How much do you tip Cred Forums? And is it mandatory?

How much do you tip Cred Forums? And is it mandatory?
I'm gonna be visiting my uncle in America next week. Will they spit in my food if I don't tip?

Attached: 1579966059497.jpg (640x757, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wrwQ9G4epys
youtube.com/watch?v=joM-hQkM-W8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God damn thats a shit tip

I'm American so I usually tip at least 25%. At the places I frequent I often tip more

Is it obligatory or you can choose not to tip?

Considered really douchey if you don't but you don't HAVE to

if you trust the people or you never plan to go there again you don't have to tip
americans are subhumans so if you want to repeatedly go to the same place, I'd tip 5$ + 10%

How much does waiter earn in the usa that u have to give them a tip between 20-25% lmao. when i go to a resturant and i have to pay around 45€ i give them a 50 bank note and i say keep the rest as a tip.

you can choose not to, but wait(ers/resses) don't get paid shit.
20% is customary. if you're not great at math like that
>t. me
an easy way to do it is 2$ for every 10$ and then because you're cool you round up to the next dollar: )

Attached: 1579924160592.jpg (400x400, 24K)

at the restaurant i work it, waiters make 3.45 an hour, and then they have to give some of their tips to the bussers too.

Do you get paid to post this every day?

Except if the tips don't come up to minimum wage the employer must pay them the difference. Just stop tipping you're helping those greedy restaurant owners that don't want to pay their employees a living wage

tipping is like washing your hands after you take a shit. no one is going to make you do it, there is no law that says you have to do it. but its socially unacceptable if you do not do it. you will (rightly so) lose the respect of all your peers.

does that make sense? if you are a white man who takes any pride in yourself at all you tip 20%. never less.

so ask yourself? Do i wash my hands after I shit? if yes, then you should also tip 20%

only niggers dont tip.

how many h do u work? waiters in my country earn 11€ per h

the only person you screw over by not tipping is the server who wants to help you, and yourself because no one will respect you if word gets out that you are a shitty tipper.

you're not changing the system, you're just being a dickhead.

Here in Minnesota, tipped jobs get full minimum wage. There is no difference in the minimum between tipped and untipped jobs.

theres such a retarded system you have to pay for the stuff and for waiter as he lives from tips

Attached: 1551630597965.jpg (692x461, 20K)

>at least 25%
That's way too steep. I start at 20% and generally whittle down from there for shit service. A good way to get no tip from me is to have a party of 8 or more, assume you're getting at least 18% regardless due to party size, then not show up for a half an hour. Sometimes I'll give more if they're punctual and I'm particularly cool with them. That said assuming they didn't fuck themselves out of a tip entirely, I always tip at least $1 and at most $20. There's a ceiling to the difficulty of handling my food and I don't pay extra for things I can just sue to avoid.

They should get a real job

In most of those places, my shit-covered hand is the second cleanest thing right behind the rest of me.

How if they have to be paid minimum wage anyway from their employer.

Pretty sure that's a national standard, but waiters who have to be compensated by their employer to meet minimum wage tend not to keep their jobs for very long unless they lie about their tips and claim to have received the minimum.

and serving customers isnt a real fucking job idiot

Giving them extra money for what? bringing plates to the fucking table? ffs.

LMAO I dont think I have ever given anyone a tip. Maybe because its not that important here in germany.

Attached: 61870832-cartoon-rote-teufel-satan-oder-luzifer-dämon-gesicht-mit-hörnern-und-einem-spitzbart.jpg (991x1300, 128K)

if you think any white person deserves to be paid minimum wage, you are whats wrong with this country. you cannot live off of minimum wage.

Think about the way that a salesperson works for commissions. If they don’t sell anything, they make no money, because they are a shit salesperson.

When you go out to eat, you pay for the food, and you tip for the service. I.e. the convenience of not having to pick up after yourself, pour your drinks, seat yourself, and the service of someone checking on you and ensuring your order comes out on time and accurate.

People who like to argue that tipping is stupid and optional have never worked in a restaurant or service job before and don’t know how incredibly difficult and rigorous the job is.

Tip your server.

Said every owner

what an entitled bitch

tipping is truly a phenomenon that highlights how backwards american society is

>be me
>want to go out for food
>step into restaurant of choice
>sit at table, they walk 50 feet to deliver, I owe them 25% gratuity
>OR I walk 50 feet to receive over the counter. Somehow I'm not entitled 25% off.

cucks tip

Then vote to raise the minimum wage

i am shocked and disgusted by how many of you do not wash your hands after you shit.

I tip depending on what country I am in, if I am in a first world country; I dont tip. And if I am in america, I tip 20%

JK I never tip.

Attached: 5b3a083e.jpg (331x232, 16K)

im a cook
but the waiters work like 6-8hrs

>(((voting)))

just stop being a nigger and tip your server. or are you so poor that you have to care about 10 dollars on a 50 dollar tab?

Tipping is retarded, or at least now it is.

Before tipping was a way to say "Hey thanks for the excellent service!". But now its "Hey please don't spit on my food I'll give you more money"

And for those of you saying shit like, "oh you're a prick how are waiters/waitresses supposed to earn a living then?"

Get a fucking job that pays minimum you retard. Its not my fault you knowingly took a job where you're only guarantee is some shit sub minimum pay. Literally get a retail job instead, the requirements are the same if not lower, retail is always hiring, and you can get commission on top of your minimum hourly vs a tip on top of your sub minimum hourly.

Tipping is bullshit and just a way for restaurant owners to skimp out on a few bucks. You're stupid if you think otherwise.

>complains about people virtue signalling online
>boasts about how much they tip

Americans are fucking retards.

What an ungrateful little cunt. People aren't obligated to tip. While it is annoying when you put a lot of effort in to a table and they only tip 5% or nothing, you just get on with it. You're a stupid cunt if you're working somewhere that doesn't pay you the minimum wage anyway. People seem to think they deserve a tip no matter what. I tip based on quality of food and quality of service, if both are poor then they get nothing, no guilt or bad feelings it's just the way it is.

