unexpected stuff. i want music that sounds alien and familiar at the same time. anything but generic music.

I'm sure their generals are nice, but if that's the case why must they seep into other threads? You don't see Kpop fags doing this.

>Also she still has a ton of waifufags
every attractive female artist has tons of waifufags. even bjork.

>they post in unrelated threads
Unrelated to what, exactly? Music discussion? Because the last I checked that is PRECISELY what this board is all about.

>Grimes has a lot of waifufagging too.
NOT compared to Bjork - even according to a self-professed Bjork fan (see quotes in )

So why are you unable to appreciate or even listen to music outside of this form? What's the point of liking avant-anything if you're just going to back down when things get to "weird"?