youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA
youtube.com/watch?v=gDb6C88VQG8
youtube.com/watch?v=tQUz1c4trBw
youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q
youtu.be/MRD5g8f8S_A
strawpoll.me/15104017
youtube.com/watch?v=jJjr495fxkY
youtube.com/watch?v=TQx2u_qB8BY
cbssports.com/mlb/news/rangers-reported-deal-with-seung-hwan-oh-called-off-due-to-mri-concerns/
espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22502471/mlb-imposes-rule-limiting-mound-visits-6-per-game-decides-pitch-clock
twitter.com/RaysBaseball/status/965664525176528896
twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/status/952201643906527232
twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/965714796288073729
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

resd

Royals

reminder baseball is soon

>DADS

Explain this, Astros fags

MARINERS!

my face atm

Cubes

>dads
>a whales vagina

He was no student of the game, but he did teach players a lot about how to get big undeserved contracts

At least we're more relevant than the A's

orange = lifelong loyalty
red = bandwagoning faggots

>The dark ages when the Tribune owned the Cubs.

buddy, i just dont think thats true

what is this "SD", never seen it

So, Hosmer to the Padres. This makes them like a...75 win team now?

Overpaying for le GIDP mane doesn't change anything about your irrelevancy

The Padres. SoCal's 2nd most relevant team after the Dodgers

Strangely enough, the Yankees and Red Sox are more relevant in San Diego than the San Diego Padres.

Aren't the Padres home games for the road team? I know that's true for the Dodgers and Giants, I was wondering if that was true for other teams

Wow National League's been getting fucking fleeced this offseason

>ocho

A Present for people here to celebrate the return of Baseball

A Baseball Poster collection from JP Teams and tournaments, just print somewhere and put on wall

mediafire.com/file/hvaopiioq8ldyuz/Posters.zip

>2^3

On the last day of the postseason, the Los Angeles Dodgers will be ____ the World Series

Waseda wife blows old hag Keio out of the water

Thanks Asian Baseball Guy

James Shields lol

angry that the giants won

tuning into the Fox broadcast of

James Shields lol

james shields more like james yields

I call him Big Frame James because it's a big frame for the other team!

You´re welcome

lol
the james shields trade

Why are there so many Asian SF Giants fans?

>MARINERS!
I’ve been meaning to ask for the longest time: What’s this cunt pointing at?

James Shields

>James Shields
Pothead

So will Hosmer be traded to the White Sox as well?

Describe Anthony Recker’s body.

not that bad of a deal

lol yes it is

i think that you are getting confused with the Yomuiri Giants, the Japanese team that uses Uni equal to USA counter-part

I like what he did for the Royals but he's extremely inconsistent and was a replacement level player 3 of the last 6 years. He refuses to take batting tips from anyone except for his firefighter brother. He's a first baseman who hit 25 HR in his best year when the balls were juiced to shit.
I'm tickled just pink that he won't be around for 8 years slamming balls into the dirt with his dumb fucking hair. God bless him. Royals HoF no doubt.

scott please

lol gnats

I'm a Busan Giants fan myself.

so will hosmer make more than the rest of the padres combined?

>so will hosmer make more than the rest of the padres combined?
Priests take a vow of poverty.

oh yeah i forgot that there is a Giants on Korea too

those are Lotte Giants, Lotte has a team on NPB also, called Chiba Lotte Marines

this is one alternative uni that they are going to use this year

i dont found a photo of main uni of Marines on my archives

Padres lol

lmao

>711888

C O N F I R M E D

memes in t-minus 40 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=0m40QdnGRTA

winning

Based Ricky

>Training exhibition
So is this the game where they release the Kangaroos onto the field?

it's actually all kangaroos. the korean team is imported korean kangaroos

I was joking earlier about the Busan Giants. I'm really a Doosan Bears man.

I'm desperate for baseball so I'm down to watch this

kek i'm so desperate i watched college opening day games and am currently watching cricket even though i don't really understand it

good ol aussie baseball

>you're team
>who you'd cheer for if that team didn't exist and why

tribe, for no other reason than kenny lofton

Future All Star in the prison league: Nikolas Cruz or James Holmes?

>Future All Star in the prison league: Nikolas Cruz or James Holmes?

killed kids. he's out. will 'hang' 'himself' within 6m. unless that's what you call an all-star

Mariners
Pilots

If the Mariners didn't exist, that would mean we would be in an alternate timeline where the Pilots didn't relocate after only one season in Seattle. It basically went down like this. back in 1968, the Kansas City A's relocated to Oakland. The MLB awarded KC a new expansion team that would be a companion expansion team to the Seattle Pilots. They were originally supposed to begin play in 1971. The Governor of Missouri raised holy hell over this because he didn't want KC to be without MLB baseball for 2 years. So the MLB obliged and forced the Pilots to begin play in 1969 along with KC, even though they did not have their stadium situation resolved at that point. The Pilots played at Sick's Stadium, which was an old, rickety, minor league stadium. The original plan was to expand Sick's to 30,000 seats by the 1971 season, while a domed stadium (the kingdom) gets built during the mid 70's. This all got thrown out the window when the MLB decided to move up the expansion deadline. So the city of Seattle had to rush into overtime and literally rebuild Sick's during the 1969 season. By the end of the season the Pilots owner, the MLB, and the city were all on bad terms. In comes up and coming prospective owner Bud Selig, who swoops in and buys the team during Spring training. The relocation happened so late and so quickly, that you could still see the old Pilots logos on the Brewers jerseys during the team's first season in Milwaukee.....

This swifty deal is how Bud Selig got himself into the MLB inner circle and eventually allowed him to become commissioner, it also caused one of the ugliest legal battles in the MLB's history. The MLB breached it's contract with the city of Seattle by botching the Pilots expansion and then swiftly relocated them a season later. This legal battle would last for years and almost resulted in the White Sox relocating to Seattle in 1975. ultimately, the MLB was forced to settle by awarding Seattle another franchise, the Mariners, in 1977. This would, in tern, created a need for another franchise. Thus, the Toronto Blue Jays were born. If The Mariners didn't exist, that would mean that Bud Selig failed to buy the Pilots and they stayed in Seattle and the Blue Jays probably wouldn't exist.

what is this meme magic

>killed kids. he's out. will 'hang' 'himself' within 6m. unless that's what you call an all-star
It depends. When is the prison league all star game? If it’s within six months perhaps he has a chance.

yeah but jim bouton

I still need to read Ball four desu. It's been on my shelf for years, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

>This would, in tern, created a need for another franchise. Thus, the Toronto Blue Jays were born.
Terns? If I help you, Clarice, it will be "turns" for us too. Quid pro quo: I tell you things, you tell me things. Not about this case, though. About yourself. Quid pro quo. Yes or no? Yes or no, Clarice? Poor little Catherine is waiting.

