How the fuck are they not in the WC?

how the fuck are they not in the WC?

Kek. Thats legit more embarrassing than 7-1

at least they had to play some decent teams in Spain and Sweden

USA finished behind Panama, Costa Rica and Honduras

List one (uno) elite Italian player

This is typically the kind of post of someone that has no idea about football.

we don't even care about monkeyroll though, it is a religion there

Insigne

>Serie A babby
Lmao

but he's right

course you don't, champ

He looked mediocre against Leipzig

No Balotelli in qualifying

>Missing the tourney all together is better than making the finals and losing
Gud logic bro. It's not like italy doesn't have an elite program.

it would be like us failing to qualify for a basketball tourney

He's not right, and you know it. Getting humiliated in your own country, in your own WC with 7-1, a record score, is the most humiliating thing ever.

They didn't make the finals you fucking tool. This proves that you are talking out of your ass. But i dont blame you, i see your flag.

not that bad because Italy aren’t a whole tier above the other major soccer countries

I think it is equally embarrasing.

Do we actually expect Mexico to be good at anything by this point?

A World Cup without Italy is like a full English breakfast without baked beans.

buffon

*Semi-final, why the fuck are the Dutch such annoying cunts? Italy missed the WHOLE FUCKING TOURNAMENT.

THEY MADE IT AS FAR AS US LMAO

uve

Not making the tournament is a bad performance. But losing the semi-final with 7-1 is a humiliation.

Losing your group is sustained failure by a top program. Choking big to another top tier opponent on one game, is awful, but not as bad as a campaign of impotence.

jej

Italy not making the WC18 will never be a big thing in history of sports. Brasil getting absolutely blown the fuck out in the semi-finals of the World Cup 2014 in Brasil, will be forever remembered.

>losing to tobasco and trivago
oh nononono

Well said, limey.

They're remembered because they were a good team that had a shot to play the finals at home and they choked. Italy is so fucking bad they're not even worth noting to history.

They don't have a out and out goalscorer and their creative talents are average

They werent even a good team. Brasil played bad the whole tournament. You're ignorance is showing. Just keep following your NFL franchise

>seething this hard

>They weren't even a good team
>Just made it to the semis
So either the whole tournament format is terribly flawed and good teams don't make the bracket while bad teams make the semis or you're wrong.

Listen. You clearly didn't watch the fucking WC2014, and on top of that, you don't know shit about football. If you did, you wouldn't be arguing me about this matter.

Lmao you're this triggered because someone has a different opinion than you? Chill out Van der Doof

I've yet to seen a webm about italy losing to sweden let alone one as classic as the 7-1. Its way more fucking embarrasing

Holland wasn't a great team either, and still we made it to the semi-finals. Nobody in Holland expected this. Brasil had a lot of luck and ref-ball to make it so far. That's part of the reason they were humiliated so badly by Germany in the semis. Normally Brasil would never lose by a margin bigger than 2 goals in any World Cup they ever competed in. So to lose by a margin of 6 goals is historical.

Dude Italy not qualifing was not a big shock because people saw it coming, italy has been dropping in quality as a NT in the world cup since they won it in 06, the have had good performances in the last 2 euros mainly because of a competent coach + in form players, but everyone knew their going through a transition, a low point, so it was certainly not a big shock as brazil losing 7 to fucking 1 in a semi final at home WHEN THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT WAS TO AVOID ANOTHER MARACANAZO. The point was lets win the damn thing and if not go down trying or with heart. They got demolished like an amateur club. At home to fucking heartless germans that shit looked like a kids soccer movie where the big bad team fucking ripped the dear home team

How is a shocking defeat worse than a world champ program not making out of groups for the next 3 consecutive world cups, and not even qualifying in the last one? Like yes Brasil woefully underachieved that day, but Italy has woefully underachieved for 3. Consecutive. World. Cups. So yeah you say their TEAMS haven't been expected to be good but Italy as a premier soccer nation is expected to have better TEAMS than that. Italy is embarrassing themselves by not even being in the discussion.

Only Cred Forums is still hung up on that. Teams have their bad days

Im bad with flags, is this Turkey?

No, Ethiopia

>tfw we are the cause of all this, including this thread

Good job lads. I haven't even seen an Italian flag on here in days.

life as an amerilard must be pain.
no wonder you shoot yourselves so much

Yeah pretty tough. Luckily 10 months of good weather keeps me sane.

Another reason to hate Sweden.

How do fuck are we in the world cup?

no, you're not.
they are the reason themselves for losing to a shit side.

>not making the WC and not even making it to the next round of the past 2 WCs is somehow less bad than getting blown out in a single game that was essentially a mistake
You're all fucking stupid.

>he doesn't understand how 1-7 is infinitely worse
I mean, I should've guessed when I saw your flag.
what an idiot lmao

you play well in qualifiers but you're shit in the tournaments

Losing to Sweden in a playoff isn't that bad. They're one of the best low-tier teams. Italy fucked up by blowing friendlies and ending up in a group with Spain.

