football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2017/215/en/
twitter.com/FootballManager/status/965705939293757441
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>wingers

ded thread
ded game

based

Happy Valentine's day, lads.
May all your regens always love you and also the trophies.

are you on a world tour

Just an Iberian one. In Madrid right now after 2 days in Lisbon and will be going to Barcelona tomorrow.
Here have some Santiago Barnebeu pic.

1/3

2/3

3/3

And just realised this but bloody hell, 3 pruned thread in a row?
This is as dead as we can be, lads.

I know, this is a tragedy

>tfw listening to some good ol AC/DC while tribbling
What music do you listen to while managing lads?

soundcloud.com/kykypyka/02-kashiwa-daisuke-april-02

Wew, I dont think we have similar tastes in music but hey whatever floats your boat.
I always love a bit of Saxon too, top stuff.
youtu.be/aGnhF0_rA90

Might get a title in two more games lads.

This is it. Score predictions?

I did it!
Time to sleep. Take care /trb/

How do I effectively park the bus?

You cant..control and standard are the only two that work.

/Qt/s edition

>spanish HC
nice

and attacking.

Overload

Unironically this. In FM17 every fucking time I go overload the game runs to the final whistle with no highlights, even if I set instructions to the things that SI thinks go well with overload, like more direct passing and that kind of stuff.

I suppose /trb/ will be quiet again tonight as everybody spends the night with their gfs

I suck cock thanks

You guys know it's me the one that keeps the threads alive. The moment I stopped playing FM threads started to get pruned.

This is what happen when i played 5-3-2 on defensive.

The amount of shots conceded is always way too high.

Same

Defensive teams concede shots; usually a lot. Team's that don't are teams that hog the ball (Pep's City currently concedes the least in the League). The key is making them bad shots

What is the memeist lower-league team to manage and bring up to the top league?

yo what the fuck

Queen's Park FC (Scotland)

reviving

>PENALDO

Every time I start a new game and check on some of the stars during the campaign, I notice that Messi's stats are always terrible (relative to him in real life) Can the game just not comprehend someone putting up the numbers he does in real life?

>cronaldo

mixture of that and bad AI management

Messi would have a 23 in determination and 21 in dribbling if the engine supported it

>Messis stats
>terrible

mostly seeing him around getting a 7.7 - 8.2 average per season, especially at 32/33 years old most times, he retired in my save so I cant screenshot it, but can you post your experiences?

>dybala
pretty much the GOAT, i love it how SI did the aging right, where around 32/33 y/o the players start to get better actually for 1 year, playing on their experience

Im on a new computer so I don't have my saves; but off the top of my head in the last season I checked (he was 31) he had around 30 goals and 15 assists in all comps; which for him would be pretty bad

yeah you're right in that aspect, it doesn't produce the insane stats that Messi actually has, but it's probably as you said, but I think it's for the better, because you would have to update the engine and let players get 210 or 220 PA but only once every few years, but I think when you have already built a nice squad you get results from players who wouldn't get these numbers alone

I tried starting a new game, but I can't be arsed playing FM any more. Will just play League or sleep instead /blog

Fuck off tom

This . If a competent tribbler were to use Messi he'd score hat-tricks every game. Milos once said that him and >TSU were breaking the game. And then we had FM16 and that's why we cannot have nice things.

>he had around 30 goals and 15 assists in all comps
You clicked on his resume? Could be only league matches. Yes, it's fucking stupid that FM only displays league apps and goals by default unless you go dig the info.

Yes, I checked out everything. If I recall it was around 23 goals/9 assists in the league

Should check where he started and in which formation the manager prefers. The managers easily play Messi as a Wide Playmaker on Support for example. You could argue it's a waste and you should make your formation around such players but the AI doesn't care (and neither do I 2bf).

>change career stats screen with dig in info
show me the magic

Thanks, you too

You already did.If you look at the left column you'd think Dybala appeared once, but he appeared thrice in official matches instead. Why SI does that I have no idea, but by default it only shows league apps and goals.

Contain works well for me

yeah now I get it, i thought you meant there is some kind of mod or tweak in the UI that can change how it is displayed, also there are not even minutes displayed for Stats and when a player is more often switched in than starting, it'd be nice to see how many scorer/minute they made

>not even one(1) 8.00 or above rating while Mbappé has several

forgotten_pic_12.jpeg

Gimme a team to play as on 15

You've got to be shitting me.

oh oh asensio

clearly a tactical mistake to bring in Meunier and getting less tension on the back of the right side, Madrid is only getting through on their left because emery pushed Alves forward to replace Mbappe on the Right who has been switched with Cavani in ST, changing Cavani for Meunier was the biggest mistake of the night, and I count the 2 dives

Tenerife

I think Real Madrid played better overall though.

I know that all too well. The midfield is also non-existent, Lo Celso had no business playing there and Emery made a mistake in enabling Rabiot... not that Rabiot is better under pressure as a 6 anyway.