>if you think any white person deserves to be paid minimum wage
oh good someone who understands minimum wage is too high for a lot of jobs
>you cannot live off of minimum wage.
oh no, he's retarded

I used to believe this, but now I legitimately think if you go to your employer & say "I didn't make enough tips to get to this threshold", he'll tell you to suck it up and if you keep complaining he'll likely fire you
there's a fuckload of college students that want to work bars/restaurants so unless you're like really special to him for some reason, they'll just make up some way to fire you, like accusing you of stealing from the bar

>or service job before and don’t know how incredibly difficult and rigorous the job is.
Soon to be replaced by a robot

Working as a server sucks and it’s underpaid. How is that my problem?

Nurses are overworked and underpaid too. Where are their tips?

Imagine being so weak you give 20% of top of every meal you pay for even if it's not deserved.

Do you have any real idea how low profit margins are in your average restaurant? I’ve worked in restaurants where the owner didn’t even pay himself any salary and completely relied on his assets to survive. We made more income than him, and we were paid $2.15 an hour for tips. Owners are not greedy as you think.

i tip people who don't even work for tips.
I tip my electrician, I tip my kid's teachers, I tip my car serviceman, I tip my flight attendants, I tip my bank teller, I tip my mail man.
I don't see whats the big deal? is being generous really such a bad thing?
it's just money, it doesn't mean that much to me.

Attached: 1579761301744.jpg (944x1211, 315K)

You realize commission and tip are two different things right? A commission comes out of daddy employer, a tip comes from the customer.

I worked as a prep cook, I made a fuck ton of money because people were scared that I would do something to their food. I'd wager most people tip for that reason alone and nothing else. They see a tip as a way to ensure the staff don't fuck with their food. Does that sound like a good system to you?

Ah yes. B8 threads number 4,257,257,337,347. Right on schedule. On topic though, tipping in America is obviously fucked and people in service jobs should just make minimum wage instead, but they don't. Which is why you are definitely an asshole if you don't tip at all. That being said though, entitled little girls like in the op's picture deserve to get bad tips for their bad attitudes. They don't though just because they're usually hot, which enables them to develop their shitty attitudes to begin with. Bottom line, none of this is difficult to understand or interesting to talk about for the billionth time. If you care about the state of tipping in America, regardless of whether you're for or against, you should protest. Don't take it out on your waiter, but also don't feel obligated to give a good tip if they're a greedy faggot.

I pay for that convenience when I go to a restaurant
I don't pay 25$ for a steak that costs 5$ and takes like 15 min to make (while the chef is also making other shit)
that would be absurd.
If you go out to eat, you pay for the food, the staff and the location. Tipping is an additional amount you give on top because it stood out to you
I would just as fast tip at a shoe store or a grocery store as I would in a bar or a restaurant.

If someone went through a lot of effort helping me out, going through the back storage to find the shit I need and did it with a smile, I'd gladly give them some extra money. I wouldn't give 25% put here they're paid a decent wage already, if they get even a single tip of like 2$ in an hour, that's still a wage increase of like 20%.

>nigger
Do you not understand how much effort it takes to rob that $10

weak? you mean kind hearted? caring? generous? if money means more to you than people do then you are a bad person.

and who are you to say what people deserve? all people (white people) deserve to be treated with loving kindness and generosity.

just stop being a nigger and get a job that actually pays you so you don't have to beg for it?

40 x 7.25 = $290. Call it $200 after taxman throws sand on your ass.
That's $10000/yr, or $833/mo. Food is $150, Utilities $200, Gas $100, Savings $83, Rent: $300 (get a roommate or two if that's an issue). Learn to do taxes and you can get 1 or 2 grand back.

You absolutely can live on minimum wage, even if you rarely eat out or can't afford the latest iCrap. If it's a race thing, they should prove they're white by being more useful than minimum wage. White Supremacists can't explain why most SJWs reside plain as day within their own genetic admixture.

I mean its cool if you dont need the money, but there are also people that eat something expensive for a special occasion and then dont tip because they actually need money to be able to continue eating at home.

No, people like you are the problem.
You can live off minimum wage, but you don't get to experience all the benefits of a capitalist country.
You can't support a family of 3 or more with a single minimum wage job. But if you are at the point that you have a family of 3+ and you are the only one working, and you are working for minimum wage... you have a lot of other problems, ignorance, lack of planning, and laziness mixed with some stupidity to start with.

Wow your anecdote for one place sure changed my opinion on every single restaurant ever. No wait actually logic leads me to believe he was running a shit restaurant.

no one is stopping you from tipping them too. you can never be too kind or too caring.

>he doesn't tip his nurses
???

This is a retarded American concept and just about every other country with restaurants, those places actually pay their staff.

Get fucked.

Attached: 1578452351131.png (687x683, 617K)

im not saying this system is good but at least you can choose how much waiter gets paid depending on how satisfied youre or sometin

my nigga

It's not national standard. Federal minimum for tip jobs is $2.13. Minnesota minimum for tip jobs is $10 just like it is for non-tip jobs. Tips are never taken into consideration in Minnesota. The state minimum wage is the minimum wage across the board regardless of tips. Most of the country doesn't do it this way.

nice try Ben, we know its you

Attached: ben.jpg (259x326, 28K)

I refuse to compensate people for their own shitty life choices.

Yes, at LEAST 30%, I don't want them to spit in my food after all, since that's such a common practice in america.
Your first meal at a restaurant is always going to have spit in it, since they don't know how much you're going to tip after all, but that's okay, just keep smiling and being nice so they don't do it next time. And if you tip well and come back, your next meal will be normal :) Man it feels great to be an american

Attached: 1445697959086.gif (536x338, 1.53M)

20% always basically. Tipping is one of those things that America does really stupidly for no reason.

Most tipped food service workers make $2/hour so they need the tips.

It's fucking stupid but you gotta do it.

What's the difference between a jew and a canoe?
a canoe tips.

Attached: agrg2.jpg (220x220, 12K)

>food industry in america is literally made of gangsters slapping the equivalent of protection money out of their customers

15.86 is literally an hour of work at my job. Fuck off if you think im giving you that to bring me food.

also OP anyone saying above 20% is memeing I promise you. 15-20 is the standard.

okay, so you're not a kind person. and that seems to be okay with you.

i'm sure you are a very popular person.

