God or no god. Why?

God or no god. Why?

Attached: 1576218828808.jpg (125x122, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hreGAxAjt1c
youtube.com/watch?v=HqLcdUo_RIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Nxn2LlBJDl0
youtube.com/watch?v=EmJsTf6hCRM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence
vocabulary.com/dictionary/superposition
youtube.com/watch?v=bwOD8dVcqpA&list=LLqaXs_Xa2ZPhRklkIV1_Qnw&index=12&t=109s
sciencemag.org/news/2015/03/researchers-may-have-solved-origin-life-conundrum
journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0469(1960)017<0296:TMOWBA>2.0.CO;2
templeos.org
phys.org/news/2016-03-physicists-extreme-violation-local-realism.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

auto theism

depends if you have personhood ->self ownership +property rights adherance -> law

psychadelic drug use gave rise to language->society

terrence mckenna food of the gods pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=hreGAxAjt1c
youtube.com/watch?v=HqLcdUo_RIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Nxn2LlBJDl0

Attached: stoned ape.jpg (107x90, 3K)

nothing literally can not exist, so everything else does by default. there's no need for a god

god does not exist
consciousness is a coinflip
if ur an attention whore you dont have personhood

you assume this question matters.
even if there was a god, it's done nothing to be worthy of worship.
beyond this, it is an obvious lie. god is the girlfriend in canada that every minister wants you to think he has, because she's an angry bitch and she'll get her brother to fuck you up if you don't give him a tenth of your coin.
most people in religion don't really believe it, save the suffering, some of whom will believe anything as their suffering has surpassed any desire for truth they may have had. but most people don't yearn for truth. they don't care.
They want to be admired. They want their dick wet and their cunt stuffed. They want to eat, drink and be merry.
Many just want to know their place and perform well in it. Happy cogs. I'm not really against this. We're all kind of happy cogs when we find our place.
Church is just a place they get together to sing the group approved songs, listen to the group approved lessons, marry the group approved mate.
Anyone that identifies strongly with a group can lose a part of themselves to the group. They are still rational, but defer all axioms to those supplied to them by whoever guards the mysteries.
Many rational people exist in their ilk, but don't care. Why would they? They walk the walk and talk the talk and profit greatly.
The lust for truth is rare, user. Unfortunately, there isn't really any truth. Our minds, our words, our idea, are built on the lies and metaphors of those around us. Each of us an unique illusion, an "I" created by the insistence of those around us that we exist, insisting they exist in turn.

So like a painting that's never been painted
It exists but has never been crafted

Attached: Screenshot_20191204-021429_YouTube.jpg (1560x720, 178K)

philosophy isn't your purview, you level three nerd.

maybe. you could see valheru from midkemia. theres also talk on transplanting consciousness to ai for infinite life as a stop-gap medium to organic evolution of such(infinity)

movement creates time

What?

Attached: 1574526277727.png (222x183, 595)

>Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer. That means I solve problems, not problems like "What is beauty?" Because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems, for instance: how am I going to stop some mean mother Hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous be-hind? The answer, use a gun, and if that don't work... Use more gun. Take for instance this heavy caliber tripod mounted lil' old number designed by me, built by me, and you best hope... Not pointed at you.
It's a reference to a short film based on the game the image was drawn from. Good game.

>it's done nothing to be worthy of worship.
Perhaps your existence and self awareness
but most people don't yearn for truth. they don't care.
>They want to be admired. They want their dick wet and their cunt stuffed. They want to eat, drink and be merry.
Agreed

God exists. Witnessing the beauties of nature like sunrises over a mountain or gentle sunlight filtering in through canopy of vibrant greenery above my head fills me with absolute certainty that there is something even more beautiful beyond, and that my faith will be rewarded when I go to see it.
Believe in God, lads. All it takes is a little bit of faith in the idea that there’s something special about this universe you’ve popped into.

Attached: 4B821F5D-D99C-4D4F-A452-7E92B3ECBDC7.png (680x528, 210K)

Yes I know tf2

>As a Christian...-Adolf Hitler
Kek yeah right
The absolute state of Christianity tards

Attached: dd7.jpg (640x448, 29K)

>lads
faggot

I wasn’t born into a religious family. I don’t have much of an opinion on religion and I don’t know if there’s any type of God. I don’t think about it too often, I just live and waste time.

I’m glad I could make you laugh user. God bless you.
I’ll fucking skin your mother and turn her into a my next lampshade you dumb little fuck. Kill yourself so you can get to Hell quicker.

Attached: 09F04443-65FC-4BD9-B49E-E03640DEE85E.png (678x678, 304K)

the nsa shooting you with a satelite is 100% direct bloodline of what hitler was seeking to murder.

since 911 not even the jews are with america anymore.

>I’ll fucking skin your mother and turn her into a my next lampshade you dumb little fuck. Kill yourself so you can get to Hell quicker.
Woah there niggerfaggot I thought god was supposed to promote peace and love

Attached: 1579375977028.jpg (474x561, 38K)

Nope.

Attached: D6F71CAC-CDC6-4ED7-A8F6-21CBC810530C.png (525x585, 133K)

god's existence is irrelevant, religion can work with or without god

Why? Is god a whinny bitch that can't handle buttsex?

Attached: ku6vo68fbgqz.jpg (1200x813, 153K)

Agreed since no religion focuses on the current life but rather on an afterlife with promising "truth"

The study if astronomy and astrophysics ended the debate for me. The universe is entirely too random to be have been designed. Everything that exists as matter is a naturally occurring byproduct of stellar fusion, and at any moment some wandering cosmic object could annihilate us or our sun. I wouldn't say I judge people for being religious, but its a a bit pathetic not to acknowledge the truth: God cannot exist because too much universe exist for a God to be concerned with us at all. There no reason for us to be the center of attention when every orange dot in this picture is a galaxy or a cluster if galaxies.

