Freestyle Women Halfpipe QTfication

Qts on ski doings tricks in the halfpipe

let's go

Other urls found in this thread:

pyeongchang2018.sport.francetvinfo.fr/videos/article/snowboard-big-air-qualification-femmes-2018.html
olympic.org/pyeongchang-2018/results/en/freestyle-skiing/results-ladies-ski-halfpipe-qual-000200-.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=p5hLtADhNOk
youtube.com/watch?v=_XV8UvZKaJk
youtube.com/watch?v=7T02PRIYBZc
pyeongchang2018.sport.francetvinfo.fr/videos/article/ski-acrobatique-ski-halfpipe-qualification-femmes-2018.html
olympic.org/pyeongchang-2018/results/en/cross-country-skiing/athlete-profile-n3098173-german-madrazo.htm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1519053401889.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Laila

first for inevitable crashes

Should I watch this or Snowboard Big Air?

the ski outfits just don't compete with the cute snowboard outfits

Big air, fuck skiing

womens big air is boring as fuck they can't spin more than 1080

halfpipe will be more fun to watch, much better slams

More landings = More possibilities for crashes

>it's another lol acrobatics event
But there's worse tonight, the "big air" where they do ONE trick while the same tricks are performed 6 or 7 times in boogie-woogie pipe and boogie-woogie style. Pathetic.

>eating too many five guys burgers

the women are really shit at this, huh. that canadian girl's run was a joke, she ran completely out of speed halfway through and still scored in the 90's? the fuck

>don't fall in love with me kid

>skiing
>in a halfpipe

what is this sport??

Putain le niveau...
>grabbing a 180 is olympic level now

Gotta love FIS

>not even making it above the lip

women were a mistake

bang

FACEPLANT

Wait, this is a sport? I literally do that when I go skiing. I do little 360s and 720s. I might look into this in our ski federation. It doesn't look that hard.

>french TV broadcasts this shit instead of snowboard
fuck this gay shit

wait these are women. Nevermind.

>oh no my ski

pyeongchang2018.sport.francetvinfo.fr/videos/article/snowboard-big-air-qualification-femmes-2018.html
But it's even more boring, I warned you. Even women slopestyle had better jumps.

>even more boring
women were a mistake

She was miserable.

>Hungary

Holy kek. What the fuck was that? My fucking sides.

Holy shit this is actually the worst Olympic event I've ever seen. I watched cross country skiing until 2am last night and it was way more exciting.

anyone have a webm of that terrible run

this is underwhelming.

going backwards lol

feel sorry for commentators who have to pretend to be interested.

anyone have a link to a stream? i'd like to see this

MAGYARORSZÁG!!!! IGEN!!!!

someone webm it please

german moderator isn't even pretending, kek

Women's downhill training is on now too....somehow more interesting.

jesus I've seen better tricks by grade schoolers

Same in Australia? Here the guy is a Xgame promoter and he doesn't know what to say anymore.

can't be any worse than the "big" air

>a leaf is in the lead

We have the OBS guys I think, so they seem to somewhat care.

snowboarding should be about the air/tricks and skiing should be about downhill/racing. the overlap is always shitty.

Freestyle skiing looks far more impressive than Snowboarding though.

at least this is better than women snowboarders doing 720s in >big air

The issue here is more about the >women

REIRA

Go watch the big air event, you will depress.

>CASSIE FUCKING SHARPE

>Merci!

This russian chick is a joke. What the fuck is she doing there?

TAKE ME ON

Wait for Hungary

And latvia, kek

EEEEEEEEE!!!

boardercross is great though

wrong

Do you think she went back up? kek
Oh well. Participation trophies are fine for the olympics. I remember some hammer thrower doing the 100m sprint at some summer olympics for the luls.
i'm looking for the positives; lots of qts and 3 or 4 with nice performances.

what did she mean by this?

The commentators on the NBC stream sound like they are calling a golf match. zero enthusiam. i think they're embarassed to be there.

did CBC just say tranny?