>I think Real Madrid played better overall though
The flat 4-4-2 simply bypasses PSG's midfield and gives better freedom to the fullbacks.

yeah they did, but at least PSG did have some chances, albeit rare ones

>Lo Celso had no business
they need a strong BWM, getting the ball in the back third while the top three wait on the sideline to counter is not gonna cut it in this stage, of course you wouldn't play that offensive in the situation but with someone like Nacho in the back, you can march into the goal
>literally making nearly 300 apps in the league for real

all hope was lost in these dark times

>they need a strong BWM
Honestly Lasana Diarra couldn't have done worse. Hell, I'd play Verratti there instead: he actually has the aggressiveness to get the fucking ball back and try to channel his manlet rage.

Emery gets no respect from his players and just gives them what they want until his contract ends; else they go complain to Nasser because the coach is mean. He can't do shit and doesn't do shit tactically speaking. Pulling Cavani out, who always does his best and puts pressure on the defence was a disgrace indeed.

Honestly I was expecting for Meunier to take Lo Celso's place in front of the defence or something rather than weakening the wings when the midfield wasn't working.

yeah Verratti was only there to distribute the balls evenly between them, getting Neymar wasnot good for the relationship that could've been built between Cavani and Mbappe, I think Cavani teaching Mbappe would make him a little bit more complete, more determined, while Naymar thinks he's above-it-all. not good for chemistry, and I hope SI build more on that, because the Dynamics in Fm 18 are a real asset that can be built on when you have real life writing the scripts for you.

But if Nymar had'nt been bought, Mbappe could not have signed, because he doesn't see the asset, I hope Merman gets booted in this or next year at least. Just for the sake of the team.

just bought fm18, anyone been using 442 with defensive forwards? that shit was golden in fm17

Well Dynamics so far only has players being dicks for no reason. Instead of complying like Emery does, the FM manager, who has absurd amounts of power, can just tell them to fuck off and prevent squad revolt by telling them "my way or the highway"... just like he did in previous games.

It's pretty rare to have a top flight club that recruited two managers (Blanc and Emery) who had no way to impose themselves to the players. At least Blanc, despite the stupid mistakes he made still managed to get is gameplan going on... gameplan which still haunts Emery to this day. Part of it is also because Nasser is basically pals with the players, which bypasses all authority a manager could have.

That said, MBop' most likely would've signed for PSG anyway. Real was proposing 6M€ and sub, Qatar 18M€ and first team member. And he gets to stay close with his family that lives in Paris.

>Nasser is basically pals with the players

yeah it's his toy and he would love to probably just coach himself but can't get over it getting a license and with the hard work, so he just plays real life FM Touch.

Yeah the manager still has too much power in FM, that's true, I'd hope them to implement their nature and character more maybe, so you can't always scope out with the same answer 10 times in a row, maybe the media playing a more essential part in it, well, a man can dream

>18m/year for a 19 year old
>180m for a 18/19 year old

I hope the bubble bursts soon enough

not 4-4-2 but 2-3-2-3 here, play 3 strikers up front or 2 Wingers in IF with a CF as ST and you win instantly, like 5-3 or 4-3 or 5-4, make a lotsa goalsa, but not a lotsa good defensa

For that SI would've to give you more options for every interactions, and for these options to actually do something. There are multiple times where you have a perfectly reasonable explanation but tell the player to shoo off because the option is not available and/or the player is too fucking stupid to get it through; even if footballers are indeed quite stupid it's still pretty egregious. That's what Dynamics came down to: there's no reason to compromise for you because either the squad revolts or you get fucked over by the promise system that has no incentive for you besides slowing the problem... and on top of that is bugged. So just take the wrath of the player full on and when he's done pouting give him 5 more years of contract.

For example, I used to completely switch the whole team between league and European matches. Regardless of that, I always had, during the first three months of the season the exact same players who complain about playing time. The solution? 1) Downgrade everyone's status down a tier: no fucking Key Players, youngsters stay Hot Prospects regardless of their ability, the rest of the team is on Rotation and 2) Tell the players to fuck off.

You can get all that info though, just not on that page

OFC in 40 minutes lads
mycujoo.tv/ofc-football?id=13015

How many apps do you need for an EPL winners medal? John Terry just retired this season with 9 apps but for some reason the game didn't give him a medal? I thought you only needed 5

Medals attributions are fucked up. I've had players not receiving theirs despite playing most of the competition... bar the final due to injuries/suspensions/choices.

The rule used to be 10 until about 2012 then it became 5 and then they changed it again so that the club is given a set amount and can distribute them as it sees fit so I dunno what FM does about that. Either it'll still be stuck on 10 or they'll be distributed according to importance to the team and whilst irl a retiring player would clearly be given one FM probably takes the harsh view of a retiring player who probably has shit CA and a diminished reputation as being less important than most.

Get in here lads

Time for the second half comeback lads

ends 7-1 desu

big fan of the perm on the solomon warriors manager

Anyone ever seen a good regen from the pacific? I mean there are decent new zealanders sometimes but I dont think I've ever seen a good Samoan or Fijian

Trollposted lel

and again

>"that should have been a goal"
>"an embarrassing miss"

High quality competition

>Palau in charge of trying

>That Australia draw
bet the manager got sacked

Winter update when?