> you thought baseball was over, but baseball's always on

fucking based

>8 (Eight) years
>Poodres

>> you thought baseball was over, but baseball's always on
But it’s cold, it’s raining and there’s still no baseball.

Who do i root for?

this guy:

ok

go

that bendigo bank teller tho

I too am cold, it snowed yesterday and there's no goddamn baseball.

Whatcha drinking tonight Wincy?

50 win season coming in!

The Astros rep Houston, the Rangers rep Texas.

is padres baseball back bros?

tallboys of twisted tea. just ran out actually :(

SEE YA LETS GO BEARS

>8 years 139 million for Eric Hosmer

How do we stop the Padres bros

"Grounders" Hosmer wasn't going to push it up any higher desu

Cubs!

lmao
slippy nip 150 million can't make it up

How did they turn the franchise around so dramatically? will they do it again?

Looks like the 2017 Chicago White Sox.

YES!

Tanking. It works.

this

the Phillies will win the worlds eries in 2021 screencap this

double dubs proves it

EXCLUSIVE NEW PIC OF HOSMER IN NEW SAN DIEGO UNIFORM

Right, but if we don't sign Moustakas Mike Trout as a player will have a better combined WAR than the entire roster of the KCR.

This may shock you but the Royals were at one time not a very good baseball team
Settle in friend

>back

hey man, im just happy about 2015, considering the Chiefs will never make it pay the first round of the playoffs I'll take what I got.

ive been watching for 3 full years so i think i know something about baseball
dont ever try to lecture me again

By showing up

damn this game is actually pretty sick

>Didn't plan on watching this Korea vs Australia baseball
>Woke up 20 minutes ago with severe diarrhea
>Now awake, tummy ache, and watching the baseball

feel better bro

Never thought id see jimmy paredes ever again but here we are

Thanks baseball bro

Do you guys think the Reds have any hope this season? pls no bully

How do Korean and Australian baseball compare to US baseball? AA level?

>jimmy paredes

we need a shitload of things to go right. disco and homer need to throw 180 innings each, castillo has to be a sub-3.00 guy, billy hamilton needs to get injured or traded, suarez needs to fill the offensive gap left by cozart, and price needs to pull his fucking head out of his ass

but i'm nothing if not optimistic :^)

Korea is triple a and Australia is high a.

stream is fucking dead boys its over

i've been trying to nail down a set of ratios to identify deep playoff contenders, and so far this has been the best pair. hits correlate well, walks alone and strikeouts don't account for shit, and runs basically track with regular season standings (nothing more)...i'm ready to start putting other seasons to a test but i'm hoping someone smarter than i am can help me determine why bases and extra bases explain 2017's playoff results so well

I love you're posts

ty bb

What exactly are bases and extra bases on the X and Y axis?

bases being TB plus walks and HBP, extra bases being TB minus hits...the axes are standard deviation scores based on the league (hence the zero/zero center) and the values are team batting vs. team pitching allowed

Does he finish last im MLB this year in terms of batting stats or does he get slighlty better?

Pujols will do worse

Alright /mlb/, post your walk-up song.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEPqtb-ekc

youtu.be/4B6E0mijV5A?t=1m33s

youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

These low-energy sissy songs wouldn't even pass in the ABL my dearest lads

youtube.com/watch?v=gDb6C88VQG8

Cashner gets 2 year / $16 million deal. Hope it works out.

May I introduce you to chris carter?

I raise you both one Tyler Saladino

His dumb mustache pisses me off

No way Korean league is AAA. It's a Double A tier league AT best.

This. KBO is pretty trash. I'll give the hue AAAA for NPB maybe, maybe, at the very highest level of play. KBO is quite shit, though, and a competent midrange AAA team would demolish any team they've got.
All-stars vs all-stars would be no contest. AA would take it by double digits.

Its okay, he lost it along with all his power and contact.

B A S E B A L L

WOW!!!

Baseball and prayer brother

I don't think they're causal, they're probably linked pretty heavily by slugging and more general offensive performance. Basically tells us what we already knew, that home runs and doubles are better than singles and walks right? I certainly didn't expect it to be that close to actual results though.

Adam Lanza had so much potential RIP :'(

>Reports are being submitted that Parkland, Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz was a rabid Chicago Cubs fan

yikes

source?

FACT: In 1961, Roger Maris hit 61 homers
FACT: No one has ever hit more than 61 with cheating
FACT: 61 is the real home run record

I guess South Dakota got an expansion team?

I have noticed a sharp decline in cusb shitposting the last few days

>gary sanchez wins golden glove in 2017 and 2018 in my RTTS

Gary Sanchez is rated 3.5 in framing runs, -2.6 in blocking runs, and 2.2 in throwing runs for a total of 3.1, with 2 DRS in 2017. His "bad defense" is way overstated on here. Particularly by one retarded Astros fan here who only watched the playoffs.

What’s the best portable radio? Just got a job that involves a lot of sitting around, so I want to listen to some games

unironically youtube.com/watch?v=tQUz1c4trBw

Honestly it's a shame that Gary Sanchez doens't use this music

*doesn't

>Astros fan who only watched the playoffs
That describes 90% of Astros fans

Most delusional 2018 off season fanbase.
Angels or Mets?

most of the state voted for Rick Perry on a regular basis too. it's a nice state with nice people, but the overall majority is fucking retarded sometimes.

yfw SOLER was the shooter

Texas is consistently the dumbest, most backwards ass state politically in the US.

he choked and fumbled for the stankees in the playoffs so he's obviously the worst defensive catcher of all time

>he choked and fumbled for the stankees in the playoffs
He's my favorite catcher of all time.

>Imagine being this butthurt at the superiority of the Chicago Cubs that you need to make up lies like this.

>108 years

allow me to introduce you to alabama

>Mike Puma Verified account @NYPost_Mets 1h1 hour ago
>Alderson on Tebow: "I think he will play in the major leagues."

