What the fuck happened?

Deadpool is good too dude

This.

2016 was great.

Except for the quippy Marvel shit.

>Civil War
>good
No it wasn't. Fuck off.
Deadpool and Skwad were the good ones. Doc Strange still has a chance.

>deadpool, be underdog, beat expectations

>xmen is xmen, consistent if nothing else

>bvs was a mess, but wasn't the train wreck everyone wants it to be

>same goes for squad

>Doc Strange can lean one way or another.

Not the worst year

>Squad

You fuck off.

Squad sucked though

Deadpool was also good and Strange looks good.

>bvs was a mess, but wasn't the train wreck everyone wants it to be

>same goes for squad

Is this what denial looks like?

Deadpool was good, Doctor Strange wasn't out, and Ninja Turtles was inoffensive.

Apocalypse kind of went full retard with the Jlaw wank and property damage.

This is Cred Forums not Cred Forums

And Doctor Strange looks promising.

>you don't like a movie I like so you're in denial
Fuck off faggot go back to Cred Forums

What? Deadpool was easily the best.

>Civil CGI
>Good
No.

Why don't we both go?

That is your opinion and I'm fine with it

This has to be b8
BvS's main villain, which I'm not going to call Doomsday because that would be an insult to the character, is a shitty CGI blob.

Deadpool, Civil War and Squad were all great.

BvS was ok.

Apocalypse and TMNT 2 were bad.

Doctor Strange looks pretty good.

>Civil War
Good, managed to take a overrated story and handle it better. Though a bit too much focus on Bucky, not enough Zemo. More of a Avengers movie than a Cap story.
>Deadpool
A labor of love from a team given a limited budget, surprised it was pulled off. Hope FOX doesnt get their fingers in the sequel
>Turtles
Horseshit masked by nostaglia, nothing more
>BvS
Nothing more can be said about it. Personally I found it very disappointing. Moving on.
>X Men Apocalypse
I cant bring myself to care anymore with this franchise. Horrible CGI, sick of Magneto, tired of Raven/JLaw, and Apocalypse is a laughable jobber (so yeah pretty accurate)
>Suicide Squad
Its "meh" at best. Butchered in the editing room, should have left Letos scenes/abuse in, Smith just plays himself, and the characters are sloppily balanced throughout. The most "fun" of the DCEU but really thats not saying much

Looking forward to Dr Strange though

I agree with this user. The only other one on the list I saw was BvS. Goddamn what a trainwreck, I really wanted to like it too.

Not defending BvS by any means user, but calling Doomsday a character is giving him too much credit. Hes basically the wall that finally stopped the flying brick

Lex Luthor was the main villain.

So close to those satanic trips

That was lex luthor? I thought it was the riddler.

>Only by hiring someone who loves Snyder can Marvel possibly produce capekino.

Civil War CGI was garbage, but Doomsday was very badly designed
I liked both films, but seeing Black Panther and Spider-man looking like Raimi's Spidey CGI and Doomsday looking like the fifth Bay turtle took me completely out of both movies

The only CGI that looked bad from memory was Stark wearing his suit. Like jesus his head was floating on that thing. Panther and Spidey looked alright to me

>Civil War
>Good

delusional

>God Tier
Civil War

>Good Tier
Deadpool

>Ok Tier
Suicide Squad
Ninja Turtles

>Meh
X-Men

>HOLY FUCK HOW DID THEY LET THIS HAPPEN
BvS

>Not Out Yet
Doctor Strange

fuck you I liked deadpool

How does it feel to be a tryhard contrarian?

I would say switch Skwad and X-men, and bump Civil War down one to be with Deadpool. I didn't see Ninja Turtles

How does it feel needing a plug for your phone?

Makes him feel like some kinda hero I'm sure.

I think that's fair, but I'll keep it as is.

How do you charge yours?

feels pretty bad man.

>"b-but muh dark and gritty BvS"

>How do you charge yours?
With a plug. Jesus, are you retarded? I've also tried out one of those magnetic wireless chargers. They're kind of neat.

>Civil War
>good
It just set the bar real low

I'm already kinda used to Stark head floating around in the suit(they should really make at least the top of the suits and the rest CG), but he at least looked cool and believable with the helmet on
But Panther looked like a rubber doll even when he was standing, in movement it was even weirder to me. Spidey was kinda like that, but it looked kinda better, just a little unnatural, i think the whole CGI over the suit thing Marvel is doing is pretty retarded, they can achieve the same effects by doing the costumes practically, look at Batman's and Cap's uniform, both are pretty busy, full of details and look good even when they're CGI
Oh, and Falcon, when he was doing the flips on the air and stuff in the first scene, it was really bad

BvS was the good one

The rest were kids movies 12 and under would enjoy

(you)

Civil War was as bad as BvS and Squad. People ripped the latter two for their terrible editing, pacing, and story when Civil War had the exact same problems.