FM17 editor starts up but stuck on a black screen; what do?

spring

What did you give her this Valentine's Day?

Also I might just do Tenerife fuck it

Erakor vs Dragon in an hour lads

I gave him a really good team to manage

LLM?

this season is trash already

who /onlysupportingofcsidesbasedontheircrests/ here
Erakor>Dragon desu

mycujoo.tv/ofc-football?id=13016
get in here

Red card almost certainly coming in this game

that last minute drama, what a game

>4-3
>95th minute winner
wish I hadn't missed it

dont forget fm tier own goal header too, was great

well that part seems standard issue for this competition

>that image
So this is the power of a circlejerk

Does the quality of the opponent determine how fast your players learn your tactics?

no THIS is the power of a circlejerk
*rips your cock off*

it's a page 6 simpshit bump for no apparent reason

Please wake up /trb/ :'^(

Wake up

What should I upgrade /trb/? I am promoting to second tier.

Training

Lads what did I do to deserve Cred Forums changing my flag constantly

Got rejected due to budget constraints for both training and youth facilities. Should I wait and accumulate more money or ask to increase junior coaching/youth recruitment?

just watched the highlights, what a game

should i let my youth intake wonderkid leave for psg or should i keep him in the teaam unhappy? will he develop if he's unhappy? he has a 3 year contract with a 3 year option. i'm thinking about sending him on loan to a feeder desu

also, fucking youth intake wonderkids never have any loyalty, even the ones with good loyalty attributs. bunch of faggots

Youth coaching and youth recruitment are the things to do first. Also, put money and effort into first team players before "talents", as you aren't likely to develop them well enough before your club has grown a bit.
Short term first, development later.

You can't even ask for youth recruitment increases until your rep goes up enough to merit it.

Man, the Europa League is really stacked this year. Any of Dortmund, Milan, Marseille, Arsenal, Bilbao, Zenit, Atletico, Lyon, Napoli and Leipzig could win.

>Not Ostersunds

you're forgetting about sporting lisbon who could win the whole thing

>losing to fucking kazakstani cyclists

have you ever seen a cyclist's legs?

They're too strong for football. They'll explode.

Hiya, lads.

>barca unveil therapy cat for the players to stroke to keep calm at HT

No wonder they are better this season.

Too bad I'm not taking that many pic there but here have another one.

For those wanting to roleplay storming out of the conference room.

Have you visited the Chapel? Or lifted the european cup?

The trophy room.

I have. But not gonna post it here lel.

you're going to visit butters later right?

Should I ever send Wonderkids out for loan if I have the best youth development in the world?

If they are over 18 and you can't give them 20 appearances that season, then yes. Make sure the club you loan him to has good training facilities of their own and make sure he's a key player there.

Is 18 the age where game time develops a player more than your training facilities does?

18 is when they are no longer in the youth team and are instead in the reserves, at least in England. Reserve matches don't develop a player nearly as much as real matches, and he no longer gets benefit off your youth rating or youth coaches.

If you can find a good loan situation for him, id go for it. But again, try to fit him into your plans and play him in cups and use him off the bench, 20 apps is the sweet spot, plus if he stays at the club you can continue tutoring him.

just buy like 50 players per season and send 45 of them away and evaluate later, in the last year sell them for Value+50% sell on clause, most teams will comply with a decent player, if you want to maybe sell him later. You can fuck up the economy pretty easily by just hoarding players, I can buy 10 great wonderkids with the money I made from him

>never paid him any wages
>make 42 mil profit

feels jewy

what a weird career that guy has

>worst player I got and only played because I had an open space because I loaned out a great talent
>PSG still overspending for below than average players

SI sometimes gets it right

>Eplel
>Real Mad
That boosted his rep and hence his value.

pls respond

hc is already on his way butters. i hope youve prepared tea and snacks for him and his wife.

I'll prepare bandages and embalming ointments

>Januzaj scores
The FM15 wonderkids strike back. Pic related.

>Tamworth FC
>no leaders
>captain is only player rated as "highly influential"
>refuses to tutor or welcome anybody to the team
>refuses any individual training

Can't I just fund a team happy hour or something instead?

Strip the armband and get rid of him.
>inb4 locker room revolt
A captain who doesn't do his job is no captain.

I'll be here in Barcelona for 2 more days tho.

Enjoy it lad, Barcelona is one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, probably the second best after San Sebastián.

It is. And I also like the climate here.
Slightly warmer than Madrid but pretty cool so I can go around in sweater and thermals.

I recommend you to take a walk in the gothic quarter if you have the time.
Yeah it should be pretty cold in Barcelona now, I hope you don't freeze.

>We demand you sell our world class goalkeeper!!!