>20% always basically
>you gotta do it
this is your mind on american consoomerism

Attached: 1423750968608.jpg (716x724, 52K)

Attached: bdd.jpg (720x697, 38K)

i never tip less than 30% because I can, and its fun to make someones day.

trips of truth

It really is. I believe a tip should be a reward for extra-ordinary service. Not doing the bare minimum. Unfortunately we don't get to tip like that at all, we're forced to tip, especially if its a place we frequent. Maybe you tip one place every time you got and one day the service wasn't so good so you decided its not worth to tip them that day. You better your sweet candy ass they'll only remember the one time you didn't tip.

that's good for you. and I'm glad you're generous and you make people's days. But we don't want to make OP spend more than they can/have to.

Attached: EHNzlfrVUAAxVF0.jpg (1200x1025, 150K)

do you even earn more than 1000$ a month? 3.45 is pretty low.

look at all these people bragging about how stingy and unkind they are like it's an attractive trait lol

Do you confuse “popular” with “only useful to people financially”?

You might want to think about why your friends keep you around.

yeah, god forbid he parts with an extra 10 fucking dollars. how will his family be able to survive if he tips 20%?

I think the ability to live off minimum wage definitely depends where you live in america
some places definitely won't allow you to live off minimum wage unless you work very long hours.
Moving in that situation is also not that simple, it is possible yes, but it's by no means available for everyone nor is it easy.
If you live in some outback farmland area of course rent will be cheap as shit, which will be the majority of your costs (along with food), but if you live in a big city, prepare to pay like twice that

Federal minimum for tip jobs jumps if they don't make on average $5.13/hr in tips or more that week. IE: A shitty waiter still makes their state's minimum wage, at least, but the $2.13 is the minimum a restaurant (in most states) itself has to pay.

I'm too broke and antisocial to eat out anywhere fancy enough to have wait staff

you can do the same in any country (except a few such as japan where every waiter is expected to be exceptional)

learn to fucking type.

look at this american bragging and virtue signaling about how normal and human and caring for those poor spitting restaurant workers he is for tipping at least 1/4th the cost of his meal

it doesn't bother me. it's called loving kindness. I don't ask for anything in return. Generosity is it's own reward.

tipping doesn't make you popular, but not tipping will always make you unlikable.

Got me there. My girlfriend almost left me but then she saw I tip camwhores 2 grand a month.

god forbid the waiter doesn't get the extra 10$ for doing nothing noteworthy. how will his family be able to survive if customers don't tip?

I travel a lot for work.

In my home city, I will tip about 20% for good service because I plan to go back to those places.

When I travel, I tip $0 every time.

The only reason to tip is to avoid them fucking with your food next time if they recognize you.

If I never plan to be back at that restaurant for a long time, the servants get nothing.

i don't have to brag about it anywhere but here. it's normal and expected that any decent human with manners does this. it's like holding the door open for someone in a wheel chair. you just do it.

don't you see how this is an issue?
you're not being generous because it's expected of you.
If you feed your children, you're not being generous, it's expected of you.

you said it yourself, it's not seen as a good thing if you tip but it's seen as a bad thing if you don't. That's not kindness or generosity, that's just the jews herding the sheeple.

Leaving the city isn't a big deal. Worst case scenario, either utilize a support system or get a loan.
>It's not easy
What's your point?

>I tip $0 every time.
kinda cringe bro
tipping every time is worse, but never tipping is also bad. Especially if you're the kinda nigger to not round up to 50$ when the bill is 49.50$ or whatever

So you’re okay with people only keeping you around because you’re useful for their own benefit?

Lets hope you remain useful for a good long while before you’re dropped like a stone.

does not tipping make you cool or something?
because i'm pretty sure it just means youre a heartless douchebag?

>tipping to someone who unironically uses Snapchat
Fuck that, let this grown ass girl learn about real life

>It is normal and expected that any decent human with manners does this. You just do it.

Attached: 1579566395284.png (800x974, 57K)

my point is that many people are afraid to take the dive
the move itself has an upfront cost, you (at least often) won't have job security in the new area, or at least not as much as they currently have, they are likely moving away from friends and family which could give them support currently both financially and simply by being around and being nice.

yep...that's right, the waiters and waitresses and bartenders of the world are all working with international jewry to transfer wealth from the working class people to israel.

you caught us. great job user.

also 20% is what you are just supposed to do, I tip 30% and up because that is kindness and generosity.

i never understood the concept of tipping based on a percentage. the waiter isnt making the food. the proportionality of their service isnt based on the cost of the food. $200 meal vs $20 meal is the exact same bringing out plates of food. am i wrong?

Attached: 1582376063951.png (741x568, 20K)

no but unlike in murrica, if you're tipped here, people are actually happy, and consider people who tip nicely.
Unlike in murrica it actually DOES show you that someone appreciates what you're doing and effectively said you did a good job.
Unlike in murrica it does show your generosity when you tip, because there is no stigma around not tipping, as it's the norm, so there's never any pressure to.

tipping is like washing your hands after you shit. no one is going to force you to do it, there is no law that says you have to do it.

but if you don't do it, no one will want to be around you.

what did i fuck up?
such a newfag you don't know what
>t.
means? lmao

it means if you have enough money to buy a bottle of wine and an appetizer and caviar you also have enough money to take good care of the people who take care of you.

If you don’t do it, nobody will fucking know.

Nice metaphor there, retard.

if you extrapolate it, it doesn't really make sense to pay the chef more either, but it does happen.
It likely means there are higher standards, so it's expected to be paid more.

Whether the chef cooks a 20$ steak or a 200$ steak, it's likely going to be somewhat similar in process, but the product will simply be a lot more premium.

You don’t have to but it’s considered very rude and is basically stealing. The whole tip system is so restaurants and claim that their food is 20-25% cheaper than it is.

