Was Episode Wan worth it, even though it meant the fucking disastrous trainwreck that was LoK?

Was Episode Wan worth it, even though it meant the fucking disastrous trainwreck that was LoK?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No because Season 2 ended with Best Girl crying and then getting over it

Disgusting

Threads shitting on LoK should be a bannable offense. It's way beyond the point of shitposting. It's been two fucking years.

Fags like OP will never get over it.

>Episode Wan
Didn't he murder people over a deer, and get free hand out powers?

Why do people like Wan again?

Varrick and Wan were by and far were the best part of season 2, it almost would've saved the show but by the end of it the bad managed to outweighed the good.

they didn't die and he still had to train for it

its still shit, undoes a lot of the world building of the original avatar and tells the story of an asshole who you could hardly call "heroic"

The spirits still basically hate Korra and humans in general

Varrick got worse and worse per season

He's literally a manchild who could have easily replaced Asami and that level of lazy writing makes me furious

And the training montage is somehow more half assed then Korra's

And their are people who think Asami is poorly written

Wan is basically the worst of Aang and the worst of Korra

That's why I said Season 2 specifically.
Eccentric but secretly puppet master with extremely questionable morals Varrick was the best.

I still remember the threads when it was revealed he was playing Assami like a fiddle.

Its like all that shit got retconned after Season 3 started

"Diplomatic Immunity" is a bullshit reason. I can be stupid too. Suyin should be the Earth Queen because Zaofu lowkey invades Ba Sing Se due to The Red Lotus involvement

>And their are people who think Asami is poorly written
she's not really "poorly written" she's just not written at all
she's not a person, she's their car

Make me furious

Even "Equalist Spy" Asami doesn't even sound that great of a compromise.

funny how she's only interesting in fan art

>she's not a person, she's their car
Untrue user, her big ground breaking character trait is she likes eating carpet.

That's because Imagination isn't a hard concept

A tablet you can do anything except change the past

NO

SHUT UP MY WAIFU ONLY FUCKS THINGS THAT ARE PRETTY

>Was the worst lore rape imaginable worth it because the rest of the show was equally bad?

Oh my god! They drew the clouds as curly q's for an episode! This totally makes me forgive the complete lack of choreography and style the original show used to have EVERY EPISODE.

Season 4 is literally atrocious to watch if you watch it completely blind

I get the budget ran out after Season 3 but...fucking hell the only thing that comes close to looking worse than that is Nu-PPG

Stfu and kys

He has a point tho

Never before has a ship caused a board to be blue balled harder then that day

No. There's no reason to explain the origin of the avatar. The avatar was much better as just a force in human history.

I'm convinced some people here didn't even watch LoK and only jump on the shitting bandwagon. Season 2 was the only really bad one (and it was fucking awful). The other seasons were good

I dunno why they didn't just make an Avatar book outside of Nick and Budget Cuts

Hell Disney at least printed Journal #3 even tho most of it is bullshit and non-canon

If you were to edit Legend of Korra remove all reference to Pro Bending amd shipping and the show suddenly stops being frustrating

What? It's a myth, a legend from a long lost time. All cultures have those. Of course that makes sense, it goes with the themes of the show.

Honestly if it were possible I would stick Beginnings somewhere during the original series, which basically solves the biggest issue with the finale.

Dude not even just this inparticular episode just Legend of Korra in general

Pro Bending was one of the few genuinely interesting things that Korra added to the worldbuilding. It definately wasn't meant to carry on any longer than a single season, but it was good at the time.

>The other seasons were good
season 1 was bad, but mostly because so much wasted potential, stupid blitzball shit that took to much of the plot, love triangle crap, the giant Aang statue spitting on Aang's legacy, stupid twist for a potentially great villain, obnoxious protagonist that learned nothing, and supporting characters that don't really support Korra at all
honestly if you ignore all of that, its still a good season

They dragged that concept into the fucking ground

Literally half of Season 1 and a small portion of Season 2 is about Pro Bending

LoK was a shitshow for a lot of reasons. You can at best blame Beginnings for why S2 looked like shit, and blame Nick for why S4 looked like shit, but the real issues with the show were in awful pacing and shitty writing, and that is solely the fault of the writers.

