ITT: Fingerboxes! Fuck this nostalgia hit me hard guys...

ITT: Fingerboxes! Fuck this nostalgia hit me hard guys. My dad brought me back this one from Germany when I was a kid and it was literally my life for months. Do you remember your first one?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (400x455, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/finger-boxes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a sore point with me.

Grandad had a really nice fingerbox dating from the Twenties (the previous Twenties). Granma used to tell me that it would be mine when I grew up.

When I was at college, she died and I got back for the funeral to find my stupid aunt had junked a lot of her stuff including "that dirty old box".

The thing is, I believe she secretly knew what it was.

guys, time to nostalgia fag:
>what’s a fingerbox

What are these things and how do they work? Do you just fingerfuck the box?

Attached: 1470522509268.jpg (519x464, 15K)

Man... I haven't broken out my dad's old fingerbox in probably a decade at this point.
Throwback

layers that the box had a paranormal secret

i remember when fingerbox was just a game your creepy uncle would play with your asshole

until the late 90s and then they took off, remember my first fingerbox fondly

That's a beautiful fingerbox user. An original ayo is very rare. Cherish it. Today's my birthday. I came on b to start up a fingerbox thread. My great great grandpappy gave me my first FB for my birthday when I was 6 years old so my birthday always reminds me of them. It's good to take time to reflect back on simpler times, and the people and fingerboxes we've lost in the past. I custom make fingerboxes now. It's a decent living. Pic related.

Attached: 1417979589936.jpg (347x265, 32K)

Made by a guy down in leamington spa, the support structure is Burmese blackwood finiahed in embossed roe deer leather.

The force and tactility you get from this thing will blow your mind.

Attached: il_794xN.1827831449_8jtp_crop_99.jpg (435x435, 47K)

Here's one I'm currently working on. Had to test it out. I couldn't resist.

Attached: Custom+fingerbox_a9c7fd_7255735.jpg (1200x916, 169K)

Absolutely breathtaking user. It belongs in a museum. Have you contacted the Smithsonian or maybe the Louvre?

Looks like a tight one!

Attached: images (2).jpg (225x225, 12K)

It def is user. My client was very specific in his needs in that regard. These new fangled plastic ones damn near put me out of business in the 90s tho! Luckily fingerbox purists know that the plastic ones are no where near as reliable as wood. Was still a rough time to be a fingerbox engineer tho.

Attached: fingerbox-plastic-4702.jpg (320x320, 12K)

Sorry I wasn't clear: it's a modern commission, definitely not of collector's interest but definitely of the quality to be a family heirloom.

Attached: il_794xN.1780368540_i78f_crop_48.jpg (514x514, 80K)

Well the craftsmanship speaks for its self user. You sir are an auteur.

Dude, you have to try one.

My first one was a dovetail joined 1/4" maple piece which I purchased at an estate sale - it is still one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

I've posted this before, but one of the best things I've ever done was check out the Finger Box exhibition that came to Toronto a couple of years ago. The Toronto Institute of Modern Design hosted the show, and they had original fingerboxes from around the world, art inspired by the boxes as well as the experiences of using them. There was a whole section separated off that displayed fingerboxes from Nazi Germany (no photos allowed in that section or I'd share with you). Anyway, blew my mind. Pic related, main gallery area as you come into the exhibit.

Attached: fingerboxtrip.jpg (942x700, 468K)

Mine is broken

Attached: 31k1SV8LziL._AC_.jpg (300x284, 9K)

Wow. I'm super jealous user. Just look at the joy on everyone's face in that pic! You're very lucky to have been a part of such an amazing event.

I got one of those new organic finger boxes. Works good, but your finger stinks after using it.

Attached: finger box.jpg (250x187, 3K)

Yeah, it was awesome, especially because there were so many people of all generations attending the exhibit. One of my favourite things was seeing a young kid, maybe 10 or 12 with his granddad at a part where they had maybe a dozen or more boxes you could try out (boxes were secured to the display so no one could steal them) and the look on the kid's face as he tried one. He was talking to his granddad, and in this super wide eyed dreamy way he says, "...oh, I finally get it..." The look of pride oh his granddad's face is still etched in my memory. It's crazy thinking most boys these days have NEVER even seen one let alone got to use one

Attached: fingerboxtrip3.jpg (758x492, 257K)

Not to be that guy, but rehashing old memes and everyone pretending so they can eventually laugh at someone who probably just said "WHAT IS THIS!?" to derail it is pretty sad. At least it isn't a jew thread.

fuck off with these reddit tier memes

>Finger Box or "fingerbox" is a tactile art piece created by Ay-O in the 1960s. The boxes are small hollow cubes with a hole in the side. These boxes are filled with various objects, such as hair, cotton balls, nails. It is then on the art's observer to put their fingers in the hole of the box. Online, people have used the box as a type of prank, where in which people ask about the box and others pretend to know what it is and to have owned one since childhood. When someone asks what the box is, others in the thread mock the person who asked.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/finger-boxes

Looks like we've got a couple of big boy geniuses, be proud of your takes lads I'm sure it took a load of mental effort and didn't just fall out of your brains unformed.