>Mike Puma Verified account @NYPost_Mets 1h1 hour ago
>The Tebow experiment has "evolved" into something with greater expectations, says the GM.

Based Teboq will save baseball in our lifetime, bros

@TBTimes_Rays
More #Rays news: Cash says they’ll go with a 4-man rotation into mid May, Andriese goes to bullpen to work into a multi inning role. Couple times they need a 5th starter will fill in with a reliever.

Reminder the Dads will be a wild card team this season

>LAD: Dodgers make Chase Utley contract official

WHO /OLD/ HERE

tfw you can't afford a full rotation

>108 years

Any chance of the Braves making the playoffs, or at least finishing over .500?

give me 1 reason why the phillies arent winning the nl east

Marlins.

Brew Crew

>i've been trying to nail down a set of ratios to identify deep playoff contenders
im willing to bet that if you did a ratio of playoff games won to playoff games lost it would show you what youre looking for
i think anything over a value of 1 would be pretty good

I'm an outsider to the sport. Wondering - is their a strategic component to purposefully pitching a ball that results in a "ball", as a psychological game, or do most aim to get a strike every time?

if you throw a ball that is close to the strike zone you may fool the hitter into swinging at it
typically though a ball is either an attempt at hitting the edge of the strike zone or a mistake
pitchers wont usually throw a blatant ball just to mess with the batter

>I too am cold, it snowed yesterday and there's no goddamn baseball.
Have you tried reading the LOTR trilogy or at least watching the films?

Jimmy "ow my shoulder!" Nelson

If you're ahead in the count, like 0-2, you can purposefully throw a ball out of the zone to fool the hitter.
Sometimes pitchers throw fastballs well above the zone on purpose, hitters can have trouble laying off these especially if there are already two strikes. If you're not ahead in the count, you usually wouldn't try to throw the ball out of the zone though.

I'm sure that when Tim Tebow is called up to the majors in September of 2020, a 35 year old, sanctimonious, noodle armed, virgin rookie strike out machine will be just the missing piece that the Mets need to finally vault them in to 4th place in the NL East.

Thanks guys

What gives?

The Los Angeles Dodgers 2018 season will end with a ____ on the last day of their season?

orgy

who are you quoting?

Yeonis "Ow my hamstring" Cespedes

>who are you quoting?
Your Mom.

Alfonso "accidentally hustled in the outfield" Soriano

Yu "Here's what's coming" Darvish

good one user! its so good you actually greentext'd correctly! give yourself a pat on the back

>bitches about "incorrect" greentext.
>makes at least 7 grammatical errors in one short post.

win versus the Giants

the level of damage control is unreal. look, i know its embarrassing that you didnt quote anyone while using a feature designed for quoting, but you dont need to be so autistic as to count grammatical errors on an anime forum. i could easily do the same for you

I'm not even that other guy. Glass houses, dude.

Rangers are the boss of this gym.

>Glass houses
you do realize that correct/incorrect usage of greentext isnt correspondent to correct/incorrect grammar, right?

>capitalizes "Glass" in greentext quote

what did jon heyman mean by this

thats because i quoted you, you dense fuck.
if you have the 4chanx extension, when you highlight what someone says and then click the post number to reply, it automatically copies and pastes it. its probably like that with other extensions but i cant comfirm/deny that. glad you ignored the point that was made though, good job user!

everyone loves an underdog, who would cheer for the Astros outside of the greater Houston area? the rags are just lovable losers

>he has the the 4chanx extension
laughingbitches.jpg

Sox going for Corey Dickerson?

o great user, please grace upon me the patricians choice of Cred Forums extensions

he meant to say "the dodgers will be the most overrated team 2 years in a row"

Will the Padres win the world series in the Eric Hosmer era?

Probably not, but they'll be better than the Mets. So, there's that.

Hosmer/Tatis Jr for co-MVPs

james shields

many breaking balls are aimed to look as if they will be in the zone, but will curve and by the time it reaches the plate will be well out of the zone. this is to try and trick the batter into swinging at a difficult to hit pitch

Turner is legit MVP candidate and Uribe was good.

angels just signed chris carter and chris young.

So to be clear, the idea is that the batter attempts to bat it while it's in the zone? If he bats while it's out of the zone, it's not a strike, right?

I'm not a fan of the obnoxious fetishized mest bashing on here but this was funny last time and it's funny this time too

not if the batter swings at it

>james shields
Pothead

no matter how poorly thrown the ball was, in or out of the strike zone, if the batter swings and misses it's a strike

also, a batter can hit balls out of the strike zone

what team would u legitimately be embarrased 2 be a fan of mlb?

mariners

what team drafts seth beer?

Is it the Brewers?

It's the only thing they can draft well.

but you did make it up
Farid Yu Darvishsefat signed for 126 million

*tips caps*

youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q

Leave the AL East to us.

Montreal Rays fucking when

>It's the only thing they can draft well.
Hehe. Funniest thing I’ve read here in weeks.

at this point, the Montreal Marlins seems more likely

>Leave the AL East to us.
Muh rings

really got us there

ooo i like the new collage. is this its debut?

Who can stop the Yakees?

why not move both teams to Canada?

we can trade you the Jays

*destroy the yaks hopes and dreams*

the yankees are worse than the padres

just burned myself on that take

yikes

HEY GUY, I JUST HAD SEX WITH A WOHMAHN

>Healy hurt
>Erasmo hurt
>Spring training hasn't even begun yet

yes it was done bout two generals ago

pathetic

Does Charlie Morton have autism?

We

Us

Our

What is the student of the game meme? Did someone die?

bad clubhouse issues. completely dysfunctional, hate to be around each other. cant even be happy with a 93 win division-winning season. pedroia is allergic to leadership. mookie betts is already washed up and hes like 12 years old. and this is the team that is supposed to stop the Yankees?

pathetic

What’s Anthony Recker’s shape? Describe it.

A Circle

James Shields lol

>A Circle
Why a circle?

Soriano isn't dead dude

>117 games
>.307 avg
>.403 obp
>.989 ops
>28 hr
>not an all-star
>no gold glove
>no silver slugger

Why is he nº 14 on MLB's top 100? He is ahead of players that accomplished so much more than him.
Is it something you have to watch his games to know, does he bat with his dick or something like that?

Now that Daytona 500 passed, TIME TO FOCUS IN FUCKING BASEDBALL

He's a 2x all star and a solid player.

