So we all agree that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is fucked, right?

So we all agree that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is fucked, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We don't even all agree that Hellboy is good. How the fuck do you expect us to agree on anything?

don't you fucking try and deflect here

get back in the other thread you little bitch

It's been fucked and its existence has bled over and helped fucked the comics side as well.

>We don't even all agree that Hellboy is good.

Which prick thinks that?

What? Who the hell doesn't think Hellboy is good?

>D-don't say anything bad about my MCU!
>RRREEEEEEEE!

I think we can all agree that no matter how much media they release about the future of the series, they have no idea whats happening. Like they might promote the Inhumans or the get the X-Men back or maybe the superhero bubble will burst and the movies will stop making money. They know as much as we do. I Wouldn't say its fucked but more past its prime. I would laugh really hard if the movies started bombing and we never even get to Infinity War. Like they have announced so many movies. I just want them to stop treating my beloved muties like shit.

Hellboy is fucking Gay.

Reminds me of Iron Man 1, just because there aren't any particularly shit scenes people act like they're great.

They're boring and nothing particularly interesting or spectacular happens in either. Pointless movies tbqh.

(well obviously they have a point in establishing the character but nothing much actually happens)

I honestly didn't like what they did with that movie. Ron Perlman was my least favorite part but I liked Abe.

>Hellboy is fucking Gay.
I agree with your point, but when I see your post I can't help but see it as a tirade about how HellBoy isnt a straight character.

No Panther sounds amazing.
Doctor Strange looks amazing.

My only concerns are...
> Mads being wasted.
> Thanos not being horrifically menacing like he & Ultron should have been.
> Vision & Thor not having a Mos scale battle with Thanos.
> Wanda & Vision being wasted in Infinity War.
> Any of the upcoming Netflix series being too Social Justicey.
> Chloe Bennet never getting naked.
> Hayley Atwell never getting naked.

>No Panther sounds amazing.
>Doctor Strange looks amazing.
I DISAGREE

>Doctor Strange looks amazing.
rips off Inception

*Escher

Oh and...
> Thor 3 being too comedic.
> Valkyrie not having the boob plates or the pony tails.

both

Wow you couldnt keep it in one thread could you?

Nah.

Bump

Too social justicey?
How you gonna have a series like luke cage without it having a bit of social commentary.

Nigga I bet you hate the wire too

Not him but I agree with you about Luke Cage. But The Wire is boring. Couldn't get past the first episode. And I really wanted to give it a shot. I guess I simply don't care for the reality of inner-city black crime. Perhaps if it was motivated by something other than drugs or street cred.

>I'm so important I need TWO containment threads!

No, not really.

JEWS DID 9/11

Social Commentary is fine as long as they don't try and claim Cops should lay down & die instead of defending themselves.

>2008: $848,601,773
>2010: $623,933,331
>2011: $819,896,392
>2012: $1,519,557,910
>2013: $1,860,042,510
>2014: $1,487,733,902
>2015: $1,924,859,031
>2016: $1,152,760,241 (so far)

Totally fucked.

based 2009

I think it's fine, I really hate what they're doing with Thanos though.

>Ron Perlman was my least favorite part

>Chloe Bennet never getting naked.

She already has in a few episodes.

They didn't do anything with him yet though.

Not talking about in AOS, actually fully naked elsehwhere.

Why would you want that, user?

That's what I'm talking about.

>ywn be sandwiched between Bennet Booty and Atwell Titties
Why live?

How is it fucked? It is better than DC and hell it is even better than the current state of the comics too. Dr. Strange looks like he will be more powerful in his first adventure on the silver screen than he is with years of experience in the comics.

Hell, the MCU is actually making sure that white people stay in their movies and even replaced a few other minorities with white people.

They should though. Cop lives are expendable. They literally sign up to die. Their lives are forfeit. Worth less than criminals.

Cred Forums literally on suicide watch

dumb frogposter

Except the MCU has saved some of the characters from the comics divisions raping them.

Yes.

I've lost all faith in it. I used to love it too. But now I just don't give a fuck. Marvel's quest to cater to the lowest common denominator, for shits and giggles, has reduced the quality of everything they touch. Cater to the casual fan long enough and you'll lose the advanced fan who's interest and investment made it good enough to get noticed by the casual fans in the first place. And the casuals are normies who only think in terms of trends and fads, they don't commit. They follow the story up until everyone else does, they get bored easily and jump onto the next thing people are paying more attention too.