How are you guys not understanding? Every single tip you get in Minnesota is extra. You get paid your $10/hr no matter what and all your tips are just extra. If you get tipped $0 in a pay period, you're making $10/hr, and even if you were to get tipped $20,000 in a pay period, you're still making $10/hr on top of the tips. Only a handful of states do it like this. Most others take tips into account when figuring out how much the employer must compensate the employee. Tips are not taken into consideration when figuring out compensation in Minnesota. How hard is this concept to comprehend?

If you want better money pick up a hammer & a toolbelt with decent suspenders & go build yourself a goddamn career. You're getting something & that's better than nothing & you're apparently doing nothing to better yourself so shut your mouth or suck it. Moron.

What restaurant in the world offers both a $20 and $200 steak?

i expose people for not washing their hands and not tipping and i publicly shame them for it almost everytime i go to a bar. I've made grown men cry by exposing them as the subhuman filth that they are.

I always wonder if people who use t. actually know what it means and where it came from and aren't simply parroting and using it simply because they understood the concept and how it is used
The same could be said for things like LUL or monkaS in twitch chats, I guarantee you that there are people who don't know it's an emote, but do know it's meant to indicate the appropriate reaction to a situation

Or you could simply double the tax, that's usually a very fair tip

>actually having this fantasy

Does everybody in the restaurant stand up and clap?

Samefig here that being said, I tip.

Currently a server, what annoys me is when we get shafted for tips because the kitchen fucked up the order or is taking too long.

Also when they tell us theres a party coming, and we have it all set up, and we see a bunch of crazy looking black folks come in. Guaranteed it's going to be overly complicated drinks and a shit tip every time.

Wtf, my brother just tried bitching me out about tipping and asked if I ever worked a service job acting all arrogant that he had special insight.
I told him straight up that yes, I've worked service, and I fucking quit to do something else.
Noone forces these fucks into these jobs and noone stops them from quitting if it doesn't work.
I fucking told my boss why I quit when I did, he gave me some shit about scheduling and taking a chance on me, I told him to maybe pay the people who stay a bit more unless he wants them to follow.

Like wtf makes this such a fucking hot button topic? If I post a help wanted ad looking for a pet sitter and I offer you $0, are you gonna sign the fuck up and go panhandling for tips and make everyone feel bad for you if they don't fulfill your entitlements?

Noone fucking makes these idiot's live in an expensive location, noone makes these idiot's take a job that can't support them. And only these idiot's think it's their neighbor's responsibility to support their lifestyle...

These fucks want a bonus for NOT fucking up everything they do, then they even threaten people with bad service or biohazards.

If noone MADE you take the job, noone should care. Your boss would go out of buisness if noone agreed to his terms when selling their time. Then again, if you are an entitled fuck worth half of what your paid then you are easily replaced for the betterment of everyone involved.

i exposed a guy once as he and his date were leaving the restaurant and she broke up with him on the spot. justice is served.

I'm saying the chef cooking a 20$ steak in one restaurant and the chef cooking a 200$ steak in a different restaurant cook it mainly the same (at least if they're good places)
it's not like they're suddenly doing backflips or whatever during cooking.
The one will simply be a generic prime steak whereas the other one might be a A5 wagyu

no, they tip the bartender extra and throw wadded up napkins at the guy.

I’m not forcing them to live out their bad decisions.

it's an american consoomer thing. They like to put arbritary numbers on any- and everything to show just HOW much you care.
They're also usually the only ones talking about tipping in public or on here. Virtue signaling is basically part of their "culture" since they don't have any actual culture and have to make up for years of stealing from others, including their own land. This is how they cope with it, by showing everyone just how normal of a human they are.
They also seem to think it somehow makes them liked or popular, thinking any worker cares about them, so usually when they're in different countries people can immediately tell by how fake-nice they are to staff. An american always sticks out like a sore, polished thumb

I’m not going to contribute to America’s poor wage standards by subsidising it with tips.
They can fuck right off.

Don’t like the wages?
Complain to your boss , don’t blame the fucking customer.

Americunts are the literal worst

dubs of truth

And then everybody clapped

so then the tipping would be based on the income of the person buying the food, not based on the cost of the food. once again, im wondering if im wrong here.

rich guy goes to waffle house. by your logic, he should tip $50 on a $20 meal because "he has enough money"

sounds like you're the greedy one to me.

You must have very little to do in your free time.

Canada also tips, retard. Enjoy your third world shithole

I think there’s a lot more variables in cooking steak than you realise. But ignoring that, a more expensive restaurant will be expected to have higher serving standards. The position is more prestigious. You get tipped more accordingly.

kek

>Currently a server, what annoys me is when we get shafted for tips because the kitchen fucked up the order or is taking too long.
Yeah that's true, but you have to understand it from a customer's perspective
For that period, you're basically tasked with giving them a good experience. While you don't control all the variables, it is still what you are tasked with, so you still take the sting if something outside your control ruins their experience.
In the same way, if I caused a hassle in some way, making your job harder for you (baby crying, drunk friend making a mess, etc.) I would tip you (or tip you more), even though it doesn't directly impact you or it's not directly in my control.

If my girl would break up with me over not tipping I'm glad the bitch is gone

You tip at the end of the meal, when you pay. So if they spit in your food, it won't be because of the tip.

She must have been really grateful to you and fucked you right there and then. How tight was she?

That’s because your moral compass is completely fucked. Americuck .

I’m not the one paying my employees such shitty wages that they are forced to beg from my customers.
I would expect a good level of service, irregardless of how much I bribed someone to give better service.