Do you think the entire locker room ever gangs up on Mourinho to sell De Gea, or on Conte to sell Courtois? I feel like this really doesn't make sense that players side with a wantaway star over the club

Those player interactions that were introduced in 17 are probably the biggest fuckup SI has ever made, and it's not like there is no competition.

lmao get fucked Pep

>playing as chelsea

Too bad SI will justify that because you're neither Manure nor Chelski. Then you'll tell the players that they're fucking stupid and it defuses the entire situation.

>summer
>one of the players wants to leave for another team even though we are champions league holders 4/5 past years
>morale fucked
>start the season with terrible morale
>drop points the first 5-10 games

every season

Better than playing as City

I don't want to always to have to build up a small club over years to become decent; sometimes I actually enjoy using the players I know in real life

reminder that if you haven't learned irl the language of the country where you manage you are a pleb

Shoo off Figo, go have poor opinions elsewhere.

I can absolutely envisage a scenario where players become friends and you refusing a transfer is seen as inhibiting his career and his happiness which enrages his friends.

I cannot remember a single irl example of players mad at a manager because of not letting a player go to a bigger club. Even less if such big club isn't really bigger than theirs.

That's not the issue: it simply plays like a poor script; especially since 99% of the time they'll agree that it's a stupid idea when you tell them even if they like the guy.

Yeah, and you just drop the guy from the squad so the interested party loses interest, then he withdraws his request because nobody is interested in him anymore, and he's happy again, and you extend his contract

>15 wins
>16 pts

What the fuck is going on?

probably a points deduction for failing ffp
post table

>poop

I forget where it shows you who is affected by points deductions and for what reasons. I think maybe the table page if you check the dropdown menu from overview. Otherwise maybe rules

I was there actually this morning. Might go there again then.

>thought butters was replying to himself for a second
Can't deal with HC in Spain, when do you leave that terrible place?

Right you were lads.

Anyone got any explanation for this one?

that shit just happens sometimes

forgot to mention its always 254 though so at least you can tell when its a bug

probably to do with bits and bytes

sent him on loan and we're cool now

Ironic

>implying it's not just butters being in barcelona and replying to himself with the HC trip

>implying I am not all trips in the thread using a VPN

>larping as me
dont know why you would do something like that

Finally passed all my exams and decided to run FM for a cheeky match or two
Loaded up my save, turns out it’s time to face Liverpool while playing as Yeovil in second season after being promoted to premier league
Prepare the finest squad and set counter mentality
Somehow manage to be winning 4-1 until my laptop shut down at 89th minute due to overheating
Fuck this shit, I’m gonna savescum until I wreck them again

Nothing wrong with save scumming if you have a technical malfunction; happens to me all the time ;)

>overheating after not even one full match
Time for a new laptop Pawel

Yup, got myself a new PC, just gotta find time to transfer all my stuff from the laptop to the PC, no more overheating and this kind of bullshit motivates me to do it soon enough

mycujoo.tv/ofc-football?id=13011
Ba vs Tupapa in a few mins lads. Tupapa gonna get reemed.

>page 9
Fucking hell, lads.

depressing

rate my le cut inside man

please give me a pun

Give me a unique formation to try out; my 3-4-3 is getting stale

"The way you're carrying on you must be giving your head a Toure of your Ass"

>losing possession on a throw in

WSW vs Heskey Jets in 15 bongs

>cricfree.cc/watch/live/western-sydney-vs-newcastle-jets-live-streaming

Someone took a shit in front of my house last night after leaving a note saying "Nice job!, Go shit in front of your own house!" 2 days earlier.

What the fuck..

>Neymar playing for Fluminense

god i hope that happens

he looks tired

Is it worth going from fm17 to 18?

Last time I was here it was the beta and people were moaning about how scouting was totally broken

I found out that u19s don't train in the youth facilities, and those facilities are only used for making better regens. How I spent so much time playing the game and never figured this out is beyond me.

Everything around regens is counterintuitive desu

Think I'm gonna do a scotch save, who should I play as?

Also game time apparently means very little if they're under 18 and they'll develop just fine even if you don't give them playing time. I was giving a lot of game time to my 16 year olds and apparently coaches + training facilities (not youth facilities) make all the difference.

Queen's Park

Maybe the reason why I'm not getting any regens from my affiliates (even after a lot of tries) is because my youth facilities are still shit relative to theirs.

how does my one player keep getting injured?

i even checked his secret stats and his injury proneness isnt high, his natural fitness is decent too

physios?
work load?
facilities?
condition?

cursed by voodoo

Is there like a generator so I can roll a club to start at?

I know there's a llm one but I don't really want to deal with 7 promotions right now

for llm up to fm15 (although the version doesn't matter all that much:
lowerleaguemanager.com/Paco.html
Found this one too
web.archive.org/web/20040103170440/www.cmbase.co.uk/clubselector.shtml
But probably the best one is this one (you'll have to fill in some details):
fmscout.com/clubs.html?id=1160286

cheers hun

greyhound manager is on sale lads

Why do I have to be a weeb and my game of choice is another spreadsheet simulator?

Anime is a mental illness. Seek help.

Thoughts on these 2? I play with a CF, which Hermansson is natural in, but only because of the player I have right now. Or because I can get them for only £1.5-2m, go for both and sell on Geir after he develops?

