Do people living in Alsace-Lorraine/Elsass-Lothringen feel French?

Do people living in Alsace-Lorraine/Elsass-Lothringen feel French?

I went there and they all spoke German, so probably not.

Strasburg je Amerika!

French is the dominant language there now.

Doesn't have to mean anything. There are places in Finland where most people speak swedish, but they are quite nationalistic for Finland.

Yes

Yes. French is not an ethnicity but a civic nationalist identity.

t. anglo
it is sacred french soil

Why do you lie

fucking non-countries

Yeah, why wouldn't we?
Lmao no we don't, only very old people do. My great-grandfather couldn't speak French very well and instead spoke Alsatian and German, but nowadays everyone speaks French. You must have gone to some shitty countryside city.

I used to live in Thionville. I can conclude Thionvilloise fell LUXEMBOURGISH more than anything. Their original language was Luxembourgish. Most of the people in that city commute to Lux each day. The food in both cities is identical. Alsace is a lot more culturally German though.

Only those that have to cross the border to find work speak some German. :^)

The architecture and the cuisine are German. The people aren't.

>there are people in France that feel proud they don't speak the language of their ancestors, and think bad of those who still do

This is extremely disapointing.

mon dieu

Où ? La Moselle ou Alsace ?

unironically yes, specially in Lorraine, people in Alsatians think they are special and want special treatment (they hate Lorrains) but they hate fritz
Lorrains are very very patriotic
also this

Nigger, I saw people dressed in Lederhosen and going on about the Gutenberg press. That place was German as fuck.

Yes

I think it's kinda funny

>people in Alsatians think
Alsatians think*

Then you must have walked though a time machine.

yeah, it's something you can laugh at too

Look, Alsace has belonged to France since 1646 although it was taken by Germany in 1871 for a span of 40 years. It shouldn't be that surprising that I feel more French than German. Be disappointed at yourself for not speaking the same language as your moor ancestors.

Les deux.

It's not even Alsacien or Lorrain traditional costume.

lol
so this is the famed French fragility

>Look, Alsace has belonged to France since 1646 although it was taken by Germany in 1871 for a span of 40 years.
Not to be all muh heritage here, but I was doing some genealogy work and I found this one alsatian ancestor of mine who lived there when the Germans took over. He didn't speak any German until it was annexed. His surname was a German one with a more French spelling which I guess is pretty common in Alsace.

Most of French people back then didn't speak French, but the language became one of the nation's simbols, so they feel attached to that.

YOUR MOM

You "muh heritage" faglords just disgust me. Nothing wrong with making that apparent.

>His surname was a German one with a more French spelling which I guess is pretty common in Alsace.
yes because it's alsatian...

Oui. La gare de Metz-Ville est allemande.

?
you must be coming here very angry from somewhere else

It is sad that the grandchildren don't speak the same language as the grandparents, it has nothing to do with being muh heritage or not; tell me, would you feel happy if your grandchildren spoke arabic? Or are you going to call them a "muh heritage faglords" if they don't?

Do they feel French or Catalan?

Anyone that comes here naturally must adopt the language of the law and commons, this is a different country.

>Do French people feel French?
Gee, I wonder...

Makes sense, yours is a country of migrants, migrants usually aren't the kind people that care about such things.

Catalan

>would you feel happy if your grandchildren spoke arabic?
how is that related
French is the official language since 500 years, it comes from here, it's the official language of the Republic

My great-grandfather is the one who made it so my grandfather could receive a French education. I am culturally French and I have no regrets.

Historically speaking, Metz was actually never overwhelmingly German-speaking to begin with. It was always pretty split.

Would Alsatians vote yes to becoming an independent country?

Stop acting retarded. Should I speak Anglo-Saxon, because that's what my ancestors spoke? The people of Alsace are Frenchman. They've been French for hundreds of years. French IS their language. Full stop.

No

No. There are no serious separatist movements in France. The most serious one is Corsica and it's still a complete joke.
The whole territory of France has been through two centuries of voluntary assimilation. People realized during the Revolution that our country needed to be united, so all regions voluntarily gave up their language in favor of French. We all feel completely French, hence the "fraternity" in our motto.

They actually declared themselves independent at one point think and used to have a quite active separatist movement but in the end there were always annexed by the larger powers.

they're not in their own country, so it stands to reason that they would adopt the language of the one they move to, otherwise what are they even doing here

do they feel french or arab?

>but in the end there were always annexed by the larger powers.
They used to be quite independent for most of their history though

But you do seem like you speak anglo-saxon, if you couldn't understand what I wrote and you had posted this sorry ass reply.

the eradication of their own langauge is a more recent development

The truth is the feel Parisian, more than anything, and they will constantly remind you of it, no matter how long it's been that they left.

Both.

>tries to push an identity on him
>y-you're fragile

I don't try to push identities on anyone, I actually dislike those practices.