What ever happened to this guy...

What ever happened to this guy? They made a big stink about him being godlike powerful then never did anything with him again.

Do they ever bring him up anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/sk3hxugo7qpwn/18_Onslaught_Unleashed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not sure about the comics but he's in the movies alot. And he's not really godlike

Also, welcome to Cred Forums.

He appeared in two more miniseries that have never been mentioned since.

user, that's ONSLAUGHT, not Magneto.

He is more of a concept than a character, he was a fusion of magneto's mind and xavier, xavier is dead now, although there was a second onslaught that was red skull or some shit , i didn't read that one

He was half right I guess.

That's Onslaught, not Magneto.
Also, welcome to Cred Forums.

What a retarded costume. Looks like it would make a cool toy though.

Lord Demos

He killed like 10 heroes before thet were finally able to put him down.

looks like the epitome of the 90's

He was the final boss of Marvel vs. Capcom if that counts for anything. I think he fit the 90's weaboo aesthetic very well.

BEHOLD

Welcome to Cred Forums you normie. You have to be 18 though.

He was in a mini in 2006 where he finally escaped from where he'd been imprisoned/ it was revealed that since he was composed of mutant power and all the mutants had (at that time) lost their power, he was reborn; Franklin shoved him into a side dimension and he was defeated there and banished to the negative zone; he eventually escaped (in a 2010 mini) and was defeated again by the Secret Avengers and Young Allies.

Then there was Axis, by which point I hadn't been reading comics for about a year, but I think that's actually a different Onslaught anyway.
Cap abstractly mentioned it in Remender's run.

That would be Spawn.

He came back in axis as red onslaught which was a mix of red skull and Xavier but he mostly jobbed kinda a waste of potential

And a cool fighting game boss. Capcom can make anything look cool.

The horns and tentacles ruin the design.

I feel like this is bait.

Wasn't there a point where it turned out Nomad from Heroes Reborn Earth was an incarnation of Onslaught?

What was that about?

Originally he didn't have a consistent design, partly because he was being drawn by artists who thought feet were too hard, and partly because he was constantly metamorphosing into more powerful forms.

Yeah, because she was the one who pushed him into the Negative Zone in Onslaught Reborn, where she apparently died (which is what she'd expected) and her body was used as a vessel to give Onslaught a window into the 616 universe while he tried to bring the rest of himself through.

mediafire.com/folder/sk3hxugo7qpwn/18_Onslaught_Unleashed

mini here

bad end

Onslaught coming back and fusing with Red Skull was the one of the only things I've enjoyed from Marvel in recent years.

I think that's the pattern they should keep up. Every 10-15 years or show Onslaught shows up somehow and fucks everything and everyone right up. Don't over use him. Just for a big surprise every decade.

If I still gave a shit about the MCU I'd say the Axis Onslaught concept would be an awesome way of bringing back Red Skull into the whole thing, but of course that's too smart and too actually-based-on-the-comics of an idea for them.

So, what was Onslaught real plan? Kill everybody just for the lulz?

He didn't really came back. Red Skull stole Xavier brain and became a new Onslaught.
I found the concept pretty interesting but, sadly, Axis sucked.

What about Devil Hulk?

Axis had KLUH. Hulk's Hulk.

Originally, Onslaught's plan was mutant domination. But when he gained Franklin's power he realized that the plan made him more Magneto-like and decided to be above his father by taking out the universe and fashioning it to his liking.

Acuna can save any stupid design.

Man, why they didn't call Silver Surfer to fight Onslaught?

Onslaught saga was pretty dumb. They send Hulk to fight him and fuckin Wolverine to rip his barrier. Why not let Black Bolt scream at him? Why not call the Asgardian pantheon? Or any other pantheon? Or Gladiator and the Shiar empire.

crossover logic

He was suppose to be so powerful that it took all of earths heroes to stop him
He also got over half of them killed
That makes him really fucking hard to write because he either goes weak as fuck or he is way to hard to write an event that isn't the end of the world

The dream is dead I never beat him

That and his end goal is bathysphere all the minds in the world

Megaman

>What happened to this guy?
Murderclops killed him.
>Do they ever bring him up anymore?
Yes, every time they wanted to lay a guilt trip on Murderclops.

this is even worse bait than

I believe at this time period the Surfer was several galaxies away to areas he never went to because of reasons.

There was also some stupid reason the Asgardians didn't involve themselves. Shiar didn't really care about Earth given no Phoenix. Black Bolt? You got me there.

Yeah even if it's not the same "Onslaught" I was talking about the character in general. He might not be same concious being but it's a new "Onslaught" almost like it's a role someone can fulfill.

Every once and awhile when Marvel is ready to shake things up, he comes back into the picture too. Hell maybe a female Onslaught next time? Jean Grey turns into the new Onslaught? I'm just throwing ideas out there.

>I found the concept pretty interesting but, sadly, Axis sucked.

Did it? I only really read the part where they have the big WoW-style fight with Onslaught. And a little with KLUH. I liked that. I don't know how it ended though. Everyone seems to share your opinion though.

