Uninspiring athletes

> Born to rich parents/family
> lived entire life in southern California/Lake Tahoe
> Gets to live dream as professional snowboarder
>All of which is backed by her parents/grandparents
> Still a "hero" because she followed her dream and missed her family sometimes...

Why does the media do this? Why can't we just make these people out for what they are? There is nothing inspiring about what she has done...

if you really can't figure out why a brown girl isn't being pushed as a hero in the current year you need to get your brain checked

fpbp

Pretty much all athletes at the winter Olympics have wealthy backgrounds, because only rich people can practice these niche sports. This ain't basketball.

They get sponsorship money galore in order to afford to do it F/T, not all of it is 'rich parents'. Plus she could have been like every other trust fund kid and done nothing with her life except act badly in TMZ articles outside nightclubs.

Plus that's nothing, wait until olympic surfing in next year's olympics if you want to see full media shilling of 'Heroic surfers' who will all be well off strayans and california beach bums.

*2020 Tokyo olympics

No shit OP its because the ratings are the lowest they have ever been and they are desperate to have literally any gold medal winner be something to promote. Then everyone fucking ruins it, drags the flag under their feet, embarasses us by tragically dragging themselves with Trump filth, a 17 year old girl looks great in comparison regardless of if shes amazing storywise.

Amazing that we live in a world were "not being a complete shithead" is a trait of a hero.

There are only four inspiring stories to ever come from the Winter Olympics
1) Jamaican bobsleigh team
2) Eddie the Eagle
3) Miracle on Ice
4) That one Aussie who won gold in speed skating after everyone else crashed

Funnily enough, 3 of those 4 events have already been turned into movies.

The athlete profiles are only there so they can get women to tune in.

Lebron

>only struggled from birth to like age 12 when it doesn't matter at all, not like he was starving poor
>famous as fuck at 13, given free ride to fancy private school, boosters and agents buying him anything he wants and everyone sucking his dick 24/7
>walks into multimillon dollar contract right after high school
>has the nerve to think he's a man of the people and actually knows what its like to be a normal person
>thinks he can speak for the common man when he's just another out of touch rich privileged guy spouting bullshit from his ivory tower

>no 2002 Canadian men's ice hockey team
Shit list

That's a good one to keep in mind.

That's no different than the president yet the right wing media has no problem propping him up as a bastion of individualism.

Unironically this tbqh

thats white in california

SEETHING

>best ice hockey country in the world wins at ice hockey
'No'

>he doesn't rate a redemption story of an entire nation

>muh small loan of a million dollars

thats literally nothing in the new york real estate market, even in the 60's

trumps fortune is unironically self made

>brown
excuse me?
am i blind or my display colors are fucked up?

many American NBA players, if they weren't already sons of former players, went to private prep schools to play basketball

Steph Curry grew up a millionaire

I like to believe that Eddie the Eagle was a true man of the people. Perhaps he wasn't but that thought helps me sleep at night.

>drags the flag under their feet
i don't think shaun did it on purpose but it still pissed me off.

Oh sweetie no

Because she looks like another sweetheart

>no Argentina beating USA Basketball team in 2004
Shit list.

thats my point all NBA players are completely out of touch with normal people yet purport to speak for them, just like hollywood actors

just because they are black doesn't mean they understand life as a pleb, the divide in modern america is based on class and wealth, not race

>a young athlete who is going to bring tons of medals in her career

>fat yank shitting on her in a anime board

why can you just be happy for your fellow burger and shut the fuck up?

no wonder the whole world hates the USA,you retards hate yourselves too

>favourites winning is somehow a heart-warming story because they played like shit for a few matches

>Brazilian literacy

I agree, and those are the same people who will use one example of a "rise from the ashes" story to justify their own bullshit.

She looks mixed. Is she mixed?

>Winter Olympics
>Basketball

It's not a shot on WHAT she has done, it's actually very impressive. But I'm more concerned with the label of "hero" when a vast majority of her own country couldn't even hope to compete due to factors like money and connections.

She should be looked up to as a good athlete and that's it.

The leafposters are out in force tonight lads

basketball should be a winter sport. That's when it's played.