Nick and Bryan and Mike's creative differences due to lack of funds this series was destined to fail

There's no reason to show the myth. It doesn't add any depth to the show.

And the finale doesn't have an issue. It was totally in keeping with basically every major development in the series. The show constantly enforced the message, following your intuition will lead you on the right path. It then went to outline the things that cloud the intuition, like fear, personal desire, etc. Aang being able to on his own, with no special guidance, solve the biggest problem for him using his intuition is the culmination of this. He rejects everyone elses solutions and is able to call one forth from the world.

It really didn't overstay its welcome too badly, they just never used the concept well enough beyond Magic Boxing.

This shit is why I want Legend of Korra retconned then rebooted and with a real budget

I want Tumblr to leave

so basically you want a completely different show?

Should have been like Pro Wrestling.

But that's exactly what showing a myth does: It adds to the mythology. It's not supposed to answer why things are the way they are, it just shows why people believe things are the way they are, which helps grant a deeper insight into the world.

Where they fucked up was on their depiction of the gods, depicting one as evil and one as good. If that was fixed it would have been a solid 10/10 episode.

>Tfw I enjoyed LoK

Again why didn't they just make a book would have saved plenty of time and money

According to Cred Forums you're the worst kind of person

>TFW you have shit taste
How is it?

They definately could have played it a lot better with Bolin. Maybe post-Amon they add a fuck ton of safety regulations to Pro-Bending, so Bolin brings his theatrical talents to the sport to make things interesting again.

More power to ya.
So do you actually want to contribute and share your two cents or did you just want some (you)'s?

He should explain why he likes it.

>It really didn't overstay its welcome too badly
it really did user, the reason why Pro Bending is annoying is because after it's introduced it has no effect on the plot, or Korra's development as a character
Mako and Bolin are worthless characters themselves, the only reason why they matter is because the love triangle shit and they only stick around with her because why not
and plus Republic City has potential for so much more interesting stuff to show, why waste it on low stacks quittage crap

There are good parts, bad parts, and god awful parts.

You could justify S1 as a decent but rough addition to the canon, and S3 is actually good, but you can't justify S2 and S4.

>Bolin magically learns Lava Bending to compensate as to why he doesn't know how to Metal Bend

>According to Cred Forums you're the worst kind of person
knock off this victim complex crap

Rewatch the show and see that basically every major development in the characters bending foreshadowed being able to find a way out of problems where there seemed to be no way

Just because they used it badly doesn't mean it was a bad idea.

There's so much you can do with the idea of introducing a concept as simple as Magic Boxing, but like the rest of Korra it's all just wasted potential.

You should specify which from which

>Bolin magically learns Lava Bending
Jesus Christ that was awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY

>All this Tumblr arguing

God you people are encouragable

I just tend to see the good side of things more than the bad. I just enjoyed LoK for what it was
Kinda hard to answer the question of "was this episode worth a shit series" when I don't think of said series as shit
Seeing characters grow through the seasons. Having Korra and co. deal with such a massive array of problems. Being an Avatar in 'peace' time
After a recent rewatch, I actually like S1 the least. It was very much them still trying to figure out what to do and where to go with the characters

And it continues to get out of hand

You'd think people would have hated Spirit Korra the 1st time then they get it again against a giant robot

its interesting world building, but its annoying to take up the plot among more interesting concepts like the tensions among benders and non benders
corruption of a government only run by a small council in Republic City
the growing age of industrialization and how new technology effects the world

but nah sports is cool too

S2 has Beginnings and we had millionare inventor before he became a meme-character, S4 has Korra Alone, S3 is solid throughtout with The Order putting actual pressure on the characters and the globe-trotting aspect opening up the world building, and S1 has Amon, Tenzin, and the Republic City worldbuilding.

>Korra
>Growing

I don't have a bait image big enough but here is your (you)

>likes asami and posts their favorite fanon version of her
>calls other people tumblr

Does E;R shill himself on Cred Forums like a faggot or are you just an user. I feel like I've seen a few too many of his videos posted around Cred Forums

Or is this like a Cred Forums redpilling campaign? I think I found him through shilling anyway so keep it up.