Italian here.
The team was full of good players, but FIGC is so so bad. They picked a random coach with no mentality or leadership at all. Also the (ex)president was a fucking disgrace. Both him and the coach have been sacked. After that, we are ready to rebuild and put our name back at the top, maybe it will take a year, maybe 5, but we want to forget and go on.
(Yes, it meant very much to us and I cried when we lost)

Merkel bribed us for that
She didn't want us to beat germany as usual.

based swedebros

>thinking that user isn't a CHI

>romans/italians
>ever beating germans

wtf now we wont get to see Italy not advance from the group stage again so sad

Better?

Jorginho

do you really not have a better RB than lustig? he hasnt been too good this season

Don't worry, there's your team for that

Yes of course, every time we win at anything it's because our opposition was not playing at its best. It's never because we were playing well. Everything Sweden does is bad, bla bla bla...

unironically this

Literally 1 shot and 1 goal. You're embarassing yourself

Oh come on. We dominated the first half. Did you really expect us to play attacking football after we took the lead? Would YOU have played attacking football if you took the lead? You didn't even play attacking football when it was 0-0.

i don't think current german team has much to fear from current Italian team.

Dybala.

>serie A is complete garbage
>italian team is mostly serie A players
>???

are you aware that Italy is >our most feared rival?

Not hated, not niggest, not whatever, but literally feared because >our first win ever against them was in 2016?

>losing to young very talented Swedish team
>losing to Trivago and Tobaco
hmm...

The whole Swedish football culture is about hard working lumberjacks with zero technique or tactics. The only players that had that were Henke Larsson and Zlatan, because they were trained and molded at a young age by the Dutch football philosophy

Having no talent or ideas isn't the same as controlling the game. 30% of ball possession to me is just waiting for an error.
Italy controlled the game, but the tactics were shit.

Ljungberg? Forsberg?

>muh possession
Where was that possession when we were drawing?

Brazil = Fried egg
Germany = Sausage
England = Bacon
France = Toast
Spain = Mushrooms
Argentina = Grilled tomato
Holland = Black Pudding

I don't know why I'm talking about tactics with someone that just watch games where the tallest win

I thought Sweden was both inspiring and embarrassing, they worked really hard and applied themselves, but everyone except maybe Guidetti looked like they were about to trip themselves over the ball every time.

A World Cup without England would be like Cred Forums without the annoying kind of shitposting

>England
>Bacon

Absolutely haram

>he thinks soccer has tactics
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

sounds disastrous m8

>fried egg
>sausage
>bacon
>mushrooms
>tomato
>black pudding

>breakfast
anglo """culture""" is fucking vile

Tribinabg tobago rumbabo surely has more than USA. It's not your fault man, sorry.

sounds fucking delicious except for the black pudding, whatever the fuck that is

this why america didnt qualify. american tactics include clapping every throw in and pledging allegiance before every free kick

black pudding is delicious, but you eat it in a barbecue, just like everything else, not in a fucking breakfast.

congealed blood and fat.

Guidetti wasn't even playing?

You have something nearly identical in your country. I forget what it is called but it's essentially blood sausage.

>argies eat black pudding

well i never

That's not pudding at all, that's more like sausage

cooked savoury breakfast is superior in every way. the japs do it too, though with rice and bamboo and stuff obvs

You fucking idiot

Blutwurst

it's called morcilla here.

I'm laughing so hard now

looks great

trabongo e tomato

what the fuck is that orange meat?
do not make a donald trump joke

looks like fish. maybe salmon

inside is yellow :)

>Argentines don't know what salmon looks like

no wonder these idiots lost the falklands war

Because the ARYAN GODS stopped them

we had to fight salmons?
lmao

>italian

Retire Buffon already. He is hampering Donnaruma's progress.

Donnarumma is too young. I prefer Perin, the kid can grow at Milan for now

>lost a meme friendly to Portugal, which sent them down a pot
>due to this, they landed in a group with Spain, which they were not going to top without Conte
>sure enough, they didn't
>they then got drawn with Sweden in the playoffs and lost 1-0 away, drew 0-0 at home

>lost a meme friendly to Portugal
>due to this
whoa don't let the English know that friendlies apparently at one point in time actually mattered

>argentinian

they'd win against sweeden if not shity manager who benched Insigne

7-1 happened because the WC was here. Pressure was too high and they didn't have Neymar. They just shat their pants in that game.

Explain to me what's stopping soccer from having tactics. You literally can't.

Pretty funny seeing our twitter left throwing a fit over that our starter XI is purely white blond men atm

Go to /his/ if you need to be taught how Romans ran the German's show.
On Cred Forums however I can inform you that Italy is Germany's biggest rival, Germany has beaten Italy once and it was in a sudden death shootout.

those beans are fucking disgusting though

Well, it's not like the rest is more appetizing.

>Not r8ing salted pork and black puddings
U a Jew bro?

I don't like mushrooms and baked beans and grilled tomato is kind of weird, but everything else is okay

>A-anyone can have a bad twelve years...
>R-right?

thats more than a bad day

There is no "understand", you're all merely convincing yourselves that a sole game that, in the end, is merely a semifinal loss, is worse than never making it to the more important stages in the first place.