This movie was so fucking good. I dont think anything from my childhood can compare...

This movie was so fucking good. I dont think anything from my childhood can compare. Maybe the star wars cartoon with Grievous.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mrDu-1WdDgI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZeEcs_YCd84
youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo
youtube.com/watch?v=O0Z8cW4UzrQ&t=1m47s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was the perfect Scooby Renaissance with also good animation...and songs.

YOU FEEL THE BEATING OF YOUR HEART

I think it worked so well because it was the first time that the monsters were real, and that they didn't try to play them off for laughs.
13 Ghosts and the Reluctant Werewolf kind of stuff were around before then, but they were never took themselves seriously.
There was actual tension in Zombie Island. These things were REAL and they were trying to hurt the gang.
Plus, with the longer run time, and more money to focus the script the story was actually good and not just a sloppy thrown together thing where they figure everything out and solve it in three minutes.

Just look at this trailer, shading, animation, pallette, we'd never seen Scooby with these kinds of production levels before: youtube.com/watch?v=mrDu-1WdDgI

Plus the music, of course.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZeEcs_YCd84
youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo

CUZ ITS TERROOOOOOOOOOR

I swear to God that song was a ripoff of Thriller.

>I swear to God that song was a ripoff of Thriller.
So?

I remember being a child and watching every Scooby-Doo show that was on and then seeing this trailer on Cartoon Network.
youtube.com/watch?v=mrDu-1WdDgI
>THIS TIME, THE MONSTERS ARE REAL!
How could a tagline like that not get you excited?

Nothing, I just have a feeling.

I'll be that guy and say the movie isn't really that great, it just felt refreshing after the tidal wave of formulaic Scooby media pushed in the late 90's. Turner was determined to force feed that stuff. I do still feel disappointed the cyber ghost changed the tone of the DTV stuff this and Witch's ghost where going for, though.

>THIS TIME, THE MONSTERS ARE REAL!

Remember when this tagline meant something?

Gave me nightmares senpai

Yea....

it had already happened in Boo Brothers, Ghoul School, Reluctant Werewolf, 13 Ghosts, etc.

How often has it happened after Witch's Ghost and Alien Invaders?

Check out Mystery Incorporated if you haven't already.

Probably because the movie's plot was originally supposed to be a Swat Kats episode.

How many times can that show keep getting fucked over, goddamn.

Well I learned something today

Now that I think about it, the whole cat creature bit made it obvious

real monsters and japanese animation

Both that and Into the Void
youtube.com/watch?v=O0Z8cW4UzrQ&t=1m47s

>"Thank You"
>Salute

what other Scooby things deal with actual magic stuff?

Pretty much every single one of the movies. Except the ones that were scifi. I think Mystery Inc. ended up having an actual super natural thing behind the weirdness in setting in the end? I don't recall.

I saw one witches a long time ago, I think involving Salem?
Was that good? I remember having like a witchfu

Witch's ghost is okay, I always thought they tried to have too much humor in it but Tim Curry and the Hex Girls are nice Scooby additions.

Yeah, the final villain of Mystery Inc. was a Lovecraftian-like deity that was implied to have an evil influence in the residents of Crystal Cove and make a lot of them crazy or corrupted and run around like disguised monsters.

Could be the first instance of little me thinking "That lady and that girl...they are a couple right?"

any recommendations based off me really liking that one?

what's the difference between science fiction, magic and super natural
seems like all the same things to me

I really should watch it again...I remember the ending being really macabre if it's the one I think

I applaud the use of fucking Werecats

In retrospect, werecats and zombies seems like an odd combination. I guess it was just that Swat Katz thing people mentioned up thread.

The zombie pirate thanking them for letting them rest was cool.

Who was the god they worshipped? Bastet, maybe?

Also, I'm really interested in learning the backstories of the zombies. Like those tourist ones or the 1940's-looking ones.

>that resolution
Christ.
BD remaster when?

That was an awesome twist.

Probably never?

It's funny how Fred and Velma weren't there for any of that. Daphne was there for 13 ghosts.

And then they have the nerve to call Shaggy and Scooby cowards when they've seen SO MUCH MORE SHIT.

nah scooby doo shouldn't have magic

When categorizing genres for putting books on the right shelves, they are regarded as close enough. There's usually a "sci fi and fantasy" section of any book store.

But I think one of the popular distinguishers is that scifi is supposed to be based on actual science or science theory, and therefore more of it should be technically possible. Whereas most people just outright don't believe in the supernatural or in magic so it's all supposed to be bunk. There's plenty of overlap between them, though.

The alien one was the last true "shit is real" Scooby-Doo animated movie.

After that they had movies here and there that only had minor "it was actually real" moments, like Loch Ness or the Japan thing.