>Kinda hard to answer the question of "was this episode worth a shit series" when I don't think of said series as shit
Then just explain if you liked the episode itself and why/why not it ain't hard nigga.

The problem with Korra is they refused to pick what the stakes of the show were going to be in the first season.

>1st season stakes are the city
>2nd season stakes are the universe
>3rd season stakes is the balance of nations
>4th season stakes is the earth nation/korra

If the show stuck on the city level pro bending would make total sense - at the end of the season the other teams of pro benders help fight the baddies, for example - but the problem is they go way way fucking wider immediately in the next season, so pro bending seems like a piddling distraction. You can't have them fighting spirit gods or the best benders on earth.

Just cut pro bending entirely stop bullshitting like it means something.

Asami should have never lent Korra her blimp she should have made her beg.

But you can use pro-bending as a showcase for that shit. Like how the biggest, highest profile sport in the city is exclusive to benders, or the amount of corrpution involved in the game (beyond just "cheating is bad durr"), or strategic dynamics in the game, or even how to train for the game.

>against a giant robot
Jesus Christ that was awful.

I think I have to leave this thread, it's triggering my PTSD.

i'm just an user who likes him
i've never seen his videos posted here honestly

I liked it since it was a view at the origin of all things. I definitely would have prefered that the god stuff had been ambiguous, rather than a rather literal case of black and white

Its way better then anything her canon self has ever done fuck you.

>Season 1
>Korra joins the RCPD then gets thrown out
>Season 2
>Korra still can't air bend worth a shit
>Season 3
>Asami still isn't evil
>Season 4
>ASAMI STILL ISN'T EVIL

Seriously, S4 badguy should have been Suyin. Just... make her what Kuvira was. Suyin is already kind of a terrible person who goes to any length.

then why even make Avatar about the Avatar and not sport stars

God you fags will defend this show till you die

Are you the same fags who defend Gravity Falls and Steven's Universe?

>Its way better then anything her canon self has ever done fuck you.
you're better off getting a better waifu, this headcanon shit is annoying

Season 4's bad guy should have always been Asami

I refuse to accept anything less

yeah but then that takes away the message that rebellious girls are the best people in the world

Never watched GF, I like most SU episodes

Humor me. What do you like to watch

>defend this show
I said I got PTSD from watching it?

wat

Literally no one is better than Asami

Nothing since the last show I binged watched was Doug

God stop giving this fucker all of your (you)'s

huh?

So you don't watch cartoons much at all?

Anytime someone ever says something nice about LoK's writing needs to just have a flood of bait images and /gb2tumblr/

Not since I stopped caring to keep up with Stevens Universe

"yeah but then that takes away the message that rebellious girls are the best people in the world"
how is this nice?

Because fuck you.

Not shitposting, but you strike me as somebody who tends to be fairly critical and cynical with media

I just legit hate people who defend LoK

Just give it up

Its been 2 FUCKING YEARS

Why are you still obsessing about this fucking show?

No. He was one of the worst parts of LoK because it completely retconned how the spirits worked.

they just couldn't stop geoge lucasing it.

>People are still mad about Island Turtles

Of course it was, why wouldn't it be? It's not like I payed anything for it.

>All cultures have those

And while it's nice to theorize the origin of these myths, finding out the actual reason, much like Wan's story, is ultimately anticlimactic, disappointing and ruins the mystique that made the myth attractive in the first place.

>It's not supposed to answer why things are the way they are
Except that was exactly what the entire point of the flashback was, to tell Korra and the audience "HEY SATAN'S COMING BACK"

The origin of the Avatar, how spirits are and what they are and how they function, all of this is changed for the sake of Beginnings from how it was portrayed in TLA. This is indisputable. The bending origins, while capable of fitting into the original canon, have to bend over backwards and add unnecessary connections to what was initially perfectly integrity and verisimilitude. You're never told more than is absolutely necessary for the story and never less than enough to keep you wanting more.

Beginnings is the metaphorical fucking fanfic that contradicts most canon and ignores all else and only accidentally manages to avoid actually committing more plotholes than it did, while promoting the shallowest understanding of yin and yang and order and chaos while absolutely ignorant to anything approaching intricacy except in regards to its new concepts for lore, which is about as interesting and nuanced as a trip to the DMV, with about as many subdivisions, and an artstyle that beautifully demonstrates how to completely disconnect the subjects in animation from their environments and backgrounds, thus shattering any potential immersion in their vapid, superfluous lorebuilding.

