Does Cred Forums remember when a team of video game writers had Batman knock out the world's greatest assassin in one...

Does Cred Forums remember when a team of video game writers had Batman knock out the world's greatest assassin in one punch and haul him off into a shoddy cage with the likes of Pyg?

They made Deathstroke a fucking tank battle.

I just don't understand it. They literally have a trilogy of games for Batman. They made Asylum, their games are filled with little details throughout for fans and they seem like Batfreaks themselves, especially since they spent over half a decade working on the trilogy.

How can they then be so dense so as to pull this shit? The Tank battles in general were frustrating, we didn't even get to fight the Knight, but for bloody Deathstroke?

I could barely believe it you know. When I got the side mission, I was pretty excited. Made my way down all giddy to fight Deathstroke and got there and didn't understand why nothing was happening. Then I noticed the Batmobile signal on the ground, thought maybe they just wanted a cool cut scene for it, but nope. They make you fight Deathstroke of all villains in a bloody Tank and it's not even a fresh battle, it's literally a rehash of your fight with the Knight.

Absolutely baffling. I'm playing through Origins at the moment and the Deathstroke fight towards the beginning in that is cool af. I quite enjoyed it.

Why are they all in one cage anyway? That seems like a powder keg waiting to blow.

Origins is pretty awesome, it just happened to come out when everyone was suffering from Batfatigue.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it awesome, but it has the best boss battles and best story in the series

>but it has the best boss battles and best story in the series

best bosses is city, best story is origins or knight, probably knight since the joker was much more interesting in it even if he looks the best in origins

>I wouldn't go as far as calling it awesome, but it has the best boss battles and best story in the series
Origins' story is a bit too convoluted and reliant on comicbook cliches for me to give it top rank.

Plus that Joker pseudo-deep navel gazing scene annoyed the piss out of me.

Reminder that "the world's greatest assassin" was defeated by teenagers with monotonous regularity.

Who would win if an all-out fight broke out? This is what I remember being stuck in there.

Penguin, Dent, Riddler, Azrael, Deacon, Deathstroke, Firefly, Pyg, a firefighter.

>best boss fights Origins
>best story Asylum
>best characters, cameos and side missions City
>best city, environment, and graphics Knight

I'd put money on the firefighter.
I'm a sap for the long shots.

I think Dini was probably responsible for those details in Asylum and City.

Fuck, even the Arkham City tie-in comic Dini wrote was great. That man can do no wrong.

I thought the Origins story was the least convoluted of the series (at least until the end).

>That man can do no wrong.
Wasn't he the one who gave Batgirl her own subplot in The Killing Joke movie?

Nope. That was Timm.

That was Bruce Timm.
Does good art, but he really needs Dini to reign him in.

I hated how he wrote Two-Face as basically a less cheesier version of Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face.

Also, shoehorning Ra's and playing up Hugo Strange like a punk sucked. Same with Hush, but at least Rocksteady wisely nipped that in the bud in AK.

Ah, I always get the two confused.

It's always the one you least suspect....

Can't Azrael be free if you DON'T try to kill Batman when you're him?

>Origins is pretty awesome, it just happened to come out when everyone was suffering from Batfatigue.

Nah, I think people just considered it a spinoff cash-grab of sorts because it wasn't made by Rocksteady and didn't have the returning talents of Conroy and Hamill. Plus "Origins" feels like a gimmick term somewhat.

I think I would like Origins better if I hadn't already played two games with Joker being the main focus.

I was excited to change it up and have Black Mask be the big bad.

The twist was actually well done, as far as I can remember. But all I could think at the time was how annoying it is to have to deal with Joker AGAIN.

Origins pissed me off with a lot of things, but not nearly as much as Knight. Asylum and City are still the best.

I remember.

Slade was exposed as the bitch he truly is. Maybe stick to Green Arrow or Nightwing instead of the goddamn Batman.