Fucking explain this movie to me Cred Forums, I'm fucking lost

Fucking explain this movie to me Cred Forums, I'm fucking lost

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=L59tHyepOxU
youtube.com/watch?v=KC0IQA5OUAA
youtu.be/ujQ-nMc0WGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The ending to this movie had me howling with laughter

Was this film made on a budget of literally nothing?

It seems so, like jesus fuck every scene had nothing to do with eachother

Well this movie makes sense when you don't ask questions.

>Trying to explain a Ralph Bakshi film
Good luck with that

yes
it had the cheapest effects from the 70s

They had a cool character design with the red robot dude, and squandered it by making the Brooklyn Hobbit reject the hero.
The movie is worth watching if only for that one scene at the end. You know the one.

Fire & Ice is pretty easy to follow tho.

the ending of the film massively pissed me off

like, i get the anticlimax was the joke. but i aint laffin

It's post apocalyptic high fantasy. What's to get?

The soundtrack was pretty fucking killer, tho.m.youtube.com/watch?v=L59tHyepOxU

It's the Lord of the Rings, condensed down and plastered over with 70s era underground drug magazines. And tons of rotoscoping to make it look cool. Oh, and they shot Fritz.

Think Dungeons and Dragons. Now make a movie out of it. The good guys have a long walk to stop the bad guy. On the way they encounter all sorts of crazy weirdness. Also the bad guy has sent armies out to kill people, proving he's bad. Then the good guys managed to get un-lost, find the bad guy, and stop him. War is bad. Shame on you for being a warmongering knob from a civilization of knobs. Everything is good again, more or less. It's still an apocalyptic wasteland. But free love and butterfly women rule once again.

Explain the nazis

>Watching Wizards instead of Coonskin
No, you explain yourself user.

>Explain the nazis
Bakshi has two nationalities listed on wikipedia, one is of the American, I'll let you guess the second.

I always found this move to be the most overrated of underrated Bakshi films. The animation was barely there (due to the almost non-existent budget, but it still looks like shit), the themes felt half-baked, and the story had poor pacing. Despite all of this I see it paraded across Cred Forums more than Bakshi's much better films like Coonskin or Heavy Traffic.

Remember Mark Hamill's cameo? Which only last 10 seconds.

I only watched it for the thicc fairy.

She needs more smut.

The nazis are nazis. They're power, they're evil, they're whatever the appeal that nazis are to druggies. They're reasons to put tanks and guns in a fantasy setting of elves. They're reasons to rotoscope in war scenes from old movies and say close enough, time for a beer and a smoke break of pot. They're a big obvious moral lesson to kabong you over the head so that the movie guys can say there's a big moral lesson.

fairy nipples

Yes.

Bakshi even once joked about the entire budget of the film equalling to the first 3 minutes of Toy Story, which is probaly an accurate thing to say.

He had just about as much money for Lord of the Rings, hell, pretty much any other movie he made

It's so funny that Wizards is the film Cred Forums gets a kick out of because the bad guy literally starts the Fourth Reich with fucking magic

I love it. It's my favorite animated movie.

You can barely understand what they say in Coonskin, but I agree that Heavy Traffic is the best Bakshi film
>the themes felt half-baked, and the story had poor pacing
That's pretty much all Bakshi films, and it's usually due to a lack of polish/care, something Bakshi never bothered with, either you get it or you don't, he ain't going to be the one to decide if you should live the degenerate life of his characters or look for something else

Magic but mostly an old film reel of Hitler, with the implication being that the propaganda itself was some sort of black magic

If that's not ham-fisted, I don't know what is

Well he was busy with Star Wars, but still, I am impressed at how flexible he was even back then when it came to cartoon voices
>please accept our apologies for the behaviour of some of our more carefree brothers...
>ASSASSIN. TECHNOLOGY-UGH

You have some major misconceptions about Cred Forums.

Propaganda was the motivation to war without an actual cause, I wouldn't call it ham-fisted since it's the only theme in the movie that feels fleshed out compared to everything else.

Or I just love the scene where the Elves are caught off-guard by the Projector and brutally lose the battle way too much.

Well I like that Bakshi was trying to push more adult animation, but his stuff mostly doesn't appeal to me, doubly so when I was a kid. This shit was in the section with anime and when I discovered anime (cartoons with blood and tits to me) I rented this because of the sweet cover. Nostalgia ever since. Never rented Lord of the Rings, which is the only other Bakshi movie I recall in that section, because I thought Wizards in pointy hats were pretty lame.

I imagine a lot of people stumbled upon it that way, and I think cartoons tend to attract people who are more into scifi and fantasy, which is my guess to why his other works aren't as well known. I have watched Fire and Ice though and its pretty cool.

Are you saying Cred Forums's meme magic will start the Fourth Reich?

she's on exhentai

>That's pretty much all Bakshi films
Agreed, but I always felt that this particular film was a lot worse than his others.

