Is being a janitor that bad?

Is being a janitor that bad?
>$15-$20/hr
>Work alone and at your own pace
>Smoke weed/listen to music while working
>Job won't be replaced by AI anytime soon

Attached: Good-Will-Hunting-e1527727749352.jpg (900x506, 54K)

No, did it at a high school. Night shift, was awesome. Did all my work by myself, no manager over my shoulder. As far as blue collar work goes, it could be much much worse.

>>$15-$20/hr
Depends on the hours
>>Work alone and at your own pace
Often, you'll be employed by cleaning companies, taking multiple contracts at once. They'll send you to multiple buildings in an evening. Not you own pace.
>>Smoke weed/listen to music while working
No. Music, maybe. Depends on the place.
>>Job won't be replaced by AI anytime soon
No, but by mexicans.

Source:
pulled it out of my ass. Just what i've seen those cleaning people do.

Same. This is just what janitors have told me. Makes me want to be one

I was a janitor at my high school for 2 summers and it weren't too bad. Only got payed 8.50 an hour and worked from 4:30am to 3:30pm. It was rough at times but it could've been a lot worse.

honestly, it's probably the best job I had and i've worked a lot of interesting jobs over the years.
>enough physical work & cardio to keep you fit
>can listen to music and podcasts while working
>you're the only person around, the bliss of solitude
>like $20/hr starting
>work hours are in the middle of the night or early morning, perfect for skiiers or college students
>work at your own pace
>you almost never see your coworkers or boss, hear from them maybe once every 6 months at best via a quick phone call or email.

just depends entirely on the contract. i worked at a contract cleaner and my job was to clean post offices for Australia Post.
sometimes I'd be asked to do a 4am~9am shift cleaning 3 different small post offices around town, once in a while i'd have to replace someone who did 2 medium sized ones between 3am and 8am.
my favourite though was cleaning the large mail center starting at 2am and finishing at 8am. place was huge, but like 70% of the morning was lost just sweeping and mopping which was comfy.

Cleaners/Janitors/Housekeeper's trade secret here. It doesn't have to BE clean. It just has to LOOK clean.
This is what means the difference between working your ass off, rushing to finish everything in an 8 hour shift vs only having 4 hours of actual work to do and lazily stretching it out over the shift with the occasional 30min wank/weed/poop break

ITT Americans settle for scraps, talk about how great trump is, and live like peasants (without even knowing it).

>the state of the lower-middle class union, 2020
>MUGA2020!!

Very sad. Being a very very comfortable coastal Liberal, Trump's tax policies have done very nice things for me fiscally.

Whilst his base apparently makes $20 hour per hour and touts that as greatness. Without aspiring for true greatness, the status quo remains the same for the GOP.

Attached: white trash.jpg (600x604, 90K)

to add, if you want the ULTIMATE comfy job

Night Audit/Night Security in a backpacker's hostel. Especially if it's one that discourages partying. This job is usually the highest paid non-manager position too on a 4-day week, 10h work day.
>start at 10pm
>maybe 1 or 2 late check-ins, shit takes 5min.
>cash up and check day's takings, takes 15min.
>people usually all in bed by now except the odd drunk.
>on a friday night might have to shut someone up occasionally but that's it.
>throw some laundry on, fold some towels.
>oh sweet is like 1:30am already
>everyone's asleep like a baby
>night's work is basically done
>whip out laptop, smoke a J, sip a beer
>make sure to sober up by 5 or 6am
>by 5am early risers start checking out
>morning shift comes in at 7am
>go home, go skiing or go day drinking at the pub.
best part is the 3 day weekends every week. means plenty of time for /out/ shit.
only real drawback is trying to maintain a normal social life or do things like going to the bank etc are hard to do when you work nights, but you get used to it.

Sounds like the dream to me

Can you remember being a kid and your aspirations?
>"I wanna be a pilot and a vet and make a million dollars"
Now.
>"I just wanna be left alone to make 15/h and just smoke my weed"
What happened?

sounds like GOP trickle-down economics didn't trickle-down enough...
but people still believe the meme. very sad.

Plus you get to solve all the math problems you want

You figured out what's important in life

Plus usually decent benefits. Janitors make 22 an hr with benefits at my old hs in Iowa.

