What does Cred Forums think of the Static Shock cartoon...

What does Cred Forums think of the Static Shock cartoon? It's one of the worst things associated with DC's name but it has its moments.

I wanted to stick my dick in her frigid puss.

>You will never know whether life turned out alright for permafrost.
>You'll never see her adopted by a warm and loving family.

I liked it, probably because I'm black and Virgil's dad was literally my dad

I don't know if I'd say worse but it certainly had its issues.

> Too many 'very special episodes'
> Celebrity cameos
> Horrible theme music
> Did I mention CELEBRITY CAMEOS

It did do enough things right though to be remembered mostly positive unlike the Batman Beyond spinoff Zeta Project that barely anyone remembers was a thing.

The problem with Static Show is you can't help but think no one gave a shit about it because the production values were so bad. It's hard to believe despite that, though, it had crossovers with Batman and co.

It was good in it's own way. DC hasn't been able to do anything well with a black protagonist since.

I vaguely remember McDuffie drawing a comic where corporate executives literally tear the heart out of a struggling creator's baby.
So there's that.

I thought the Second Season was good.

Enjoyed that Batman Beyond episode a lot.

It was a great show.

didn't lil bowwow show up on a episode?

they made Terry a asshole during that.

Yes sadly he did and so did Shaq in one episode. Then there was that really cringy one with those NBA stars that became a team called Hoop Squad

Great character design and villeins.

A crime against capeshit DC managed to do absolutely nothing of note with the character and let him slide into nothing. But who knows, maybe the wheels of the cyborg bus will finally fall off and Static will get a Harley level push.

Just like his daddy

It put a shock to my system.

I liked it, Had some pretty cool villains and the crossovers were cool.

The cartoon was a neutered by standards and practices. The comic deals with a lot of pretty heavy social issues that the cartoon could only barely touch on. Still, it got away with talking about a lot of things like guns and racism in ways no other shows really were able to before or since, and it did it with more skill and tact than most.

I'd really love to see Static get some love in the form of a Netflix series or a direct to DVD movie. Especially in today's political climate a young Black hero dealing with street crime would be super relevant.

Static > Cyborg.

>tfw this too

This show made me racist against white people

Virgil's dad was awesome. I'm Irish but I wish he was my dad or at least my cool next door neighbor.

>Horrible theme music
>hating SUPAH HERO SATATIC SHOCK WOOP WOOP!
delete yourself

It's a good show.

DC doesn't own Static, he is owned by Milestone. DC had a licensing and publishing agreement with Milestone that let them use him.

>It's one of the worst things associated with DC's name

Christ, could you be any less of a tryhard?

Seriously, fucking who is this character, and tears she from?

Google image search.

Odd name, but thanks.

BEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBEBE

MEDICINE. BAD F**KING MEDICINE.

>It's one of the worst things associated with DC's name but it has its moments.
Hardly.

SOOOOUUUUUULLLL POWEERRRR

Black people just don't make good super heroes.

It's just too unrealistic, can't suspend disbelief.

Cred Forums please stop

DARKNESS!

It was alright. When you don't have cable on a Saturday morning it's not the worst thing on.

IT WASNT FUNNY

I still can't figure out what his power is supossed to be. He can like turn himself into a flat shadow and open dimensional portals and shit and sometimes can suffocate people with it.

Occult Academy

>New Static series
>a CW series

how would you feel?

And they couldn't even stick to the comic, giving us goofy original characters, and ruining the ones from the comic, with one OUTSTANDING exception: they hit it outta the park with his redesign. He was basically a racist Eminem with chin stubble and smoke coming from regular blonde hair in the comics. There is no point to Virgil's mom not still being alive in the show except to involve his dad more closely. Messed up that they did the caucasian version of a single-parent family instead of the traditional no-dad black single family for the cartoon, but that just shows that caucasian kids were the target sudience instead of the black fans of the comic. Guess I can't blame them for that, though. Bigger segment of the population = bigger viewership. Gotta get them ratings.

Wow it's almost like there are hundreds of heroes yet people only care about those who have been popular for decades
I mean why put Batman on tv when you can have some guy nobody knows?

