Students of Cred Forums, what are you studying these days...

Students of Cred Forums, what are you studying these days? I'm studying computer science and I'm trying to wrap my head around multithreading and multicore systems.

Attached: 751399719b36f8fbf8077112b74a1a8b.jpg (480x473, 56K)

Philosophy. I'm doing a year abroad at Cambridge right now. Heading back home to the US in a few months.

Business management. Sucks fucking ass but whatever

Dental school. Should be going to bed for class but fuck it

I'm wanting to go for linguistics.

data science

I cannot fucking believe people get paid 6 figures for this crap, practically all you do is write 3 lines of code and wait for the computer to do its thing

Attached: 7l4k1ttnic941.jpg (750x414, 42K)

Same, but understanding it is hard. Tom of math behind ML too

What class are you taking for multithreading? I’m wondering if I should take an operating systems class or something more low level

I'm studying OP and i have come to the conclusion that he is a faggot

lol math

my entire method is basically google

also it disturbs me that the exact same methods can be used to generate images as well as detect credit card fraud, among other things

Attached: xheqa0mlc6n31.jpg (640x491, 61K)

Geology, mostly physical hydrogeology. Finishing my MA this semester. Plan on going to grad school OP? Very lucrative field you've chosen.

pharmacy
calc 2 is raping my buttocks like theres no tomorrow, I am bound to fail entry level math and I am ashamed as most attendees pass by having a large cheat sheet, but I don't follow
since it's free education I'll stay another semester for the botany, my favourite, before I drop out
I may be overqualified for my trade job but I preffer being the big fish in a small pond more than being in a larger pond with even bigger fish I fail to compare to

I'm bravely struggling against the problems I made myself
I study two courses at the same time: French philology/language and History

You use Krieging and/or Principle Component Analysis for anything as a data scientist? Pretty much all my days are spent doing raw data analysis collected from a few days in the field, and I kind of dig it.

It's an Operating Systems class, currently studying from this book.

Attached: 51t52QCaxNL.jpg (350x500, 40K)

Computer Science graduate degree.
I don't even know why, I don't even like it.

You do you breh, I just don’t care for these fucks that have PhDs in whatever and think they can do data science. I’ve taken grad level ML and completed undergrad stats, but theyre physicists or some shit and somehow I’m competing with them for a job

>multithreading and multicore systems.
are you fucking kidding me?

Fucking marketing shit.
Got class in 6 hours. Must stop ph9ne posting.

I am not really a statistician, my focus has been more algorithmic and business-minded, I'm really just intending on learning enough so I can pick out the pieces necessary to create consumer applications that will, uh, "hasten the apocalypse," you might say

Attached: tumblr_o32o0umHF91ucuekgo1_500.jpg (500x320, 26K)

Currently getting my PhD in cancer biology with my focus being in cellular aging. Just spend the whole day making mouse embryonic fibroblasts which sucks dick, overall it's a very interesting field.

my background is actually philosophy and and economics, I have no background in traditional computer science or mathematics past basic statistics, I just want to learn enough so I can pull stunts like that algorithm for generating nudes from pictures of girls in bikinis, but at a grander scale

Attached: greta1.jpg (132x143, 4K)

Dont think this way. Calc 1&2 are weed out classes. Literalky the hardest it gets. Just focus like 10% more energy per week into understanding the material, via office hours, reworking hw until its right, and going through your noted with professors and TAs and it'll all come to you. Math isnt hard. Its the mental block that prevents people from passing. You will seriously not touch calc again as a pharm, until like grad school or senior level capstone classes.

Chemistry, got BTFO at the exam but I can retake it in summer

Dont plz

Based, that's a very noble aim.

medicine ... just passed an exam 2h ago. Have another one in 3 days

Why?

three days into the semester and you're already "trying to wrap your head around multithreading and multicore systems"? what course are you taking? you sound like a total beginner or near graduation because total beginners are given demos but not everyone even takes "parallel".

I hate people with a burning passion. I was almost a school shooter, then I realized I can get away with causing untold harm to billions of people for countless generations, all legally and without anyone even detecting the moral implications of my products. technology is Satan bro, don't delude yourself thinking you're not just a servant of Mammon.

Attached: 333prog.jpg (392x156, 8K)

thank you user... pleasure and prosperity to you

Attached: 444.jpg (624x192, 19K)

i'm one course from a philosophy bachelor's. i took the courses for easy As alongside computer science (i'm not OP. i'm still wondering if OP is an idiot.) they told me to complete the degree so i will. one time i was randomly chatting with the advisor and i mistook the degree as a bachelor's of science and she said "no, it's a BA. there's no BS in philosophy."

i burst out laughing later. "there's no BS in philosophy" is a golden quote.

philosophy/computer science is a based combo

Eurofag here, the new semester is yet to start so it's basically exam period now.

I have one on Thursday, hate all this revision shit.

why thank you, but I'm afraid you have me mistaken
I am a vane and prideful person, I've always been the top shit everywhere I went, but I've always been in shit schools amongst shitty people
the math isn't really hard, I figured derivations days before my SATs since I just didn't have them taught at my hs, I refused any and all classes outside of the mandatory school ones
I don't even need to learn calc 2 at all, the system is so utterly broken we are permitted all kinds of cheat sheets in nearly unlimeted amount, I'd be a fool to fail but I hate using cheat sheets, I ABSOLUTELY HATE BEING BELOW OTHERS
maybe it stems from my childhood issues where I'd always be left alone and ever since I've been seeking that sweet sweet nectar of being congratulated for figuring everything on my own and being the best at it despite being self taught
I'm sorry for going into the ramble but I lack discipline and proper education, and it shows, but I can't help it, despite having more friends more money and more social interaction than ever before I'm more depressed and unmotivated for anything since no amount of my self education will ever come close to those educated by trained proffesionals

italofag here, i study translation from/into german, spanisch and french.
got 3 french exams and a history of translation exam in a couple of weeks

et ça marche avec le français?

Attached: 43da32975b3df42a9ba6647eaec27dcd.jpg (600x520, 62K)

Attached: OOB.jpg (480x473, 142K)

"Arts" major with a focus on 2D and 3D animation here and minor in vocal production

that's some Robocop 2 shit