Felt something was off for a while, went to a psychiatrist and he diagnosed me with depression...

felt something was off for a while, went to a psychiatrist and he diagnosed me with depression. Said I should get on medication immediately. Can anyone tell me if life without depression is better.

Attached: Paul McCartney.jpg (1370x2037, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NUkG_WOLKkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if i miss a day with my meds, i start daydreaming about leaping from the building i work in.

it is the best part of my day.

Life without depression, and with the right mindset, is the best thing ever. Endless opportunity, endless fun, endless beauty. Seriously, get some fucking meds in you and read some tony robbins. “Oh but that’s normie shit!” Who gives a fuck, it’s better than being a miserable fuck

Life without depression is better. You actually like... do stuff. And not just fap to bullshit and go to work. I mean you start to actually compete in the hierarchy of society. If you don't suck, you start to win and soon enough, you're at the top of your little local hierarchy.

Once that shit happens, you actually start feeling like you're sorta kinda important and that gives you 1. meaning and 2. momentum to become more and more important. Soon enough you're confident, fucking bitches left and right, you work a job you actually fucking like and you start to get healthy. All of which allows for even more hedonism and fun times.

Get on meds. Get your life together. Go out and start making meaning and you can ditch the meds in a few years or whatever when you're alpha as fuck.

How do I upvote on Cred Forums

I was on Zoloft for a while, the initial period before it starts working is terrible, then it stopped working for me and the period after you stop taking it is even worse. I'd rather just live with depression

there is no such thing as an anti-depressant, they are nothing more than a dodgy chemical placebo. Cure your depression by stop being a loser the drugs won't save you

one of the dumbest things i've ever read

Still haven't kicked the depression and completely fixed my life, but after I got on a daily maintenance med I've stabilized a lot more. My lows aren't quite as low, suicidal ideation has slowed down.

The Buddha nailed it: life is suffering. But it doesn't have to suck as bad as it does right now.

Do not ditch your meds. This is bad advice. I thought I would be better off if I stopped my meds and life has been pretty shit. I somehow went five years without them. I just recently got back on them and I'm desperate for them to start working again so I can feel normal. I don't ever plan on stopping them

>compete in the hierarchy of society
That existence sounds emptier than weed, booze, and beating off. I don't require compliance with a social structure to validate my existence.

Absolutely correct

This. I started taking it late last year. It seemed to help for a couple months, but then I was feeling like I did before. I wasn't about to go through all the bullshit of continuously upping the dose, so I weaned myself off.
Keeping yourself busy, and trying to eat right and exercise will do a lot more noticeable good than pills.

You'll feel better when you stomp a tranny to death

>The Buddha nailed it: life is suffering

and yet people take this very simple concept and spin to mean something good, when it's not meant to mean anything good at all

>spin to mean something good
>*confused_nigger_with_question_marks.jpg*
I'm interested to hear this jujitsu. How's that work?

That existence sounds emptier than weed, booze, and beating off.

How sad. All that you mentioned is escapism from a reality that holds 10,000x the amount of possibilities.

Why don't you volunteer abroad? It's quite amazing.

Good for you. I prefer to make tons of money doing what I love, get drunk with friends who respect me, smoke with groups of spiritual seekers/artists and fuck beautiful women instead of being a lonely beta cuck. Fuck validation. You don't play because everyone else is playing, you play to fucking win.

you've never seen those gay little stickers on people's cars with that smiley faggot smiling a big smile and it says "life is suffering" underneath him?

Not arguing the latter isn't empty. Just that the former is emptier.

>Cred Forums or psychiatrist for recommendation

You and your anti-vaxxer cohort deserve what you get

I think you belong on Cred Forums if you think that's what I'm asking you stupid fucking faggot

You need money to volunteer lol

>Can anyone tell me if life without depression is better.

... of course it is, man. Take your meds, get out of the house and find some passions. Life is good, and worth living.

>win
Everyone gets the same prize in the end: cessation and decomposition. As long as you're deriving value from what you do, good on you.
I live in Hippie McLiberalville, and never seen a one. Shit, I work for a company that should carry such and we don't.

> Can anyone tell me if life without depression is better.

Oh I know exactly what you're asking nigger

No you don't

>WOOFing

>diagnosed with depression
>was on meds
>felt worse so I stopped taking them
>still want to an hero
>some asshole in a /cig/ thread tells me, before i off myself to just visit an orthodox church because I have nothing to lose even though I wasnt even religious
>that was 2 years ago, now I'm baptized into the church
I still struggle, but I found a true community and it wasn't a bunch of "Christian only on sundays" faggots.

but do you have tattoos or wear clothes that are made of more than one material lol

you fucking pussy, you never had real problems if that bullshit actually helped you

Sadly can’t say, but I love the Maca picture you posted :)

you will never have a life without depression, it follows you like a bad fart forever, idiots who say "just dont be sad!" are clueless, its a chemical imbalance, meds will only make you reliant on meds for a pick-me-up.
what you need is to find the small chips of good in the olympic pool of bullshit that is life, and keep swimming for them....or decide that its not worth it, and off yourself in a clean way so they can dispose of you without too much difficulty.
just gotta keep your head above shit level and keep swimming...you and i may never get out of it, but its possible to survive.

hmmm a "psychiatrist" did the hard work of medicating you into laziness and befuddlement for a big fat fee for him/her and a big pharma ceo that will buy another mansion. you're not too smart are you? enjoy your life as a zombie with the same problems you always had.

>Can anyone tell me if life without depression is better.

Life is way better when you're not depressed. The only problem is that antidepressants don't actually cure depression, they just stop your serotonin from getting so low you kill yourself. They're good for people who are so depressed they're non-functional because it gives them the drive they need to start fixing themselves.

