Long, thin vertical comic panels, the series

>Long, thin vertical comic panels, the series
But really, I've finished the third issue and it's interesting so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-1
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-2
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-One
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-Two
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_on_Infinite_Earths#Continuity_issues
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its a great series, but it is fucking long. I read it over the course of a year myself, since im a slow reader and read a bunch of things at the same time.

Its one of my favorite things ever.

It starts slow.

>I read it over the course of a year myself

Git gud, scrub

It's a surprisingly comfy rainy weekend read

Took a gamble and bought the absolute edition. Just finished reading it today and loved it.

There's way too many panels of random characters going "I, [insert name], will use my power of [power] to help in this scenario!", but otherwise it's a great story.

It's a great idea and well executed, but it was a mistake. DC should've just carried on with Earth-One and Earth-Two rather than inavlidate decades of good stories in the name of continuity wonking.

it doesnt invalidate anything, its just the next chapter in the great dc universe saga

>it doesnt invalidate anything
Then what was the point of COIE?

tell me how it invalidates any of those stories? Anymore then any sherlock holmes story invalidates any other one? Or how the Star Wars prequels invalidate the originals? The stories still exist you autist and literally lose no value. If anything they gain more value now that DC is turning hard into the hyper crisis.

Cutting back on surviving kryptonions.

>tell me how it invalidates any of those stories?
By rendering them apocryphal.

>Anymore then any sherlock holmes story invalidates any other one?
I wasn't aware that each Sherlock Holmes story took place in an alternate timeline, with each successive one taking primacy over its predecessor.

>Or how the Star Wars prequels invalidate the originals?
See above.

>The stories still exist you autist and literally lose no value.
So I can go out right now and buy ongoings set on Earth-One and Earth-Two?

No, I can't. Why? Because those settings and characters no longer exist.

>If anything they gain more value now that DC is turning hard into the hyper crisis.
DC never sanctioned Hypercrisis, and editorial has retroactively mandated that all previous Crises and universes never happened.

>No, I can't. Why? Because those settings and characters no longer exist.

There's a difference between stories existing in the past, macro-meta continuity of things and no longer being published. Whether or not you have Earth-One or Earth-Two ongoings doesn't invalidate the stories.

>DC never sanctioned Hypercrisis, and editorial has retroactively mandated that all previous Crises and universes never happened.

I don't believe editorial has sanctioned Hypercrisis, nor do I think they've mandated that COIE and the previous universes never happened. If anything, the continuity has looped back on itself and allowed more universes to be saved from the first Crisis' destruction.

>Whether or not you have Earth-One or Earth-Two ongoings doesn't invalidate the stories.
They're invalid in relation to current DC, and COIE is what invalidated them.

>If anything, the continuity has looped back on itself and allowed more universes to be saved from the first Crisis' destruction.
In which case, the question stands: what was the point of COIE?

>So I can go out and buy ongoings on Earth-one and Earth-Two?
Yes you can.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but you can. Earth 2: Society, and if by Earth-One you mean the main universe it's still there. If not there's Earth-One Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Teen Titans.

I appreciate more of the concept and few key scenes, than I do it as a wholesome story, if that makes sense. It's probably because I only read it recently and it's kinda dated and muddled due to the whole scope of the story, and Wolfman being the writer, whose work has always left me a bit cold.

No, you're confusing

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-1
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-2

with

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-One
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-Two

So how many books were actually affected by the reboot in any signifigant way?

All of them. Everything was rebooted. Every character had a new origin story.

>George Perez claimed in a 1994 interview that Chris Claremont, famous for his 17-year run on The Uncanny X-Men, suggested that the Earth-One Superman die killing the Anti-Monitor; since his history had been the one to survive the alteration of history, the new Earth was now without a Superman. In this scenario, the Earth-Two Superman, after considering the fact that his wife and friends are all now gone, would look at the heroes surrounding him and say, "Well, guess I don't need this anymore" and begin to wipe old-age make-up from his face & white hair dye from his temples. He would then explain that he had stopped physically aging in the 1940's when his powers reached their peak. This Superman would then return to Earth with the other heroes and assume his younger counterpart's life. The thrust of the post-Crisis Superman reboot would then be "The Return of the Original Super-Hero," with the Earth-Two Superman learning to live his life as a younger Clark Kent in the modern world.

All I got from this is that a whole bunch of side characters got shafted, never to recover.

It happened to "fix" "problems" that only continuity wonks cared about:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_on_Infinite_Earths#Continuity_issues

That continuity-fixing did not end here.

Exactly. And Convergence has since restored Earth-One and Earth-Two to the multiverse anyway.

ugh, talk about creepy Claremont strikes again.

I don't see how that's creepy.