>.989 ops
but thats really good user

what the fuck is MLB's top 100?

And how is a .989 OPS bad?

He'd have played a full season if he hadn't broken his wrist.

Do you watch race cars?

I'm a Nats fan and I see Freddie play 20+ games a year. He's really fucking good. He was injured last year, that's why he didn't make the All Star team.

Comfy season coming up, even if the Tigers only win 40 games.

Those are really good stats for 117 games.

He's been an all star a few times.

It's dark, I'm cold and there's no baseball.

I'm not saying he is not a solid player, but to be nº14 he was ranked above players with much more than than that

Yes, it is really good for the season, but that OPS alone shouldn't boost him so higher up. You compare it to guys bellow him, and you'll see there's other guys who have similar OPS and more.

But you can't project, he was injured and there are guys who didn't get injured and did more than him. It is only fair to recognize guys who actually played, not guys you think would do better than the others if they had.

Yeah, but he is number fourteen of ALL players, there's a bunch of guys who have been all stars a few times.

>any of those numbers
>bad
He didnt get any awards because of his injury. Freeman is great

>Now that Daytona 500 passed, TIME TO FOCUS IN FUCKING BASEDBALL
What’s the Daytona 500?

>It's dark, I'm cold and there's no baseball.
Have you tried reading the LOTR trilogy or at least watching the films?

Been reading up on Jose Fernandez's life outside of baseball. Did any of you guys know that he liked to flip boats as a hobby?

:(

Did you know that Roy Halladay was a small plane enthusiast?

He seemed to really enjoyed cocaine.

ffs he is above charlie blackmon

>159 games
>.331 avg
>.399 obp
>1.000 ops
>all-star
>silver slugger
>batting champion

This ranking have to be about last year, otherwise where the fuck is Pujols?
I'm not saying his numbers are bad, but they placed him at #14... what the actual fuck

Try posting a Soriano

coors babby

>coors babby
I eat babby.

>tfw the dream has been completed

>159 games
>.304 avg
>.350 obp
>all-star
>gold glove

lmao just noticed this, they snubbed this CF out of a top 100 where LF Andrew Benintend is #78

god dammit, Friedmann wasn't even the biggest fucking up this rank did regarding the braves franchise. what a complete shit

the biggest atrocity is that kyle schwarber is somehow at 95

Why is the letter s fucked up?

its not an s

on my planet

it means hope

nice reddit spacing gay guy

>its not an s
>on my planet
>it means hope
Awesome.

Yeah, i always liked cars since i was little, watch cars race came after it

I like racing just i like Baseball

Google is your friend

i like baseball and racing beacuse anyone can play and anything can happen until the last part of the game

what /mlb/ have to say about Mike Moustakas?

he is going to Swallows this year and i dont have seen much of him yet

i forget his pic

>he is going to Swallows this year
what?

hes going to swallow large amounts of semen

So he's signing with the Cubs then?

No, he going for Tokyo Yakult Swallows (a Nippon Pro Baseball team) this year

Contreras > Pina
Rizzo > Braun
Baez < Sogard/Villar
Russell < Arcia
Bryant > Shaw
Schwarbage < Santana
Almora < Cain
Heyward < Yelich

brewers win 5-3

Chris Carter to the Angels. Are they a top 2 offense now?

Yes. Only the Mets are better.

I could see the Cubes missing the playoffs. That lineup sucks.

>Baez < Sogard/Villar
>Russell < Arcia
>Almora < Cain

>Russell < Arcia
>Bryant > Shaw
>Schwarbage < Santana
>Almora < Cain

Which one of those is controversial? Maybe Russell = Arcia is fairer. The other three are not really close.

Tell me how Almora is a better hitter than Cain.

i dont think so

>Padres sign Eric Hosmer to 20 years and 500 million dollars.

What the fuck is happening in that map? Colorado is a fan of the Royals and Montana and Idaho are Rockies fans?

Oh this just hitting and not total ability?
Then let me update the list.
>Baez < Sogard/Villar
>Russell < Arcia
>Almora < Cain
>Schwarber < Santana

>south dakota cubs

>Padres sign Eric Hosmer for the rest of his life and the first born of every roster member

Spring training soon.

If you were to go on a date with Anthony Recker what would you want to do during and after?

A trip to boystown. The rest will happen naturally

someone told me that he was going

hit up the bath house on Fullerton by the L with him, neither will regret it

someone lied to you my asian baseball friend

"I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." -Sandy Koufax

Who would lie to Asian Baseball Guy? How mean :-(

>A trip to boystown. The rest will happen naturally
What’s “the rest”? And why do you assume Recker is gay?

Is that the worst map in history?

This is what happens when you put 'general' into the title of the thread.

>hit up the bath house on Fullerton by the L with him, neither will regret it
What makes you think Recker is gay? He’s not.

>Who would lie to Asian Baseball Guy? How mean :-(
Asian Baseball Guy is the best poster on /mlb/.

Noah Syndergaard

>Noah Syndergaard
Mest. Why is he yellow skinned?

When did he become a nazi?

fixed

There is a slim chance that through the efforts of Ender Inciarte and Freddie Freeman alone, the Braves will finish with 82 wins

Glad the only guy there we kept was Perez at the end of the day.

Are Kolaches an acceptable food to bring to a home opener?

what what you changed?

hes the new chipper

i noticed that you removed Under Armor logo

those unis was from 2014, they dont even use it anymore, they are using Mizuno unis and Mizuno tend to not use marketing logos on it

Kia Tigers vs >drags
ST game

youtu.be/MRD5g8f8S_A

>Are Kolaches an acceptable food to bring to a home opener?
Yes. Much better than the garbage other people have.

strawpoll.me/15104017

this is a good thing then

baseball uniforms need to look like jerseys, not like this.

i noticed the reference but they use small logos on unis, but isnt blatant ugly, mostly are only the corporatie companies that owns the the team or only associated sponsors

isnt like slav leagues wheres they fill uni untill they dont have a spot to put anymore

Pretty much the worst year ever to be a free agent 3B. Whatever his asking price was it spurred the two teams who absolutely had to add an outside 3B [SF and LAA] to go get somebody else. Even a lot of rebuilding teams have a guy who is probably better than him or close enough to use the money on something else.

this team will win the World Series this year

What team? All I see is a blank image

wow um racist bigot please leave

No it's ogre for the injuns. Sorry m8.

