Fingerbox thread only rare boxes

Fingerbox thread only rare boxes

Attached: il_340x270.1827831449_8jtp.jpg (340x270, 18K)

What's a fingerbox?

Very nice bro

Attached: fingerbox-ay-o.jpg (512x582, 59K)

get on my level faggots

Attached: download (4).jpg (212x237, 12K)

Low quality bait

Not even rare, faggot. My best friend has that one and he's not even a real collector.

lol what this about i not from understandings

Woooah, I remeber these, I had a cheap plastic one as a kid, thanks for the memories friend

I know they were mass produced in Russia but they're pretty rare now where I live

Attached: A_steel_32hole_finger_box_of_Soviet_design.jpg (200x185, 8K)

Not rare at all, here in Sverdlovsk Oblast you can still find one in every household. They are unbreakable.

It's funny because I didn't believe my friend as a kid when he said he saw one of these in a magazine. I thought he was having one of those "that kid" moments and was bullshitting me. I mean seriously, though, it sounded way too good to be true Found out years later and felt bad.

Can't imagine having one of these as a kid. I probably would have shit my pants on Christmas morning.

In the early seventies UAZ produced thousands of them every day.

Ok but this is 2020 and they're hard to find in Florida. Sucks because they're really great for parties I've been told

>2020
>Still using wooden fingerboxes
>Not using a digital fingerbox

Imagine being this much of a fucking boomer

Attached: 452323534532246.jpg (272x185, 6K)

This was my grandfathers MK21 fingerbox that he brought home after the big war. He passed it down to my father and I hope that one day it'll be passed along to me. I have used it a few times and let me tell you, the quality is top notch.

Attached: mk21.png (300x277, 48K)

What level? plastic, hollow, collectors boxes that are made to look like the movie prop? that level?

Mate make a cardboard one, it's good for single uses, like a party, but you would need a new one for each time

Nice 10 year old meme faggot

of course you wouldn't understand craftmanship and go right for what's "easy"

>zoom zoom faggot

Attached: 1581946906404.gif (498x429, 295K)

t. zoomer

>A-yo
Das classic

True story, my dad literally saw these for the first time at Walmart the other day and snapped. He legit swiped a bunch of them off the shelf and we had to leave. I've rarely seen him so angry. I felt for him, the gooks fucked up the entire fingerbox industry

The digital fingerboxes even have games on them which I think defeats the purpose. Trust the Japanese to completely misunderstand such a time honored Western novelty

Attached: waE7wjWd3dGsUskzx52xBe4FCK_IDpyMOjgUyh36r9M.jpg (570x427, 36K)

Those metal ones aren't rare, but the early Soviet boxes had a bakelite case, just like the original 1923 Braun design. They were far less sturdy than those boxes fron the 70s, and are far harder to find nowadays. I have never seen one that wasn't damaged in some way.

Display box. Not actually designed for use.

Attached: silver display box.jpg (570x570, 93K)

Such beautiful FBs in this thread! I miss the good old days. Simpler times.

Attached: 1417979589936.jpg (347x265, 32K)

thats worth some real money..seen one like that on antique roadshow a while back..the guy said to have it insured for 15k..look into it ...

That hole is awful

Attached: 1D533D17-0109-48AF-9F59-88C9F4D31314.jpg (750x321, 101K)

Exactly why you would never use it. Made to just sit on a shelf.
It is real silver, though.

I haven't seen finger boxes for years. I have a vintage one that has been past down my family for years. Nice to see that they are still popular and making a come back

Yeah it’s different but I would like to try digital one some day. Enyone knows where to get digital finger box?

Wow! As much as I could use the money, I'd rather not. It is, after all, a family heirloom...thanks for the heads up though!

It's just not worth it. The edges are too rough and when inserting a finger they get scraped up. Also, having to replace the batteries every so often can be a chore not to mention costly. I recommend a nice mahogany mK 31 or newer. Beautiful rounded edges and the build quality is par none

Classic, timeless, fragile.

Attached: W1siZiIsIjMwMTUxMyJdLFsicCIsImNvbnZlcnQiLCItcmVzaXplIDIwMDB4MjAwMFx1MDAzZSJdXQ.jpg (1936x2000, 438K)

Very nice! I would consider removing the sticker as it sort of ruins the aesthetics of the box...but you do you.

>he removes the Fragile sticker from possibly the most iconic fingerbox of all time, immediately eviscerating it's value and aesthetics
I hate this generation

What’s a figgner box?

You should be careful with these. The 15 series that UAZ produced from 1979 to 1981 is linked to a rise in child mortality rates in the Ural region, where most of them were sold in the early 80s. This was never acknowledged by Soviet authorities, and there has been no research into what might have caused the correlation. But they stopped selling the 15 series after 1984. After the fall of the Soviet Union a large batch was sold to the west, so there is a decent chance that cute box you see at a garage sale is a 15 series. Always check the serial number at the bottom, and avoid everything that starts with 623 or 743.