I'm going to my cousin's wedding in America, I'm from south China and was curious how tipping works in America...

I'm going to my cousin's wedding in America, I'm from south China and was curious how tipping works in America? How much do you tip? Why do they tip when they are already getting paid? What happens when you don't tip?

Attached: 1581003324983.jpg (640x757, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/KPWF5j9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

20% for acceptable service lower for poor service. The reason we tip is because service employees make less than other employees.

only tip if you are going to a restaurant more than once. tips are basically a bribe to keep the m from spitting in your food

Spread dat virus

What the fuck is with all of these tipping threads? Just google it dipshit.

Attached: ronaldwtf.png (619x600, 737K)

Tipping is a scam so business owners don't have to pay single white moms minimum wage.

Attached: 1581029746081.png (500x375, 231K)

Don't tip. They won't remember you anyway. Fucking waste of money if you are going somewhere you won't go again.

If they do a great job flip a few bucks.

You don't tip unless you plan to go back to the restaurant / whatever

If you do tip, typically anywhere from 0% to 20% depending on however much you want to tip.

This cunt in the OP's image is an extreme case of needy greedy bitch that obviously doesn't know anything about money or how to make money.

Attached: 1582501800693.jpg (1255x615, 77K)

>What happens when you don't tip?
The police van comes and harvests your organs right there in the parking lot.

Pretty sure Cred Forums is blocked in China so enjoy another troll thread.

Just double the bill. The customary tip is 100% for diseased chinks.

In addition, some restaurants will bitch at you if you don't tip or tip very little. But they are not legally allowed to make you tip more.

True story:
>Went to some Korean resto outside of NYC and spent about $160
>Was very young, didn't really understand tipping culture still
>Tip $5 because nothing was good or bad.
>The waiter looks at me as if I stepped on a baby
>Asks 'does that say $5???'
>'Yes'
>'That is not acceptable. Minimum is 10%'
>???
>Wondering why they don't just include that shit in the food cost
>Just give in and put 10% tip
>Never liked tipping ever since. Hardly ever go out to restaurant to eat now

Found the jew. I tip at least 30%

Don't listen to this faggot. Never tip. Tipping is for cucks

take 20% of the bill and put that as the tip. nothing happens if you don't tip unless you're a regular customer there then they might treat you poorly. If you don't have a waiter you don't need to tip the people at the counter. ALWAYS tip bartenders.

they are getting paid less than the federal minimum wage and if they don't make enough tips the restaurant pays the difference to match minimum wage. for popular restaraunts on good nights you can make much more than minimum wage, but it's not steady income. The U.S. is run by conservative white men who don't like change, so that's why we still have the system.

also this, this bitch was shorted five dollars, she needs to calm the fuck down

Found the cuck. Imagine giving into the cuck system

Customarily it's 15% of the purchase price for speedy service and if you were satisfied with the meal. If referring to the wedding, you don't tip there. Not your responsibility. Also caterers paid ahead of time. Apart from that, some people tip cab drivers and valet attendants. Tip the cab driver if he doesn't rape you, the valet if they didn't scratch your car. $2-$5 each.

Imagine being such a fat jew you can't afford the extra 30%

>extra 30%
You can get a whole another item with that extra 30%

fuck wagies like this, you don't do shit except bring a drink and the plate ohhh so fucking hard

Imagine being this much of a broke fat jew you can't afford the 30% and instead you are pinching pennies for an extra item

Fuck broke fat jews like you. Can't afford it? Don't eat at restaurants.

you get a pass if you're a foreigner so just play ignorant.

You want a tip? I'll give you just the tip then you'll want the whole thang.

Tipping is customary in the US because service employees make basically nothing otherwise. 20% is customary, unless you really liked the service, then 25-30%. You can tip 15% and get away with it, but you will look like a cheap-skate. Anyone here telling you not to tip is a fucking neckbeard. Anyone telling you that it only matters if youre coming back doesnt realize that servers in a town all talk to each other, and you will be put on blast in some group chat so that all the servers in an area will know that youre a cheap piece of shit. Yea, restaurants should just pay their workers, and build it into the price of food, but thats not the way it works right now, youre expected to tip. If youre not prepared to tip, go get fast food, as there is no expectation for tipping there.
Idiots that say tipping is lame just want their fucking tendies anyways, so they should just go to kfc or whatever local drive through for that shit.

Man you really want this thread to take off . Don’t be so desperate, this thread has been guaranteed bait nonstop for weeks now, you’ll get results

Stop me.

>Yea, restaurants should just pay their workers, and build it into the price of food, but thats not the way it works right now, youre expected to tip.

Obviously if everyone keeps tipping it's going to stay that way forever

The restaurants will after they are done spitting in your food

Is food dirt cheap over there? 20% of the fucking bill? I heard you people dont include tax in the sale of items either.

>I'm from south China
Don't unless you want to end up in quarantine.

Here in China the quarantine is nothing like in the news. We are still traveling lol.

depends on the State / City
Most places do have sales tax on literally everything
and no food isn't dirt cheap for the most part

I wasn't talking about China.

>tip

Get a real fucking job

Here in China is actually Sheboygan, Wisconsin, because the OP is a fag.

imgur.com/KPWF5j9

bitch needs to reevaluate herself if shes paying her tuition while she works.

Attached: making-one-dollar-bill-look-like-four-dollars-tipping-tip.jpg (735x636, 111K)

lol they act like they work so hard. Black people don't tip at all and nobody gives them shit for it

Waitresses don't punch down.