This picture gives me a strong mix of keks and feels. I'm so glad I started getting into the royals when these guys started playing and then all the way to the eries. Gonna be lean times again, but God damn it was amazing.

If Tebow is still in the minors in 2020, do you see him being part of the olympic team?

tikis alive?

cool. not sure i entirely get it, but one day i may.
ooooooh, that's really interesting. thanks.

another thing, on most baseball games i've played there's a button were (as a batter) you don't swing, but instead hold the bat still. generally if you hit it this way the ball doesn't go far but it kind of catches the pitcher by surprise and you can generally make it to first base. is this movement an invention of videogames or does it have an use and name in real life?

Bunting, it's considered a safe way to move a runner up a base, but can also be used by really fast runners like Ichiro to get an easy single without having to hit the ball through the infield.

youtube.com/watch?v=jJjr495fxkY

its called a bunt, and isnt much used on MLB but some places like Asia is still used

Um isn't that supposed to be an out since the bunter was gotten ahead of by the runner?

Ichiro is the living proof that the asian school is the best in bunts

related webm about asian bunt school

it had beat in his foot so he recived a automatic base, the third got home as wild pitch

Oh I thought he bunted it. Now I think I see it didn't actually make contact.

I kind of expect a bunting revolution in MLB as a method to counter infield shifting. It's just there are so many lugs that cannot bunt.

cool! thanks. how does this play into the "if you swing at the ball and miss it, it's a strike, even if the ball is out of the strike zone" dynamic?, does it count as swinging the bat too?

yes if you are full position, if you leave the bat out the way and will be in ball zone it will be a ball

If you keep the bat out like that yeah. Also if you foul off a ball while bunting with two strikes, it's an out.

dont worry about bunting
there are only 3 outcomes you need to be concerned with
dingers
walks
strikeouts
anything else is a waste of time

Never has a name been more appropriate

Adam Dunn was no student of the game but I still respect him unlike Soriano

>dont worry about bunting

i disagree with you, bunt is inportant part of our sport, inumerous games has been definted via butting

based

youtube.com/watch?v=TQx2u_qB8BY

>don't worry about bunting

>rags

cbssports.com/mlb/news/rangers-reported-deal-with-seung-hwan-oh-called-off-due-to-mri-concerns/

if the Indians win the WS right after they remove Wahoo from the organization will it be referred to as the wahoo curse?

yes
winning is a curse for the indians

Hi Lawrence guy.

hows witchita?

Position players report today.

Where do you guys watch games? I live in Japan now, so NPL is covered, but is MLB TV a good service for American games?

>not guerrero jr

not even close

>but is MLB TV a good service for American games?
yes

It's pretty good, they air a lot more games than NBATV, NFL Network, and NHL Network.

Blackmon literally hits like 50 points worse when he's not at Coors.

Is the sub worth it? I don't have a VPN, so I was just gonna use MLB TV ps4

How much is it? I bought it in a package but I don't know how much for the individual network.

I use MLB.tv to watch Cubs games because I moved to another state

It's worth it to me.

I don't see why you would need a VPN.

Are you talking about MLB Network in your cable package or MLB.tv? They're entirely different things.

Cable package, don't have mlb.tv

probably just a mental block

So I wasn't posting when the Hosmer trade went through, but are Royals fans going to be salty towards >us like the White Sox have been for the deal that gifted them Big Game James?

You know what that means its time for.

How is Bautista overrated when he hasn't signed with a team? And the only person who overrated Russell was mo'Lester last offseason when he was incessantly sucking his dick.

Does anyone have the picture of the Mariners Moose at the end of 2016 when they were eliminated?

ABG knows what he's talking about.

>hosmer
What did they mean by this?

The curve

Weekly reminder that the Barves will win the Eries

Probably this

>The curve
Is this a Reckerpost?

>MFW I see the contract the Tijuana Dads gave to Hosmeme

It's like they enjoy getting annihilated by the Dodgers every year.

Btw I recommend you get DaNZ for NPB they will broadcast most of league and only home Jap Gints games won't be Broadcasted

About MLB.Tv you don't require VPN to watch, besides I think that DaZN will stream some games in JP as well (including JP players games)

MLB NEW RULES BOIS

Made some stencils anons. Feel free to use and abuse them.

Btw it's me or this crossup rule is a useless rules since they will have to do it as much they wants?

It's been years since anyone has rated Matt Kemp

those both work great for dodgers fans
left for regular season, right for post season

Not my intention, but I'm a Dads fan, so I love that take.

Poor Dave Cameron

At least he can take comfort they didn’t lure Soriano out of retirement with a big money contract in an attempt to mold him into a student of the game.

4d chess?

Cubs are winning the pennant this year. Screen cap this.

>More shit for Wojack the russian loser
Fuck off

willson contreras is going to love these rules..

they shouldnt let the batter leave the box
they honestly need to impose shit against the batters for adjusting gloves, helmet, rubbing out a nut, etc

>Mound Visit limit
>No pitch clock
League has it out for the Cubs and Wily.

It's a loop hole that allows a pitcher and catcher to unfuck their communication even if they no longer have any mound visits, so they aren't at a disadvantage that could cost them the game if the pitcher and catcher aren't on the same wavelength and it leads to a meatball or wild pitch. But it's entirely at the mercy of the umpire. So if it's clear the catcher just wants to call a cross-up meeting to buy the pitcher time or to mess with the batter's rhythm, the ump will deny the request.
My question is does a manager coming out to talk with the pitcher before pulling him for another pitcher constitute as a mound visit. It sure sounds like it and it's going to make pitchers mad because they won't even be able to make a case with the manager or pitching coach to stay in the game.

You spelled it wrong, but it's okay. Boring as usual.

Since when has Wojack been Russian?

Since Ivan took over Krautchan.

Nats

Yeah a big stick helps- Wait a minute, is that a Cub?

That was 2017.

2018 is a new year, user!

You're right, Harper is signing with the Cubs after this season is over.
Happy New Years fag.

I though lincecum's pelvis was jello how's he gonna play even if he wants to

Dunno what joy people get out of rudeposting

To each their own I guess!

>Dunno what joy people get out of rudeposting
WhereDoYouThinkYouAre.jpeg?
Also, you must get or reply to doubles if you want to post bateman.

>He thinks there are rules

Why don't we post about Mike Trout more?