Attached: 7F49D19A-6999-42F6-B415-72F85285DED0.jpg (1200x600, 185K)

>too random
Random does not exist
More like unforeseen and unaware

Attached: YZu2srS.png (1000x941, 736K)

if there are unknowns random exists

You can choose to interpret what you're seeing as a large system if you want. but that's pure speculation. At the very least, out complete and total insignificance to the functions of the system should require a complete ground up reinterpretation of what "God" is up to. and yet no religion has done so. Human centric religion is obviously incorrect.

youtube.com/watch?v=EmJsTf6hCRM

Odin, because global warming

There is no such thing as "nothing". If "nothing" existed, it would by virtue of existence be something and not nothing. "Nothing" cannot exist because its existence would be paradoxical.

There is probably a god, many things are more easily explained if there is one than if there isn’t one.
John Von Nuemann

No I thank random means disobeying the universal laws of physics for no purpose
Air the does not randomly float anywhere, it's guided by the laws of the universe

Attached: 1579573562116.jpg (356x750, 172K)

free will is not an actual thing

consciousness guides the laws of the universe, we are evolution existing else it would have ever been entropy

we have seperated consciousness from the universe, its called individualism.

its why "we" (singular) are "special" amongst existence.

That's not what I meant is that everything here but not found

Mona Lissa already existed before it was painted, it was only arranged

if free will is not a thing then we are all equals yet no two men are the same and ur a omega in every realm.

God because nothing can't suddenly just exist. Just like how scientists can also be religious and view god as the origin of all things while simultaneously studying nature and all of its structure and laws.
However there is no doubt that religious texts have been twisted

no it didnt because existence has a spatio temporal component or unit on the end of the measurement.

stay in school retards
smoke more weed and lift more and read more - balance

On that note, I would like to introduce the world to a new mathematical concept: the number Bort.
Bort is an irrational, abstract, imaginary number defined as the source and solution to all equations. There probably is a Bort, many equations are more easily solved if there is one than if there isn't one. Sure, there will always be a non-Bort solution to any given equation, but it will always be easier to claim that Bort is the answer.

What could go wrong?

No God, duh! if god was really he wouldve showed his punkass sometime.

Agnostic for two reasons, and two reason only.

The absolute beginning, it could be awareness, perception, space, time, reality, atoms, whatever comes first really, literally the first thing/concept/whatever.

Where the fuck did it come from and how did it come into existence. With no answer of truth, the idea of a "God", "The Big Band" or whatever theory, just doesn't convince me. Simply accepting something without a solid foundation seems utterly retarded to me.

Attached: Boi, you fucked.gif (500x210, 984K)

Agree with most of your post but I have to question this.
>even if there was a god, it's done nothing to be worthy of worship.
Aren't words like "worthy" and "worship" human constructs? If there is a God, should worship be redefined as directed to whatever that is? Or are you suggesting that worship is a meaningless word? It seems like we would need a word to describe the relationship between the finite and the transcendent.

Single most woke post here. Nothing cannot exist therefore everything else does. Therefore hyper sentience cannot exist? You lost wokeness near the end there. Sure you wouldn't need a god for the creation of everything, unless you count the collective efforts of particles as a god.

Not necessarily. If he can't defeat bronze-age fucks in iron chariots (Judges 1:19) what the fuck is he going to do about tanks and drone strikes?
Read the bible, at the end of time they're still using ladders and stairs to get to/from Heaven and acting like chariots are a big deal. The tech gap has god SO fucked he's afraid to come out.

the beginning of existence exists in an unbroken uterus line from daughter to mothers womb through spacetime

this is why females are considered sacred

jean auel clan of the cave bear (earths children) series

What?

>the beginning of existence exists in an unbroken uterus line from daughter to mothers womb through spacetime
Stop abusing psychedelics

Not that I can speak for Johnny, but your post sounds like a sneering restatement of his quote, but without the heuristics that went into the original thought. If anything, you're making the the same point he made about the Baroque nature of modern mathematics.

And what weight does this hold on my 2 questions?

>mental triple backflip to exactly the opposite of my meaning
No, I'm pointing out that "we can jump to this conclusion instead of working out what actually happened" is not a solution. "Many things are more easily explained if there is one" is nothing other than jumping to a conclusion so you can stop trying to figure out what actually happened.

ur what now

men are freaks of nature!

xx

>opposite
Ok. The question was, "God or no god?", not "are you interested in learning things?"

Fucking faggot
What cock did they shove up your ass?

Attached: 1579539837731.jpg (960x958, 45K)

Everyone's atheist. You're just one god less atheist then I am. Your god isn't real for the same reason their god isn't real.

i believed that the universe had a "power source" around 2005. at the time i had completely lost my mind and hallucinated/imagined lots of very strange things that were also very complicated and structured like i was receiving a transmission. 99.999% of that aside, i imagined what looked like the worms in "marble madness" as the smallest "pixels" of the universe.

then, 10 years later i read a story that they believe that in reality, the universe is being "rendered" as matter "blips" into existence. that also might be what allows for quantum connections, because those things aren't really far apart, they're just in different locations of the universe but in a computer system, it's just another coordinate to render and distance doesn't matter.

if it has a power source, it has to have a god. god might have died, if you want to get cute about it, but the machine is still running and requires power outside of it.

How do agnostics fit in?

If there's no such thing as an afterlife or souls or anything, why the fuck are there so many real instances of paranormal encounters?

Go play a ouiji board in a haunted house then come back and try to roleplay a college level discussion, nerds.

Does not knowing that the Earth revolves around the Sun make the Earth not do that?

>"God or no god?", not "are you interested in learning things?"
The connecting point is the "things are more easily explained". The Neumann quote asserts that since god is a convenient "explanation" that it probably exists. This is nothing other than an excuse to stop trying to explain things. If you have an all-encompassing answer you never have to admit that there's an equation you can't solve.

Ask Schrödinger.
Or don't.

