Why does no one talk about Blackest Night over here? I loved the event, the tie-ins, the villains...

Why does no one talk about Blackest Night over here? I loved the event, the tie-ins, the villains, the idea that heroes who got reborn over the years faced consequences for that, the spectrum of light of every hero (>mfw Superman had all colors in him) etc.

Haven't read Brightest Day, though.

Because it sucked. Most disappointing event I've ever read.

>Why does no one talk about Blackest Night over here?

what world are you living in?

I just felt the Black Lantern gimmick was the only semi interesting thing.

I really liked Blackest Night

Brightest Day was pretty awful

Because it came out 6 years ago and we talked about it as it was being published?

It was fun enough but a disappointment after so many years of buildup. Best tie-in was the SBP one.

Most of Cred Forums hated it. They complain that it was just a large annoying EPICCROSSOVERTITLE and they aren't wrong. That being said I enjoyed it. Green Lantern needed something like it and it was full of nostalgic shit. Brightest Day was much better imo but way different.

A lot of the tie-ins were garbage but the main series and brightest were both pretty good. I'm cringing at how hard they want red dawn to be part of it.

Best Part

Hawkman and Hawkgirl deaths were better.

fuck

Ivan Reis is amazing

Yeah, all heroes were superbly drawn, in my opinion. They could easily be seen as absolute versions of pre-new 52 heroes.

this, it was widely discussed when the event was going on

fuck, I still miss the Dibney's

I hated that they killed girl Firestorm and I especially hated how they killed Kendra, revived her and then revealed no she was really Shyera all this time.

Im not a Kendra fan, Im not sure if there are many. But that's seriously not fucking cool.

My least favorite death was Boomerang II. It was so bad I feel like Johns must have had plans to have Zoom resurrect him for the Zoom corps or something before that Flash run fell apart.

>Zoom Corps
>doesn't run fast

And then they killed Shiera not long after! That was pretty fucked up

Oh wait Boomerang Jr.

The world of the undead?

Blackest Night was the apotheosis of Johns' plot linearity.

>Crisis is announced
>all heroes rush to Earth and do nothing important

>villain appears
>all the heroes still do nothing important.

>villain calls up superzombies
>heroes still do nothing

>villain stands around
>heroes fight superzombies which basically amounts to nothing

>villain enacts his master plan
>heroes still basically do nothing

>Deadman shows up and tells heroes how to defeat the villain
>villain is ded

That's the whole plot of BN, there's no actual energy or movement to it, no waxing or waning of opposing forces, it's just a bunch of people standing around, waiting for all the tie-ins to wrap up before discarding the villain in a kind of lame way. Compared to SCW it was a pretty remarkable letdown.

They're back, and happy and lovey dovey as they should be. I guess the Rebirth Effect prioritized them.

Simone had them screwed up for a bit in her Secret Six run, but fixed them before the book ended.
May have been the plan all along, it just seems rushed.

Because it's an event comic, ultimately meaningess.