Attached: KEK.png (229x220, 94K)

I'm also a janitor at a high school. I agree with everything you said plus free wifi

>is being a janitor that bad?
yes

I did it for years and it's great for all the reasons you listed. There's just no upward mobility. Being a janitor when you're like 50 just comes with a certain... stigma. I made the step up to handyman and it all has all the same perks but with a little more pay and less judgement

do you have a fund for retirement? stocks/bonds/401k through the company? Roth IRA?

Which is?
I figured out that having a nice, well paying, sedentary job and owning a home and havinf a family is the way to go.
You seem to know a bit about trickle down. Explain it to a eurofag. What I gather is that you cut taxes for the 1% in hopes their money will helps the economy.

only the lowest piece of shit would judge a working man or woman. period.

Incorrect. If no trickledown the dude wouldn’t have a job.

it's not about the fame and money my dude. too much drama comes with that shit.
sometimes it's worth taking a couple $ an hour less to be comfy or do something you like

tax cuts for the top 10% and corporations, they tell Americans that they'll see savings in their groceries and fuel, car costs, home costs (no one's ever seen the money "trickle down).

It started under Reagan, and continues under trump. Naturally the democrats used it as well, because both parties are rotten to the core in the US. The money stays at the top, and keeps building at the top 10% (as you can see Trump just gave them another massive tax cut that he said is "indefinite").

All the while inflation's grown massively, the middle class can't afford homes anymore, the average American has 2 fulltime jobs, and depending on where you live rent is absolutely insane

these guys still defend the trickle-down meme because trump's tax cuts, somehow they think they'll see the money someday (the youth in every generation have been thinking that since Reagan, only to be proven wrong over and over).

What happens when a corporation gets a tax cut? it reinvests in itself. it doesn't create more jobs. that's ludicrous.

What happens when I get my tax cuts? I reinvest, just like the corporations. I don't donate my fucking money LOL

I'd like to fly a plane, not mop up someone's shit. but flight school's 150k. surely you understand

>Job won't be replaced by AI anytime soon

Yah heard of a roomba, buddy?

>comfy
Cleaning shit and piss all day and coming home tired is comfy?
>something you like
I don't think anyone likes being a janitor.
I mean, what happened to our hopes and dream's? How bad has it gotten that we actually wish to serve in the lowest caste in peasantry? What caused it to be this way?

How do people even get these jobs?
They all seem to be taken by sex offenders and mexicans.

>Hopes and dreams
Those got pissed on by the massive greed and corruption that turns important things like education and healthcare into platforms for setting up monopolies and rackets that manipulate and outright force people into giving away most of everything they've ever earned just for the hope of a better future

>Cleaning shit with your hands
>actual shit, from out an asshole
>almost guaranteed to not have any benefits
>make as much or less as a chick sitting in reception at any office or clinic

Yeah go for it bub

It's just shit. If you cover your nose it's not even that bad. When you have a kid you get used to shit (from an asshole)

Yeah, hold your nose with a shit covered glove. You're only digging your hole deeper. Although, if you idolize janitors I guess you might actually a retard

>thinking janitor/cleaning work is all cleaning up piss and shit.
nah mate. get work in cleaning offices.
it's 90% vacuuming and then throwing away paper waste.
the comfy aspect comes from
>being the only person there
>working at your own pace
>music/podcasts
>that sip of coffee from the thermos as the sun rises at the end of your shift

this. there's hardly any incentive to get a better paying job. you go from $50k/year job up to something like $80k/year, suddenly you lose benefits. you have to pay for childcare, you dont get free healthcare anymore, you get taxed more because you're in a higher tax bracket. buddy of mine ended up going broke from getting a pay raise at his job, because the extra $1/hour put him into the next bracket and cut him off of a lot of shit.

where the fuck does everyone get this "constantly cleaning poop with your hands" idea in their heads from?
the fuck kind of situation or job are you imagining?
janitor work is like 85% sweeping/mopping/vacuuming.

Where the fuck do janitors make $20 bucks an hour? The fucking White House?

>you might actually a retard
So close my friend

A job is a job.

Never be ashamed of legally working for a living, and never shame anyone else for doing so.

Where are you getting your facts? Almost none of that is accurate

I mean McDonalds workers make $15/hr in some areas with lots of people