>If there's no such thing as an afterlife or souls or anything, why the fuck are there so many real instances of paranormal encounters?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence

How would you define knowledge? Do you beleive you have knowledge of God's nonexistence?

Doesn't answer the question lol

First of, you picked a poor analogy with mathematics, because it's all tautologoes that amount to so much stamp collecting when divorced from empirical science. Also, I never suggested that using by using an inductive argument for a best guess, I am uninterested in deeper understanding. Are you suggesting that it's dangerous to guess about God because people might run with it?

Yes. Infinity.

Attached: 1248x864.jpg (1248x864, 265K)

Complex systems do lots of things that can't be stated more simply than "they happen". I'm not trying to say that I know that souls don't exist, but that "real instances of paranormal encounters" might not be as real as you think.

>Are you suggesting that it's dangerous to guess about God because people might run with it?
One last time, in the simplest language I'm able:
Neumann's suggestion is stupid. The fact that you can easily jump to a conclusion is not evidence that this conclusion is valid.

That's all I've been saying. Just that.

Nice.

Yeah man, relax. I'm pointing out to you that what you like to call "jumping to conclusions" is often called induction, and that it's the underlying premise of the scientific method.

Pretty contradictory logic, I think you are just trying to flex your brain in a weird environment. It's a good read but doesn't explain the nature of paranormal activity, if there wasn't such an abundance of evidence that proves your otherwise I wouldn't disagree, but that's blatantly false.

We are all psychics and if no God exists then go out to some haunted place in middle of nowhere with no lights or anything and tell me how that goes, like the underground prison crypt in France or something.

Overcomplicating things, especially emotions, is counterproductive.

God doesn't have to exist for there to be souls, but there is definitely an unexplainable aether. Whether it's the next evolutionary phases of our consciousness or stuff is still up for discussion I guess though.

>the scientific method
Get back to me when you have experimental data to support your conclusion. Without that, there is no science in your method.

none but two fingers= half prolapsed??

fucking beautiful. imagine being with that for life. reminds me of cl. same level of beauty

I do beleive in God, but I take issue with words like "paranormal". I don't think it's healthy to keep two sets of books when it comes to metaphysics. If the paranormal is here, then there is no reason to call it paranormal. Never been to France, but I have never been anywhere that I felt was haunted and am especially comfortable in isolated places.

no god

Not suggesting that I am using science to formulate my opinion on God. Induction is both older than and not synonymous with the scientific method. I mentioned the scientific method because it is underpinned by induction, a concept which you seem to have a problem with. I don't expect to find "data" on God.

The fear of infinity is a form of myopia that destroys the possibility of seeing the actual infinite, even though it in its highest form has created and sustains us, and in its secondary transfinite forms occurs all around us and even inhabits our minds.
minds.
-Georg Cantor

France example was there have been many people who try to act alpha as fuck claiming there's no God or anything, then get their tits scared off after encountering something paranormal.

Video evidence =/= human minds.

Go through a haunted house with no lights or anything pussy

Are you talking about the catacombs in Paris? I would like to visit them one day, but doubt it will be any time soon. If you're talking about something different, can you link it?

Georg Cantor was a mathematician. I don't understand what you mean by "video evidence".

Yeah, that type of setting is more of what I was referring to, if there's no God or anything then nothing should happen right? So go to some graveyard in the middle of the night with no light or anything then tell me how it goes.

There are literally thousands of video evidence of ghosts on YouTube, if there was just like three videos I would be like OK maybe these are fake, but there are obviously numerous examples showing ghosts (and otherworldly things) are real. Nukes top 5 has some good videos.

Virtue of ghosts being real implies existence of some unexplainable aether regardless of God.

>ghosts being real
>>/x/

Attached: 1579596873792.jpg (514x485, 141K)

Idk man, maybe you're right. I've just never seen anything, and the only people I know who claim to have experienced something are always vague when they describe it. Like "I heard a strange noise" or "I saw a shape"; it's all very suspect. Also a lot of serious people have looked into this HOPING to find something, and they have been disappointed.

U r not god
Drugs didnt start language

Then what did

Argument from analogy fallacy. Universe is not an artificial construct requiring a creator, like a painting

Your existence was done by your parents, not god and u still dont owe any1 anything for existing

Appeal to nature and personal incredulity fallacy

You're all missing the point holy fuck

Superposition, therefore u r wrong

>u still dont owe any1 anything for existing
You kinda do
Your parents could have easily abandoned or aborted you

"god did it" is in fact easier than actual explenation, but thats ignotum per ignotum - appeal to a bigger mistery isnt an explenation. Its also still not true

This is word salad
Consciousness doesnt drive the universe

Yeah, nah - rule of identity

>nothing can suddenly exist
>aside from my special pleading fallacy case

>therefore u r wrong
You dumb tard literally just prove me more right
vocabulary.com/dictionary/superposition

Attached: V8AikdV.png (1100x1605, 1.27M)

If there is a god, and he is all good, and all knowing, then anything we do is not our moral responsibility. Not only do we have no free will as god has already determined the sequence of events that will happen, but also everything you do, as it is chosen by god, who is good, is perfectly morally correct and good.

"god willed it"

Not sure.
Got a horrible disease recently and that community welcomes the sick.

Fucking pissed and a little sad about it.

Personal incredulity and occhams razor.
Awareness is a byproduct of brainf activity - there couldntve been brains before matter
Where did god come from?
Evolution of species and expansion of universe r nit dependent on the type of the starting event. Its an excuse for u to nit actually understand these processes

But x=x before you knew x existed

If god exists its an uncaring asshole. If not then i guess theres no point to any of this. I want to believe theres a point though. There has to be right? Where was the starting point to everything? Nothing couldnt just exist just because. Before the big bang or whatever started stuff, was everything just black nothingness? Why? How did that even come about?

