What is your stance on teaching children to use firearms?

What is your stance on teaching children to use firearms?

Attached: download (10).jpg (275x183, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oGCKFzGAfQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

never heard of it before. i like it. ill teach my 13 year old autistic son to shoot my revolver.

dumb as fuck

kids gonna follow in your footsteps but actually shoot everyone because they have guns and know how to use them

If they can afford to die. Sure.

No different to teaching them how to swim. Preparation, education and comfort prevents tragedy. Also just good parenting.

Dying is free, government boys dont want that because they can't tax you.

Living pays.

positive, no join in here and help hurt youtube:

Absolutely. Everyone should know how to protect themselves. If you start young and teach them to respect firearms, and should they ever come Into contact with one unsupervised, they will know how to handle them safely.

Absolutely. It works. Start them at 10-12 years old. Teach them proper firearm safety and to respect a firearm. Have them hunt and kill an animal. They will learn to respect and understand what a firearm is capable of. I live in an area where all kids are shooting and hunting by the age of 12. They don't play with guns, they don't fantasize about killing. They become responsible gun owners.

Negative, must hurt you instead.

Attached: Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 12.52.09 AM.png (379x581, 35K)

not all our kids are autistic fucks.

Teach them young and often. Let them explore and shoot as much as they want under supervision, but teach them NOT TO TOUCH ANY GUN without an adult present. By giving them free access anytime they want, with supervision, you kill the curiosity that could lead to disaster.

You can teach your kid to hunt with a gun.
This will teach them the importance/fragility of life and where their food comes from, an imperative survival technique, and the power of guns and gun safety.

After you know they understand and learned enough to pass on themselves, there is no point to carry on hunting.

Not in America. Dying is profitable.

I'm against, kids can have trouble managing recoil on useful caliber weapons, and handles are too big for them most of the time
I'm in favor of teaching them position weaponry however, like heavy machineguns, rocket launchers or mortars, they need less physical strength and favorise teamwork and cooperation

Its good to be informed on anything that can cause harm

They should use a smaller caliber

Attached: 0D10BF40-BB40-47BF-B659-9A00D795120C.gif (500x381, 356K)

I think it's hot and therefore should be allowed.

Start them young and it removes any hint of novelty. Once the concept of firearms are commonplace in a kid's head they're no more exciting or dangerous than a hammer. Could one misuse it? In a heartbeat. Will it be because of horseplay or anger? Far far less likely

Then you get riddled full of lead.

I'd definitely teach my kids to shoot pedophiles trying to take advantage of them.

I believe all children should be taught how to make a firearm safe, ie taking the magazine out and putting the safety on. Teaching them to actually fire it, that should be the responsibility of their parents or legal guardian.

As small as they are they seem to be better on crew weapons, a mortar would be a better fit.

You don't give a five-year-old a 1911 and turn them loose, you know. You don't need to start anyone out with a useful calibre anyway -- get them used to the concept first and work them up. I'm way more concerned about hearing damage and making sure you can get proper hearing protection for a child.

A .22 pistol has very weak recoil.

Why does this child have peace symbols all over her jacket while firing a life-ending weapon?

>implying fashion ever makes any kind of rational sense

teach your kids how to start fires properly
teach your kids how to use sharp objects (scissors/knives) properly
teach your kids how to use roads and parking lots properly
teach your kids how to swim
teach your kids how to use firearms properly
teach your kids how to use drugs properly
teach your kids how to have sex properly
teach your kids or someone else will.

Lol you're fucking retarded like you're kid. We're talking about normal people

Wow u so smart

They should learn but should not have access to firearms outside of a government declared emergency or training.

Nationalism and the protection of your homes has its place but children or even adults should not be walking the streets armed.