Fuck rolling just play as that palestinian side in chile

>player plays like shit and tells me it's my tactics when it's clearly not

it's always "your tactics"

;)

CS Unirea Tărlungeni, Liga 2 Group 2, Romania

here I go

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43091808
>Off field events have resulted in this player receiving a drastic increase in determination

>inside forward shot goes to the corner flag

>inside forwards

they cut inside xD

figo please

If you play anything other than a standard 4-4-2 you're a dumb millennial

>not a 4-V-1

real madrid wanted my u19 manager so i talked to him and for the first time ever it worked and now he doesn't want to leave :)

How do I learn what roles to use? Why would I use a box to box over a ball winner?

are you implying Miles' excellent role descriptions are of no use to you?

>tfw nobody likes FM anymore

we had a good run. its time to move on to bigger and bigger things.

>red hot polka
>silver bitch
sorry what

this desu shit game

>>silver bitch
sorry what

ricky alvarez is a solid shooting coach

imagine being blind

Getting outcoached pretty hard here

whew

>long shots 28

It would have been 2-0 had Martial not scored one of the shittest goals I've ever seen deflecting off 2 players. Luckily we got a last minute penalty

>when you get a regen that only turns 16 in the next season

>and you're managing in Germany

>new save
>look at team
>depressing
>hey, at least I have this five-star str.....
>*sound of ankle snapping*
so, anyway, how are your seasons going?

why germany

players have to be 17 to play in the league
>7 subs named, 5 subs allowed
Iceland's preseason cup is weird

oh, i managing in portugal though

The first one wins the ball in the central or deep midfield, while the other one plays both defensively, midfieldly and attackingly. They work quite well together.
Isn't that almost like the rules in Charity Shield?

except I have to play (at least) 7 matches in 2 months
could say "screw it" and play yoofs to avoid injuries, but I'm afraid of morale issues
will probably do so once the playoffs become unreachable

>tfw you can't see the pitch during preseason

rate my signing, and take his wages into account

glad I finally figured out bus parking

disgusting post

If parking the bus for every hard away game works for Mouyes, it works for me

devilish

it's barely working for him tbf

You two should meet up and play fm

>wanting to meet the kind of person who plays fm

>tfw beating your friends with a 442 on a lan save and never being invited back

What's your favorite formation? I like the 3-4-3

What do you think his hobbies are

>play Stockport
>good attendances, make a 1.5m profit over the course of 1 season
>notice they are only renting their ground
>decide to buy ground just to see how it works
>"Great idea, we'll make plans to buy it by the start of next season"
>stadium gets bought, still have 1.5m in the bank
>Oh cool I guess it's something that only happens behind the scenes
>check the debt tab
Well, guess I'm leaving to join a new club

You'll be fine, its a 10 year loan and only just over 50k a month and no more rent payments so even if you take the same money as last year you should be making about a million a season.

why do you losers make 100 posts on friday night but are never around when I am

We evade you la, we fear you invite us to sauna

what should I purchase 17 or 18?

I love 12 but I want players to have bad/regular spells.. does Miles have implemented that feature?

CM02

David Luiz is a fucking beast. Not only does he grab like 20 interceptions a game but he scored home and away against Bayern for me when my strikers were playing like ass

S U P E R S U B
U
P
E
R
S
U
B

AFLX is a complete piece of piss

Pic certainly not related

>flair:20

more like

>concentration 3
>technique 20

Imagine scoring this in the 92. minute to earn your team all three points.

Impregnate me.

Decided to boot up my old external hard drive and found FM16 installed on it. Should I start a career in my local club (Wigry Suwałki, Polish 2nd tier) for like 5th or 6th time already or should I try some other low tier eastern yuro team? Any suggestions?

Not bad I have to say

Serbian 3rd division.

Dan the man

jeje

Ayy

how do I train my players to get the 'scouting required' ppm?

Just realised Wagner wears number 2 up front for Bayern.
This upsets me greatly.

damn, should've screencapped Tomi Ameobi wearing Nr 2 up front in Iceland
>mfw gave a LB number 1 when playing FIFA

don't even give them the attention they crave. They should rot in jail, desu

I wonder how far I'll get.

>spotted the Vindbjart FM researcher

>tfw your players refuse to get in to good goalscoring positions and constantly shoot from distance

please tell me how to turn off that awful music when i launch the game

who thought this shit was a good idea? SACK THE CUNT

it's your preferences fault

It is really complaicated but because I'm a nice guy and this seems to be on the verge of causing you to ahve a stroke I guess I'll help you out.

Step 1: Load FM.
Now this can be quite tricky but your best option is to double click the option on your desktop or go into Steam and click launch.

Step 2: Wait for it to load
This might cause you to burst a blood vessel so maybe leave the room for a bit.

Step 3: Go to the options menu
This is tricky because they've hidden it by naming it Preferences.

Step 4: Untick the box for background music
This is really, really tricky because its so well hidden. Hopefully this image makes it clearer for you.