You should look into your definition of explanation and reevaluate the OP. Also I'm a bit amused that you would have the audacity to pick that particular fallacy while you're tearing through a thread trying to shit on everything because you enrolled in a logic course this semester.

False dichotomy - worship is well defined and its not either of what u proposed

The fact that guessing is older than ratiocination earns you no points. The fact that the scientific method starts with guessing earns you no points because even in the method those guesses have no merit unless and until they are backed by experimental data. Scientists work to either verify their guesses or narrow the field of possibility by eliminating incorrect hypotheses. You are doing neither of those things, you're just demanding credence for your guessing for the sole reason that the other guys guess before they do all the actual work. I don't have a problem with induction, I have a problem with you asserting that you don't need to do anything other than induction in order to be validated.

Attached: wallhaven-4xojjl.jpg (2560x1600, 323K)

You're picking these at random aren't you?

>818935456
all life is subjective in so far as it guides conscious decision making (processes)

you are a schizophrenic (projection)

>Random does not exist
Deterministic universe has already been experimentally disproved. Universe is probabilistic, random does exist.

What a lame-ass equivocation fallacy. Believing in a god makes u a theist. U cant be A and ~A at once
Its like this gay-ass attempt of pope to equate all religions to say they r all correct, cuz they rly just worship 1 god. And it just so happens its our god with the explicit, specific rules to achieve salvation that u break by not following

Data collection is inductive. Go to sleep. You have school tomorrow.

So u had a baseless, wrong belief, but u hallucinated more and your lack of education convinced u its some mumbo-jumbo?
Solid science right here. Cite 1 peer-revewed study in suppirt of your bullshit

hmm i cant remeber my logic but hmm particals and waves hmm .. another words can a wave create it self yes cuase hmm time and somehting hmm will.. yea will smith is god now go there ... it takes two and you i failed my wife go fuck your dogs

Attached: wallhaven-333574.png (4522x2599, 301K)

Ironically, every religion has explicit, specific rules to achieve salvation. And he's not trying to equate all religions to say they r all correct, he's equating them to say they're all bullshit. Yes, even yours.

There r no real paranormal events

do you just have the audacity ...

Ignore the power of The Great TO?

Attached: cbd2c6c360a8202b239af624fbfc0c53.png (1200x813, 769K)

How do u know it does?
U r in a discusdion of knowledge claims, not fact claims

Why does it matter.

If there is a God or Gods, it or they arent talking. If there arent, then there aren't.

Death and fear of what may or may not happen after death is the real point here.

Death happens to us all. It is a grim but ultimate fate for us. So why fear what you know will happen? Again only two possible outcomes: either there is nothing, which would be like falling into a deep sleep with no dreams or there is something, and what an adventure that may be.

While I choose to believe there is a God or Gods, my belief isnt like organized religion which gives God or Gods names and sentience.

If God is the first atom or star, that would do for me. A true God or Gods doesnt need worship or prayer. That's hilariously stupid and arrogant of us to believe in a universe populated by potentially trillions of life forms, that we are alone and/or special.

i like to specifically point to pre-abrahamic religions. so all those people before abraham had religions for 10,000s of years but they were all wrong. even on the timescales of human civilization you would have to intentionally ignore everyone before a particular point. any god fags wanna tell me if all those billions of previous people went to hell?

Just woke up, taking this week off work because I have the flu. Are you out of ideas on how to defend Neumann's assertion that easily jumped conclusions are inherently valid? Are we just going to stoop to calling each other children, or perhaps childish names?

Tard please show evidence

Attached: 20200120_232543.jpg (1280x720, 391K)

Strawman. Just because a word is well defined doesn't mean it is correctly defined.

Blasphemer! Your professional life is starting to fall apart. That's enough for your punishment.

Attached: Combined+Fire+Eye.jpg (1000x523, 136K)

Its not induction

There r no paranormal activities, cuz theres no proof for it. We r not psychics

There isnt an unexplainable aether

The earth is only 6,000 years old. Specific lineages are given in the bible from Adam to David. Everything else is Satan.

>argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy

>not using science to learn bout whether somethings real or not
Theres your problem, dumb bitch

This is why.
youtube.com/watch?v=bwOD8dVcqpA&list=LLqaXs_Xa2ZPhRklkIV1_Qnw&index=12&t=109s

lmfao really?

>The earth is only 6,000 years old. Specific lineages are given in the bible from Adam to David. Everything else is Satan.

Christian tards I swear

Attached: Screenshot_20191223-013844_YouTube.jpg (1560x720, 242K)

i guess we're just being retards now

So to believe in god u have to be emotionally unstable, instead of rationally analize evidence?

How does attending a theme park prove god?

>God or no god

Which god do you mean? There are thousands.

Or, if you mean some kind of generic "god", please explain his attributes. Alcohol was "god" to one of my buddies. Do you mean alcohol?

Fair enough. I certainly would assume that Von Neumann came to the conclusion easily or be so disrespectful as to say that he jumped to it. At the same time, I never stayed or implied that it was a formal proof. The point I was trying to make by with the quote is that it's healthier to have an informed guess that is open to new input than to die on an anthill or give up completely.

None of the videos qualify as evidence. All the methodology is flawed.
Cite 1 peer-reviewed paper on how ghosts exist
Ghosts being real doesnt prove god either. Non-sequitur fallacy

> evidence

Literally the last 100 years of experimental physics.

I hope you're a teenager.
t. scientist

Of course we are. We're having the daily "God vs Science" argument on a mongolian finger puppet forum steeped in porn. Because if the eternal question of the existence and nature of god is ever going to be solved, surely it will be solved here amongst the BBC and loli threads.

god as an abstraction definitely exists, but no godfags, your one single god from 2000 years ago is not the correct one, sorry.

yet its mathematically impossible for living proteins to exist and none of your jesuit-catholic-billion-year-universe theories hold together when you realize that no astrophysics are factual and are all preconceived nonsense.

not all Christians my dude. I believe in science but am also a Christian by birth. The loss of faith and religion wether you believe or not has completely fucked the west. Religious groups are more ethnocentric. My personal opinion is that The universe was created by a higher power but our minds are too small to comprehend so it's silly to think our dogma has any sway with the Godhead. But straying from that dogma has completely fucked us. It was a way to shun the weirdos of society and now we are being overrun by degenerate mouthpieces. So there is a practical and societal reason for it being there.