With Franklin he was able to EMP the city to keep communications down
It's also implied he kept outside forces away with that power.

The Inhuman Royal Family was along the heroes gathered to fight Onslaught, but they don't appear in the final battle and only Crystal is shown entering Onslaught.

How about a Cassandra Nova Onslaught?

Much like Doomsday, Bane and others of the 90s he was created to job the heroes
His entire existence was to be the mother of all "you can win" villains, this was simply put a form over function villain that was made to Job the Marvel Universe.
That makes using him anymore a pain in the ass because he has to keep losing and if he is getting beat by say Captain America it weakens his threat level greatly and he just becomes the one getting jobbed
To make matters worse his main goal can be summerzied as "destroy everything" so it makes any future narrative impossible.

To make him usable you have to rebuild him from the ground up but if you do that then you might as well make a new character and avoid the awful baggage Onslught comes with.

I like the original idea but check out when it became big O is his own being, the idea that Xavier crack and went crazy was the only thing keeping the heat going, when they changed it to "nah he's doubt steel" most people check out and for good reason.

Bane?

Onslaught managed to disable Vision, Iron Man, Ant Man and Fantastic Four tech, but not Doctor Doom. Doom could have summoned help from other dimensions or planets.
Also, where was Doctor Strange? And Adam Warlock and the Infinity Watch? And the Eternals? The Deviants?

I thought he only changed his goals when he got X-Man, and saw that even in his native universe, where mutants ruled the world, it was STILL a shithole.
That reaction was basically the best part of the entire event.

Also he's clearly bound to the X-men so you can't even make him face stronger heroes, like the cosmic or magical ones.

On top of that, everytime they brought him back it was a shitfest so I don't see why someone would want to see him again anyway.

>Doctor Strange
He didn't have a series at the time, so he could've been off fighting Nightmare or some shit.

>Adam Warlock and the Infinity Watch?
The watch disbanded after the Infinity Gems were stolen in the last issue, and Adam himself went into the Malibu universe to get them back.

>The Eternals?
They tend to keep to themselves, and only interact with the Marvel Universe rarely.

>The Deviants?
Lemuria, doing their own thing.

>The Inhuman Royal Family was along the heroes gathered to fight Onslaught, but they don't appear in the final battle
>only Crystal is shown entering Onslaught.

Well that is dumb

I think it's one of those things where they weren't sure who was going to be in the new series and it was all going to be decided at a later date if the reboot took off (it did, but Liefeld walked out on the deal so it came to a premature end). There's plenty of people who in theory might have been killed by Onslaught and Reborn in the other universe and very few who explicitly weren't, to the point that even when they were coming back nobody really seemed to know who was in the other universe.

The other problem is that these weren't popular characters at the time and the time spent on drawing even one panel with them all in, or a book explaining exactly who was being killed off, probably wouldn't be worth it.

weak punch Venom Fang in his first form over and over was usually a flawless transition to hid second form. At that point, MegaMan, War Machine, or Ryu could clean him up with ease.

>Chuck Dixon, Graham Nolan and Doug Moench created the character for the Knightfall storyline, although it is unsure what elements were introduced by each of the two writers (Dixon and Moench). Dixon wrote the character's first appearance (Vengeance of Bane)

He was literally made to break Bat-man
He was just handled better than Doomsday

how many villains in marvel are nigh omnipotent reality warpers? I swear they give that shit out like candy.

>(it did, but Liefeld walked out on the deal so it came to a premature end)
No it was Lee. Liefeld wasn't a concern it was keeping Jim Lee around. They wanted him to be always penning on of the books but he refused in fear that it would turn entrapment on him.

DC has it much worse.
Really an event like Onslaught is just Tuesday for them.

The X-Men just pretended that Onslaught never happened.

For the Professor's sake, of course.

Why was that so popular in the 90s?
Almost every hero was faced with some new OC villain that was solely made to kill/break said hero in that time.

Sales.
People didn't really read comics back then so much as collect them
So New villain that's going to kill X hero ensures more books sold both for said 1st appearance of villain and then the book latter on where the killing happens.

Because in the nineties comics there was a strong theme of re invention and re tooling for characters thought to be old fashioned or dated. creating a new badass edgy villian was a good way to prove the hero was still vulnerable.

who jobbed to everyone

Axis was a mistake (except Carnage-man)

i thought that's ALL he was

Oh god please, we shoul do something for those Cred Forums posters.

Maybe toss him into this new civil war

Never managed to escape from Bruce's head, provided he wasn't just something that Nightmare created to fuck with Bruce.

The one in your pic is Bruce's dad manifesting as a merger of him and the Guilt Hulk/The Beast after escaping from Hell.

At least you admit you don't actually read comics and are only here to talk about comic book movies.

>people responding to a joke like it's serious
>false flagging it as Cred Forums

>Doctor Doom
>actually using his magic before late 2000 in a story that doesn't involve specifically magic