>not giving instructions how to enlarge your picture

I just mute fm the first time I open it in the volume controls

>Not providing a handy guide on how to do this

>18 has the same settings as 17
what a ripoff

>game crashes in dressing room after a loss ends a 10 match unbeaten streak
>just feels dirty, can't even be angry at FM 18

What is the honorable thing to do here guys?

Will this ever end?

haha what the fuck is this

uninstall fm and move on with your life

Miles compiled the soundtrack for FIFA 97 or something, so he felt that any criticism of music in FM was unsound.

Didn't see it myself but apparently actual image from the BT Sports VAR thing to judge an offside call

Legit, its all over social media too at this point.
VAR absolutely btfo

>mfw plebs play as top-league teams with millions of pounds in budget rather than manage lower-league teams with hardly a penny to spend so frivilously
It's like you people are scared of a challenge.

His leg was behind the line on the actual thing, this is just luddites getting trigger happy

lower league is way easier since the ai managers all have shit stats, no budget and no scouting

is she right?

Yes.

why do they make the interface more laptop unfriendly with every year?

This years was just unfriendly full stop. I'd expect them to return it to 16/17 tier for 19 and claim it as a "whole new reinvented user interface"

Not sure why people get so upset that the game doesn't change drastically every single year. Things like are disappointing but I'm always surprised that it gets people worked up enough to leave angry reviews.

This.
They never make huge changes year to year, its always small changes each edition which over time do harm/good so it seems insane that anyone can say one is vastly superior/inferior to its predecessor/successor. Only thing is when one of the editions has a massively exploitable bug in the match engine making something incredibly OP but outside of 16 with wingers/wingbacks and whichever edition had the grid they have on the whole been reasonably well balanced.
14 was probably the peak though.

>take over new club
>highly influential player doesn't have great attributes or fit my tactic
>receive offer way higher than what he's worth
>accept it
>now the whole club is pissed off at me for considering selling
Any of you had this problem before? I just want him to fuck off, but I don't want an unhappy dressing room

Antonio is that you?

I gave my goalkeeper the number 6 and my left back is number 11

My keeper is #10 and my striker is #1, my fullbacks are my 9 and 11.

lads, rate my unlimited loans cheesing

we did it lads

Doesn't appear to been many passes in their half of the pitch; 0 key passes for the whole team as well

bus/11

There's nothing wrong with parking the bus if you have a big lead

haha

post the tactics

Every single player also has personal instructions like "shoot less, dribble less, less risky passes, tackle harder" etc

going to try this for a laugh

Laugh is the last thing you want. If you got decent players though it's 95% of the time going to give you a draw. I wouldn't recommend actually watching the games either

>Morocco nearly pulling off meme magic

I guess they try to be Arsenal-like in the gaming business, renewing just enough to make a steady profit every year, and consider big changes or improvements an unnecessary risk.

How is Football Manager 2018? I'm thinking about picking it up.

LMAO at the absolute state of this penalty shoot-out

meh
get it if it's on sale

shit tbqh

Rest of Segunda, are you even trying?

I'm getting nostalgic about FM

Did they fix the wingbacks being OP issue yet? Reviews are shit this year as they always are. Worth pirating at least?

>wingbacks being OP

but that's just realism

lel

you can't pirate it because they don't crack it completely until the final patch is out

post you cunts

scouting on this is sooooooooooo bad. why the fuck did they change it?

i dont even get to see the report of half the players i scout.

is there no setting you can use to just have every report you ask fro to appear as a seperate item in your news feed?

Hi Anonymous, thank you for your feedback. We at SI Games take the utmost care and attention over every feature implemented and can assure you this is far superior even though every previous version allowed you to view the same information quicker and allowed for more comparisons. But trust us, this is better.

>SI
>jew name
checks out

Look closer at the name

Looks jewish to me.

>FA Cup game has a chick ref

muh dick

>Spuds

good lord, that Monchengladbach pitch is shitty.

Walk me through pre-season training when you start a new save as an English team. What is the optimal amount of fitness training you must set? I want to have a well-rounded team but the assistant manager keeps bugging me to set the focus to Fitness and then if I do then team cohesiveness drops and everything goes to shit. So how many weeks and at what intensity do you set Fitness as training focus /trb/?

>Striker forgets how to move Off The Ball in important matches even when he has aches to exploit
See, FM is realistic: managers are shit and footballers are dumb.

Your AssMan means Fitness training on Very High intensity with (almost) maximal amount of pre-match training for Tactics. You can also tell him to shut the fuck up.

you should be good with a balanced training on high or very high until a week before the season starts.

Acres* to exploit much to my painful aches.

park the bus + punt it to the wingers to cross is hilariously OP

i've just beaten Chievo and Deportivo La Coruna in Europa League qualifying as a newly promoted SPL team. i still have four original players in my first XI, and my left-back is a guy who spent the last season on loan at Elgin City with an average rating of 6.71

Then your rep catches up and they stop doing that kind of stupid shit.

well, this has been an unnecessarily stressful match, but now I can play shitty newgens in the last two games

Its obviously not as good as previous FMs, but I changed the duration of time when I get scout meetings in my inbox by 2 days just so I don't forget to check myself.