Attached: DDj-9boWsAEqoax.jpg (1200x800, 215K)

Literally unknowable at this point in time. I don't know why this so hard for people to admit. Sure, you can lean one way or the other (personally I'm leaning towards some kind of a higher power existing) but no one knows for sure and anyone who claims to know is a huge faggot.

Evolutionary sellection of mutations leading to more complex noise-making ability coupled with increasing intelligence allowing for linking distinct sounds with objects around the animal

>So go to some graveyard in the middle of the night with no light or anything then tell me how it goes.

Yeah I live about a 3 min walk to a graveyard. We used to play hide and seek there. Later as a teenager I'd go there to jerk off. You know what I never saw?

FUCKING GHOSTS YOU BLITHERING RETARD

>living proteins
ho boy, your gonna have a tough time in AP biology

Thats already too late. U already exist at this point. U didnt ask to exist, so its not your debt - its their responsibility

>nothing more or less than an affirming a disjunct fallacy

>I believe in science but am also a Christian by birth
Tard
>The loss of faith and religion wether you believe or not has completely fucked the west.
Religion is not needed for values and morals
>now we are being overrun by degenerate
Elaborate

Attached: 1577653931303.png (518x421, 308K)

i too like to spend time in graveyards at night with buddies. my favorite is small town graveyards built next to churches that no longer exists. best part is you can piss on anything and no one will see you!

>vocabulary
Come back with physics, not dictionary

Irrelevant thesis fallacy. Prove what x is to begin with

Do darkness and cold exist?

Well, you see religion is a hierarchy , where the alpha is God, bets' males or new males cant confirm to this hierarchy and therefore act as their own God, God is objective truth, but not degenerates, they make their own truth like gender etc.
This guy puts it way better and is pretty entertaining though.

Attached: lll.jpg (290x174, 14K)

there is no evidence earth revolves around the sun. this is a 2000 year old model based on sun worship.

1729 James Bradley
Consistent Conclusion:
Aether is not carried with the Earth

1871 Airy’s Failure
Consistent Conclusion:
Stars move around Earth, the Earth doesn’t rotate.

1887 Michelson Morley Experiment
Consistent Conclusion:
The Earth is geostationary (no rotation or orbit.)

1913 Georges Sagnac
Consistent Conclusion:
Aether is real meaning relativity is impossible.

1929 Michelson Gale
Consistent Conclusion:
Aether moves along Earth every 24 hours.

No, they don't. The concept of darkness is merely the absence of light, and the concept of cold is merely the absence (or low value) of heat. Similarly, the concept of "nothing" is just the absence of "something" and not something that actually exists.

>their responsibility
So? Let me show 3 words that your parents could have said
I don't care

ad hominem gaslighting. confuse probability with possibility more.

Im sorry u took no course ever.

random is not possible. i agree that you need to cite any evidence you have that it is. i'm computer science/philosophy bachelor's graduate--one course left in both; i'd have to die not to get them--and also, i've seen the future once and it showed me that i would 1. quit my job 2. move 1200 miles 3. find a new drug dealer 4. get LSD. god showed me the night my life would reset and then it came true 6 months later. that means that we live in a recording. also, computers can't be random and i know that as a computer scientist.

>god is objective truth
the only correct thing about this is that having everyone believe it is objective will successfully unify a society, but it's still subjective in reality

Not at random

You need to btfo until you can provide solid evidence instead of just pointing to a pile of subjective definitions

Attached: 1577495702130.jpg (774x1000, 105K)

The rules r mutually exclusive. Pope didnt say they r all wrong.
I dont have a religion - u r barking up the wrong tree.

>pretty light therefore transcendent god.
you're the type of faggot that ruined the abrahamic faiths.

There's a special irony in telling someone they need to avoid subjective definitions and provide solid evidence, after supporting a semantic dispute by linking a dictionary definition.

Just thought you should know.

>Well, you see religion is a hierarchy , where the alpha is God, bets' males or new males cant confirm to this hierarchy and therefore act as their own God, God is objective truth, but not degenerates, they make their own truth like gender etc.
>This guy puts it way better and is pretty entertaining though.
This is all retarded
Im not even sure what branch of christianity you're on

Attached: 1576204030165.gif (170x200, 41K)

U didnt make a case it isnt

And none of it is true

enjoy the fire and brimstone, nihilist.

he's saying that he'd be happier as a lobotomite

>nihilist
>enjoy
>caring

Just thought you should know that you haven't provided me evidence

Attached: 988.jpg (291x335, 21K)

Ad hominem attack

I hope you correct the next person who says "It's cold" or "It's dark" to "it's not warm enough" or "It's not bright enough"
That's important to people with nothing better to do

None of what u said is true. 1st life is propositioned to have been a prion

jesus christ shit the fuck up we all know what the fallacies are you're educating NO ONE

In all seriousness I am interested in why you choose to approach discussion this way. Not asking you to doxx yourself, but what did you study/what line of work are you in?

A real nihilist would have no reason to reply

I am still learning, I believe in Christian Ideals but can't wrap my head around an infinite being limited to humanistic dogma, I think we cant begin the fathom the creator but we all still try. Again still learning.

Attached: jgjg.jpg (259x194, 6K)

God is life. I trust God with all my heart and soul.

your random quirky space theory is a bunch of preconceived jesuit propaganda. your big bang was made up by a jesuit on account of his faith(georges lemaitre). your black and white holes are a fallacious reified mathematical circle argument(stephen crother's lectures). your heliocentric model was debunked hundreds of years ago.

