Why the fuck are normies so obsessed with granite counters

Why the fuck are normies so obsessed with granite counters

Attached: Wild-Horse-Ridge-Alaskan-White-3-e1528994628444.jpg (1000x667, 138K)

I was literally just thinking this today

Attached: 1580273077580.png (1920x1080, 155K)

beats trashy plastic counters
wood > all though

idk, super rich jew and I have formica countertops

Attached: 1549338351808.gif (220x292, 1.05M)

Well i don't know about granite countertops, but the granite sinks are actually quite nice. They're easier to clean.

Because you can put hot stuff on it and it won't damage the counter top. Also looks really nice and easy to keep clean.

Kill yourself.

What kind of countertop would you prefer...

Is it cause stone counter tops are closely related to stone alters and woman are still kinda witches but they got programmed or some shit and they just disassociate and make their husband slaves buy them

Attached: 1580267207203m.jpg (576x1024, 50K)

This

I'd prefer glass honestly

Or crystal like rose quartz or something

Opal if anything

Linoleum detected.

Noooo

it's because the granite cartels fucking excel at marketing. coldspring, polycor, WS co.
all have managed to shape the american zeitgeist into granite fanaticism. granite isn't the only fucking rock that makes good countertops. every fucking useful property of granite is exhibited in other materials, many often cheaper, lighter, and easier to process. but, like diamonds and valentine's day, advertisers have a fucking vice grip on the testicles of the american psyche.

Water/heat/scratch proof. Can work dough and do other food stuff on it.
show me the better alternative that is actually cheaper.

silicate ("quartz") countertops are the obvious counter. granite is a porous rock, with something like 70% SiO2, providing most of the structural integrity.
a "quartz" countertop is a composite made of 95% SiO2 grains and a binder. sealed, eco, light, cheap, heat resistant, hard, impermeable, chemical resistant.
retard mommy blogs will bark "oh the heat resistance not as good as granite" which is a load of horseshit. the fucking epoxy they put in silicate counters can go into fucking furnaces. maybe if you're forging metal on your counter, it might be an issue, but you can put your fucking 350F lasagna on it no problem.

Most quartz counters are more expensive than the average granite

Great post in a great thread.

How much does that shit cost though? And how many average contractors will even have it as an option?

"most cars are more expensive than motorcycles"
the difference between a cheap quartz countertop and an expensive one is aesthetics. the actual material properties do not change.

>show me the better alternative that is actually cheaper.
dekton makes nice manufactured rock, I have no idea about the price though

Where I live, quartz is cheaper than granite

Point is they asked for a cheaper alternative and you provided a more expensive one. Can say the same about granite, cheap is the same as more expensive except for looks/rarity