Be mediocre in taekwondo

>be mediocre in taekwondo
>have no experience in any winter sports
>try out and ultimately become a skiing cross country qualifier

What's stopping you from competing the Winter Olympics like Pita Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-country_skiing_at_the_2018_Winter_Olympics_–_Qualification
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

400lbs

I've been raised to never follow my dreams

I am not a 6'4'' athlete with tons of disposable income

I can't afford the equipment, training costs or travel costs. People say "you can do whatever you want if you follow your dreams" but that's complete bullshit unless you have plenty of financial backing. Unless you have a rich family or you start very young and get scouted early, you will never compete at the highest level in any sport.

sciatica

leafland sends enough athletes to the olympics that i would have to qualify for the team instead of just making it by showing up.

I don't have that body.

i'm not a histrionic person like him

>trained in Taekwondo since he was 5
>only made the Olympics in 2016
>trained in cross country skiing for 2 years
>make the 2018 Olympics
That just says more about how shit the standards are in cross country skiing more than anything.

he finished 114th out of like 116 ahead of a couple of south americans. its not like he was anywhere near the "standards".

>"[German Madrazo, skier from Mexico and 17-time Ironman triathlete] became interested in cross-country skiing after reading an article about Peruvian cross-country skier Roberto Carcelan in a sports magazine. He contacted Carcelan to ask for his advice and later travelled to South America where he met other skiers and coaches. Along with Chilean skier Yonathan Fernandez and Tongan skier Pita Taufatofua, he formed an independent training group in an attempt to qualify for the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang. The three skiers, under the initiative of Taufatofua, rented a cabin in Hittisau, Austria, and trained for 10 hours daily. 'At the beginning of December 2017 we realised that to achieve success in an individual sport you need to have a team. We trained together, we travelled together, we cooked for each other. It was an amazing experience,' Madrazo said."

>take money earned from one sport and drain it all into another
At last I truly see

He still qualified for the Olympics though. They're practically letting anyone compete if they actually give a shit about the sport.

He doesn't have disposable income either.

iktfb

literally a friendship power up

How do you think he afforded the equipment? How do you think he paid his coach? How do you think he paid for his plane tickets to get to the various qualification events and the Olympics themselves?

My country has a no fun allowed policy and won't let you compete without a serious chance of winning a medal.

He definitely did after the last Olympics all he had to do was shill products next to his shirtless body women do this all the time

he is in a lot of debt and he had to start a gofundme to pay for his skis

I live in country where my competition are people who been training since before they could even walk and i have not fake heritage to use that would allow me to compete for another,
unlike some literally who? country like Tonga

I have about the same chance of making the Norwegian cross-country skiing team as the Kenyan 3000m steeplechase team, Jamaican sprint team or Chinese table tennis team. Other winter sports are not much better. We barely ever send plebs who are unable to finish in the top 20 to the Olympics.

>To the tune of Van Halens Panama!

A lot of salty cunts in this thread. No wonder none of you are in the olympics

Amen. I write music as a passion/hobby and people always push me to get serious about it. It's a little tough when I have about 4 hours a week I can dedicate to playing/writing/recording because I have to support myself and some of my family.

Dunno, havin a job lol

he's also a really sick breakdancer

I don't live in shit country with no athletes

rather smoke weed and watch dragon ball super t b h

That's how it works dumbo, every country has at least one slot in almost every sport, that's the point of the olympic games. Get the Laotian citizenship and you will compete in halfpipe if you want.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-country_skiing_at_the_2018_Winter_Olympics_–_Qualification
>Every NOC will be assigned one male and one female quota spot by meeting the B standard.
>NOC's who do not have any athlete meeting the A standard can enter one competitor of each sex (known as the basic quota) in the sprint event or 10 km freestyle event for womem/15 km freestyle event for men. They must have a maximum of 300 FIS distance points at the end of qualifying on January 22, 2018. The qualification period began in July 2016.
The Tongan qualified for the Olympics because he was deemed good enough to compete.

As for the skier, you need to finish at least top 30 in a World Cup event, which she somehow did.

They introduced rules like these to the Winter Olympics after Eddie the Eagle made an embarrassing display at the Calgary Olympics and they decided you need to show a certain level of competency to compete. The fact that we still see such poor performances in the Winter Olympics show that the qualification standards are still very low.

My favorite part about losers like this is the commentators
>ahhh this is so great seeing them compete
>Hahaha they're having a great time out there

It's insulting to the games and other competitors

Yoga