Any Norway friends here that could help me answer a question...

Any Norway friends here that could help me answer a question. This week my father discovered the "Descent from a Norwegian parent" clause to norwegian citizenship and he is curious to see if it is applicable to him. His father was a Norwegian citizen but fled the country in the 40's and came to Canada. My father was born in Canada in 1960.
Based on this info, does anyone know if he would qualify for citizenship or do they not accept >leafs

Other urls found in this thread:

udi.no/en/word-definitions/norwegian-by-birth/#link-535
udi.no/en/word-definitions/norwegian-by-birth/
udi.no/en/word-definitions/are-you-a-norwegian-citizen/
udi.no/skal-soke/statsborgerskap/melde-statsborgerskap/?c=swe#link-437
norden.org/sv/hallaa-norden/norge/bo-och-vistas-i-norge/medborgarskap-i-norge
udi.no/en/want-to-apply/citizenship/?c=fin
globalnews.ca/news/4033967/saskatoon-weather-outlook-forecast-frigid-family-day/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are European countries so desperate for citizens

Hungary, Poland and Ireland all have "if your grandmother was Hungarian, Polish or Irish, you can also have a free Hungarian, Polish, or Irish citizenship!"

Maybe because dropping birth rates, decreasing population...

So? Then have a lower population. You don't need ever increasing populations all the time

We need young people to support old people

Do the Japanese thing and make robots

Do you know which law he was reading? There was a new one in 2005, which I assume he was reading, which would give him norwegian citizenship. But in the law before that, there was a requirement that the norwegian father had to be married to the foreign woman. Look at this for more info: udi.no/en/word-definitions/norwegian-by-birth/#link-535

>Born before 1979
>If you were born before 1979 and you are uncertain about whether you became a Norwegian citizen at birth, you can contact the UDI for more information.
udi.no/en/word-definitions/norwegian-by-birth/

Send them an email

Thank you friend.

Check this btw. Did your father spend time in Norway as a kid?
udi.no/en/word-definitions/are-you-a-norwegian-citizen/

Fucking sweet man, wish I could be Norwegian too.

Norway only wants the non-gun people, you can keep the rest

Literally just move there then. It's easy as shit if you're Nordic.

>It's easy as shit if you're Nordic.

it's easy as shit for all eu citizens, just ask the poles

You can. If you are a nordic citizen you can register as a norwegian citizen after you have lived in Norway for seven years. Although they don't accept multiple citizenships, so you'll have to give up any other citizenships you have before you register your new citizenship.

It's even easier for Nordic however which was my point. You just need to notify the government that you're moving and that's it. Other EU countries have to deal with a lot more paper work.

I can't speak norwegian and my swedish names just make me a target for insecure norwegians.

Nordicks only have to live here for 2 years.

yes

Do you unironically think people would give a shit about that? I would be very happy for any immigrant that was from another Nordic country at least.

You sure? I know that in Denmark and Sweden it's only two years, but in Norway it seems to be seven from what I've read.

>udi.no/skal-soke/statsborgerskap/melde-statsborgerskap/?c=swe#link-437
>"Krav for å få kunne melde norsk statsborgerskap
Du må ha fylt 18 år.
Du må ha bodd i Norge sammenhengende i de siste syv årene, og være bosatt i Norge når du leverer meldinge"

>norden.org/sv/hallaa-norden/norge/bo-och-vistas-i-norge/medborgarskap-i-norge
>"Nordiska medborgare över 18 år kan anmäla norskt medborgarskap istället för att ansöka om det efter att de har bott i Norge i sju år. För detta krävs det emellertid att man avsäger sig till tidigare medborgarskap. Även om de övriga nordiska länderna tillåter dubbla medborgarskap gör endast Norge det i vissa fall. Läs mer om detta längre ner. Du måste vara bosatt i Norge när du ansöker om norskt medborgarskap och du får inte ha varit dömd till fängelsestraff eller andra typer av frihetsberövande."

plz be qt girl

I'm eligible for Norwegian citizenship, is there some way that this can allow me to live and work in the UK without any problem?

Yeah I just saw that as well. It also says this though:
>If you are a Nordic citizen over the age of 12 and you have lived in Norway for the last two years, you can apply for Norwegian citizenship.
udi.no/en/want-to-apply/citizenship/?c=fin

Two ways it seems. I don't really understand the difference.

Norwegian citizens can live and work in britain. Although with brexit currently ongoing, I doubt there are many people flocking into there.

Makes sense. There are some similarly annoying and almost contradicting shit like that when I was looking up how to become a finnish citizen. Have to look up both for nordic citizens and for people under 22.

Since there seems to be a lot of nordic bros here, i'm going to try to hijack this thread with a question. What is the weather even like in Scandinavia. Here Dec/Jan/Feb is like -30 a few times each week without wind chill. Low as -45/50 when wind is bad.
Is it much worse in the nordic regions or could a leaf survive.

I get it. The difference is that after 7 years you will get it no matter what. You can however apply for it after 2 years but then you might get rejected.

It's been between -10 and -15 degrees where I live along the coast for since the start of january.

Yeah, I just don't understand why they might reject it if you fulfill the requirements listed?

In the Faroe Islands you have to send a letter to the royal governor of the nation or something to apply for the early type of citizenship

It varies a lot from region to region. I'm from the west coast and we have a lot of rain. Winter is typically -5 to +10ish. We have to go to the mountains if we want snow. In the eastern parts you have "proper" winter with snow and temperatures in the negatives.

Probably has a lot to do with your situation.

If you're have a Norwegian wife and a stable work you probably will get it after 2 years. If you only study in Norway it might be a different story, I mean giving out a citizenship only because you studied there for +2 years doesn't really make sense imo.

Where do you live in Canada though? I always see Canadians say that have -30 all the time but then I look up the daily means for the bigger cities and it's not even close to that.

Here in Stockholm it's between like +2 and -4 during the winter months.

In Saskatchewan, the prairies are terrible due to the mountains in BC/Alberta giving us bad weather. We get freezing winters and what I consider very hot summers (+30C)
globalnews.ca/news/4033967/saskatoon-weather-outlook-forecast-frigid-family-day/

Most provinces don't have these kind of extremes and some barely even get snow or freezing temperatures.

Are norwegian girls submissive towards swedish speaking guys? Is it a thing?

Ps. Tromsö rules.

Well, the only location you will experience similar temperatures like that in the Nordic countries is in northern Sweden and Finland in cities like Kiruna and even then it's only -25 during colder days with maybe one day a year below -30.

Otherwise it's pretty much -5 to -15 in most of Sweden/Norway/Inland Norway and above 0 in the most southern parts of Sweden and Denmark.

Scandinavia being very cold is a meme from other Europeans since they think anything under -0 is cold.