Locksmiths of Cred Forums, how did you get into your profession, and what resources did you use to learn the trade?

Locksmiths of Cred Forums, how did you get into your profession, and what resources did you use to learn the trade?

Attached: The-evolution-of-locksmith-services-MI-mobile-locksmith.jpg (695x463, 442K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=54t0iyp_udc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there are these things called schools.

youtube.com/watch?v=54t0iyp_udc

Locksmiths often work together with robbers. The robbers take note of the models of the locks in places of value and the locksmiths copy the key of locks. They Rob when they find a key that fits.

Alternatively, someone from the inside copies the keys.

New locks are death enemies.

If you want to get into it check if its legal and get some picks and cutaway locks. Contact some locksmiths if you want an apprenticeship. Im not a locksmith, just an enthusiast of physical security.

Wat? Can you elaborate?

Attached: 1579686182362.jpg (500x375, 48K)

Been there and let me tell you
Its fine to do auto unlocks most of the time
Never ever ever move past them or try to go pro. Being a locksmith with a firm is the worst fucking job ever. Its 100% older dudes who think youre an idiot for being young, even though theyll hire you. They refuse to innovate or listen at all and youll be doing a whole bunch of wack ass bullshit work.
Stick to cars, be 24 hours, get listed on google and be the cheapest guy around and youll be good to go. Most of the time all youll need is a clothes hanger and a wedge.
Best way to start? Just start. Watch vids, download pdfs, practice irl. I got started with 2 rubbermaid totes full of 20 year old books i found on craigslist. Did autos for 2 years, eventually tried to get a pro job, did, worked there for 2 years. Now i work from home drafting and i dont locksmith shit unless someone needs a key copied.

Attached: 1564929995418.webm (854x480, 929K)

Damn, that's neat. I didn't know something like that existed

Everything exists

Where’s my fucking lightsaber then?

You gotta buy it stupid

Well if you change the lock in time, your house won't get broken into.

Do you mean that if robbers were to see the locks, then do whatever their homework is, but if I change them regularly then likely theyll be prepared for the wrong lock? But they can pick them anyway still, right?

wrong presumptuous cock who watches too many hollywood movies

all the information you need is on the internet noob

Safe brute forcer nice!

What are your most trusted general purpose padlocks (toolbox, truck, home gate) and safes (personal or portable sized, for document, photo, little bit of cash)?

Like I know that Sentry is good as a fire safe only, not for security from super hackers like you, its only secure from house burn down. So, I got one of those for family stuff and like passports and junk.

I figure theres at least a few brands to stay away from when a slightly more expensive alternative exists.

Thanks, lock knowledges dudes!

90% of breakins ignore the front door lock, of the other 10% only 1% actually tries to pick it.

Changing locks does not help in 9/10 cases unless you live in a shitty mansion where tons of servants and staff have Acess to your keys.

>What are your most trusted general purpose padlocks

Pretty much all of them are shit. Doesn't matter if they are 5 or 500$. The best you can hope for is a padlock that is easyer to destroy than to pick but with the right tool s and skills even the better padlocks only resist a few minutes at best.

If you just want basic protection from thugs or snoopy guests get some abus titalium. They are reasonably cheap and not completely shit like most American brands.