Ameritards can never understand what it’s like to have a real work ethic

>But ignoring that, a more expensive restaurant will be expected to have higher serving standards.
which is what I said, due to higher standards, the bar is higher for people to fill that position, due to the higher bar the pay will be higher
that goes for the chef but also the waiter.
if you go out to eat at a place that sells food for like 7$ a person, it's understandable if the waiter isn't perfect or whatever. However if a waiter fucks something up in a place where food costs 100$ a plate it's going to have a much greater impact on how customers find the restaurant.

don't you worry, a lot of them will remember if you come back

>niggers dont tip
can confirm, was a waiter and even my co-worker who was so black she was pretty much purple hated having tables if they were black cause they didnt tip shit

Tip percentage seems to be gradually inflating. I recall tipping 15% being standard practice and 20% being a hefty tip a decade ago.

the way i see it, tipping is the result of corporate brainwashing to have the public subsidize their bottom employee wages. i was a pizza delivery driver for 5 years. worked at papa johns, pizza hut, back to papa johns, then to dominos. shit always sucked and i appreciated every tip i got. the pay rate seemed overcomplicated and it made me dislike the customers who didnt tip, whereas a flat delivery rate of like $5 a delivery would have been equivalent to what i normally made and would have made customer interactions much better and less awkward.

prove me wrong

Attached: 6904397957_aa41456455_c.jpg (641x800, 100K)

Attached: 71067.jpg (640x640, 140K)

Yeah, I'm aware there's an up-front cost and a possible job search that has to be addressed. You still retain your friends and family more or less if you only move a town or two over though, which is generally enough for just getting out of the city.

I don't think being afraid in that sense is an excuse to say 'you can't live on minimum wage'

Attached: 049 - Q31xGux.png (600x780, 207K)

The only reason to think the current american tipping system is a good idea, is if you're abusing it by not tipping.
Nobody would think twice about it if they removed tipping and instead made things 10-20% more expensive and actually paid their waiters. The issue is that it's already so ingrained in amerifats that they would still expect to tip so they'd see it as an increase in cost rather than replacement

They see tipping as an insult. Then again, they're paid a very reasonable amount for being wait-staff.
The reason for tipping is the restaurant being cheap-skates. They're actually paid sub-minimum wage, and the tips are used to even it out.

Attached: 14517693.jpg (850x1217, 222K)

Why is everyone so jealous of America? I mean.. i know we're big and powerful and stuff but sheesh..

Attached: 1580190134368.jpg (869x800, 479K)

Most of the country isn't Minnesota and it's by and large not what we're talking about.

niggers don't tip???
yes they do!
they tip like 40%
of the time

Oh, sorry - I misread what you were saying and actually agree with you.

Attached: sample_e1c794f7f4d55fbf1481c30e5f562b5c.jpg (850x943, 316K)

Tipping is a hangover from slavery.
The slaves were freed, but slave owners still wanted “free labour”, so they invented “tipping” where you work for basically nothing while simultaneously begging.

The rest of the world finds it very weird and very distasteful.
Americans think it’s normal.
Protip - it’s not normal

Attached: fe7e22e2c461ccf9a42b35acdba6e327.jpg (1000x809, 651K)

well it's an excuse in the way that you can't live in some areas off minimum wage. You can get out of that area and live off minimum wage but it can be hard. I think that is what people mean when they say you can't live off minimum wage, since they're likely paying 900$ a month for a small ass 2 room apartment

Attached: 82139.jpg (3200x2400, 1.13M)

Inversely, new laws and forms of jewry every day. Pick a boomer up by his bootstraps and take his pension :^)

based loli poster

Attached: sample_2e071fcd5df189bb60eb2e2d5d68841f.jpg (850x601, 125K)

i usually tip 25% and then round up to the nearest dollar. these guys make $2 an hour otherwise, and i can't stand behind somebody working hard for their money and not getting paid.

This. In Berlin I had my money shoved back and told that they don’t need my fucking charity. Top kek. Love Berlin.

Attached: 5bbb884e4bc1dc66320015b4fcfba65f.jpg (800x600, 107K)

As much as I'm not a fan of tipping culture, tipping is the moral superior to taxation.

Attached: sample_73266f6a15a5e7a0eb803222b1da2069.jpg (850x776, 164K)

>jealous of America
Kek

This may surprise you Americuck, but the average Chinese person has a greater spending power than the average Ameritard. They can afford more luxury goods than an American.

Now, here’s where you scoff in disbelief because that stoey doesn’t fit the propaganda that you’ve swallowed your whole life.
Reality is something completely different.

I’m not jealous OP. You literally couldn’t drag me to America .

Attached: C68C56EF-49C2-4061-874B-05905BE0E7EC.jpg (832x744, 31K)

Attached: 54f77a4818505a0ae10cb48469f5f5a0.png (233x684, 243K)

Women today are no different from niggers.

>They see tipping as an insult
lmao no, stop making shit up or parroting retards on Cred Forums
It's common to tip in germany but not expected and certainly not percentage-based and as high as americans do it. Rounding up and giving a few more euros is normal and considered friendly, but that's just it. If you tip virtue signaling and static NPC numbers like 20%+, you're gonna get some weird looks in most places.

Attached: 1471038891673.jpg (238x192, 9K)

Where do you live?

Exactly.

Ok every civilised society they would chase after you and say “excuse me! You over paid! Here’s Your money that you left!”

But Americucks are so morally bankrupt with greed that they’d just go “my money now!”

tipping 20% is a lot

people who expect more than a 10% tip are angry leftists who think the world owes them everything

itt entitled milennials

Gotta ask: why is tipping a must in the states? Shouldn't good service be a norm instead of something youre paid extra for? We make about 20$ an hour in my country so I really dont know if the hourly in america is pure shite

Attached: 1582405916129.jpg (604x453, 71K)

Scotland

Attached: EB113901-7E76-4986-BD4F-8BBC5E97ADA9.jpg (968x681, 39K)

I know that. I was simply pointing out how it's different in Minnesota and a handful of other states, and it seemed too hard a concept to comprehend, so I needed to reiterate multiple times.

>Shouldn't good service be a norm instead of something youre paid extra for?
This

I tip 15% if they're bad and 20-25% if they at least are trying

It's literally not a must, lol. You're not required to tip.

Whoever posted that IG story is scum. So entitled and ungrateful. They gave you 15 dollars which would be 15 % if their bill was 100$. They didn't have to spend 200$ at that restaurant. What the fuck.

>Get tipped greater than $15 for less than an hours worth of work
>Probably had several other tables tipping this
>Somehow still a broken college student
What the actual fuck, how do college students make 30-50k a year while working minimal hours while going to school and still complain?