Well, everyone has two runs, so I think we'll see her again.

Probably a burger praying her sky daddy.

I'm digging this pink jacket desu

bogner always has great style, check the German opening ceremony outfits from sochi 2014

TOP KEK

aussie lads cheering for japs and kiwis?

Just got here from Big Air. Any Americans in the mix?

Oh this is almost over too, damn it.

you've got 3
olympic.org/pyeongchang-2018/results/en/freestyle-skiing/results-ladies-ski-halfpipe-qual-000200-.htm

>camera guy almost fell over

It's just as boring

Well that was a pathetic first run to watch

it looks like they get no air at all

I swear these are the same commentators that were doing the big air

>15 years old

Are you watching on TV or online?

put your dick away

Yeah I could definitely put on a pair of ski's do better than these women too.

CBC? They sound very similar here

looks like the ones we are watching just fucking suck

These are the guys that have done all the skiing events. The secondary guy is one of the dullest commentators I have ever heard. It's laughable, really. Just listen to the trite bullshit he says.

OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR OAR

hahahahahahha what the fuck is this

OH FUCK WHAT WAS THAT?

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

What the fuck was that run

What the actual fuck is that? WHY IS THIS AT THE OLYMPICS

>the Hungarian (American)

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HUNGARY

HOLY SHIT

MAGYARORSZÁG LMAO

Aha, u see now?

I think they're the OBS staff since its on NBC's website, but I didn't figure they would do this event too

>BETTER THAN HER FIRST RUN
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE FIRST RUN LIKE AAAAAAAAA

WOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Someone please webm that entire run. i dont know how

Гдe cмoтpишь?

someone please

absolutely lol

she did skeleton for venezuela a few years ago too, wtf

I've never skied in my life, and I could do better than that bullshit.

This made the snowboard big air look fucking insanely intense by comparison

The same, but instead of jumping 2cm, it was 1.8cm

>muh spirit of Coubertin
French commentators pulled that pretty well, they even avoided laughing

O L Y M P I C
A T H L E T E

Skiing but in a halfpipe.

>olympic organizer brainlets
>put SHAWN WHITE AND JAP before "big air" and woman ski half-pipe
>kill all excitement and raise expectations to double 1440's
What is the point again?

I'll webm her first and second runs after the event ends and I get dinner shortly. Should I post it in /olyg/ or where? This thread might be dead by then.

uZHE KONCHILOS NASHA POPALA V FINAL

Is this worth watching?

Working on the webm. One second.

Alright I just watched Cassie Sharps run and that was actually decently cool. Women are slightly redeemed

Блядcкaя пpилoжyхa yбpaлa cтpим cpaзy пocлe зaeздa нaшeй. 2 зaeздa былo жeж? Bтopoй зaeзд вeнгepки пpoeбaл

what's next bros

we /threadhopping/ now?

based burger

guess so, think that's all for today

God damn what the fuck

This is the worst olympic performance i've ever seen. whoever sponsored her to go there needs to get a refund. i cant stop laughing at how bad that was. im going to have to find her world championship runs.

can you get her first run too? thanks a ton

It was probably the same thing judging by the score

No. It's over anyway. Final is tomorrow. Honestly only 4-5 girls have an okay level, the rest is shit.

i think that was the first one hahahaha

hungary just wanted an athlete in the event for the first time

Look at her olympic hype video

youtube.com/watch?v=p5hLtADhNOk

hungarians are pissed as fuck in the comments.

Hungary forgot it signed up for this and had no one who wanted to fill the position, so they found a tourist on the streets of Budapest in early February and sent her to Korea

Was she already eliminated and just didn't even try? Injured maybe?

No, she didn't clear the pipe wall at all in the first run.