Island Turtles weren't remotely as bad as this.

OP is just trying to get bait images from you

I don't obsess over it. I haven't even talked about it in months. But I see people here bashing it and refusing to think that people can enjoy something they don't like, and I find it odd. You're saying people shouldn't obsess, but you legitimately seem very obsessed with trying to make people not like it

And? This is the board for Comics & Cartoons. Not the board for "RECENT Comics & Cartoons"

I love how you fags nitpick about the actual good parts about Avatar in general but sugar coat the actual shit parts of it to artificialize an argument

Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, Steven's Universe

The most baity shows on this fucking board

Korra was the least interesting human being on that entire planet's history.

>earthbends the shit out of her own ass and starts flinging it at people
>IM THE AVATAR AND YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT YOU SEXIST STRAIGHT WHITE MEN

Please elaborate. What did I sugarcoat or nitpick?

This is why more development should have been on Asami a character who has a way more interesting backstory that for the most part gets ignored

>lore rape

you mean those legends

Choosing to focus more on shit like Spirits and Island Turtles instead of everything else

That shit is fine and I don't care how dumb people think it is there is way worse subject material resigning in this show

Nearly midichlorian tiers of stupid shit that didn't need explaining. Squids and avatar/bending origin crap is retarded, ruined S2 and hurt the entire series overall.

ATLA did this perfectly. You don't need to fucking explain how spirits and bending works, magic is how. The stories about how it was animals/the environment taught people bending was cool and made sense.
Also, isn't the fucking whole notion of the Avatar to be balanced? Why the fuck would you lock up black squid while being clearly biased towards white squid?

Peace isn't even the opposite of chaos you fucking hacks, chaos is essential to life.

>There are people who think Vaatu is alive

There's that word again. "Trainwreck." I don't think the show was bad enough to be called a "trainwreck."

>Choosing to focus more on shit like Spirits
This thread was about Beginnings. Spirits are intrinsic to that discussion. I've got a hundred more problems with Korra, Beginnings just epitomizes most of them.

>Also, isn't the fucking whole notion of the Avatar to be balanced? Why the fuck would you lock up black squid while being clearly biased towards white squid?
That was what Korra learned. Then she merged the worlds

The spirits concept is as fine as its ever going to be. No matter how poorly written it looks to be.

Korra learned shit she has an iq of -7

>The spirits concept is as fine as its ever going to be
Who hurt you so much to make the bullshit they pulled with spirits acceptable

Because Asami is more important then spirits

How about stop being so mad that we have to have a thread about it every single day for two years?

>Because Asami is more important then spirits
Asami is a tragedy, but she's only one character that the narrative never really pretends actually matters.

Spirits were...fuck, they're half the job description for the Avatar. They may not have come up very often but they're in the fucking definition as "bridge between spiritual and physical worlds."

In TLA, in a world where animals were crazy hybrids and whacked out, spirits were normal fucking animals. We got a panda, a baboon, a centipede, an owl, some foxes, koi and one human. There was an almost alien simplicity to them. The spirits were mostly docile and segregated from humanity, except when their domains were threatened. Heibai rampaged when his forest was destroyed, Wan Shi Tong rampaged when his library was defiled, the ocean spirit rampaged when its sibling was killed, and only the Painted Lady was stopped from rampage because pollution was corrupting her domain and prevented her from manifesting.

Then, according to Beginnings, no actually spirits are Miyazaki knock-offs, in enormous supply, and are directly affected by emotions around them, so a negative influence. Also waterbending calms them because shut up. Also the Avatar Spirit is literally the spirit of good and order and balance because her brother, Vaatu, is Satan and they fight. Apparently the Avatar isn't the world spirit incarnate in human form, reincarnating in a cycle to preserve balance spiritually as the body serves a physical role for balance. It's a soul with a parasite spirit on it that gives it every power and reincarnates in a cycle because shut up. The Avatar State's consequence now makes no sense when there's a separate spirit involved.

