Pearl did not rape Garnet...

Pearl did not rape Garnet, because she never did anything to Garnet without consent or made Garnet do anything without consent.
>hurr durr wikipedia.org/rape_by_deception
That doesn't apply here. There are NO CONVICTED CASES of rape by deception where the REASON for having sex was the lie, only the IDENTITY of the culprit.
Garnet consented to have space rock sex with Pearl. I agree that this was a really bad thing Pearl did, but it wasn't rape.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_by_deception
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah she didn't rape no one, but she's a terrible person nonetheless. Fusion=sex thing aside, she keep fabricating the "threat" for her own pleasure like a fucked up version of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

Agreed. She consnted to fusion, and it wasnt like it was forced or anything.

I agree. Look at what she's wearing!

SHE WAS ASKING FOR IT!

I didn't know this was an actual thing people debated
Even if Fusion = sex (it doesn't) the events that happen are not something that would be seen as rape.
Scummy? Absolutely, it's pick up artist exploitative levels, but it's not rape

>fusion is sex
When will this meme end?

Can you think of any OTHER way for two people to get physically close together? Because the land of 12-18 year olds can't.

>Fusion = sex (it doesn't)

>Amythest_literally_diving_into_garnet's_crotch.jpg
>Garnet_kabedon_pearl_who_blushes.png
>Pearl_covering_steven's_eyes_when_amythest_and_garnet_fuse.webm
>two_space_midget_lesbians_fuse_by kissing_each_others_chest.wtf

They fused because one deceived the other. How many men have gotten laid by saying they were an astronaut or whatever? Does that mean the sex was rape because the context was a little different? You can't deny consent after-the-fact...

>kabedon

THATS THE WORD thank you I've been trying to remember it for months

Fusion is any kind of relationship because it, if we would translate it to the real world, is mindmelting of two persons.

Also Fusion seems to have an addictive aspect but we can't or won't dive into that because that would make them look back and this will never happen one a large/obvious scale

Probably when they stop being so gay for each other.

So, literally never.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_by_deception

I'm pretty sure if I was a girl and I was tricked into sex I'd be pretty furious

True, I wouldn't consider Steven and Amethyst being a sexual kind of bond. Fusion seems more like "THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP" type shit you'd expect from anime like Yugioh or something.

Fusion is not sex no matter how "deep" you think SU is, tumblr :^)

She did 'rape' her in the sense that she got her to do sex under false pretenses. We usually don't associate the word rape with it, but most cases of Date Rape or such are categorized under that.

It's too late user, the show runners already took the cartoon fanon and made it canon.

Tell that to Sugar and the SUcrew Plebbit x)
>I-i-it was bad for us! We shouldn't have had fusion sex and been a relationship Jasper
>No Lapis I am the rapist

There's a good question, if a man says to a woman that she can get a bag of potato chips if she lets him fuck her bareback and after an hour of hot sex the man says that he never had a bag of potato chips and will not buy her chips, then did she get raped?

In this case, I think it would be valid ask the woman what was she thinking.

If I met a woman and she smeared peanut butter on her tits and told me that if I lick fast enough, jelly would come out of her tits and if I fuck her with my dick, she would shit out bread so I could have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and I fuck this woman under the impression that I would be able to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, is it rape or am I retarded? I hope you would say that I'm a retard for believing her.

Point is, besides lying about being potent or not or about what STDs you might have, there aren't too many situations where you can be "tricked" into fucking.

So basically this?

I think you're missing the point

Your situations are likely never going to happen. Being tricked into sex, realistically, would be a homeless girl being payed to have sex with a trucker but once he's done he leaves without paying

Or a woman being tricked by her husband's twin brother into having sex with him because he looks exactly like her husband.

That'd all I can think of, but that's Rape by Deception.

There's more type of rape than you think. It isnt just a girl walking down an alley. There are many situations. Similar to murder. You can go to jail for influencing murder, not just doing it

Example: if your cyberbullying makes a kid kill themselves, you will get charged for murder even if you didnt pull the trigger or push them off a bridge

Most people would be. It's a scummy slimy thing to do. But the debate is about whether it was rape or not.

I mean, is forcing someone to have sex with you at gunpoint considered rape even though they're giving consent to you?

>is forcing someone to have sex with you at gunpoint considered rape even though they're giving consent to you?
So if I pointed a gun at you and told you to give me all your money, I didn't rob you because you willingly gave me your money

They had a whole episode showing us how
There are dozens of ways physical affection can lead to a closer bond then sex

It's just sex is the "hardest" one to obtain so we see it as some ultimate prize when really it's just another slice of life.

>are likely never going to happen
So you're saying that a person wouldn't be so hungry that they are willing to fuck to even get a bag of chips? I know I was trying to inject humor in a dark topic but come on.

That's robbing, doing so without consent is stealing.

I always saw it like this

SpOck didn't try to rape MJ then. Finally, something good comes out of these shitty generals

so your logic is
>gun + sex = not rape

That's not a good example my mentally damaged friend
A better is if I sell you Volcano insurance under the imprison that a volcano would be hitting the town soon. You discover later that I was lying and manipulating information to make it look like you needed to waste money on it.