>3rd clip
good to see the practice paid off

I hope someone makes a movie about her someday. she clearly is autistic and had a dream to be in the olympics no matter what the event or what talent she has. she just needed to find a country gullible enough to send her to pyongchang.

how do these commentators know what trick they're doing before they even land it

shall be seeing you lads in the short dance thread

Budapest is dope, lived there for a bit

this is bizarre

the spice

she also has a fantasy where she is a meteorologist.

youtube.com/watch?v=_XV8UvZKaJk

true autism.

>Born in the United States of America, she is eligible to represent Hungary through her mother. She is due to become the first Hungarian freestyle skier to compete at the Olympic Winter Games at the 2018 Games in Pyeongchang. She also represented Venezuela in freestyle skiing at World Cup events between 2013 and 2015, and has competed in skeleton at an elite level in the United States of America.
wew lads livin the dream

and i thought the guy was joking about her representing venezuela on the skeleton:

youtube.com/watch?v=7T02PRIYBZc

She is the Andy Kaufman of olympic events

god damn, I think I may actually be able to compete in some of this obscure shit too if she can. My parents are from a different country too with no olympic athletes so it'd be easier to rep them. I may actually do it lads.

Can any murican transcript what she says before her run? She sounds semi retarded.
pyeongchang2018.sport.francetvinfo.fr/videos/article/ski-acrobatique-ski-halfpipe-qualification-femmes-2018.html
Around 1.54

>“The field is not that deep in the women’s pipe and she went to every world cup, where there were only 24, 25, or 28 women,” said longtime FIS ski halfpipe and slopestyle judge Steele Spence. “She would compete in them consistently over the last couple years and sometimes girls would crash so she would not end up dead last. There are going to be changes to world cup quotas and qualifying to be eligible for the Olympics. Those things are in the works so technically you need to qualify up through the system.”

>Philippe Belanger, the head judge at freeskiing competitions at the PyeongChang Olympics, said if Swaney had crashed at three or four world cups, she would not have earned enough points to meet the Olympic qualification and country quota requirements. But Swaney consistent and rarely tumbles. Belanger said the FIS is considering proposals to shrink the number of open positions available for Olympic competitors in the halfpipe. That would require Olympians to harvest more than the minimum points awarded just for showing up and not falling at world cup contests.

>“By that we will make the points a bit higher,” Belanger said. “So in that case you are going to need a better placement in each world cup, to not just make it to the Games but to stay on the world cup circuit.”

>Swaney has competed in world cup halfpipe contests in California, Colorado, Utah, China, Italy, France, South Korea, Canada and New Zealand since 2013, initially competing for Venezuela and then switching to Hungary in 2016. She’s self-funded her efforts, though online fundraisers have helped a little.

shes minmaxing and i fucking love her for it

what
the
fuck

>she's been doing it for 3 years
>she's self funding it all
Why not at least try to git gud at it if you're so determined? It might be funny if you do it once as a joke but it's retarded af if you keep going without improving.

To be fair the Mexican male in the cross-country ski could barely ski, so it's not just women, the whole Olympics is a joke. They really need to stop these token athletes from competing, makes a mockery of the games.

Isn't that literally what the "Eddie the Eagle" rule is? He was such an embarrassment that the IOC decided you need to be in the top 30% or top 50 competitors to compete at the Olympics. That makes the whole thing even more embarrassing seeing as these contestants managed to qualify.

imagine the salt from unlucky ruskies falling on every run because she was trying those 720s, and this cunt does literal 0s and gets a spot instead.

Slow and steady, baby. Her spirit animal is the tortoise

player won't load for me even with a French VPN. upload it to streamable and I'll transcribe it

amazing

My fucking sides! Also are those 0s technically? I mean she turns at least at 150 in this case.

I think that video is blocked outside of France, but I looked up her second run and I think she was telling her coach what tricks she was going to attempt. She says she's going to do a 360 alleyoop is all I could hear

He's a 17-time Ironman triathlete.