In Mexico we tip but isn't obligated unless you're at a bru Americanized location. Like Cancun or Puerto Vallarts. And even then it's only scammers who will insist on it because they know how Americans think. I don't tip. Not my responsibility to provide your workers a living wage. Talk to your employer about that.

Tipping comes from the rich. They didn't want to pay a standard price for services because they wanted to give workers an incentive to do a better job. Feminists/Socialists have come up with the notion that they must get an incredible tip no matter how good your services are.

Idk honestly, on one side it’s douchey not to if you know how much their wages are due to the tips they get, but on the other hand they’re the dumbasses that got the job knowing shit like that was probably gonna happen....

Attached: 977051C6-6C81-4063-A0C6-DAFB9D5CAC45.jpg (980x742, 133K)

Depends if you ever want to go back there/if it's a busy enough place that they'll remember you.

If it's a local spot that you will be back to it is absolutely in your best interest to tip well.

If you're on the road then it depends if you believe in karma, I guess.

Checked, this is the only honest man in the thread

>living in a shitty country with minimum wage and complaining that customers have to pay your salary on top of their meal

Problem is living in a third world country

$15 for taking an order and bringing food to the table is a bit much. What an ingrate. If she feels this way, this bitch deserves nothing.

I don't get why waitresses think they can go beyond 15 dollar tips on any meal. So if she brought out a single bottle of a 100+ dollar wine, I'm expected to add that to her 40 minute ordeal? WTF, get a real job you cunt. I would be less offended if you sold feet pics to cringed betas instead.

What a cucked version of reality .

The reality, far from it being “feminists/socialists” to blame (you can put away your victim card), rampant capitalism allowed business owners to pay their employees nothing and guilt their customers into subsidising their shitty wages. And Americucks fall for it.

400 individuals control more wealth than the bottom 60% of Americans ....

You are in that lower 60%, dum dum

Welcome to capitalism
Don’t like it?
Move to Russia

Stop listening to rap you stupid nigger

>400 individuals control more wealth than the bottom 60% of Americans ....
Americans got jealous of not having royalty, so they bought their own

Same goes to you. If you don't like my generous 15 dollar tip, move to Russia.

i am happy that i live in a civilized country where workers are paid a wage

I don’t listen to rap .
What would cause you to draw that conclusion?

The economic reality of wealth inequality?

Ameritards are aggressively ignorant, aren’t they

Americans are pretty stupid and generally believe that employers don't have an obligation to pay their employees a living wage, so, they make you pay for it. It's gotten so bad at this point that even servers at coffee stops expects tips now.

Be careful, however, in some states it is mandatory you leave a tip, generally 20% is considered acceptable.

Attached: 1324698016704.jpg (340x432, 24K)

>Ameritards are aggressively ignorant, aren’t they
And proud of it

Depends on the context, there is no set standard amount how much you should tip. Yesterday I went to a bar and three beers came up to $30.00 even at the end of the night.. so I tipped $3.00 and left. Because nobody should ever get more than a dollar for pouring a beer regardless of how fucked up the economy is, and the bartenders know this.

I saw someone stuffed a $20.00 next to all the $1.00 in a tip jar, who was that idiot trying to impress? Must've been toasted or had a small dick

ok europoor lol

Attached: 41615AA2-D04B-492A-9C64-6123ADDFB4C2.jpg (659x588, 100K)

>euro poor
Yet despite a higher GDP , higher prices mean Americans have less spending power to actually buy things - having spent all the money they “saved” not paying taxes for what the rest of the world considers a human right, like healthcare, on basic welfare and sustenance and subsidising billionaires to not pay their employees.

Kek
Americucks are hilariously stupid

Attached: 053B0850-B7B1-4BD1-856C-CBB52F47CEBF.jpg (500x370, 47K)

>I'm going to become rich by giving all my money to the goverment

Attached: 1582388665054.jpg (599x798, 109K)

>gets 15.86 dollar to bring plates 10 to 20 meters away
>complains it's not enough
'murica

>In the same way, if I caused a hassle in some way...I would tip you

That's because you're a decent human. Weve got a name for trashy folks, usually black, and its canadians. I'm starting to think this is more widespread than just my area but I dunno. Group of fuckin leaves came in the other day, children running around the table screaming and laughing, parents did not give a fuck. I made sure they were taken care of, because I do that to all my guests. They said I sounded like Chris pratt and tipped 2 dollars on a 80 dollar check. This is also a mid teir seafood restaurant. Thanks guys. At least when I'm welding on the side I'd know what kind of work to put in because I know the pay.

I don’t tip

Well - I have like 350k USD in the bank account. I am from Central Europe. But when I ate in NYC restaurants I tipped only when I was really satisfied.

Attached: 3E877A1B-C578-478F-949D-5AA88047AEB8.jpg (750x496, 78K)

>20%
>acceptable
America is a joke. You have to add 20% of your whole fucking meal because someone brought you said meal in the same place you ordered it.
What's for the future? "If you don't tip 100% of your meal, you will be put to jail and be assfucked by Jamal & Co."

Attached: jewcula.png (500x337, 166K)

It’s not mandatory.

>paying taxes for a universal health care system , free to all at point of use, with better results = Euro dumb
>not paying taxes in order to pay more for your healthcare privately , as profits are siphoned I to insurance brokers instead of actually providing healthcare = ameri-smart

Got to love americas hubris in the face of reality ...
Highest deaths from preventable illnesses in the developed world.
Highest infant mortality in the developed world .
But still cry and scream when people try to give them free healthcare.

Ameritards- where would billionaires be without them

Attached: 926F2EE8-284A-400D-B79B-88252FE59F1A.jpg (640x640, 58K)

I leave cum stained tickets.

You don't have to add anything, bro. Lol. You don't have to tip if you do don't want to

A £15 tip in the UK is basically unheard of. These American waitresses are spoilt.

It’s like youve never even seen reservoir dogs

I dont just give the tip, I go balls deep brutha!

>didnt bother looking Im sure Im not the first one to say something like this.

Im talking about my penis!