Send Betis all of your energy

Tell me what tactics/roles/signings are op in FM18

MEZ/SV(A).

Wait, I think it's VOL and not SV.

sending thoughts and prayers.

ramos scored literally 4 seconds after my stream started up
sorry

must have a low Important Matches stat

To give it hindsight, it comes from a French analysis on that match. Considering neither Cavani, Nerman or MBap' made a single inside off the ball movement, it must be a coach instruction to stay on the wing no matter what. But when you ave such space it's a waste not to run into it: even if you don't receive the ball you can still wreck havoc znd/or allow a partner to dribble or go forward.

>tfw it gets to March and your strikers turn to shit

just look at this shit. they should be goating it up but all turned bad at the same time.

Played 18 for about 100 hours but ended up going back to 17 lads. Couldn't really get into any save.

I've only just brought the game and i'm already considering returning to '17, this UI is utter, UTTER bollocks.

You get used it desu but it is shite

Going back to 17 from 18 is very jarring though. Obviously you get used to it after a bit but it feels very weird to start with.

This scouting shit is awful as well. Why the fuck can't I just receive a message in my fucking inbox like has been the case for fucking ever instead of trawling through shite. SO many fucking clicks man wtf!!?!? Miles really is a fucking jewish cunt, love to test his chins.

I keep doing this every year, but in the end, I always see that Miles was right.

>love to test his chins

>I always see that Miles was right

Thanks, I'll add that pic to my little but growing collection of "miles being a cunt on twitter"

that last reply always makes me smile

I think that's it for me. """"Sometimes"""" I feel FM isn't developed by people who actually play the damn thing for more than two seasons. I know it's the majority of users, but only the most rabid ones will post on the forums and they're consistently ignored because fuck you, that's why. I can't tell if they're contrarians, incompetent, hates us or any other option. Most likely "it's a little bit of everything, really".

I don't get how I can win against Swanley, Tiverton, Newquay in friendlies, TNS and FC Santa Claus in CL qualifiers and then lose against Arsenal and Tottenham.
Angry Chinese reviewers incoming

This is getting ridiculous

>photo's

change your pen taker

They have Lacazette right? It's all those Lyon players are good at. Remove referring advantages and they're complete wank.

My Pen taker has 20 in penalties, 15 in composure and 15 in finishing. No one else on my team is close to that

Is it Simone Zaza?

based Balotelli?

Yeah, it's Balotelli. I picked him up on a free but this nigger can't score a penalty to save his life

Mike is such a cunt

He does have 'Premier League experience'.

Jesus fucking Christ he just missed 2 in the same CL game

y always him?

Y, indeed.

Y
i n d e e d

>wanted by PSG
Do they ever get taken over with someone who hasn't got a ton of money in FM?

Doest he have like 5 Det or something?

Butters prefers runaway cloth hangers. It looks too normally thick for him.

d-do you have a thing for winking girls or what, chilly?

based kondou

i have a thing for QTs, also i have a v good memory. helps with my QT webms.

Not the face I expected when I saw his name.

Your friend has made quite a few caps.

>still no goals
lmao what a shitter thank god he's close to retirement from international football
also
>spuds
delet save

I probably will in 3-4 seasons

>212
wew

>not trying to get 800 matches for Aircondition Milan like a hero

the time it takes to play 3-4 seasons is the time left for me before i slit my own throat

you should show him your qts folders, it would scare him to the point that he would never come back to /trb/.

Ouch. I just decided to quit uni a few weeks ago, but the ram and screencard for my fulltime FMing for the next few weeks or months cost me a few bob

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43107860
huehuehuehuehuehue

Can't wait to sell this uppity wonderkid.

>to the point that he would never come back to /trb/.
you wish

why is that pic called butters anyway who even is that guy

Ihate this shit so much. When youre' tyring to prais the lad but he can't just take it sa a compiliemtn.

do you think i know? i probably saved it two years ago while smoking crack

was he not around that long ago for that?

Dan, have you seen my QTs folder yet? this folder doesn't include any of the QT webms, that's a separate one obviously.

I have even worked with murderers and rapists, and never experienced people being as rude as FMs international debutantes.

I don't think he was, based autistic but well organized chilly

oh shit i remember something but admittedly weed is shit and i actually remember nothing

how much is that even? also up on mega so i can add it to my collection

Good chimping desu

whoops forgot my link
youtube.com/watch?v=_90icpKEq60

reminder to sign Agustín Allione if you can.

here, it's on dropbox, you just need to add this to the the end of the main website address:

/sh/itt68nn26xay4w9/AAAm9VG8pRrLCGp0atwNqtsja?dl=0

organization is key

and i thought my 26GBs were a lot

I hope that is only club badges and cut out player faces.