1729 James Bradley
Consistent Conclusion:
Aether is not carried with the Earth

1871 Airy’s Failure
Consistent Conclusion:
Stars move around Earth, the Earth doesn’t rotate.

1887 Michelson Morley Experiment
Consistent Conclusion:
The Earth is geostationary (no rotation or orbit.)

1913 Georges Sagnac
Consistent Conclusion:
Aether is real meaning relativity is impossible.

1929 Michelson Gale
Consistent Conclusion:
Aether moves along Earth every 24 hours.

Yeah, nah

Yeah, it was meant to be. Are you just trying to be a dick or is there something to this?

Amen

Its still too late - i already exist fir them to make such statements

>Christian Ideals
Such as what?
Not having buttsex?

That other user kicked your shit in already

Perhaps you speak from experience.

Attached: 1579483243342.jpg (454x549, 62K)

are you really dismissing modern physics in favour or shit from 100s of years ago?

the entire premise of darwinism is affirming the consequent. your reified theory of evolution is based on metaphysics, NOT discovery.

The opposite actually
Only a husband can enter the vagina, so anal became a loophole

Jo! I haven't seen you for ages.

For what? That u use dictionaries to define speciality terms?

Pffft so? I don't care I would leave you die in the cold, while I've thrive in my carefree life
Since no omnipotent being will judge or care, my actions are right

>appeal to stone fallacy
spineless faggot.

redemption, forgiveness, hierarchy, peace, love, Even though I know God is infinite so he would be good and bad, he would be everything, similar to the Hindu brahma and brahman or the doaist TAO.

Attached: taoist Christian.png (188x268, 2K)

I am. And im pointing out u r wrong

>appealing to age
truth does not change with age.

Whats wrong with the approach?
Im a psychologist, methodology and logic r mandatory subjects

There's more to sex than just penetration unless you mean purely for procreation purposes

you completely ignore the fact that heliocentrism is >2000 yrs old

fuck me, you're more retarded than the user who said earth is 6000 years old

Life is life. God is god. Lifes not god

there probably are beings that have technology that seems advanced enough to appear to be gods...
maybe we will evolve enough to conquer our limitations and flaws and live like our gods...

but gods like in our religions? you would have to be intellectually disabled to believe in their existence and eventual arrival/return to earth
- me , 2020.

Word to the wise; sometimes random individuals can chime in. It's safe to say that the diction between me and user are different enough, that it should be hard to mistake either of us for one another. And it still stands that it's pretty farcical for you to have said what you said earlier to them. Regardless of whether they offer up on evidence, the irony is still there.

In fact, this whole thing is a bit off. Why is user supposed to provide evidence, again? I too believe that the universe is inherently deterministic, but after giving user's paragraph a once-over, I'm not sure I understand what they're supposed to provide you with. One makes a claim, the other makes a claim... and neither of them have provided proof.

Par for the course. Regardless, user claims that God cannot exist because there's too much universe, and the universe is too random to have been designed. So, the premise here is that the universe wasn't designed, and God can't exist because nature is too damn scary. You seem to claim the opposite. Nature is knowable, and... and what? user's primary talking point seems to have been that the universe wasn't designed by God. Secondary to that, is whatever user used to justify his claim. And you're objecting to the latter, so you must want proof that the universe is too random.

I watched user throw out a random term, and then you used a dictionary to... I'm not even sure what I saw happen. What about the semantics of superposition prove that the universe isn't random, again? Not that I'm sure it proved it was random to begin with, but it definitely made for some irony.

Your arguments r invalid

Hahahahahaha. Spastic.

wish i could gibe you gold kind redditor

So are you gonna show data to prove randomness? Or are you going to keep fingering your ass until it randomly bleeds

Attached: 1576211784336.jpg (500x500, 32K)

>gaslighting
>ad hominem fallacy
>appeal to stone fallacy

No1s proposing darwinism. We have better, more refined and in-depth theories now. And yes, it is based in discovery.

>gas lighting
>appeal to stone fallacy
>ad hominem fallacy

U rly dont understand

user's lexicon comes from here.

Attached: bookonline-critical-thinking-skills-for-dummies-by-martin-cohen-download-free-ebooks-online-1-638.jp (638x903, 144K)

Thanks for the reply. Nothing is wrong with the approach. It's just that I see this kind of stuff on line, but never in normal life. Never met a scientist or engineer who argues that way. Take it easy, and hope you feel better soon.

Deluded idiot

>redemption, forgiveness, hierarchy, peace, love
All of that can be found without god
And why the hell would anyone want hierarchy?

Attached: TNKDSJN.png (1280x1236, 864K)

>Posted on a phone reliant on satellite tech
Cretin

>seething

I believe in God the Father, Creator of the Universe. I believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God. I believe in the Holy Spirit, who lives and reigns in the glory of the Father and the Son. Holy Trinity, One Eternal God. Amen.

share with us why you think the universe is inherently deterministic user? im on the fence about it

proven the first life form was a prion then. oh wait you can't because it's not based on discovery, just theory.

We can't know nor should we.

Attached: 1367659210409.jpg (1848x1218, 364K)

because then you get chaos. I dont want chaos
Also you cannot prove there would be moral without religion. It is an impass that I doubt you will convince me of.

Amen

discovery and theory are not opposing terms.. all science is based on theories

>hidden variable theory was eventually disproved by John Bell, who showed that there are lots of experiments that cannot have unmeasured results. Thus the results cannot be determined ahead of time, so there are no hidden variables, and the results are truly random

Sad attempt at passive aggression at the end there

Everyone who posts on Cred Forums is going to hell regardless of affiliation

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

No what you don't understand is that your parents made a choice to raise you
Your mother decided to wait nine fucking months
So yes you own them respect for the sacrfices they made for the security of your existence
Now Im not saying this is the case for each family
Orphans, abused childern, societal pressures of the family image definitely are things were gratitude can not be expressed

99% of the internet is through underwater cables. all of geostationary satellite functions can be done with weather balloons.
Cretin

i suspect 30/40 people here just want to e-fight and signal their faith. engage in the discussion.