Yeah, but a waiter gets paid holiday, paternity/maternity leave, a minimum wage, free healthcare, tax relief, etc etc in the UK.... Which is something “unheard of” in the United States of Etc

It’s funny, because I’m from Uk and recently got back from Canada, where I was introduced to the concept of tipping.
The Barman said he knew I was from the Uk, because I actually asked what the customary tip was...where as other countries would just ignore it...but also added, after I tipped him, how Americans are the least likely to tip.

Probably because they can’t afford it

What “benefits” do waiters get in the US?

Its just became the norm becuase of racism and stupid people.

Lol every time the fags post this i post a different answer.
Fuck this fucking research company.

Tips

I'm a waiter, I take pictures of every guest I serve when they aren't looking. If you tip less than 20% you get saved in a folder and your meals get tampered with until you fix your ways.

nice larp

Great film but its 28 years old, are you saying the US is stuck in 1992

Is that it though?
Just the tips?

No dental plan?
No medical?
No holidays?
No retirement payments? Etc

All this stuff is standard “employment benefits” here in the UK

I’m saying you learned nothing from the “Mr Pink Doesn’t Tip” scene.

And if anything, America has regressed

>All this stuff is standard “employment benefits” here in the UK
Yeah, but that’s socialism and therefore evil

>mandatory
no it isn't

youtube.com/watch?v=wrwQ9G4epys

Uhh..most jobs in America provide benefits, sorry to disappoint

The same benefits as every other disgusting serf. The biggest difference is that most servants don't openly feel entitled to my pocketbook.

>Im a filthy disgusting serf and my only value is the service I bring to my betters in the hopes that they give me some table scraps.

>serf
Britain fought a long and bloody war with itself to free itself from serfdom
America fought a long and bloody war in order to free itself from Britain.
Only to return to serfdom .

>Americucks.

#nevertip

Attached: Screenshot_20200219-204021_Twitter.jpg (1080x1895, 640K)

>most jobs in America provide benefits
What benefits though.

For example , standard “employment benefits” in the UK would be at least 28 days paid holiday a year. At least 6months paternity / maternity pay. Private Health Insurance.
Not even counting shit like “staff discounts” which is just a given

youtube.com/watch?v=joM-hQkM-W8

>Private Health Insurance.
I thought the Uk had universal health care?
Why do you need private?

Both.
We have universal healthcare, and if you like, you can have private health care.

I don’t know how America has managed to fuck up such a basic thing

Doing work to get a paycheck isn't "benefits", it's just a job.

If Erica is such an ungrateful cunt, she deserves to have shit loads of debt working a low paid job.

disinformation

Not that I agree with tipping, but that's a stupid analogy. In your scenario you're paying for the convenience of getting food made and also handed to you. If you're not getting it handed to you, why would that reduce the price if the service of getting something handed is additional cost?

If you respect yourself little enough to subject yourself to those working conditions, why would you expect people to respect you enough as a person to pay you extra.

Daily Reminder: The working class are not people.

Then make it a special occasion at home, retard. Stop living beyond your means. I don't even like the idea of tipping but you're an imbecile.

>disinformation
Huh?

There are private medical providers in the Uk, moron.
Example : BUPA

no you nigger, disinformation is how America fucks up its health insurance

I want to believe that user meant that things get so fucked up through misinformation.
But I'm not discounting the fact that user may be a retard.

Kek

I’m so jealous of Americans not being able to afford basic shit....like food or rent.

Kek

Attached: 8BACD64D-87C8-48B1-AAD4-797A6F45CF17.jpg (1024x958, 98K)

The only tips I give are to whores

Attached: Screenshot_20200211-171120_Messenger.jpg (1080x2220, 578K)

How do i Tip my Amazon slave?

But if universal healthcare is so great, wouldn't the private providers go under? Unless the private ones are better and your healthcare system is the same as ours, different levels of care for different socioeconomic classes...

>wouldn't the private providers go under?
Not necessarily. That's just competition. If they're as useful as they like to pretend, they'll find a way to stay in business.

That's sad

So retards are willing to pay for the same shit hat is free and universal?

Basically it's like paying for priority service, UHC may take months whereas private may be hours or days.

Private already takes months

This convo is a proof of why your only way to get sexual interactions is to pay for them

It's sad because she is ugly as fuck

Attached: FB_IMG_1582478692956.jpg (720x960, 53K)

Ah, so just like America

Having universal health care means that the Private insurance HAS to provide a base level of service that at least matches or exceeds that of the Universal cover.

You can opt for private and rather than stay in a shared ward, get your own private room etc ....but to be honest , I don’t know a single person who has private medical insurance ...it’s not needed.
And even the private hospitals still have to accept NHS patients...(mostly it’s the other way around, and people paying private end up having to go to universal for their treatment).

>Ah, so just like America
Only it’s free

20%

Your stupid piece of shit image gets me so mad I'd punch you in the face if you were in front of me. Every one of those countries had circumstances way beyond your comprehension and the "uSa IS tRyINg To InvAdE uS" shilling came from people couldn't see beyond their own fucking nose. The corrupt governments and politicians used that to their advantage and here you are, posting stupid shit. I'm only talking about your image btw, I don't care about your comment.

is this the new type of 'superiority' posts. pathetic.

No it isnt. Go make sure your doorknobs are in order for the next tax audit

And that’s why the service sucks. Whenever I go to visit friends in Europe every so often the service is shit tier

do you think we're any better off you fucking mong? canada and US are a shithole, shut the fuck up and accept it

>doorknobs are in order for the next tax audit
I have never once in my life, and I’m 40 now, ever had to “do my taxes”.

Frankly, the American system seems fucked ...wouldn’t it just mean people are constantly trying to fiddle their taxes ?
Yes, yes it does

Yeah, but the people are way nicer in Canada.

Protip...if you’re an Ameritard who has managed to be able to afford a passport foreign trip, pretend you are Canadian, you will have a much nicer time and people will treat you much nicer

It’s all irrelevant though bc you would be paying more anyways even if tipping wasn’t a thing. Stop being a socially inept autist. Only white trash and niggers don’t tip.

No why the fuck am I responsible for paying your employees

I don't get tipping being a percentage. Just because I ordered a full rack of ribs instead of half a rack does not mean that like $5 more of service was provided.

