How does their civilization survive if they only have one female?

How does their civilization survive if they only have one female?

Smurf magic

Because they don't sexually reproduce, a stork brings them.

They have one female servicing a large group of males. That implies a species that lays eggs.

With all the Smurfette is the Town Whore jokes

She was made by Gargamel so what happened before that?

Spores?

Is it me or we have this thread like once a week?

The Stork delivers a new baby Smurf on each blue moon. Maintaining a steady population means averaging roughly one death every two years.

SMURFS DONT LAY EGGS!

I WONT TELL YOU THIS AGAIN!

PAPA SMURF HAS A FUCKING BEARD!

THEYRE MAMMALS!

The female isn't even a part of their species, they were exclusively male and the female is an artificial being made by Gulga- made by Guruga- made by the G man.

G-spot rocks the g-spot

Smurfette isn't even a real smurf. She's a homunculus created by Gargamel to make the smurfs fight each other.

Gargamel. The name's Gargamel.

I only have D&D lore to go on for this, but wouldn't a homonculus imply that she was created from Gargamel's blood? If I recall, she was created from clay, wasn't she? I think that would make her a golem.

Right, right, thanks.

So yeah, Lady Smurf was made by Gilgamesh.

The males give birth

Sassette a cute.

This.

Now as to where the Stork comes from: There's the question that needs to be asked. Where is the Stork getting the new baby Smurfs from, exactly? Is that Stork like the Goose who Lays the Golden Eggs but with stork eggs or are Smurfs in fact born from said Golden Eggs lain by a hidden Goose the Stork is keeping secret?

This person is asking a similarly correct question. Fun fact: Sassette, the little girl Smurf with red hair was created by the three Smurflings because they wanted a girl to play with and found out Smurfette was artificially created.

Does that mean Sassette is technically those boy's child? And who created Grandma Smurf, the third and final female Smurf introduced?

I'm pretty sure some smurfs are chosen to be reverted back to an earlier age.

Fun Fact: Three Smurfs (Natural, Slouchy, and Snappy) fall into Father Time's clock and become children. They create Sassette to be a sister for Smurfette before Grandma Smurf is introduced.

Edit: Grandma Smurf is actually Nanna Smurf, my bad.

There's no reason to believe that none of the identical 'male' smurfs are females, or that the species even had sexual dimorphism to begin with.

I prefer to think the Smurfs spawned off each other asexually somehow, and Smurfette was built out of a misunderstanding of how Smurf biology works. So she's not so much their 'female equivalent' as a mismash of Smurf appearance and human female anatomy.

They were literally made by Gargamel. There's no explanation for why he did this but then lost them or the ability to make new Smurfs.

Their "civilization" is entirely artificial and doesn't need to make biological sense. It did not arise, it was created.

There are other female smurfs, like Sassette and Nanny Smurf.

Storks evolved from dinosaurs.

I thought Gargamel only made smurfette to infiltrate their society so that he could eat and/or turn them into gold.

As far as antagonists go his motives never were very clear.

>final female
Well, I know a lot of people don't consider the movies to be canon, but I still like Vexy.
Hackus is an annoying piece of shit, though.

The boys took Sassette to Gargamel to complete the spell that brings her to life. Because of this, she often calls him Papa Gargamel.

She is probably the only smurf interested in attempting human sex, if only for the sake of being rebellious.

Right, she was made by Girugamesh.