The well wishing or the holier than thou part? Cause I am 100% sincere on the well wishing and more than a bit abashed that I really didn't take formal logic and couldn't deal. All the best.

Attached: checkmate.jpg (453x453, 58K)

deflection. prove that the prion was the first life form.

sciencemag.org/news/2015/03/researchers-may-have-solved-origin-life-conundrum

>chaos
There are many other forms of ruling
>moral without religion
Yeah me
People that lived before religion

Attached: 1575962753207.png (854x806, 440K)

>gaslighting
>ad hominem fallacy
>appeal to stone fallacy

seems like those who believe rather think that he's capable but unwilling, and that it's a good thing. humans are sinners, must be punished etc

>gaslighting
>ad hominem fallacy
>appeal to stone fallacy

>God or no god. Why?
Our answers don't matter, the nature of reality is not subjective.

Attached: Never forghetti...png (494x494, 324K)

U dumb fuck, it doesnt matter what decision they made. I didnt ask to exist, its not a debt to any1. They r responsible for the life they create

How do I owe someone something for something he/she did for him/herself?

Thats like saying that by getting an animal from an animal shelter that animals owes you its life because you safed it. It didnt have a choice.

>geostationary
>weather balloons
>wind
Top kek, you baggy cunt.

The well-wishing. I didnt say im not well. I didnt need some1s pity implying im hurt

i don't think they were. but evolution is pretty easily provable even with existing evidence like how donkeys and horses can mate because they share a common ancestor which we can date to a particular period

Discussion with what? Bold, baseless assertion?

You dont need a god to not be a subhuman piece of garbage, on the other hand, lots of people justified being a subhuman piece of garbage by saying that their god told them to be and therfore can only be just.

that's not proof, that's a theory based on evolution. the bottom of the article even says it's just an unproven theory.

Sorry I thought you were the other user who said he had the flu. Regardless, it was fun.

Its fine - my argument stands last as unrefuted

cringe nihilism but the latter half is true.

yea i'm sure there is rough winds 120k feet up LOL cope.

it's worth noting that many many cancer treatments would not work if our understanding of evolution isn't correct.

that's not proof, that's the formal fallacy 'affirming the consequent'. just because you observe a few mechanics of your christian theory doesn't make it real.

Who makes you just?

Talk about responsibility
Well if we play through your logic neither of your parents ask for you to be born, yet here you are demanding security

Attached: 20200120_232625.jpg (1280x720, 309K)

not just treatments too, also diagnostic methods. they absolutely require that evolution did and still does happen.

yet more people die from cancer treatments than from cancer.

Not only is it not based on evolution, it also doesnt say its an unproven theory

i refuted your argument with 5 conclusive experiments. cope lol.

Sry to u too, then

journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0469(1960)017<0296:TMOWBA>2.0.CO;2

Coping, dickhead.

BRAF and other mutation diagnostics do require evolution to be true. you're lucky a doctor will still treat you despite not believe in what saves your life

You make memes?
Israel will fall into the hands of gypsy and Palestine!

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 222K)

You know we'd be friends if we met.

Good finally the rightful owners will receive thier land

Attached: 1578593278699.jpg (720x714, 65K)

direct quotes
>Could life have kindled in that common pool? That detail is almost certainly forever lost to history.
>the new work does not prove that this is how life started
LOL

INFECT YOURSELVES WITH AIDS AND LEARN HOW TO HACK THE GOVERMENT TOP SECRET NUKE ADDRESSES FROM THEIR SERVERS ISRAEL. BREED DESTRUCTION

Attached: tenor (1).gif (220x240, 204K)

citation needed

They did by not aborting and u r still incapable of reaching the start line for this argument

RECRUIT AUTISTIC PEOPLE AS HACKERS.

Abiogenesis isnt evolution. U 2 r barking up the wrong tree

The princess that took care of Moses fucked him and fucked behind his back. She promised children to his people while they were being tortured. He had a smole peepee.

Think about this, why do no women want to receive the question, are you a virgin? Especially pretty people

I remain scientifically sceptical bout that :)

i'd rather just laugh at people like you when i receive your case then. if you refuse treatment i'd laugh even harder. medical professionals who practice won't for long if they're anti modern science. that's why you pay me for treatment when you're sick and i'd never go to you

God is a derivative from the goths of the middle ages

>Astronomy
>Evolutionary theory
>Geophysics
>History
>Common sense

B-b-b-but it's all a satanic conspiracy, desu. My preacher told me it was all literally true when I was nine while I was sucking his dick. Why would he lie?

Religiously positive?
You are all full of unbelief!
You will all go to hell!
Remember the whip from the Egypt times
Hell is absolute for all of you!
Receive this sign of the Messiah, the whip behind the left eye

unbelief isnt a word

Moses was castrated and his balls were eaten!
We know because the neftiri wanted to kill him as well for it

Shit your pants Palestine

>not god and u still dont owe any1 anything for existing
Well I'll be extremely thankful for my creation
That alone is enough
Wouldn't you?

When you realize your dumber than most people in this thread because engaging in a heavily contested argument on /b of all places.

Attached: It's_All_So_Tiresome.png (1022x731, 643K)

it's almost like none of these people had an education

Salem was three, in Estonia the first Salem, Tallinn
In Sweden the second Salem. At that time the water levels were much higher
In America, Salem

deflection. still no citation to be found.

Fatherhood is like the sower of the enemy you don't underestimate

I did actually know one single dude who made it into the field despite being religious, he was fired for being a moron within the year.

Yes, we cant go back in time, so its lost

Its another viable option. Now we have many to choose from and its hard to pinpoint which is the actual 1. And if its nit that particular, how does it prove god?