My personal experience is that the pills don't do much and all have weird side effects (the low alcohol tolerance is fun though).

t. Been on five different antidepressants and two mood stabilizers because I'm crazy

No, and I try not to.
Diagnosed and medicated for 3 years. It's a community of genuine support and care. Like I said, I still struggle with shit but it's a fuck ton better than being on medication.

sounds like how the system handles bipolar disorder...how old are you?
> because i'm crazy
makes me think you are maybe 16-20

I let it slip that I wish I could kill myself because they didn’t come help me in rehab fast enough and i shat myself and was just upset so they put me on lexapro and I haven’t killed myself yet so I guess it’s worked okay it’s cool to be able to fuck my girlfriend for two hours straight but besides that it sucks lol

>Do not ditch your meds.

I'd argue otherwise. Some meds can really fuck you up. I got put on mood stabilizers while in the hospital and stayed on them for about two months. They stopped me from getting so anxious I'd kill myself, but they also stopped me from being able to feel happy. It was like being a zombie.

I quit that shit and and got my joy back. The panic attacks are bad again, but it's the better trade-off.

If you work out and take preworkout, try that before. Especially nitraflex or bnox

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NUkG_WOLKkk

Yes, it’s way better without.

bro u are kind of poggers and very smart, cheers :)

Of course it is. Get on TRT. We have known since the 50s that more testosterone cures depression in men. Just try it. It's cheaper than pych meds I bet.

i have SPD and depression, so i find myself in the unique position of getting MORE depressed the more i am pushed to rely on friends or family
(SPD is essentially a fancy way of saying that i feel no desire to speak with, look at, be near or otherwise interact with humans...take the social out of "social creature" and as a result, im just happier alone.)

then you're a fucking loser. don't expect help from anyone then.

You guessed it, I'm 20.

>sounds like how the system handles bipolar
How does the system usually handle it? I had a pretty weird experience.

Psychiatric meds can fuck up you brain function.
Simple solutions that are less likely to be toxic.
-buy an iodine supplement from a place like WholeFoods. I think it was $6 for a bottle with a dropper. Put two drops of the supplement in water each day and drink. I’ve been less depressed since I started.
-drink electrolytes, whether from gatorade of citrus fruits. Fresh fruits are going to be better that a bottle of orange juice though. The electrolytes help with electrical conductivity in your body and brain and nervous system.
-One reason for depression seems to be Poor electrical circulation in the brain or nervous system, or at least that is a guess, given typical treatments.
-Another of the main treatments for depression is Lithium, which is one of the main materials used for high capacity batteries.
-Again, another treatment for depression is electro shock therapy of various types.
-Another thing recomended for depressed people are pets, which are usually covered in hair, and which people pet. Petting and rubbing something covered in hair, creates a static electric charge, as does certain other activities like physical contact with other people, like gaving sex.

Basically, buy a celluloid comb, comb your hair, rub a wool blanket, make some fresh lemonaid, or eat some grapefruit, take a small fose of iodine, and maybe get some exercise.
Do the above before going on medication.

fuck off nigger, nobody can help you no matter what

this is dumb, don't do that.
taking testosterone stunts your bodies natural ability to produce it, the way to increase testosterone is through diet and activity, acting more confidently and being around females.
if you do the things that you would be doing if you had more testosterone, then your brain signals your body that you need more.
there is no "cure for depression" but a low testosterone could be a contributing factor.

Pretty much like you said: shotgunning meds until something works. We're still really, really bad at neurochem.

>We're still really, really bad at neurochem

humans are fucking retarded

like other user said, they just med you into oblivion, ive seen several families ripped to shreds by the damage it can do...and as a country the US just isnt looking into the research necessary to help mental issues...in short...its fucked user.

You are an idiot. You do realize anti depressants encompass more than just prozac and lexapro, right? Also, the placebo thing has been disproven. A lot of times you see negative reviews of that class of drugs due to people not understanding that it takes time for them to work, or the start up side effects are too much for them. The startup side effects alone prove its not placebo and something is indeed happening in the brain.

>he needs a psychiatrist and a manual based on objectivity to validate his depression

this is true...but also a non-sequitur

hey double-dubs...hes fucking trollin...ignore his ass.

there is no good reason why people haven't figured this shit out by now

its funding largely, and the decline in human intelligence isn't helping.
im in agreement, there isn't a good reason, just a really long list of shitty bad reasons, most of which revolve around the fact that we generally fund more female health issues in our society, breast cancer ribbons are still all over the place, haven't seen a single ribbon for a guy cancer.
men suffer more from mental health issues than women do, feminism withstanding.
im not saying these problems arent important, my mother just beat breast cancer.
what i am saying is that we largely ignore mental health issues in this age.
if a guy shoots up a school, we blame the gun
if someone runs a truck of peace through a crowd, we talk about how bad violence is, and his political motivations...we ignore people who are begging for help until they do something fucked up.

That pic's gotta be from early 1969, no other time in his professional career did Faul have a beard than around the time of the rooftop concert.
Also, Martha's chillin' in the back, just living her doggy dog life

And the baby is Paul and Linda's daughter Mary

Meds are all right... You don't feel sad but you don't really feel anything. So if anything does go right like a hot girl touching your ding-dong, you won't give a shit. it's a bummer.

Neurons behave in a very complex manner. A given neurochemical can yield wildly differing results, with knock-on effects from other neurochemicals, plus we haven't figured out how to achieve any level of precision in stimulating production. Beyond that, the thing we're using to understand IS the thing we're trying to understand. It's both that we're chimpanzees with pretensions AND it's hard.

Have you considered the possibility that you're dealing with niggers and that's the root cause of your problems?