That's not robbery
That's a scam at most
Tricking some one into sex isn't rape
It's very scumming and sleazy but it was not forced on the person.

That's not what I'm implying at all.

I'm just providing examples for a discussion about semantics.

>kabedon
I don't speak moonrune.

Fusion's a metaphor for relationships, not sex, otherwise I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be having their underage protagonist doing it, particularly not with his aunt/older sister figure.

People like to scream "RAPE" over Malachite, but it wasn't. Jasper was emotionally manipulative but Lapis chose to fuse with her so she could trap her. Malachite's not supposed to represent rape, she represents a toxic relationship where people get together for the wrong reasons and then proceed to turn the relationship into a painful, exhausting power struggle that brings out the worst in both of them.

>Pearl did not rape Garnet

wait wait....are people...seriously saying this?

what did you expect from a show made to entertain tumblr and SJW.

Under English law this doesn't count as rape. That's why you can tell women you're amazing at sex and when they find find out just how bad you are it's not rape because they consented to the sex (which is the only thing the law requires them to consent to).

>Being tricked into sex, realistically, would be a homeless girl being payed to have sex with a trucker but once he's done he leaves without paying

Under the law this isn't rape because she consented to have sex with you. At worst it's failing to pay a bill.

>Or a woman being tricked by her husband's twin brother into having sex with him because he looks exactly like her husband.

This is rape because the wife is not consenting to have sex with you, she's consenting to have sex with her husband (someone else).

>Example: if your cyberbullying makes a kid kill themselves, you will get charged for murder even if you didnt pull the trigger or push them off a bridge

No you can't because you didn't intend for them to die (crimes require a specific action and an intention). At worst it would be manslaughter but the prosecutor would need to prove that you were the main cause of this suicide.

Robbing = theft + violence

If there's consent then it's not theft, so no crime has been committed.

Saying it's rape is a meme, OP.

Anyone who passionately believes it is trolling.

I guess I better go have seat over there, huh Chris?

>the american definition of rape is universal
'murrica

>noone has ever been convicted for X, so X is not a crime
Fun fact: Germany has a law against "Causing an explosion via nuclear energy", but there are no convicted cases.

well, who has sex to complete specific objectives
I guess if a woman was trying to have a baby and agreed to bang any random dude but then it turned out he was sterile
but I think this is where the metaphor falls apart

more to the point, garnet has done the same thing a bunch of times.
theyre horrible hypocrites and that's why the show continues to be okay to watch

clever, but you skipped the part that really shouldn't have needed to be said out loud: that people commit and are aware of this act on a daily basis

Itd be like getting a girl to sleep with you under the assumed pretense that you were an author who wrote her favorite book. You still deceived her and was scummy but it's not the same as rape

this, it was a skeevy thing to do, but saying it was rape is just a joke to make fun of pearlfags or whatever. Same as calling Lapis a rapist.

When the Crewniverse says otherwise

garnet basically had sex with pearl under false pretenses

how do you even have sex under false pretenses

You promise something in return and don't deliver.

She has someone new to rape, move on already

Wasn't rape, was a huge deception.
Its one thing to lie about who you are to get laid with some broad for a night. Lying like that to your long-time good friend about something important to them is fucked.

>would be a homeless girl being payed to have sex with a trucker but once he's done he leaves without paying

Not rape. Prostitution is also not legal, so it's not even stealing. It's just kind of a depressing situation.

>Hey baby, I'm totally Tony and not my twin brother, Thony
>Oh, Tony...!
>HA I'M ACTUALLY THONY AND NOW I CAME INSIDE YOU
>Oh, dang!

people are really missing the point:
that pearl messed up and was a horrible person in that episode

samefag

This

Gems aren't human, and their emotional states can be extremely alien to our perspective

Fusion is analogous to a bunch of our shit in some cases, and also has aspects that just don't apply to us

Yes, that is rape, because consent under duress is not legally considered consent.

when fusion stops being sex

Of course she was, Pearl is always begging for it

what kind of Cred Forumsmrade are you?

that's not duress though.

>it's not legally rape so it's not rape

Look at this little baby who needs the law to spell out what's a horrible thing and what isn't.

There is a picture of that chick who had sex for a double cheese burger.

But he also did it with his Hindi friend.

>aint no rule that says i cant
some people are lacking in human decency, have they spent so long on Cred Forums that they turned into jackasses IRL?

Fuck off. Sex under false pretenses is rape.

Only example I can think of thats kinda like this was in the past when a woman's virginity was saved for her husband and sometimes men would propose so they could get laid and then skip town.

If a woman tells me she needs to have sex with me right now or else aliens will destroy the Earth, and I believe it, and I find out afterward she was lying, does that mean I didn't consent to sex, or does it just mean I'm retarded?

>saying hurr durr makes logic invalid
god damnit user

If you have consensual sex with someone and then regret it the next day IT IS RAPE!!! God, do you even Tumblr?

fucking MRAs

>this stupid theory is true because they've never said it wasn't
goodbye, tripfriend