Attached: 1580265242360.jpg (496x480, 27K)

crew served weapons until ~12
>mounted design negates the child's low strength
>promotes teamwork
once they are big and strong enough to hold a rifle and withstand the recoil work on marksmanship and individual movement in a squad

That child definitely appears to be lacking strength.

i think most kids should be taught at least the basics in firearm handling and safety, at least in America. It may lower the incidence of accidents and gives children the knowledge on how to avoid unsafe situations relating to firearms. I'm also for teaching how to shoot, at least with a basic low powered rifle like a Ruger 10/22, if he/she shows me they can handle that responsibly enough, then i'll slowly introduce the more fun stuff as they get older

kids are retarded. anyone under the age of 30 shouldn't be allowed anything more dangerous than a bowl of cereal. they're failed crops.

This. Any other answer is bluepilled and gay.

Respect for the tool.
Respect for life.
I had to teach myself proper firearm safety in an attempt to get my parents to bring me hunting.
That never happened, fucking townies... but I can still poke holes in paper with enough accuracy to trust myself in a survival sutuation.

Teaching children the proper and safe way to handle dangerous things that exist in our world is an important parental duty.
Gun safety is important, ive taught my children and we shoot on the weekends when we can.

have you been around kids in the past 15 years? seriously, they're all broken. every single one has some kind of mental defect and whatever cognisance is left after that is totally crippled by their feelhard lib parents. the damage is so severe by the time they're 3 that you might as well throw them in the trash and try again.

>t. Europoor

Joke's on you, that's my fetish.

Come on over then user, meet my daughter and her AR15

Attached: mWt5gJeg.jpg (728x409, 42K)

Biggest part of teaching your children to handle a weapon is respect. Obviously Amerifag here but, Her Majesty the Queen just went out shooting. She loves it.

Same fag here. At 93, Lizzy is the best! Good save the Queen.

The queen shoots peasants all the time, it's a royal perogative.

Reported to the FBI for facilitating sexual acts involving children. Enjoy prison.

God save the Queen.

OH.he won't be meeting her.

My 8 year old is getting her first .22 rifle this year for her 9th bday and my 4 year old can use a .22 rifle and will get hers in 4 years or so.

Teaching a child respect for firearms should happen between 4-8 and they should have a .22 at 9. Ots how me and my family have been raised as long as anyone can remember

Thank you for doing your part.

Are you suggesting You're a peasant? Do you have weight to lose our are you starving?

They're peasants, absolutely no one cares.

We will contact you shortly. Have a nice day.

Any of you guys get shit from other people for teaching your kids to use guns?

American's are easy to shoot, bigger targets.

You should, but you should also make sure they are responsible.

I"ve had people call the cops on me for taking my kid out shooting targets and uploading photos of it on my facebook.

besides that, no not really. most people tend not to bother me much.

Nope i live in a semirural Minnesota town... Like 20k people and most are of the same mindset.

>minnesota

man user I'm jealous, I live in cali and most people here would want you thrown in a nut house for wanting to have a gun.

So stereotypical

Check my dubs

Nice try, now you're to be shot by every gun owner in this thread.

Fuck man move to colorado. Gtfo of that shithole

way ahead of ya, I'm thinking Wyoming however.

Also a nice place. Just get to a sane state where hunting and guns and respect are respected

teaching them shooting is fine. You give a em .22 bolt action because they're dumb kids, not a fuckin sub machine gun.

why not? I shot full autos when I was 10 and did fine.

because they dont know how to manage recoil yet. people have actually died from accidents this way.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oGCKFzGAfQ0

*cough* bullshit *cough*

he was standing really close, when I was shooting everyone was behind me.

Oh and I wasn't a scrawny 9 year old girl.

Recoil isnt a problem with shoulder support.

you cant expect proper form from children, because they're children. Like I said, with appropriate weapons teaching children to shoot is fine. Im not going to put myself, my child or anyone else at risk by doing otherwise because Im not a white trash moron. There is nothing a fully automatic weapon can reach you about shooting that a .22 rifle or handgun can't.

>you can't expect proper form

you can if you show them you derp.

no you can't, because they're children. they don't always behave. You clearly don't have children.

I don't have children, but I was a child and I was behaved I followed instructions and did what I was told.

Its a good thing you don't, since their safety would not be a priority for you. Good luck convincing a woman to have any with these attitudes. She'd have to a lot dumber than you, gonna be a tough search.

If you have nothing more to argue then go away.