>I have even worked with murderers and rapists
Norway must be weird

It is normal if you work in a prison, I guess.

my religion teacher worked in a prison too, but i always skipped his classes because hehe jebus isnt tru

i once found myself talking with him about trannies in prison and how they act, that was a quite entertaining conversation

I have never met a tranny (at least open) in prison, but one of my lecturers at uni were one. I guess it's not that popular here.

i read somewhere that italy got a pretty high rate, also like 4 prostitutes in 5 are trannies so fuck that too

reminder to yell "travoon" at trannies when you're in italy and drive past them

I guess the risk of becoming a transvestite is bigger if you can fit your girlfriend's clothes, and come in through that gateway, and Italian men are a bit smaller than Norwegians, I guess.
I have only been to Venice and a place called Lido just nearby.

>tfw same height as gf
who here /soontobetransvestite/? me btw

My second gf was 1,85 or something. Luckily, I am 1,87.

haha i'm 17cm shorter kill me, fuck girls with long legs but also bless them

you could become a professional jockey, I guess

the first news for >jockey is
>Veteran jockey hospitalised after fall in Toowoomba race
so um fuck no

u like?

I'd call him papi

rename him Pappardelle and we're good

I guess they don't want to sell.

a good fullback is hard to find

that’s because you didn’t nickname him Pappardelle, portugal’s finest meal

thanks for the dinner suggestion

this guy will do

He doesn't look very healthy.

>dinner
>5:40am
wdymbt

>predicted to finish 3rd
>finished 2nd

Can I tutor regens during the off season? Should I?

why aren't you doing your preseason touring in places like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=I1qtvrPjXys

How do you move on to a new tactic when you've fallen in love with the one you're using?

you never do

massive losing streak

No, as in later today.
I get an insane youth prospect that doesn't fit into the current system.

football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2017/215/en/
>Sarr is the 5th biggest prospect in Europe
The end times are upon us

yes (as long as the players are not on holiday) and yes

hope they're tasty desu senpai

is it possible to create a custom league in this game? for example could you move the top 20 teams in Europe to a new or existing league and see how it plays out?

Yes, but you'll need the Database Editor in order to do so. But I believe someone has actually already done something like what you described.

my better half went shopping before I woke up, so I'll try again another time

I can't figure out what save I want to do in 17. Help lads.

>Single club save with FC Metz in Ligue 1
>Single club save with Hyde United, deep down the English ladder
>Career-style save, hopping from club to club in order to make it to the top of European football, and be the greatest manager ever

dartford

trip up mitch

no

#3, but pick some kind of weird ultra-rigid tactical philosophy and stick to it no matter what
eg.
>no wide players + hoofball
>max closing down, hard tackling, 3 BWMs at all times
>super deep defensive line with a libero, and no strikers
or insist on bringing a cabal of 3-4 players with you every time, redknapp-style

>only two guys injured
>both are D(R)s
S C R I P T E D

ez grup

Time for three at the back. Pic related considering it's (You).

I'll put my rare flag in D(R) I think. I need muh fullbacks for possession.

>Those PPMs
A Roberto Carlos fanboy apparently. Just missing a couple OOMs here and there to completely mimic him.

>OOMs
Out of Mana?

>THE CATALAN INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENT OF PEP GUARDIOLA

lol @ City imo

I hope you all read The Road to Wigan Pier to celebrate this.

O is way too close to P on the keyboard. Way too close.

fucking assholes
twitter.com/FootballManager/status/965705939293757441

>it can't be me it must be the game!

fuck Mike.

>no events where you star striker picks up an injury after being attacked by dirty subhuman wigan fans
wtf si fix this

recommend a club lads
growing bored with playing the same 10-12 clubs as i do each game

Paris FC in the French 3rd Division. Become the City to PSG's United.

Only without all the oil money.

They're playing FM on telly.

wad is dis

SI (ans especially Miles) always answers besides the point: because it happens once every blue moon in real life doesn't mean there isn't an issue with the >game. Like players acting like absolute cunts or knocking at your door only to fall back when you use Common Sense 101 on them: of course some people are that retarded, but "it happens" is a cheap answer to a complete lack of foresight.

might do that
thanks

How do I get my youth out on loans? I have a shitton of young players and can't be arsed rotating them for their matches manually. I offered them out on loan but no offers have come in. How do I attract loan offers?

Set their status to "Available for Loan" and wait a week. Has to be during a transfer window though

Sometimes your youth players have high egos. Lower their squad status to Hot Prospect or Youngster. Also, check that you're not asking for too much money in your staff responsibilities. If there's interest from clubs but no offer, it's a money issue: they may not want to pay the fee or the wage; that or the player wouldn't want to join. If there's no interest whatsoever they're just that shite and no clubs are interested.

Which is why you always play with the biggest db possible and always put all non-loaded leagues on view-only as it makes them more active on the transfer market without costing you much (if anything) in processing speed. And also because SI won't let you put leagues on View-Only after you've started the save because reasons.

Also this : loan offers only happen during transfer windows.

they tried

some of the puns are Leicesterrible

bad posts

>5 penalties this season and none scored
Almost makes me miss the broken penalties on FM15