>"He became interested in cross-country skiing after reading an article about Peruvian cross-country skier Roberto Carcelan in a sports magazine. He contacted Carcelan to ask for his advice and later travelled to South America where he met other skiers and coaches. Along with Chilean skier Yonathan Fernandez and Tongan skier Pita Taufatofua, he formed an independent training group in an attempt to qualify for the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang. The three skiers, under the initiative of Taufatofua, rented a cabin in Hittisau, Austria, and trained for 10 hours daily. 'At the beginning of December 2017 we realised that to achieve success in an individual sport you need to have a team. We trained together, we travelled together, we cooked for each other. It was an amazing experience,' Madrazo said."

olympic.org/pyeongchang-2018/results/en/cross-country-skiing/athlete-profile-n3098173-german-madrazo.htm

also for you one of the best moments of the Olympics. he's awesome.

The Olympics everyone, where the worlds best compete for glory of the gold.

Wait, she has a coach?

ok thanks anyway, but I can't find any other link. She really sounds bizzaro like "i'lll haaave fuuun".

dk but I think going from front to back would be a 180, front to front with no spin would be a 0 lol. I don't know what a 0 would be otherwise.

>ywn be born in a rich family, do sports everyday, connect with other rich athletes from other countries and travel the world together with a common goal of bringing honor to your respective countries
why even live

can you download it or record your screen?

>she ran for governor of california against arnie
literally living the dream

I assumed it was the Hungarian coach

I don't think he's rich, he had to do a GoFundMe (still open) for his flight to the Olympics & other expenses

I assume that coach doesn't speak English and she doesn't speak Hungarian, though

I wish I could but I don't know how to do. If one day you catch the video you'll know what I meant, she's weird, heartbreaking.

I'll try later when I get home, maybe it's my ad blocker

So will this Canadian QT win the surprise gold?

>tfw I get to meet her when she gets home.

He has to be rich to do this thing everyday. A gofundme is just his way to get some money on his own to feel like he has accomplished anything by himself and not rode off his bank account all the way.
Also free money is free.

Damn, that's a legit 10

he doesn't, he owns a running store in texas

they just need to set minimum score requirements like figure skating does. Are they really that hard up for athletes in some of these sports?

She's average at best

am i the only one watching this?

It's eddy the eagle all over again

I'm here with you bb

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1519053401889.webm

Fuck you we can't even afford artificial snow here, have to practice in Tony Hawk video games.

The worst part is I can't be even remotely sad because she's a burger. She paid the whole thing for herself, lol.
Would take her as a show-off wife though, looks qt3.14 and giving the bare minimum satisfies her.

>pay for someone to go to the olympics
>they do a 180, maybe a 360 if they are feeling adventurous

laughed for 2 minutes straight

the talent pool at the world level must be shallow as fuck

Ain't she a beauty? Best we could offer

From what I heard, the only reason she made it to the Olympics is because the scoring system for the preliminaries is dumb and taking risks and falling is heavily penalized. So she got in by not doing any tricks at all, but also not messing up.

Oh man how embarrassing.

Hey, she got a bunch of free shit and a trip to Korea in exchange for making a fool of herself.

Kek
Ten year old skaters first miniramp run.wbm

literally looks like someone's holiday footage
>Billy's first ride on the half pipe.avi

at least eddy was there for the bantz, she's just delusional

And Eddy took real risks.

this is the greatest thing. i love the olympics

who cares, she's cute

What's the story here? I refuse to believe that this wasn't a warmup thing or some kind of joke.

Is Maddie Bowman going to win gold or not? What's the verdict here

Leaf is going to take it
A leaf has never choked in a ski/snowboard event

So who do you reckon - Cassie? I need to make some bets if I am going to watch this sober

literal autism

someone post her olympic hype video

that is her best run

Literally me on a half pipe kek

Posted here I want to protect her seriously, she's too innocent for this world.

Fuggg one of the frenchie forfeited

Finals thread

why do they go so slow all the time

women

What went wrong?

what's wrong with "her" face?

Roids

She was like the last qualified anyway.