Would a cartoon that was entirely pixel art visuals be successful...

Would a cartoon that was entirely pixel art visuals be successful? Or would people get tired of the aesthetic after a few episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

probertson.tumblr.com/page/2
youtube.com/watch?v=XqV0aJIK2Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=gPefy4xnNpk
youtube.com/watch?v=T5zpNfTfGZU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mgm1o5TzLUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I remember a show that's pretty much exactly what you describe...

I just can't remember what it was called.

Probably Code Monkeys.

It was okay.

Yes, that was what I was thinking of... Thank you.

Code Monkeys

>That one episode where the black friend wanted to get his dick sucked by the guy who got breast implants
>"Your bottom half might be male, but your top half~"

This, Code Monkeys was on Netflix a while back. Had some meh times/dude weed lmao jokes, but some moments.

Doesn't seem that different in theory from Lego shows and those do fine

depends on the artist

I don't know how successful a TV show about body horror and girldicks would be.

it's possible. It might even cost less money because you can reuse sprites. The only question is what type of show we are talking about?

Now I miss Code Monkeys.

No, absolutely not. We are not letting him do an episode of anything.

That man needs to be locked away and put on meds.

Too late, he already did two episodes of Gravity Falls (and they were two of the better ones)

It could be successful but it'd probably be half-assed / bad looking like most restrictionless pixel art. Not what your average Cred Forumsmrade would want from a show at all.

>no consistency in pixel size, and everything else
terrible

>Would a cartoon that was entirely pixel art visuals be successful?
It's the right time for it, but I don't trust anyone except this psycho to keep a consistent aesthetic in it.

>That man needs to be locked away and put on meds.
You people should've been banned from this site years ago.
Fuck off.

If they did, it would probably be that one guy who everyone goes to when they want something that looks like a 16 bit arcade game. I've never cared for that guy's style.

It was a pretty decent show.
The worst part for me was the opening by Jonathan Coulton.
One of my friends at the time was one of the few programmers at some corporation, and adopted that song as his personal fucking anthem. Played it all the god damned time. Really irritating.

Code Monkeys was pretty good with that

Well I still play Minecraft (with a ton of mods).
And playing Terraria with my friends was fun for about ~100 hours.

So yeah, pixel art won't be an issue as long as it's interesting, innovative or has the right environment.

Who?

Why?

probably too labor-intensive for a serious full-blown show

animated ironic sprite webcomic though, I could see that

If it was good.

It would be shitty outdated "kids and their video games" show where "Woah, I beat Level 5 Power up!" Is something the characters say

He's out of his goddamn mind but such a good artist

>That entire episode 6.
>The part where Mecha Sonic killed the Axem Rangers like it was nothing.

The style seemed a bit too simplistic, it was a talking NES game when maybe SNES or PSX era might have worked a little longer.

I think it's this guy...?
probertson.tumblr.com/page/2

I don't know shit about the artist personal life so I have no idea why people hate him. He makes great art.

Only complaint is that he tends to overanimate "idle" animations occasionally.

About that

We don't know much about his personal life just
some people seem to be offended by his guro art.

oh shit he does guro?
i'd like to see some of that, post or link or do I gotta go digging on his tumblr?

You just gotta know where to look

That's pretty gnarly, if only it was animated.

He didn't do Trucker's Delight, did he?

I know about some of his guro art but honestly I'm not sure why people get so pissy about it. He does very few guro art and not only have I seen far worse but I oddly enjoy because it's so damn weird yet well done. It's like saying H.R Gigers work sucks because dicks make you uncomfortable.

Even if you don't like it he's done very few of it and the artist himself isn't exactly like Shadman who in comparison seems to purposefully want to have a reputation of being an edgy asshole who wants to be viewed like a freak.

You'll find it pretty quickly through his Tumblr, as in, within 30 seconds. They don't seem to get that graphic at all, but I've only seen like three, I don't know how bad he can get.

I always forget that people are sensitive these days and not everyone is a jaded, tryhard fuck.

I can respect this because it's what tentacle rape would realistically look like, he isn't pretending it's all rainbows and fuzzy feelings.

Pretty well made too.

Why the fuck Mecha Sonic? It would have made sense if it was Metal Sonic.

The writer really had a hard-on for Mecha Sonic. Really the majority of the crossover was just Mario vs Mecha Sonic with the rest of the Sonic elements either being dead or barely there.

I remember when it was revealed he was working on Gravity Falls a couple of people tried to complain to Disney about him working on a kids shows due to the graphic nature of his other work. I don't remember the exact response but it was something along the lines of 'We have all seen his guro works and enjoy them, people have the capability to separate their works and a load of us have worked on adult content.'

I wish it was more commonly known here in the west.

In japanland it's a given that every artist/assistant that's ever had anything to do with the manga/anime industry once peddled their own smut at a convention or event.

Oh wow, I completely scrolled over this...
Ranks pretty damn high on the weird scale, but it won't keep me up at night..

>Sonic elements either being dead or barely there.
You gotta admit, it made things way more simple than having to deal with all of that.

And he has changed it to be a more Metal style in the remake.

I feel like if you're going to make a Mario and Sonic crossover that's 95% Mario, why not just replace the other 5% with OCs? Or reinvent some Mario character to be the same deathbeast that Mecha Sonic is?

because metal sonic + chaos gems really is a monster

>chaos gems
KYS

my mind is not well, i forget what they are called

That, and Mario + Sonic = huge hit. Just look at the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics games.

That's like a 2 on the Paul Robertson weirdness scale.
youtube.com/watch?v=XqV0aJIK2Fk

It might have worked a little longer, but it would have cost more to make. As much as I like good pixel art and rough polygons, ripping sprites from River City Ransom is cheap and easy.

Are we talking about Paul Robertson? Because I think we're talking about Paul Robertson.

youtube.com/watch?v=gPefy4xnNpk

Depends on what kind of pixel art we're talking about. I could watch a cartoon by Paul Robertson all day, for example. Some others not so much.

I don't know who this guy is but I'm already tired of his artwork

he seems to be the go-to guy lately for sprite artwork in media and I've already seen enough of his work to want somebody else's artwork

>datsun
yes

Fuck yeah.
I still remember being amazed to find out that this was made by one guy.
youtube.com/watch?v=T5zpNfTfGZU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mgm1o5TzLUc

There is no practical reason for a show to be pixel art. It has value in small doses, but if it was the full animation style it would come across as a pretentious affectation.

Starbound got weird

In some way he reminds me of Cyriak, only more coherent.

I'd watch it

Yes he also worked on that boss ass scott pilgrim game

>we