Any anons missing windows 7 im thinking of going back even if its a security risk

any anons missing windows 7 im thinking of going back even if its a security risk

Attached: windows-7.jpg (1280x450, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/bypass-discovered-to-allow-windows-7-extended-security-updates-on-all-systems/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell me your IP when you do so you can save me the trouble, thanks

Hell no. Win 10 is best windows ever.

your opinion is wrong

If you are a Windows user you should be well used to using an OS that's a security risk.

Dude, I tried that and I swear 7 is not as good than it was in my mind.

If it were for me I would still use XP. Ill use 7 until it becomes completely obsolete.

>even if its a security risk
zdnet.com/article/bypass-discovered-to-allow-windows-7-extended-security-updates-on-all-systems/

how much did microsoft pay you for that opinion

0.000002 rupees

If you have an Intel cpu, might as well go for it. You're security is allready fully fucked with 400+ baked in hardware security vulnerabilities. Might as well complete the experience and roll on Windows 7 with outdated software.

Yup. Same here. I'll stick with 7 until they come up with something better, or I am literally FORCED to upgrade to 10.

Attached: 13.jpg (640x427, 93K)

I'm duel boot mint. I'll keep using 7. I'd dedicate mint but even in 2020 many steam games don't work, and many major titles are emulated, which isn't ideal.
If i'm forced to 10, it'd be a steambox only. I'd still config the privacy settings, but it's like using a colander as a bucket, and that's not to mention the other shit that comes with it.

what don't you want to use 10? telemetry? what you scared of them finding out about you?

tell me why I'm wrong. other than "hurr durr muh cp" bullshit

I view 10 as a service, not an OS.
It's not that i'm 'scared', even if you're doing 'nothing' wrong, you wouldn't want a camera watching and listening to you 24/7 right? Targeting advertising, logging data, keeping a digital fingerprint of where you go, what you look at, who you know.
I'm not interested in having any of that, i run an ad-blocker, i play vidya and occasionally jerk off. Why should i be forced to have it bundled with dozens of 3rd party interests in a world where 'digital information' laws are realistically defunct.

Unlike ubuntu that can be hacked in 20 mins with all that security flaws.

No-one cares about being 'hacked'
There're concerned about billion dollar companies tracking and selling their users digital information to 3rd party interests.

I don't get targeted ads from win 10.

>windows 7
>im thinking of going back even if its a security risk
Holy shit, why? Win10 isn't perfect, but neither is Win7. That said, Win10 is much better than 7.

Yup sure love that Cortana who can't be easily disabled.

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>Part of Microsoft’s strategy for delivering free revisions of Windows 10 almost every six months is dependent heavily on one thing: advertisements. These advertisements are fueled in part by the tighter integration of your Microsoft account with your everyday usage of the Windows

It's almost always a case of you don't know what you don't know.
You either know and have attempted to disable it, or you don't know (or you don't know to notice)

Attached: 10.jpg (1058x894, 189K)

Nigga, u literally just like right click taskbar and disable it.

No, I'm saying I don't ger advertisements from Windows 10. How can I not know that I'm getting ads? I am not getting them. I'm telling you. It's a fact. And just don't use a Microsoft account.

1.2 billion devices running win10. I'm glad that 1 guy who didn't know ms was harvesting user data 5 minutes ago is the only user special enough not to be tracked. Not using a live account is completely irreverent, and even suggesting it as a solution is so absurd as to show how very little you understand.

so win 10 spy on me to sell me things? If only I had a dime to spend in anything.

Attached: Laughing-Meme-Face-02.png (390x470, 6K)

So your issue is that people are keeping track of what you do while you sleep, shit and die? how do you stay sane? you think Cred Forums isn't keep track of shit you do? or your isp? or your phone line? or your government id? or five hundred street cameras you drive past every day? or credit score companies?

You're either so stupid you think Windows 10 is the only privacy issue or you're seriously inconsistent about who you're fighting against if hte only move you're making is to stay off Windows 10 and think your privacy is now perfectly safe and respected.

I'm still using XP without any updates and have had ZERO problems. Every OS since XP has been shit.

So now your saying you're aware 'everything' tracks user information, an win10 is notorious for having privacy concerns, while holding the position that they don't.
> I don't ger advertisements from Windows 10

You're literally using a service with integrated tracking, owned by a company who's business model is selling information to advertisers, and you're entire protest to me pointing this out is re-wording what I said in the first place as if it somehow refutes it
Windows 10 is a privacy concern. that is my point, you repeating that to me is pointless

that's some rock hard dedication, good on you, user

>So now your saying you're aware 'everything' tracks user information

No, what I said was "I don't get ads", and trying to get one argument out of the way before derailing into another is pretty sensible in the world of discussion but now you want to ignore ads and just focus on the "tracking" part.

Ok, fine. I'm pretty sure Microsoft scrapes up whatever it can but what the fuck do I care? it can't possibly be on anything other than an IP basis if you aren't logged into their account. And if it's IP based then it's fucking useless because multiple people share IP's and ip's change so goddamn much you can't seriously assume any single person is attached to any single ip.

Why don't you respond about credit scores? or government shit? doesn't it bother you, or you going to say they don't keep track of you?

>Ok, fine. -/- what the fuck do I care?
That's the problem, that's the entire problem, people don't know, don't care.
>it can't possibly be on anything other than an IP basis -/- if it's IP based
It isn't, again, back to square one, you don't know.
>Why don't you respond about credit scores? or government shit?
Because it's not (only) being given to government, it's being shared with 3rd parties. If you run ad-block and ghostery for an hour, they'll block possibly hundreds of privacy issues, why are you content to defend a service (win10) that is ground up build integrating them? The awnser is you didn't know, didn't care, and now you're on an absurd rant defending such practices when you KNOW you would opt out yourself if you could.