Christians of Cred Forums, where does your faith come from?

Christians of Cred Forums, where does your faith come from?
Is faith something you are born with, or do you have to ask God to give you faith?
Can you simply choose to have faith? Explain your reasoning.

Haters and atheists welcome as always, I appreciate the bumps you guys always give to my threads. Jesus broke bread with his haters and welcomed those who were irredeemable.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (350x306, 27K)

Its about a relationship. He'll reach for us. If we ask for faith truly wanting it, he will help us. He loves us.

What about blind faith, can't I just decide I have that?

Fun fact. Religious people have lower IQs on average.

Another fun fact: Religious people are happier and healthier [than atheists] on average.

It comes from a place of not seeing viability in any other explaination.

da bibble is written in a way that doesn't make sense for it to be a lie. How come the authors of each book didn't self insert themselves as a hero in their made up story? How come there's no documentation of calling the J man's miracles bullshit? Why would they kill him if he was just a crazy dude who didn't have any real powers? they were scared af of him.

I don't disbelieve in 'the big bang' or evolution, I just don't think that it happened without some help from a greater power.

>My delusion makes me happy

Wow! If I was insane and thought I couldn’t die, I’d be braver.

At what cost?

And what makes an atheist happy?

>da bibble is written in a way that doesn't make sense for it to be a lie

WHEEZE

Belief in something costs nothing.

Pizza. Tits. Beer. Wine. Whiskey. Social gatherings. Music. Cigars. Books. Nice vistas. Paintings. Just general human things that actually exist and aren’t Jewish fairy tales with talking donkeys.

Except your rationality, of course.

cringe.

That also ties in on their IQ. Stupid people are happy more often, due to their simple minded nature.

You failed to address the healthy part, explain that

cringe.

The only valid criticism you could pull out of your dead jew worshipping asshole is that your retarded beliefs in magic are just another vice.

Never said I believe in magic.

Non-believer here but I do find it ridiculous when people make it either or. There is no real reason you can't believe scientific explanations and also believe they were nudged along by something more.

Will disagree with your middle paragraph though. Anything religious leaders didn't like was just removed and destroyed. There are a lot of "biblical" texts that aren't included in the Bible for that reason. Also Jesus was crucified by Romans to keep jewish leadership from causing unrest. They didn't care about him one way or another. Jewish leadership wanted him gone because the considered him a rabble rouser who was bad for business. No one involved with him wanted him dead because they were scared of his powers, elsewise why kill him with a couple common criminals?

>You failed to address the healthy part

Religious people indulge less in fun pleasures like alcohol because they’re no fun and eschew present fun in exchange for future joys that will totally take place in a nonexistent afterlife. How are memories, which are physical structures made of neurons, preserved after death? Who knows, it’s magic!

>I believe that a Jew died and came back to life after performing multiple feats of magic
>I don’t believe in magic

So are you a deist or something?

you forgot to mention your fedora collection

Interesting. I'll have to look into that.

I never said I believe that either.

You're building strawmen and putting words in my mouth. Angry much?

>le hat meme from ten years ago

>I never said I believe that either.

So you’re not Christian?

Imagine being a disgusting atheist

Attached: hu3MBiJ.jpg (800x444, 44K)

Imagine being a disgusting theist