#
And they couldn't even stick to the comic, giving us goofy original characters, and ruining the ones from the comic, with one OUTSTANDING exception: Hotstreak. They hit it outta the park with his redesign. He was basically a racist Eminem with chin stubble and smoke coming from regular blonde hair in the comics. There is no point to Virgil's mom not still being alive in the show except to involve his dad more closely. Messed up that they did the caucasian version of a single-parent family instead of the traditional no-dad black single family for the cartoon, but that just shows that caucasian kids were the target sudience instead of the black fans of the comic. Guess I can't blame them for that, though. Bigger segment of the population = bigger viewership. Gotta get them ratings

strangely,. despite all the 80's tier "special" episodes and forced messages at times, I still think it was one of the best attempts at orienting a superhero at kids. Probably because unlike, say, Batman beyond, Static often dealt a bit more with the school life side of things.

I liked it. The episode with batman and the Joker was fun.

>Joker tries to electric buzzer Static
>hey that's a neat trick! let me try!
>fries the joker

He's made of solid darkness... and can make portals.

It'd be pretty dependent on the skills of the actor they got.

THIS CAN'T WAIT A MONTH

Legion of Super Heroes did it better

>horrible theme music
I'll fucking kick you.

Occult Academy

IT'S NOT LIKE ON TV

>Still, it got away with talking about a lot of things like guns and racism in ways no other shows really were able to before or since
You're joking right? That shit was the norm from the 80s to the 00s and they were largely hamfisted.

>tfw Gear's dad was literally your dad

>and it did it with more skill and tact than most.
>JIMMY NO!
>Richie's dad is a racist all of a sudden
Static was PC in the worst way

> Horrible theme music

The show had issues but this was NOT one of them. The fuck?

All three intro themes were great and pretty catchy. Even Lil Romeo's "Superheroooo Static Shock" was great (the "Gotta-be-be-gotta-be-sup-superhero" one was my favorite, though)

>and they were largely hamfisted.
That's the thing, Static Shock generally wasn't. Or at least it was much less so than was normal of "very special episodes"

>all of a sudden
He was racist in his first appearance.

DC/Milestone version of Noob Saibot

>one of the worst things associated with DC's name
Okay A) thats just being mean OP. Static Shock was alright.
and
B) That's not how you spell Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.

THIS CAN'T WAIT A MONTH

I mean, he was right.
Dozens of gangsters just got superpowers at once, that's a pressing issue.

I honestly thought the reason they made Static Shock was because they couldn't figure out how to make a Black Vulcan cartoon work.

>What do you think?
>Tells you what to think
DESU I enjoyed it more than STAS and BTAS. But not more than Batman Beyond.

In a perfect world:
>SS gets greenlit alongside Smallville
>Lee Thompson Young cast as Virgil

Right. The only two shows, for example, to do school shootings right were this and Degrassi, and because it wasn't, "Guns are bad!", but, "Bullying/mental illness are bad and guns make it worse but they're not the source!"

>That episode where Ebon challenged Prince to a game of basketball

I don't think it was bad, but I think they put too much social issues thing in it though.

What was wrong with the animation though? It felt as if I was watching with an old television. Maybe it was some of the sites I watched the episodes from?

Same, Young Justice is probably the worst cartoon under DC's banner.

REMEMBER THAT TIME STATIC SHOCK BEAT
THE
ENTIRE
JUSTICE
LEAGUE?

Did he hate Black people or the Black people with super powers that killed like one of his co-workers per week?

Is it wrong I liked it as a kid? Maybe I was too dumb to know otherwise, but Shock was witty and I didn't really care about animation quality or consistency.

I didn't know people hated Static Shock other than people thinking it's hella wacisst, the fuck kinda clothes does Virgil think is appropriate?

Why you gotta remind me that was how they decided to end the series. I fucking hate that epilogue twist so much.

I always really dug this show. sure it's nostalgic for me but rewatching it I felt like it's strengths outweighed it's weakness.

His name is Static. The SHOW'S name is "Static Shock".

Static has such a cool fucking costume.

All he had to do was zap Brainiacs mind controlling chest patches, and I doubt they were at full potential when under his control.

Well both, but he was openly racist long before the big bang, at least since before Richie and Virgil knew each other.

It's a fucking crime that that didn't use any other Milestone characters like Icon or Hardware. Like what the fuck? Who gives a shit about lil bowow and yao ming.

All I remember about this steaming heap is as a kid I used to sing the song but instead of saying "Static Shock" I would say "Static Cock" and I think that's about all that this show deserves.

Truly. It was the dumbest thing and almost ruined the character, but of course capefags eat it up.

We're being brigaded. No one who's old enough to actually have watched the show when it aired disliked it.

>It's one of the worst things associated with DC's name
Nah