Did it have those problems? sure, minus story. That was better than the source material. But the problems it DID have were to a much lesser degree than BvS and SS had.
Civil War also had the bonus of being entertaining to watch

Stop

>Posts a picture with a series of posts and pictures unrelated to the post he quotes.
Okay.

i thought civil war pulled it off pretty well, since i didnt really think about the problems til lafter the movie

Take away Spider-Man and Civil War is just as shit as the rest of the MCU

what the shit, I didn't even know Dr. Strange was coming out this year, let alone 2 months. has the marketing been ass?

I disagree. I thought the editing and camerawork in the first 40 minutes of Civil War was way worse than (almost) anything in BvS and the story nonsensical. Yeah, it was better than the source material, but that's not really saying much.

For me, the only enjoyable part of the movie was the stuff right after Tony speaks with Peter up until the end of the Airport scene. I hated everything else about the movie.

Deadpool is better than Civil War in every way

Ya see, the desperate DC fanboys will have the same reaction when Doctor strange comes out.

Right now they only shit on civil war, despite it being one of the better entries in the MCU. They're so butthurt that WB is so mismanaged that they finally see marvel as "the enemy" and will shit on each entry from here on out despite what it's quality is.

why do people here hate popular and successful movies, and like poorly received movies so much?

CW was entertaining. It wasn't good, as in artistic, critically acclaimed (it was well-reviewed, no one suggested it was going to win best picture much less should be considered or anything like that), or doing anything that really broke new ground in either the MCU or in genre films generally.

It was well-made in the way that cereal is well-made and can appeal to the largest, broadest amount of consumers without casting aspersions or causing offense (for the most part). But it's tropetastic, by the number, we don't really have any interesting villains so let's have our heroes fight one another again, just MORE of them. More is better, right?

Deadpool was equally entertaining and had a little more thought behind it, considering they didn't have the money for the cast, effects, etc. that Avengers 2.5 did.

No clue about the Turtles so fine, I'll give you that one. Doctor Strange isn't out yet. I'm not going to touch BvS other than to say it wasn't entertaining, in the same sense that CW and DP were. I missed X-Men in theaters unfortunately and have no interest in Murder Criminal's as Hero's no matter who shoved them out (Marvel/Disney, Disney, Image/Mark Miller, etc.)

>Doomsday because that would be an insult to the character,
Like doomsday would really care.

Nobody counts TMNTOTS?

Marvel doesn't go full force on marketing till the last month and a half or so.
You're going to see Cumberbatch's weird ass on every talk show in America in October and you'll wish you hadn't asked that.

but i love cliches when they pull it off right

Almost nobody saw TMNT 2. I completely forgot about it until this thread.

>Ahead of it's time
>An adaption of a story from 1986

Deadpool was good
Civil War was okay.
I liked Apocalypse despite forced Wolverine cameos and the repetitive nature of the series.
And squad was better than I was expecting.

Hopefully Strange does well but I have zero hope.

because Cred Forums is one of the few places on the internet where people can actually say their honest opinions on matters on a popular open forum without having to worry about a stigma being attached to their name. Try to do this shit on someplace like Reddit and you'll just be downvoted and ignored instead of having a conversation about what you didn't like with people who liked it or vice versa.

The concept of anonymity also allows for hyperbole, which is what a lot of the discussion here devolves into. Do I really hate Civil War? I did when I saw it in theaters, left the viewing extremely pissed off. But now? It's just a movie I would never want to watch again. It didn't actually fuck me over the way Green Lantern or Ant-Man does.

>but Doomsday was very badly designed
How? He was EXACTLY his comic counterpart just less spikes.

Does anybody have a larger version of that image?

ant-man was green lantern bad? i though it was really fun

Is......is this bait or just stupid?

Well, I liked Deadpool and Civil War bored the piss out of me, so what now?

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU WANT???
You can not seriously fucking tell me you think we would not get a CGI Doomsday.
Your fucking insane.

I should have been a fucking screen writer. It seems like the best paying job where talent, skill, or effort just really aren't a requirement. Like half of these movies and The CW tv shows I could do just as good typing something out last minute over the weekend.

Civil War getting reviews as good as it did makes me believe even more in a blind, paid off industry. It wasn't 9/10 by any stretch. 8/10 on a good day, 7/10 most other days, maybe down to 5/10 during dark times.

Civil War had shit CGI

Go watch the tunnel chase scene again and the airport scene. It's clear they blew a lot of their budget on actor's pay

Not true.
Mos is my 2nd favorite movie & I strongly like Bvs but Winter soldier is still better then it.

So he would've looked like shit either way?

Civil War was hollow and lifeless. A huge misfire for the end of the Cap trilogy which should have been more personal, rather than a weird hybrid rush to set up several future films. Deadpool was good, but the rest were meh to bad.

you mean every single person who reviewed it was paid off? there are dozens of them, that sounds really hard to cover up

For me it was. I can't seem to find anyone else who agrees, though. It was nothing but cliches crammed down your throat.