And hey, here's a thought. The moon spirit gave a portion of its life to Yue. By Beginnings' standard, shouldn't that mean Yue was a waterbender? She had a spirit with bending power use her as a vessel. Why couldn't she waterbend?

Really? From one Korra bitching thread right to the next less than a day later?

>all that stuff about spirits
I really appreciate you writing that out. That's a lot of how I felt, but couldn't bring to words.

If you've got a problem with the comics and cartoons board discussing a popular cartoon more than one time in a month, maybe you're not in the right place.

>tfw fags on Cred Forums hate best girl Kuvira.

Yes. LOK is a sad, cautionary tale for content creators, but Wan was worth the franchise-suicide.

It hasn't gotten better as time has continued going forward

Still as shit as it was, why not

>but Wan was worth the franchise-suicide
why? he's an aladdin rip-off with even less charm, and learns less from his fuck ups

If you want to dick ride Korra, go literally anywhere else. They can't stop circlejerking Korrasami or some other gay ship. Because that's all anyone cares about.

>the fucking disastrous trainwreck that was LoK
back to Cred Forums with your Misogyny

Oh fuck off

Oh sure, lets turn Cred Forums into a hugbox. Get over yourself.

Remove Spirit from premises.

oh, okay. Then let's never ever complain about OMD again faggot, I hope you get raped by a bear

Completely right my dude, the way LOK butchered the idea of spirits/spirit world was just awful.

There aren't daily threads dedicated to bitching about OMD.

I don't really give a shit if you hate Korra, but what is even new or interesting to say about it at this point? It's just a circlejerk of anons saying the same shit over and over again. It makes no sense to dedicate so much of your time to something you supposedly hate. I don't get it at all.

Couldn't you just ignore the thread then? It's not like it's taking up valuable space anyway.

Wan episodes weren't even that good IMO.
Sure they were better than the majority of LoK but that doesn't say that much.

>The stories about how it was animals/the environment taught people bending was cool and made sense.

>people can waterbend by looking at the sky at night

LoK was worth it for the stream of amazing porn it let loose that still flows to this day. Also Season 3 was good and so was Wan

... but every part of the journal is canon, even the plumbus

>it's another Avatar nostalgiafags had too high expectations and were so disappointed they'll spend the rest of their life pretending Korra was the worst show ever

i never get why people hate so much, that bending was a lion turtle gift.

the episode also shows that was the animals how teach the first ones how to use the elements, like in the original canon.

people say that this is against canon, but the original series never really explain how people get bending first place, ONLY SAY that the animals teach them.

>but the original series never really explain how people get bending first place, ONLY SAY that the animals teach them
The original series implied that humans getting bending and learning bending were one and the same
The fact that it's not a retcon in most regards is a technicality and it still doesn't explain certain things/goes against things established in the OS

People hate it because one of the best parts of Avatar was the mysticism behind everything, and them using technology to control spirit magic and explaining bending in a more indepth way (no matter if the nature was still magic) ruined a lot of it
It was more like kung fu, where people studied animals and adopted techniques off of that
But now it's more like midichlorians

>but the original series never really explain how people get bending first place, ONLY SAY that the animals teach them.

Yes. And that was sufficient.
No one had to explain it further just like Vader being seduced by the Dark Side of the Force, it was enough to work with towards more content built on top of it.

It's because you can see the makings of a great show under all the bad that it is the worst show ever. The parts are there and the material can lend itself well. But the direction they took the story and the execution made everything collapse.

The porn has been reduced to less than a trickle.

>but what is even new or interesting to say about it at this point?

The fact that people say they liked the Wan episodes more than any part of Korra and think they have value but a thread such as this is saying that the Wan episodes are equally as terrible as the rest of Korra.

Literally the only place that still talks about Korra in a positive light is /u/ for all the wrong reasons.

Eat a dick

There is nothing wrong with the Wan episode.
Lo! I have spoken the truth! Let the thread end!

It shat all over the entire spirit world and the avatar stuff

Best episodes of the entire franchise. Fight me.

>All these "Asami is evil" fanarts

What happened and who's the misplaced animu waifu?

Ignore it. Somebody's trying real hard to promote his deviantart.

>implying it isn't already

>What happened

Actually it is who. And that who proves that dynamic IP addresses were a mistake since he keeps coming back.