So I know I'm a bit behind on this...

So I know I'm a bit behind on this, but can someone please explain to me why everyone hates Daredevil's suit in the Netflix series? It looks exactly how I expected it to look in the MCU and I personally don't have any major complaints. I do think it could have been more red, but it's certainly better than the leather fetish suit or yellow spandex. It just reminds me a lot of how the made Captain America's suit more realistic, so I don't get the constant ire people have for it.

For me it's mostly because his s1 mask makes him look like a tard. S2 mask is better though.
Also, black suit had a charming simplicity to it, a street level costume for a street level hero, this is more avengers styke

Mainly it's because the suit is a little ill-fitting and baggy in certain spots, I think. If it were exactly like that concept art I doubt anyone would have gripes against that.

His clubs look a bit like lightsabers hanging off his side like that.

It's just another case of when you adapt shit from the comics, it usually looks bad without a ton of CGI or lighting effects

>it usually looks bad without a ton of CGI or lighting effects

I haven't seen S2 yet.

but when it showed up in S1 it just looked goofy as hell.

Didn't help that I watched so many episodes of him in his makeshift costume which looks pretty slick.

>no white gloves
Fuck you, DC.

>Deadpool with a devil helmet

The little bit on his forehead made his head look weird. Just a perspective trick thing. I was never bothered by it.

Just because that's what you expected it to look like doesn't mean it looks good numb nuts.

He looked derpy. He worked in the concept art, but didnt on Charlie's actual face shape.

>this mask

If this was a DCEU costume you would call it tacticool shit.

That costume is about the same quality, maybe a tad lower, as these.

/thread

I like it in Season 2.
In 1, he had a fucked up mask and only wore it for one episode after wearing the GOAT Man Without Fear outfit for the whole season. So all we had for a year was the inital bad impression.

it was too cartoonish. it didn't fit with the "gritty realism" tone of the show.

>same quality
If you seriously believe that, you should really kill yourself.

It's definitely not better...

But I don't really hate any of those, user. Aquaman isn't gold/orange enough and Flash offends me a little, but none of them are tacticool.

Not a single one of those are tacticool.

Why Cred Forums is so dumb? Is tacticool the new mary sue? a bunch of idiots using the word without knowing what it means?

Cred Forumsntrarians are allergic to anything popular or mainstream

most of Cred Forums is about using words they don't the meaning of.

But i've seen people calling Batman's new detailing on the suit "tacticool".
It's not, but people have shat on it for that.

They fucked up BIG TIME by having his nose be covered instead of having the mouth part of the mask come up to above his nose. This is the only 100% thing i can say is BAD about the suit, other than that it's alright, if a little obvious/boring for an MCU design. I feel like he shouldn't look so armored either considering the whole point of DareDevil's namesake

Cont.

Should have been something more like this. The miscellaneous plating is a pretty shit carryover from the movies, and instead of having him be a brighter res they ought to have chosen a material which's texture plays more interestingly in different lights like nylon or something, giving a more distinct impression of red as opposed to the indistincy blob he is in the show

The mask gets changed in the first episode of season 2

>It looks exactly how I expected it to look in the MCU

That's why it's bad, famalam.

The cowl is the problem.

Well, not so much the cowl as Charlie Cox's face. He has a very round, pudgy face with a pug nose and the cowl just accentuates that, especially with the nose cover. The S2 cowl is a little better, but it still looks pretty goofy. You can tell Cox has a hard time breathing through his nose with it on, too, since he always looks slack-jawed.

It looks fine in fanart and animated renderings.

Like this model from a mobile game.

Wait what the fuck is this? They're making a GL movie? And it looks like that?
What the fuck?

Because Charlie Cox looks nowhere near like what you posted.

They are retards

Drawings and renders seem to pull it off nicely.

Isn't a core tenet of tacticool looking like it got ripped right from a video game?

>They fucked up BIG TIME by having his nose be covered instead of having the mouth part of the mask come up to above his nose.

This user nailed it. Makes him look like an autistic mouth breather.

No you fucking idiot.

Tacticool is looking tactical (MILITARY YOU FUCKING IDIOT. LIKE SWAT. LIKE CALL OF DUTY) just to look cool.

>Isn't a core tenet of tacticool looking like it got ripped right from a video game?

>Tacticool

>core tenet
>ripped from a video game

>Tacticool

>Not literally being explained by the name itself

Isnt School in session?

your right guise, comparing tacticool to aggressively stylized video game designs prioritizing form over function, what was I thinking?

>looking like it got ripped right from a video game?

STOP READING COMICS, educate yourself and stay away from cartoons and comics you dumbass.

The design is from the TV show you fucking idiot.

And thats not tacticool, thats just a practical design.

Holy shit you're stupid.

I went to Dick, you fucking little dog, do people say that I am? My name is, I was in the US military training. My name is I graduated first in my class at the SEALs know, and al-Qaeda involved in many secret raids, approved more than 300 gorillas war. You are nothing to me is just one more meters. Remember Putos, had never seen anything like this on the planet, it would be pure nonsense. You go online and my things are no longer alive, you idiot. My secret spy is followed by red Lady IP contact ESTA, our best now in order to provide a service to the storm worm in the United States at this time. Storm little things to make my life miserable delete the call. You are a man a boy. At this moment, I can not at any time, they can kill 7 000 side, only his bare hands.Although the fight did not worn around unarmed, I'm riding a help to the US Navy, everyone is completely fooled pure show, in Africa in order to apologize for the clip of dog feces, it has been canceled not. When you want to fuck you can her language, to become what we know, in the suspicion to his having a small "smart" comment, it fell. But he, what is now. Price you can pay for fucking idiot. I'll give you the top # Angry game because they will drown. You are a man a boy.

They can't just not cover his nose though, because Cox has a super recognizable nose. If they'd not covered you could immediately recognize when it was his stunt double instead and nobody would believe people didn't recognize him immediately as DD.

they should just say fuck it to the nose covering and embrace it

in fact it'd make it even more of a inside joke.

> daredevil and murdock are never in the same place at same time
so what?
> they both are in hell's kitchen, he's totally the alter ego
coincidence
> LOOK daredevil and murdock have the same nose!
no you casualfag murdock is blind there is no way he's daredevil

also the costume needs to either ditch the black stuff on the chest or add the DD logo. simplify it or make it stand out, it's in this weird in-between generic/not generic mode

I still think Vic looks weird.

Affleck's Daredevil suit was perfect, but they tried too hard to distance themselves from that movie, and the result is the MCU suit.