1. What's up with this gorillas proportions?

1. What's up with this gorillas proportions?

2. Why is Dredd not that popular on Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wxt1ZwMe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's a gorilla you idiot.

>A facist, violent, right leaning law enforcement agent isn't popular with Cred Forumsmblr

Unbelievable.

There's Judge Dredd threads all the time.

Sure but they are generally very slow and is the same very small fanbase of users.

I'm gonna start reading the Megazine with this issue I think. 2000AD is a bit much for me and it's only really Dredd in the modern comics I'm interested in. I'd love to read some of the old stuff though.

Well, yeah. But its satire. You're not supposed to agree with what he does.

I only read 2000AD for Dredd too.

If you wanna read the old shir there are 27 case file volumes which collect Dredd chronologically.

Also this pastebin is good for recent stuff as the case files are only up to 1999 right now.

pastebin.com/wxt1ZwMe

Libtards have trouble telling the difference. They take it seriously, like they take Cred Forums and trolling seriously.

I have problems reading dredd because I never know where to star and I want to know his origin and shit, but only really old issues are about that and I don't like those old as fuck issues

Just like every thread that's actually about comics.

Hes just a clone of the first Chief Judge. That's all you really need to know.

You could read Origins I guess. Explains how the Judges came to power.

You can jump on pretty much anywhere.

Ah no, I'm going through the case files, I meant I was curious about other 2000AD stuff too, ABC warriors mainly.

I made a rec image for Dredd in december.

Ah. Yeah I never really give the other stuff a try. A lot of it looks like cheap generic SciFi shlock. Like comic Mass Effect.

Slaine is god tier though.

There should be a list of 2000AD stuff to check out.

Or maybe he isn't popular because he's a British non-cape character, published by a British company in the UK, and Cred Forums is mostly US and mostly capeshit.

But why think like a reasonable person when you can indulge your pathetic persecution complex.

thats a very face value interpretation of the themes user

Judge harambe?
This, and also amerifats have no taste and only like super pooper scooper man. Also, judge dredd kicks ass.

What happened to that Tex Cit attempted takeover of Mega City One?

If you'd like to check out some classic 2000AD, I'd recommend:
- Strontium Dog (by the same creative team as Dredd)
- The Ballad of Halo Jones (early awesome Alan Moore)
- ABC Warriors (The Black Hole storyline had Bisley's first published art)
- Nemesis the Warlock
- Rogue Trooper

And for more modern fare, I'd recommend:
- The Order
- Shakara
- Nikolai Dante
- Kingdom

>Why is Dredd not that popular on Cred Forums?
But we have Thredds all the time.

Also, to answer OP's first question, the cover reminds me a lot of how Mick McMahon would draw apes, so maybe they're going for a subtle homage to it.

Isnt that the arc were they compared urban blacks to literal apes?

no thats the ape gang, way earlier

JUDGE HARAMBE

DAYSTICKS OUT FOR JUDGE HARAMBE

Because it's good so therere's nothing to argue about, other than the other rare user than wants to fuck him.

Actually I disagree. What makes him such a compelling character for me is that he can absolutely be the hero of a story or the villain without changing his characterisation one jot.

It is possible to agree with Dredd sometimes, just as much as it is possible to use him for stories where you're not supposed to.

In that regard he's one of the most versatile cape characters going.

user you spug, only the Chief Judge is allowed to wear capes!
But yeah, 100% agree. For such an unflexible dude, he's a surprisingly flexible character.

Matter of fact, let's illustrate the point. First, Dredd as the villain...

And now, the other side of the coin.

I read this one already, is about the brain girl.

My dick gets hard whenever I see Dredd discussion.

Movie sequel or TV show when?

So you see, wether you're good or evil things are always going to end badly for everyone involved.
The lesson is: never try.

Jesus Dredd, that's horrible

Judge and a gang teleported not-trump and she blew up. The end.

It was all very rushed.

Burgerstani here, Judge Dredd is pretty great.

Well yeah the main appeal of Dredd to me is that stories cover every genre and theme imaginable and constant changing art styles.

But Dredd is 99% of the time a fascist stick in the mud you definitely aren't supposed to support his actions.

Judges are not the nicest of guys. Story goes that Wagner and Grant would make a list of all the major story beats for every new Dredd story, and always at the top of the list was one of two options: "Dredd as the hero" or "Dredd as the villain."
You can probably imagine which one was on this.

Guess its time for the GREAT ARSOLI

FIN

What the fuck?

Not every story has Dredd as the Hero or villain ...

Welcome to the glorious world of Simon Bisley. The Dredd GOAT

So u from pakistani or america

The fact that many SJWs and Libtards loved Rorschach and Comedian kind of fucks up your argument.

I think the message with Dredd is that sometimes you need people to do what others might deem as wrong or immoral in order to save lives or society

Thats dumb. They simply should thin the out of control population and crime wouldlnt be so out of control.

You simple boy.

The thing about Dredd is that it constantly asks the question of wether a society like this is worth saving. The citizens of Mega-City One live dull, horrible, gray lives of crushing alienation punctuated by explosive spurts of absolute insanity and ending with their bodies getting literally thrown into a conveyor belt with hundreds of others to be recycled into products. Is that a life even worth living? Not to mention that for all their bluster of being humanity's last hope for survival, the judges have failed repeatedly at even that basic level. And you can also take into account all the different options we see within the strip, like space colonies, farm camps, even the Cursed Earth looks downright hospitable compared to MC-1 some times.
Dredd is a very flexible strip, yes, but it should never be mistaken as one that advocates for a police state. Even Twilight's Last Gleaming was more of an in-universe solution, intentionally smudged by the unique conditions of MC-1's electorate.

>only the Chief Judge is allowed to wear capes!
>who is judge lamia.jpg
judge user you rube

>not-trump
i thought she was clinton

Yeah user, who IS Judge Lamia? Has she been in anything recently, mmm-mmm-mmm? I actually really dug her and wish she'd show up in something already, dammit.

ok ok JA
who is Judge Fauster.jpg

Son of a witch.

You're onto sssomething there, user. They should begin as sssoon as posssible!

its ok JA we all make msitakes

But user what if I do?

Well, if we're gonna do international judges...

im out, cant thinka no more

Good, 'cause otherwise I'd have to bust out Judge Cesare and the Crusade crew. Have a Hershey instead!

ok now fuck me if that name rings a bell, was he the guy who fell into 17th century england and fought a frog demon?

I may be wrogn but i think Judge Kulotte or whatever and his men from inception had capes

Nah, Cesare was the Vatican City Judge with the creepy goatee and the blades everywhere. Least, I think he was.

>Why is Dredd not that popular on Cred Forums?

Because it's from a non American publisher.

oh yeah now i remember, that was the battle royale style one with all the foreign judges right?

Yep, that one. Also, speaking of Old One-Eye...