It wouldn't be the craziest outcome for the current electoral cycle.

It's one of his more frank ''on-the-nose'' films compared to others, I guess because it was his idea of a children's movie? He always said Wizards was a children's movie.

Elder God Tier: Coonskin

God Tier: Wizards, Fire and Ice

Good tier: Fritz the cat, Lord of the Rings

Shit tier: Heavy Traffic , American pop

>Heavy Traffic and American Pop
woooooow

;^)

It's the only animated movie that my dad will watch, and pretty much the only fantasy he'll watch too.
I believe that's only because it has a good depiction of a Luger, and because he saw it when he was young and it was the first cartoon he'd ever seen with nipples.

It's one of the few animated films I watch so dad leaves me alone because it triggers him

Some shit about nukes causing elves to come into existance.

Nothing will ever piss me off more than how half of the cast was written off for half of the film. Especially Peace.

Drugs.

they were a metaphor for Cred Forums shitposters spilling out of Cred Forums. Bakshi tried to warn us. We didn't listen.

A wizard did it.

>anti-social asshole (Blackwolf) gathers other assholes that got the shaft when the new age rolled in (Mutants), all in their motherland (Scortch) and with the power of Magic (Propaganda/kek) to go and take over the shitty ''we can all be friends'' lands
Except that even in the film Elves and Fairies don't get along and don't even try to.

>They shot Fritz
For gods sake Fritz, get up!

Ralph did the movie to prove he could make a family film. And then featured the titty fairy front and center.

Those combine characters were the best youtube.com/watch?v=KC0IQA5OUAA

>not mentioning 'Hey Good Lookin'

What happened to you Cred Forums?

It's Bakshi. He had no money and was never much of a writer. He was also probably high as well.

Still his best work.

Fire and Ice is okay but that ending is terrible.

If I remember correctly he just uses a volcano to wipe out the bad guys... Even though he could have done that earlier but just chose not to for some reason.

Coonskin's pretty straightforward.
It's an examination of black issues in America that also satirizes Song of The South.

I'll forever have no real stance on this film until the original version with live-action backgrounds/characters is finally released

It's the ''ticking clock'' aspect of the film, they're supposed to go in and save the princess, but if the glacier moves past the river they'll have no choice but to destroy it, also, that thing might have a somewhat limited range

> choose not to

Larn wanted revenge on Nekron and Darkwolf was Nekron's dad, they both had reasons to personally confront him.

The Fire King didn't want to go to war in the first place, it literally took the death of his son and his daughter getting kidnapped to act.

A wizard and some characters must stop the wizard's evil brother from taking over the world after looking at old Nazi propaganda,

Basically this.

Something I admire Bakshi a lot about his movies is that no matter how cheap the films could get, they always had a great sense of staging/angle/art direction

Ian Miller's art of Scourge is fucking art, Mike Ploog's story paintings are beautiful, Lord of the Rings plays somewhat like a series of paintings, and Fritz the Cat has these great dramatic angles during the revolt in Harlem, not to mention Duke's death.

Literally any other animated film made with 2 peanuts I've seen suffer from blocky staging, flat angles and underwhelming drama, hell, it even applies to Disney at the time

I do like how this movie showed the 50's more for what it was during an era where American pop culture was viewing it through rose tinted glasses.

To this day I struggle with what the fuck happened during the Pixie arc.

It's sad that low budget animation of today is butt-ugly CG instead of charming, hand-drawn stuff like this. Even if something comes up with a good story, no one will watch it if it looks like digital diarrhea.

I thought it was one of the more comprehensible arcs in the film, the scene of Weehawk in the Spider pit is definately one of the highlights of the film

No I mean the part where the prince shouts assasin, gets shot and then suddenly Eleanor is chained up.

It feels like something got cut out between the two, and as characters go off on their own, I'm left wondering where everyone is in relation to each other.

>Bits and pieces of religion man
>Coke

God I love Wizards, it might have been nigh incoherent, but the mook dialogue was 10/10.

The film really doesn't tell what happen after Peace found his Assassin buddies that were still working on Blackwolf's plan (kill the leaders so the people fight amongst themselves), nor does it explain what was he doing down in the spider pit.

But the part where Mark Hammil is shot is pretty clear, he's killed off and Elinore is held responsible, being immediately teleported out of where she was and chained up

>Patience, we must first observe sundown, and pray....
>''he's got a point.''
cracks me up everytime

>youtu.be/ujQ-nMc0WGE
>THEY'VE KILLED FRITZ

I think this film made me love bad guys in fiction, specifically how well you get your mooks characterized. Like Bob in Deadpool. I loved Bob.

That's what I feel Wizards represents about Bakishi's approach to dialogue. Despite being post-apocalyptic science fiction (best and most ridiculous genre, den/den), the voice delivery for certain characters is gritty and neurotic. I think this is related to what was saying about Bakihi's own distinctive touch in animation.