God is like a devil but much worse. Pray for him to punish you.
I will let you know Mandingo is a serial killer
I will let you know Trump bought Ivanka as a child slave off the internet

Its still irrelevant thesis fallacy

Not even once, fag

Putin is more justified than the whole of Israel for calling himself an angel
Your enemy's enemies are your friends but your friends are not your friends. Do not trust even yourself

Attached: 57788bff2bbcd7d91b59443d1faa55db.jpg (650x366, 30K)

Miracles are such that they don't have the ring of everyday life

Attached: spiderman.jpg (231x218, 8K)

Attached: lllll.gif (498x322, 1.3M)

sounds like god isn't a very nice fella

Fallacyfag btfo

Recruit the bullied and make them get into the secret servers of countries. Leak information into enemy hands
Be anonymous

Attached: Hay.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

>putin angel
>poland caused ww2

You only wanted me to not believe!
Aren't you supposed to be loving your brothers?

Such a pity your arguments r invalid and u cant do anything bout

Attached: 2a1f9b3d92ccc0d7bf7629c3d751dfce.jpg (680x507, 40K)

Everybody hates Israel but nobody cares to mention the gypsy, the nigger and the arab!
TempleOS Is a good SOURCECODE for hacking.
Many files are inspirational at
templeos.org
This guy was a Jew. He was stolen by Gypsy and sold to America

Carly Rae Jepsen is AIDS infected and just found out.
She is not jew

good to see Terry is still active

Fuck off with that delusional faggit and his os meme

Who is a New?
Not him who calls himself a Jew but him who does the will of God
He is kind and responds on Cred Forums, expecting no answer

His soul is in every seeking Jew
Shut up Trump!
Dick cheese sucker on u

A Jew is somebody that knew he was on the phone

Since bump limit is reached im.just going to call you a tard nigger with latent homosexuality

Attached: 1579555174964.jpg (575x766, 63K)

I was born without foreskin
My penis is hardened naturally
Anybody who has seen it unerect will be beaten down by me, in groups if I must.
Terry Davis was the creator of Windows but Bill Gates stole the SOURCECODE.
He proved it by making a better OS.
TempleOS, SOMETHING EVERY READ JEW HATES

U can stop projecting now too

FUCKING PALE SUBHUMAN YOU'LL NEVER REACH DIVINITY

Attached: 1575975414457.jpg (322x350, 35K)

Why? Bill Gates said he was a Jew and didn't believe it!
Thank God I ain't using Microsoft phone. They are logging his name so he can save his own ass.
Thank you google!
Bill Gates doesn't believe in hell on earth

Welcome to hell, China knows who I am!
China owns google

Ching chong ping leeee cchhinnnggg

cope harder

Many people, living and dead, have said their piece on it. Philosophers, physicists, mathematicians, theologians, and more. But the task of convincing you of what I merely believe, would be an especially daunting task on Cred Forums.

I'd have to go and dredge up all kinds of things just to make the case. So, here's the level of effort I see fit to give.

Let's revisit quantum theory. The prevailing attitude, when quantum theory came around, was that the universe was indeterministic. Even in light of the fact that "God does not play dice". The notion of not being able to measure the velocity of particle when you know its current position, and vice versa, took hold in the public's mind.

So, there are things like this.
phys.org/news/2016-03-physicists-extreme-violation-local-realism.html
In essence, some things seem to violate our commonsense expectations. The Copenhagen interpretation is what people usually think of, when they imagine an observer or an event determining an outcome. Something happens, and then the wave-function collapses, and you only have a definite outcome after the fact, but not before. Before that, everything is supposed to be equally possible and indefinite. Probable.

But, it's also important to note that phenomenon in quantum mechanics haven't been observed in macroscopic systems. Entropy leads one way. People don't vanish faster than the speed of light once their alarm goes off. Glasses of water aren't superpositioning over mugs of coffee. So there's already a constant here. There are laws. Laws, of nature. If you tried to fight a brick wall by attempting to phase through it as a normal human being, you'd lose every time.

So, you might not be able to determine a particle's current position, if you have its velocity. But, you never are able to do that; the act of doing it will cause the remaining variables to become indefinite. That's consistent. In fact, that mechanic is consistent for every physical theory that you can explain in a formulaic fashion. It's called non-commutativity. Think of it this way: 2-3 isn't the same as 3-2. You get different results.

But consider 2-2. That won't matter, you'll always get 0. Then consider 2-x. There's no telling what that variable is, how are you supposed to know the answer without more information?

And that's just it.

You can't. It may just be that our ignorance and bias contributes to the reflex of perceiving randomness. We want the world to make sense, don't we? So, we may assume that the things we don't know, are things that can never be known- without knowing that for sure. But, you know that if I gave you a proper equation, you could figure out what x is. And x would still be part of the equation. At face value, there would still be an unknown quantity present. You'd have to solve for it to know what it was- it wouldn't just say 2.

The universe can't just be random, because you can't see anything. That's absurd, if you're the kind of person to claim that there is a universe out there to be in, and regularly know where you hands are, at all times. Think about it this way: when everything is defined, and there are literally no unknowns, there are also literally no unexpected outcomes. If you had to calculate the probability of something, you could. You would. And you'd never not be able to, unless something was missing or indeterminate.

It doesn't help that sometimes the popular aspects of quantum field theory read like asking the wrong questions. But, science doesn't exist to confirm our biases.

In the end, I merely believe something.

very informative post, thanks for the time user

thanks, i've thought about it in a much simpler way since i don't know as much about physics. I see tiny viral components under a microscope, and they use chemo-taxis to get around and find food, there's no brain involved from them. slightly larger bacteria at least have a nucleolus to control things, but can we say this counts as free will? i've felt determanistic because as i scale up to larger life forms it's hard to draw the line in what we really have choices over, but almost everyone does draw the line of free will somewhere.