>Harper is signing with the Cubs
I don't think he's opposed to it, but I wonder how realistic carrying Harper, Heyward, and a Bryant extension is.

>even if they no longer have any mound visits
Is that a Reckerpost?

MLB imposes rule limiting mound visits to 6 per game:

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22502471/mlb-imposes-rule-limiting-mound-visits-6-per-game-decides-pitch-clock

you know you could write 5 entire threads worth of trying to sound knowledgeable and you'd still be a faggot that showed up during the playoffs right

Maybe something similar to the QB headset in the NFL could be implemented for catchers.

its not realistic, especially if you factor in that they just committed 126 mil to "poo" darvish
no one's going to enforce this

The batter can hear that shit, genius.

>its not realistic
I just posing the question, I'm not very definitive about it. I don't know how willing the club is to pay the luxury tax. You just look at some of the arbitration situations they have with Bryant, Hendricks, Russell. Rizzo and Quintana seeing salary jumps and Heyward being unmovable, the luxury tax looks like the only way to get a Harper.

twitter.com/RaysBaseball/status/965664525176528896

:thinking:

who plays third for the Jays in 2019? Because it won't be Donaldson

I'd say thanks for the (you), but you're Canadian, so it's worth less than American (you).

People make it sound like there's a hard salary cap that the Cubs can't overcome to get Harper. The Cubs signing Harper should be looked at not only as an acquisition to improve the team, but a business one as well by looking at how much revenue Harper would bring to the Cubs' franchise via the inevitable increase of ticket prices, merchandise, and other draws. (It's not like revenue sharing takes everything a team makes, it's only 31%.) And it's not like the Cubs fanbase wouldn't open their wallets for Harper since one of the most asked questions at this year's Cubs Convention was inquiring about Harper coming to the Cubs, with nuggets like this.
twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/status/952201643906527232

I'd like to see Harper on the Cubs, but it's going to depend first on the Heyward situation, and if and how much of a discount Byrant can have Harper take to go ring hunting with him. And this assumes another team doesn't offer Harper a king's bounty that he can't resist.

Diaz and Solarte will be under contract. Seems like the most logical bridge to one of their prospects.

>People make it sound like there's a hard salary cap that the Cubs can't overcome to get Harper.
My post didn't do that at all. It questioned whether they would be willing to pay the luxury tax because that would be required in order to add a player like Harper, even with the luxury tax threshold increasing.

>we gettin ohtani
>we gettin cobb
>we gettin harper
>we getting another ring
>r u jealous

>it's going to depend first on the Heyward situation
There really isn't a Heyward situation. He's not going to opt-out after 2018 and he probably isn't going to opt-out after 2019 [if he even gets enough PA to trigger it]. I can't imagine anyone is going to trade for him and I think there are only two seasons on his contract where he doesn't have a full no-trade.

Heyman and Dreilich are saying that JD Martinez and the sawks are nearing a deal

Rockies miss the boat.

I have no idea why people are rude to each other on here. baffles me

How scared are Stank fags now?

>JD "I've only ever played more than 130 games in a season once" Martinez
>JD "I know I'm an egregious defender, but I refuse to DH" Martinez
>JD "Most of my 2017 success was due to the altitude at Chase Field" Martinez
>JD "I know I'm in my 30's and will only be effective as a DH, but I want $200 million" Martinez

The Jays dont deserve Solarte. That man should be a Yankee again.

Which bought me to the second part of if Harper would bring in enough revenue from increase in ticket sales and merchandise to justify eating the luxury tax. Based on initial fan demand for him, I'd say it's worth the investment if Harper doesn't demand a bank breaking contract.

The fact Heyward's contract includes two separate opt outs always struck me as odd, but with how he's playing, and the trigger for the second opt out, it's extremely likely he won't use either. As for trading, the window is going to be the upcoming season and next where he has a partial no-trade clause, but then the window shuts because of 10/5 no-trade rights as per rules by the CBA. You never know if the Cubs can put together a deal that Heyward finds acceptable. (Then again, they spent the entire off season using Russell as trade bait and nothing came out of it.) But we also have to look at it if Harper does sign with the Cubs and Heyward is still around. Obviously it won't be as a bloated outfield like certain other teams have. But there are going to be musical chairs. Is Harper full time right fielder and Heyward gets moved to center, or do Harper and Heyward rotate between right and center while Almora and Schwarber share left field with Almora being a back up for center. And that doesn't even include if Happ and Zobrist are brought in as back ups from the in field. It's all hypothetical at this point though. But, it's something to talk about before tickets open up to the tomorrow and spring training starts on Friday.

Why? The Yankees traded him, the Padres extended him, and the Yankees didn't make an effort to reacquire him when they moved Chase Headley. If they had any interest in him they would have went after him.

>if Harper would bring in enough revenue from increase in ticket sales and merchandise
I don't know how much an individual player really factors into things. I imagine the Cubs have been getting high attendance for a number of years, even going back to the Derek Lee/Aramis Ramirez days.
>if Harper doesn't demand a bank breaking contract.
I think the floor on a Harper contract is a total guarantee greater than Stanton over fewer years. A more realistic ceiling is either $400M total or a $40M AAV, possibly both.
>it's extremely likely he won't use either
Just tally up how much of the contract he would be leaving on the table if he opts out and decide how realistic it is that he beats it on the open market. If he opted out after 2019 he would be forfeiting $86M over 4 years as a 30 year old free agent. I'm not sure he could do enough over the next two seasons to make anyone feel comfortable beating that.

I agree. I dont think the yankees handled Solarte properly at all. The Jays still dont deserve him.

>I don't think the yankees handled Solarte properly at all.
It's sort of an after-the-fact assessment. The guy they traded him for, Headley, had been a quality player who certainly had a superior defensive track record to Solarte at the time of the trade. Hindsight is 20/20 and you don't really know that Solarte is going to spend the next few years basically being what Chase Headley was.

>JD MARTINEZ TO RED SOX FOR 5 YEARS

twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/965714796288073729
>J.D. Martinez’s deal is $110 million over 5 years, sources say. Contract is front-loaded prior to opt-out.

bryce harper will be a dodger, why do you think theyve been so quiet this offseason? they'll be due to make a splash

They increased ticket prices pretty steadily since starting their NLCS run, it's nothing like the 20% jump in 2016, but it's still on the rise (unless you're in the bleachers.) The issue is keeping those seats filled at the higher prices, which is why you have draws like Harper to add on the current pile of stars. As for the opt out, unless Heyward unfucks his batting and goes on a MVP tear, the odds of him leaving for because he's certain another team will offer him better pay is questionable. Especially with how loaded next years FA class is. Which also might explain why he had the second opt out.