5. Ester Ledecka

BTFO skiers and takes gold on a pair of borrowed skis when she is a snowboarder and has never made a ski podium in her life

Yes, her mother is Asian I do believe...

fuck off, that's like Norway winning at skiing
who the fuck cares thats not inspiring at all

she isn't white. she isn't black. so she's brown

Most winter sports are for rich people

but she looks asianish whitish
how is that brown?

technically no one is white or black. we are all brown.

Stoopid monkey

But on the subject, the USA basketball team mostly consists of reserves because the best players choose to focus on the next NBA season instead. And yet they still win most their matches by at least double the points.

t. Jose

We R Kangs now.

She's a hapa

Ok mutt.

That's brown?

What

Asian is brown now?

Asians can be brown, such as Filipinos, Hawaiians, Polynesians etc.

>rich people are rewarded for being rich
>no, it's really the jews pushing an anti-white race-mixing agenda!

Who is calling her a hero? They aired a piece about her on NBC but I’m pretty sure no one called her a “hero”. They were just talking about her story.

The inspiration for you should be the rich parents so your kids can have a happier and more fulfilling life.

The Ghanaian guy who failed to reach the Olympics in two sports but finally managed with skeleton was a decent story.

>be rich
>uhmmm mommy, I want to do x niche sport
>become a gold medallist because only 2 people compete and the rest are part timers
Wow.

Based Best Friend Pat finally dropped that ginger uggo and got himself a waifu to be proud of. Nice.

Why shouldn't rich people who worked hard for their money grant(or at least try to) their children's dreams?

shes cute

Yeah she is almost cuter than Chloe Kim to me. She also goes tonight so it would be neat if she medaled.

>Chloe Kim
>cute

Also just snowboarding in general. The sport requires next to no discipline.
Like that little homo Red Gerard. People are so shocked he slept in and still won the gold. He's like 120lbs, has never worked out a day in his life, and literally hangs out all day smoking pot and snowboarding.

That really shows something about the "sport"

So I should be inspired by somebody because of the actions of their parents? I guess it's fortunate then that Jaden Smith is my favorite actor...

>the current year of the lord Current Year AD
>be non-white and do something
>"so inspiring"
>get special treatment because of your skin colour which is somehow the antiracist standpoint to do

Do you still wonder why people call these events dude weed lmao sports?

Extremely cute.

You're right, I don't remember the piece but I doubt they specifically said "hero" so I am wrong in that regard. But the point stands that she was made out to be an inspirational figure. But her story would be like me being hailed as the first trillionaire after I inherited 990 billion dollars at birth.

>angry republican projecting

No I said you should be inspired by their parents and stop bitching about rich kids because "they have it easy".

Poorfag mentality is disgusting.

You're mad for no reason. Chill out and let people do what they do

>You should be inspired by their parents
I would love to see a piece about them then. Talking about her is like showing me an expensive car and saying "be inspired by those who can afford this!"

Chloe hands you a thin oreo. What do you say?

>Ok mutt.

prefer thicc

His father already owned all of New York. He literally inherited it. The loan was just to get him into the family business in a "tough love" way.

if you're female, rich and not fat you're not expected to do anything that requires any amount of hard work or commitment. so when it happens it's newsworthy.
if you're a big black guy you better learn how to block and tackle and shut up.

>skeleton

nothing about skeleton is impressive. its literally just riding down ice. same with double luge. zero skill what so ever. if you live near a track and buy a skeleton sled you will be in the olympics if you want.

>women athletes
Kek. One was talking about how she wishes she could Netflix and chill and be a useless slit.
>WELL... WE'RE WAITING!!

>le I haven't achieved anything of note so I'll find ways to demean the achievements of others to justify my own mediocrity

Keep the fight alive brother, we'll execute the proletariat at gunpoint!

Do you really think knowing when to lean or use your foot to lose speed before a turn takes "zero" skill?

You are the worst kind of burger.

>1) Jamaican bobsleigh team

What? They didn't even finish.

I say thank you, then I lean over and lick her fingers

Look at the difference between the Korean and the Ghanaian in this year's skeleton, then claim there is zero skill involved.