It makes more sense based on number of people at your table and if you're doing multi-course meals.

Attached: c35.gif (1307x734, 804K)

I deliver pizza....
If you call my shop and they say..
"Delivery will be over an hour"
And I show up 30 minutes later...
That deserves a tip
But if it does take that whole hour...that not extraordinaire service and I would not expect a large tip...if any.

Tipping is NOT mandatory. But it does show respect.
Most people will NOT fuck with your food ....
It is a jail able offense here

Attached: 1581767534588.jpg (530x472, 34K)

>Only white trash and niggers don’t tip.
And “everyone in the civilised developed world”....

You’re right
If that was a “joke” I missed it.

Must be a shitty joke .
Explain it.

I have never tipped anyone and i never will and im American.

>i never leave my house, mommy makes my tendies

Wanna trade nigger populations?

Don't worry, they're being flooded with shitskins that are almost as bad.

I am Canadian, I pay 10% usually, sometimes a bit higher if I know them well or they genuinely did something nice. Somehow there's this consensus that i have to pay someone else's salary. If they wanted a job over minimum wage they should've been a burger flipper.

Tipping is supporting employers paying their workers less than minimum wage and expecting the consumer to subsidize their wages

Attached: Screenshot_20200223-114618_Twitter.jpg (1080x1754, 925K)

>Before tipping was a way to say "Hey thanks for the excellent service!". But now its "Hey please don't spit on my food I'll give you more money"

you have a point. Can't remember the last time I've had "excellent service" in a place where tipping was expected.

Imagine living in a country that taxes people based off of retarded things like how many doorknobs and windows a house has, then trying to say you didnt already pay for gov funded shit.

They'll spin in your food if they're bored or don't like the look of you. Tipping won't change that.

>ITT: cucked Americans and server panhandlers

Spoken like a true NEET who’s never lived in his own. Must be great to be in a position to turn down job offers. You go into service with the mind set that if you work hard and stay pleasant you can earn tips on you’re own merit. But fucking retards like you ruin this whole system with shitty Mr. pink logic. You can tell most people have never had a gf or friends for that matter. I could never take my new girlfriend out and stiff the waitress, what a beta move. Why wouldn’t you wanna be the guy that tips 25% like it’s no big deal, thanks his server for a good time and then goes back to the car for some road head bc he just made a power move that was alpha as fuck? Oh right, this is Cred Forums

>finally gonna lose my virginity at 34
>somehow landed a date with a 7/10
>I’ll borrow my moms car to pick up femanon
>show up in sandals and basketball shorts with a black T-shirt.
>oh shit, didn’t see the jizz stain on the shoulder
>take date to chick filet instead of nice Italian place bc chick filet has traditionalist values such as myself
>after going on a rant about how the Jews are opressing white people, I tell her how we dodged a bullet going to that Italian place bc of how cucked society is with tipping culture.
>date is doing a 1000 yard stare out the window wishing she was anywhere else but I don’t notice bc I’m on the spectrum.
>get her attention by showing her a funny clip from an Alex Jones video and maybe some memes about the Jewish question.
>let her know she’s lucky for finally finding a traditional white alpha male and isn’t like all the other dumb whores.
>actually say that
>user can you take me home now?
>can’t wait for my well deserved blowjob
>doesn’t happen
>passive aggressively drive home in silence thinking about how right reddit and Cred Forums is about every woman being an ungrateful whore.
Drop off date and go in for an open mouth kiss anyways.
>she frantically opens the door and gets out
>tell my mom how my date ruined the night

This bitch made 16$ in 45 mins on ONE. Table, if she has 4 tables, and they all tipped 8$ additional that’s 43$ a fucking hour.

Fuck you and your tuition.

the places where you usually would be expected to tip are generally the same places where you pay after you've already eaten. Unless you make a habit of going to the same place and repeatedly not tipping, they'd have no reason to assume you wouldn't leave them a tip after their meal and likely won't preemptively spit in your food before you had the chance to do anything wrong. Just don't be an absolute dick. Also, speaking from experience as waitstaff in the past, if you can't leave a decent tip, don't leave a tip at all. I always preferred getting nothing and thinking that I screwed up somehow, over getting a few pennies and thinking they're trying to insult me. (had one bitch literally leave me a handful of rocks)

I just cook at home. Fuck all you fucking wage slaves working in kike restaurants.

legally, this is the case, however there's a loophole in the law that if you're constantly not making enough in tips, they can consider you incompetent waitstaff and fire you over it instead of raising your wages, all because of a stupid custom. (speaking as former waiter AND former GM of a restaurant)

Stone is an important and valuable building material, user.

>Here is the check, sir.
>Don't worry, gratuity has been added for you.

Just take after us Brits, don't tip unless you really fucking want to.

I say just let me go get my food straight from the kitchen and the waitress can just take my fucking order. All the people that bitch about these jobs just need to get a fucking new one. Learn a marketable skill

Cool larp

Also tldr

You will get the rope too.

he tipped 15$ that's a good tip to me, waiters just write and walk for a job i shouldn't have to spend an extra dime because some fuck realized what you did wasn't worth paying an extra 0.30$ an hour

I feel like a boycott of these places would make more sense than just not tipping... you're still giving the owner the same amount as if you had tipped...

As a non-tipper I've had to have fifty arguments with people about this. I don't need the service I'm expected to pay extra for. I wouldn't offer to do something for wage and then expect more than the wage I'm getting. If these fags are dissatisfied with their earnings they should get a better job. You're a food delivery machine. I'm not paying for the privilege of adding an extra person between me and my food, especially when people expect you to be at least friendly in return
Exactly

I don't get how you're supposed to tip based on a percentage of the check. At an upscale restaurant where a meal + drinks costs $25 each, adding up to $100 for four people; I don't see myself giving $25 to someone for fetching four plates and four glasses.

I like how she’s complaining about how compliments won’t pay her tuition while working as a waitress lmao. If money was a factor in her job choice, she wouldn’t have become a waitress.

They earn almost nothing per hour. But if they work in the right restaurants they can earn more than strippers