Mfw too poor to afford one

Attached: 1517626300862.jpg (451x588, 99K)

>plastic fingerbox
disgusting

It's what I love about these threads. Fingerboxes ARE real, and even a basic amount of research online will show that. He'll, just ask your dad, he probably has his stuck in the back of the sock drawer, but you're such a disappointment to him he's never bothered to share it with you. Instead you post here doubting they exist even. Yeah yeah, "chemtrails are real, fingerboxes are pretend, the earth is flat."

Honestly, it just adds to the mystery so go ahead and pretend fingerboxes are a figment of the imagination.

Haha! This faggot had to look it up!

Attached: 1578124659196.jpg (541x498, 42K)

Fuck Cred Forumsro, that hit me hard. It's sad that some people refuse to enjoy the ecstasy of a finger box. My son now enjoys the finger box passed on to me from my great great grandad. Pic very related. This is one of 6 remaining fingerboxes. I have the second.

Attached: OldLucky.jpg (474x316, 18K)

cringe

Oh man, I used to have one from Hungary, handmade by an old master craftsman. I dont know where it is but I really would love to find it.

Lol, all poorfags in here with cheap plastics and shit wood.

Ok now I'm even more confused. Why have I never seen one of these things?

I've been working on a set in my workshop to give to my nephews and I'm struggling with the diameter of the hole. one finger or two fingers? I might be setting a precedent or breaking the rules here

The standard is the hole diameter fits one finger comfortably. You'll see multi hole boxes for more then one finger use at a time, but they kinda fall into the novelty end of the spectrum I'd say. A hole that fits more then one finger just seems weird to me but I'm no expert. Maybe they exist, but I don't think it would work well tbh

When I was a kid my little brother (He was 3, maybe 4) found my dad's fingerbox and 10 minutes later had smashed it to pieces with a Tonka truck. He was at an age where he smashed everything he could get his hands on, but the look in my dad's eye told me my brother fucked up bad. I caught shit too since my dad thought I should have taken it away before it was destroyed, but I wasn't even in the room when it happened. I think it genuinely changed the relationship between my dad and brother, my dad basically shut my brother out emotionally from that point on and now as adults they never even talk. I think it all stems from that point on.

I dream of coming across a nice fingerbox to gift to my dad, but then I think, nah, fuck him if his stupid fucking box was worth more to him then his own fucking son.

THIS IS A TROLL, THE GOAL IS FOR NEWFAGS TO ASK WHAT A FINGERBOX IS. Greetings from an oldfag, been here since 2015!

Attached: 7PsloBGLA4bPhLzRRHejMfOZm2t.jpg (640x360, 29K)

Lol here we go

This is clearly some weird Cred Forumsfetish.

You ALL need to get a life. Putting your finger in a box, no matter how often your grandfather fucking well did it is just fucking dumb.
Faggots, the lot of you.

>being this new

That's a rough story to hear... I guess some people are just blind to the value of a lot of things... Was it similar to OP's model?

Oh I have no idea. I have vague memories of it being around but really only ever saw the smashed results. It didn't mean anything to me any more then my mom's spoon collection she had hanging in the kitchen.

Oh shit, sorry! Thought you meant my brother fucking up. Ignore me

Ok, Milhouse.

Can anyone remember the fake Australian Finger Box court cases from the late 90’s?!

My pp so smol i put it in my fingebox :(

Here’s my Andy sixx edition fingerbox

Attached: 91DD17B1-2D03-4087-97E1-D1466531AAB9.jpg (480x869, 295K)

Were those thevscammer dudes who were taking children's toy blocks and just drilling a hole into them, and selling them as legit fingerboxes? Can't remember if that was Australia or not. If I was an asshole it might be a way to make a quick buck, but collectors take that shit serious and im too much of a fuckup to get away with it sadly.

Attached: britney.jpg (605x575, 64K)