Last big FA signing before spring training?

>why do you think theyve been so quiet this offseason?
Because they will need to pay Kershaw $40,000,000 a year to choke in the playoffs?

Heyward's second opt-out would see him paid ~53% of his contract's total value [including the deferred signing bonus which is paid in full if he opts out] after finishing 50% of its term length. It doesn't have to do with who else is a free agent or not.

Most residents of the state would rather wear a hat with a T on it than an H

Since the current front office was hired, the Dodgers haven't really been huge spenders in the market. A lot of the larger contracts were inherited.

Thank you master of obvious, that why he has the second one, since the first opt out puts him smack dab in the middle of the 2018 class, which is what people were talking about when he originally signed in 2015.

It has nothing to do with the timing of free agent classes. The first opt-out would allow Heyward to be a free agent when he was 29 years old. The second would allow him to be a free agent after having received a slight majority of his contract's total value. It has nothing to do with his free agent competition.

me again. what's the dynamic when an inning ends? is the next one expected to begin quickly, or is there some sort of decently big pause? do coaches often change players at this time?

There's a 3-4 minute break between innings.

>JD Martinez signed
>Eduardo Nunez signed
>Eric Hosmer signed
>Todd Frazier signed
>Chris Carter signed
>CJ Cron traded
>Shohei Otani signed
>Alex Avila signed
>Carlos Santana signed
>Jay Bruce signed
>Yonder Alonso signed
>Howie Kendrick signed

It must really suck to be Logan Morrison and Mike Moustakas right now. You know Moose was preparing for $100m+ and now he will have to settle for a 1-2 year deal on the cheap side.

Morrison was probably hoping for a 3-4 year deal and now he'll also need to take 1-2 years cheap.

>You know Moose was preparing for $100m+
I'm surprised he and his representation didn't see it coming. Very few teams needed a 3B to begin with and there were rumbling that multiple guys could be on the trading block. You add in that he's the only guy who has draft pick compensation attached to him and it's easy to see how he ended up here.

>It has nothing to do with the timing of free agent classes.
It's extremely likely it does, people were talking about how loaded the post-2018 FA class would be when Heyward first signed with the Cubs back in 2015. You can't say with any level of certainty that the timing was not the reason he decide to have 2 opt out windows.

3-4 minute break between each half inning to allow the fielding team and pitcher to warm up before play resumes. Also a Manager can substitute players at any time during the game.

>Dbacks act quickly, signing jarrod dyson to two-year deal. He gives them a cf next year should pollock leave.
looks like the dbags got JD!

Heyward won't opt out if the market won't sign him to a bigger deal than the remaining guaranteed money. His deal could've paid him 90% in the first half and that wouldn't have made a difference.

>It's extremely likely it does
It isn't. I already explained why his opt-outs are when they are. If you don't want to accept that because you've got a narrative you're wedded to, that's your business. There is zero certainty as to who is going to be a free agent in x number of years. Altuve and Trout were supposed to be free agents this year, but they signed extensions.

>dads have 2 above average position players and they are both 1B

I'm not saying that he would opt-out. Follow the conversation. I'm pointing out why Heyward's opt-outs are placed where they are in his contract.

>one of Jason Heyward's first purchases upon signing his contract was to pay for a full season's hotel fees for David Ross's wife

Top remaining free agents, lads:

1. Jake Arrieta (lol "cy young")
2. Mike Moustakas (lol inconsistent)
3. Lance Lynn (lol ligament)
4. Alex Cobb (lol "good")
5. Logan Morrison (lol dingers)
6. Jonathan Lucroy (lol old)
7. Greg Holland (lol tired, saves)
8. Carlos Gomez (lol strikeouts)
9. Neil Walker (lol below average)
10. Carlos Gonzalez (lol old)

Other guys waiting are Lucas Duda (30 hr, .217 avg), Jon Jay (.296 avg, .374 obp), and Jarrod Dyson (28 sb, defense).

Are the Dodgers really going into 2018 with Kenta Maeda as their #2?

>DIAMONDBACKS TO SIGN JARROD DYSON

NOT A DRILL GUYS, THEY FOUND A REPLACEMENT FOR JD

>A lot of the larger contracts were inherited.
They were inherited from the same regime, i.e. the Jewgenheim Group, who pulled the strings on the Ethier contract and the Punto trade.

your list is already outdated

Right, but that was under Ned Colletti. It stands to reason that the change was motivated by something. If you want to infer further and examine the contractual side of things after that front office shuffle, you can draw your own conclusions.

You explain what he'd get out of each opt out, but not why they are there for those particular years. Hence, your certainty creates a major flaw in your logic. Especially when next years FA class is so loaded, it doesn't matter if certain players sign extensions, the field is just that large. Why do you think FA has been in a deep freeze this year? Because everyone is preparing their payrolls for the rat race of next year. Everything is not as insular as you think.

Why must you fib like this? Heyward paid to upgrade all of Ross's hotel rooms to suites because Ross mentored Heyward in his rookie year in Atlanta.

You scumbags need to shut the fuck up with making fun of the Padres. We're a good fucking team and we'll be bending you all over easy in a fucking year. Our roster is made up of bona fide (future) all stars.

Eric Hosmer is a fucking natural hitter with untapped power potential. He's putting up 5 war this year EASILY

Freddy Galvis? is a fucking 3 war shortstop ON DEFENSE ALONE

Spangenberg is a clean motherfucker just like Hosmer and has been waiting to break out for years AND THIS IS FUCKING IT

Headly is the 3b veteran leader we fucking need. He knows San Diego. He breathes San Diego. He is San Diego.

Our outfield is fucking scary man.

Wil Myers? Power hitting LF. 5 war, easy.
Manny Margot? 30/30/30 this year. 6 war, easy.
Hunter Renfroe? 40 home runs this year. 5 war, easy.

Austin Hedges is the best defender at cathchere IN ALL BASEBALL. His bat will come up this year. 4 war EASYYY.

Our bullpen? San Diego historically has a great bullpen.