Remember how Green Lantern had that really shitty moment during the training scene where Kilowog out of nowhere teaches Hal about a star's gravity and it felt completely forced? And at that moment, all you can say to yourself is "Gee, I wonder what the fucking climax of the movie is going to be". That's what Ant-Man was to me. It even had that exact moment. It also had a generic training montage in which two characters who hated each other started to fall for each other because they looked at each other a few times. I can't express how much I hate those two movies.

You used good instead of well, so I doubt that.

Deadpool was great and tmnt was enjoyable at least despute caseys best attempts to drag the movie down.

All those movies were whack.

I defy you mother fucker.
What the fuck is different beyond lacking pants & spikes.

>Go watch the tunnel chase scene again and the airport scene. It's clear they blew a lot of their budget on actor's pay
This is a cool Cred Forums meme and all but the CGI in both of those scenes was fine.

Stop fucking implying Cgi always looks bad.

What i dont understand about squad us5 people who claim its terrible.
Its just kind of bad.

i thought ant-man used cliches really fun way

Didn't say that. You're projecting. Doomsday looked like shit.

The coolness. Spikey doomsday looks fuckin cool. Cave troll doomsday looks terrible

You forgot big hero 6.

Nose, eyes, mouth, shape of the head And thickness of the torso.

Deadpool was great, also hollywood thinking that they can make something better by playing it by charts and graphs

>Looking forward to Dr Strange though
Also: Lego Batman looks like fun.

kid, I've been posting on Cred Forums since fucking Blackest Night storytimes, and I much preferred BvS to CW. kys.

Im not saying Doomsday has a good design, but when you take his 2 defining physical traits hes not really Doomsday anymore, just a random ass grey monster. Not to mention he was missing the chest/face plates. Well except in some versions when he has hair. I mean I hate to use the rock troll meme but his design reminds me more of that than Doomsday.

lego batman is the batman movie we both need and deserve

it will be the fiunest batman movie i bet

Deadpool then Cap III then X-men Apoc

This.

A-user, that came out two years ago.

>this nigga doesnt like golden/silver age lex turning into modern age lex

i feel sorry for you

>deadpool
This was a great film perfect amount of 4th wall to.
>BvS
This was pretty fucking shit hundreds of times better then man of steel but still horrible. i hope they keep whoever choregraphed the batman warehouse fight for his solo
>civil war
Haven't seen it yet
>x men
Have no intention of seeing it unless its on the tv or something
>ninja turtles
This was pretty good casey was horrible though
>suicide squad
Bad but not as horrible as people seem to think
>docter strange
Is not even fucking out yet.

Deadpool was great
Suicide Squad was good
Doctor Strange isn't out yet.

Holy shit where does the time go

>not seeing how the Watchmen movie uses conventions of superhero movies (some being used to this day) to shift the commentary from superhero comics to the movies

Why does everyone think every modern businessman is a socially awkward numale faggot?

>Only by hiring someone who loves Snyder can Marvel possibly produce capekino.
That's not how you spell "Schumacher," user.

Some directors could do that and it could be great.
Not synder the only movie deconstruction was the overly long sex scenes and im pretty sure those were auctualy genuine.

I dunno, ask Snyder.

Deadpool and Civil War were good, SS is a passable action flick, Strange isn't even out yet.

You have to wonder what people are thinking when they cgi costumes sometimes.

Eh its not just him. Its kind of been the fad in media ever since Social Network and the Kickstarter shit

>Deadpool is better than Civil War in every way
Morena Baccarin pegging Ryan Reynolds really did it for ya, huh?

Yeah in squad right from the start i was thinking the fuck is with this pacing.
Harley did not need 2 intro scenes deadshot benifited but they could have cut harleys first one easily.
Then slipknit arived and it just made you wonder why drop him in like that.

Pegging a best.

he grew more spikes as it went on doh

Deadpool was fucking 10/10 in a full theater, an absolutely great time that I won't forget for a long time

Deadpool in a room by yourself is 4/10.

what do you mean? He wasnt really like that, he was channeling golden age/silver age crazy mad scientist luthor more than anything else. And at the end he gets shaved and gets a much cooler demeanor (minus the bell scene of course). He grows into modern lex.

It would certainly do it for me.

True, but he still never looked like Doomsday. Also stealing part of Parasite's power set was kind of dumb.

But user, don't you see Snyder's vision here?
Superman is Jesus, get it yet?

Either that or an african river. Since seems salty, I'm guessing it's not the river.

i think the energy blasts were meant to represent Doomsday adapting his body to the new threats, like he is supposed to

You cant really say he became modern Lex given that little amount of screentime. I mean hell hes still stuttering like an idiot during that. I get it, more mad scientist than businessman, but personally it didnt work for me

But he wasnt really adapting to anything, all he was doing was absorbing energy and becoming stronger with each hit.

After Civil War I have no hope for Mads in this. Not gonna be wasted like Lee Pace...hopefully...

It doesn't, and the message wouldn't have worked on movies even if it did