Can we get a spectre thread going. Favorite runs, panels, covers; anything really

can we get a spectre thread going. Favorite runs, panels, covers; anything really

Other urls found in this thread:

www1.zippyshare.com/v/IwnRs5ip/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/1oaF6fvE/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/MsLKaRDe/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/wQlRsqMp/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/ejf1pgKr/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/bKQHTnli/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/pfyGglLu/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/RAqkIz2l/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP, you made the mistake of liking a good character. Try shitposting like a cartoonfag and you'll get more replies.

That being said, my favorite Spectre stuff is usually with the JSA. I like seeing him deal with being on a team, because he's really not fit for it. All the other members are constantly trying to make sure Spectre doesn't nuke the world because he had a bad day. Spectre is proof that overpowered does not need to equal boring.

I recommend golden age Spectre and almost all modern JSA stuff that includes him. All three versions of Spectre are good. Not many heroes can say that.

There was that horror series recently that had Spectre as a massive plot point, the name escapes me but it's GCPD's mystical cases division...

Gotham by Midnight

>I recommend golden age Spectre and almost all modern JSA stuff that includes him. All three versions of Spectre are good. Not many heroes can say that.
What's some good Crispus stories? I don't think I've read much with him other than a JSA 80 page special and that one GL issue of Blackest Night but I love Jim and Hal Spectres

Tbh I'd actualky like to see Snyder do the Spectre. It's one of the things in DC I think he'd nail.

I'd love to see a continuation of Gotham by Midnight with him writing.

This. The only thing I didn't like about Gotham by Midnight/nuSpectere was that he was from the modern era, and not from the Depression.

Wait, what's that from?

DC showcase animated short. Really good cartoon.

name plz

Give stories of Spectre being strong.

Showcase Presents The Spectre iirc

It was bundled with some other shorter features like Superman /Shazam

Thank you user!

>Gotham Central
pre-Spectre Crispus
>Final Crisis Revelations
should be read during FC
>Tales of the Unexpected: The Spectre
Crispus ongoing

That's basically all of his major material. I'm sure he's popped up here and there, but that's the major stuff.

Thanks friend

God, what I wouldn't give to see Alan Moore write a Spectre series. That would have been right up his alley.

Forgot to add
>Final Crisis Aftermath: The Spectre

Ostrander's Spectre is one of my favourite runs.

Templesmith's art was the point of that book. There was no charm after he left.

I liked Ferreyra's art on the book a lot

The Silver Age/Vol. 2 version of the book is pretty weird with the whole Double dual natures with Jim and Madame Xanadu. Vol. 3 is probably the best of the series though because Ostrander really took him into amazing places. Vol. 4 is nice change of pace because it deals with space supernatural rather than Earth. I didn't really like Crispus that much.

Ostrander's run was GOAT when it dealt with how organized religion would work in a superhero universe. It was pretty lousy when it was trying to address contemporary social issues - if it came out today we'd be mocking those parts as SJW bullshit.

> if it came out today we'd be mocking those parts as SJW bullshit.

Oh no doubt. Just the first arc would have people calling Jim a cuck because he was in love with a girl who had AIDS.

>he was in love with a girl who had AIDS.
Details?

Iirc she got HIV from her husband cheating on her, she was a counselor that Jim worked with or something

Gotham By Midnight deserved more love.

Thanks bud. I think I might have that one, but I haven't gotten a chance to read it.

It was one of the first couple arcs of Ostrander's Spectre

That part wasn't as poorly written as the part later where all the powerful people in the country were in one big conspiracy to keep everyone else down.

It's not the philosophy that bugs me either, just the quality of writing, especially compared to how amazing some other parts are.

How is it cuckoldry? It's not like Gods spirit of wrath is going to get AIDS from her.

It did have a SJW Madame Xanadu as a villain.

I think it's more that she's been with another man than the AIDS aspect. Used goods and all that?

Because in this day and age of Cred Forums, anyone who is romantically involved with a girl who has had sex or a previous relationship before, they are a cuck.

Good. Back to the basics.

Anyone who likes 3DPD is an automatic cuck.

This was pretty great, especially the sound tracks on the beginning and end.

What said, but Revelations can be read without Final Crisis as it's pretty much a self contained story that concludes Greg Rucka's arc with his Gotham Central characters Cris and Renee and much better than Final Crisis Also

Reading order
>Gotham Central
>Infinite Crisis Aftermath - The Spectre
>52 (the Renee Montoya parts)
>Tales of the Unexpected - The Spectre
>Crime Bible - Five lessons In Blood
>Pipeline (back up story in Detective Comics 854-865)
>Blackest Night - The Question
>Final Crisis Revelations

It's the first trade, which is in fact in print now, so there is zero excuse to not buy that shit right the fuck now.

Unpopular opinion:
I think Crispus Allen was the most interesting host the Spectre has ever had and wish that'd stuck around in the New 52.

Unpopular maybe, not hardly controversial. All three Spectres are really good. He;s one of the only comic characters where every incarnation is worthy of the mantle.

Tales of the Unexpected 001 (2006) (digital) (Glorith-Novus)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/IwnRs5ip/file.html

Tales of the Unexpected 002 (2007) (digital) (Glorith-Novus)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/1oaF6fvE/file.html

Tales of the Unexpected 003 (2007) (digital) (Glorith-Novus)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/MsLKaRDe/file.html

Tales of the Unexpected 004 (2007) (digital) (Glorith-Novus)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/wQlRsqMp/file.html

Tales of the Unexpected 005 (2007) (digital) (Glorith-Novus)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/ejf1pgKr/file.html

Tales of the Unexpected 006 (2007) (digital) (Glorith-Novus)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/bKQHTnli/file.html

Tales of the Unexpected 007 (2007) (digital) (Glorith-Novus)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/pfyGglLu/file.html

Tales of the Unexpected 008 (2007) (digital) (Glorith-Novus)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/RAqkIz2l/file.html

>worthy

Becoming the Spectre means that you done fucked up and God wants to test you first before you move on.

Is Golden Age Spectre collected anywhere? I wanna get into him and Deadman's most famous runs, but I also enjoy reading Golden Age and Silver Age stuff every now and then.

There has literally never been a Deadman comic that wasn't worth reading, have fun. It's almost true for Spectre. Hence why there doesn't seem to be a rec image. Just download everything. If you're a buyfag...you're kinda outta luck.

yeah, I'm a buyfag, but if it's not collected yet I'm cool with piracy.

Well it IS collected in Spectre Archives, but it's expensive as fuck. As good as it is, not worth the price.

Eh, Archives is where I get very particular. Since the line is all but dead, the only ones I'm interested in are the ones that collect full runs. Like All-Star Comics or Doom Patrol.

Sadly they only ever released the first volume, so it's not the complete golden age run. Here's a quick guide for old Spectre:
More Fun Comics 52-101 (I dont remember if he appears in all of these, but there's lots of Doctor Fate too)
The Spectre v1 (10 issues)
Wrath of the Spectre (reprints his Adventure Comics run in the 70s)
Ghosts 97-99 (horror anthology that had spectre guest star)
Spectre v2 (31 issues)

Then Ostrander, Halspectre, etc.

That's not including various appearances in other stuff. You should be able to find all this easily in MTCDC-NMC