Our rotation? Sure there are some questions, but we have reliable veterans like Richard who will lead young studs like Limet and Perdomo while Colin Rea comes back and Mackenzie Gore gets called up to win ROTY and finish rd in cy young voting .

So you faggots heard it here first. Padres are winning 93+ games this year in the base division in all baseball.

>but not why they are there for those particular years
Man, you are fucking retarded. The first one is because he would still hit the market at 29 years old. That's why it is that year, moron. That was already covered. The second was because he would receive the majority of the contract's total value if he opted out.

You are a fucking imbecile. You are wrong. Stop replying.

>Under Armour contract with MLB starts 2019

That hideous logo is going to besmirch baseball uniforms league wide next year

Fucking irritating

See you in October when the padres finish near the bottom of the division

That was under Friedman. Jewgenheim group gave out a bunch of shitty contracts and made possibly the worst trade ever to drum up short-term fan support and possibly cost the Dodgers 2017 WS.

depends on factors

Barves got Moylan back for the pen and have good potential in that department.

It's mainly going to be if the Rotation and bullpen can actually keep leads and help the Braves stay in contention for games.

Shit like Johnson blowing 13+ games and Tehran not being consistent (along with other starters) didn't help matters last season. It could be a division winning team or an under.500 team again. I just don't know.

while you make some ok arguments, I'm not about to listen to a 12 year old that spells catcher as "cathchere"

The Punto trade and Ethier were Friedman? The 2012 Dodgers list Ned Colletti as the GM at B-REF. The 2013 Dodgers also have Ned Colletti listed as the GM, which is when I believe Andre Ethier's recently expired contract term began. Is B-REF wrong or are you?

My bad I meant Stan Kasten.

basically when Jewgenheim took over and signed Stan Kasten to be the club president everyone knew Colletti was a lame duck and Kasten was making all the moves.

And then they made a change in the front office which coincided with a change in the types of contracts they were giving out. If you don't want to draw any inferences from that, okay.

Okay, I wasn't aware of that perception. I was under the impression that Colletti was basically assigned a general budget and free to use it how he wanted.

Zachary Abate

@zabate
10m10 minutes ago
More
My dumb predictions for the some remaining #MLB free agents:

Jake Arrieta -> Brewers
Alex Cobb -> Twins
Lance Lynn -> Rangers
Carlos Gomez -> Royals
Logan Morrison -> Mariners
Mike Moustakas -> Braves
Jonathan Lucroy -> Nationals
Greg Holland -> Cardinals
Neil Walker -> Yankees

Thoughts?

I'll be so pissed if >we sign Arrieta. He's classically regressed over the last two years. 2015 was a fluke

thanks!

I can't see Moustakas going to the Braves. They have Camargo already and Austin Riley in the upper minors. Maybe if the contract is under the 1st round pick threshold (50 million) with an opt out. I don't think they are going to drop a long-term, expensive commitment on a guy they can't move to 1B and requires them to cut bait with one of Swanson or Camargo as a present and near-term major league player.

im gonna go with my halos cuz japanboi.

padres should sign moose to play 3B tbqh, then move headley around as a utility guy/ veteran leader

or the yanks should just go for it this year and sign moose to play 3B and have gleyber torres playing 2B to start the season, if they don't want to rely on some scrub like neil walker

maybe even the cardinals can sign moose if its just for a year or two

moustakas for one year to the whos seems plausible
they can use him as a DH

Cobb is going to the yanks

I don't think Moose will sign a straight one year deal. If he can't a long-term deal at least in the ballpark to what he was hoping for, he will try for something like the Cespedes or Wieters contracts.

Bruh you ever been to the bay, it’s like how LA is with hispanics that’s how the bay is with Asians.

muh salary cap

Cobb is too much money, and so is any other available starter

best bang for their buck right now is Moustakas, he can't be worth much right now, or even Morrison might be a cheaper alternative for the Yankees

their depth chart shows this:
C - Sanchez
1B - Bird/Austin
2B - Torreyes
SS - Gregorius
3B - Andujar
LF - Gardner/Frazier
CF - Hicks/Ellsbury
RF - Judge
DH - Stanton

For all the attention they're getting, there's nothing scary about Bird or Austin, Torreyes, Andujar, and their LF and CF is unreliable to produce at a high level this year

getting a Moustakas/Morrison type for power at Yankee Stadium would help right away, plus having Torres replace nobodies like Torreyes and Andujar would help

on top of it all, they stay under the salary cap (which is why Morrison makes even more sense)

maybe they sign Moustakas if they somehow trade Ellsbury, but they're competing with the Dodgers in trying to get rid of old shitty $$ outfielders

Calm down, no reason to resort to name calling even if you're upset with the reality of things. The fact remains is there are two opt out in the contract and it was clearly demanded by Heywards camp because of how awkwardly the 2nd one is done and the 2018 FA field most probably played a a roll in the choices.

I honestly thought Moustakas was going to end up with the Angels until they signed Cozart and told him to move his ass to third

Brett Gardner has been producing at a high level for years and did so in 2017. They aren't going to block Bird.

The free agent landscape years in advance didn't play a role. It's already been explained to you why those years were chosen.

How many consecutive years have the Stankees gone over the luxury ax?

He made a lot of sense as a left-handed power hitter for them. I don't know what he asked for, but I can take a guess he wanted more money than Pablo Sandoval got. Whatever number it was, it convinced all the teams that really needed a 3B to look elsewhere.

Get in here.

That's like, your opinion man.

The only one working off opinion is you. Players don't make their contractual choices based on potential free agent competition years off.

Prove it.

>lifelong tries to act like he's knows what he's talking about and yet again exposes himself like the retard he is
lmao

No, Alex Wood and Rich Hill are potential 2. Not great but much better than Maeda, if last year is his true form.

Moose will go to the Yankees. 1 or 2 years for 10 /20 mil. Cap this

You've misrepresented a few things.

Torreyes was a tier1 utility man off the bench. he was clutch and hit nearly .300 over +100 games. Bird stays healthy and hes a 30+ home run hitter. His
HR/AB is fucking disgusting. Its a small sample size, but, again, over a full season he could well be a powerhouse. Andujar's production, like any rookie, remains to be seen. But to say there's nothing scary about him is short-sighted, he's shown excellent potential and power hitting. Like the other user said, Brett Gardner has produced. And his last season was one of his best, over 20 homeruns and nearly 100 runs.

You're underselling the Yankee lineup immensely.