Which is what's happening now. Advanced fans are alienated and casuals are saying "wow, TWO super hero movies in a year! That's too much of the same thing! My low attention span can't handle that!"

Not to mention how this cinematic universe is going off in different directions. If they aren't going to tie in the TV shows, the Netflix shows and the Movies, what's the fucking point? That's the point they sold us on and they're not delivering at all. Everyone wants to do their own little thing and now they are tripping all over themselves.

They've become the clusterfuck they set out to avoid becoming.

Yeah he's been severely underwheleming and anti-climatic so far.

Hey Zack.
How are thing?

I think Feige has done something no one in the industry dared believe possible.

If you went back 20 years and told people there would be an MCU their minds would be fucking blown. People forget how shit cape movies used to be.

Marvel's movies have a degree of nuance (especially Russos) that was unheard of in the 80s and 90s.

Marvel make movies within commercial parameters, and make them to a remarkably solid standard. They do need to find a balance between director's creativity and respecting the source material.

Also how come you can't criticize the MCU without Cred Forums magically assuming you're only doing so because you like DC better and are being paid by them to make these posts?

I've had enough of that shit.

>If you went back 20 years and told people there would be an MCU their minds would be fucking blown. People forget how shit cape movies used to be.
>Marvel's movies have a degree of nuance (especially Russos) that was unheard of in the 80s and 90s.
fucking bait
Batman 89 says hello.
Superman Says hello
Superman II says hello.
X-Men was 16 years ago. That says hello.

etc

MCU is pretty good. The comics are getting fucked, but the movies have been pretty consistently enjoyable so far.

>People forget how shit cape movies used to be.

But that's what I'm saying in that post. People forgot what it was like watching a bunch of unrelated movies that you know are in the same universe but they can't use this character or that character because of the rights or some other issue. No one had a bigger picture in mind.

Now they have no excuse, but they're not living up to that. They're still switching characters (fucking Pym not making Ultron for instance) and not adapting things as good as they can, which would make the overall product way better.

>They do need to find a balance between director's creativity and respecting the source material.

And the writers too. They seem like they're hiring writers who have never read a comic in their lives. Who write the same way they would for another genre of movie, where the villain is just some plot device to get through. That doesn't work in the super hero genre, the villains are as much of characters as the heroes. You don't just make them jokes and then kill them off. You run out of ideas and villains to use pretty quick that way. Or they don't take the hero seriously because "LOLOLOL comics are for nerdy manchilds XD"

I don't why this clicked with Loki for them but not everyone else. I guess it's because they knew they'd have to use Loki for Avengers.

>People forget how shit cape movies used to be.
You're generalizing the genre pretty hard there. Not all cape movies were shit. The genre just had untapped potential that Marvel (Disney) managed to monopolize. Before the MCU, Cape movies were just sporadic occurrences that were self contained. Sometimes they were hits, sometimes not.

ITT: we hate things other people like

>we can all agree that x right?

What's the proper form of criticism here? In what way am I allowed to not like something that will please you Cred Forums?

You start by starting your thread with arguments instead of imposing your position on others.

>image.gif

Fair enough, but I didn't make this thread. I'm just responding to it with arguments, so how come those arguments go ignored?

Now we're going to argue about arguing aren't we?

That doesn't refute what he says, pal.

Oh yes it does.

lol no

Civil War was fantastic. Russos are saving it from the Whedons of the MCU.

The character Mad's character is playing does have an interesting motive, though.

It would be cool if Mads's character Kaecilius (Mads) being seduced by Dormammu then using the Darkhold...loses Dormammu's protection and gets owned by Chthon who then has him teach Wanda magics.

But he'll probably just blandly die after a trippy battle with Strange.

Because if you criticize the DCEU, then you'll be called the exact opposite.

How?

I am really hoping Infinity War focuses on Vision, Wanda, Thor, Strange, the Guardians, and does not focus too much on Tony and Steve.

SPiderman's dialogue in that scene was TERRIBLE

>star wars is so OLD man
>im a nerd and forgot the name of the empire strikes back

These movies are for ultra norrmies.

empire strikes back was in the 80s

Underage as fuck fag spotted.

For every Batman 89, there were 10 more The Phantoms. And Batman 89 has a ton of issues. Superman 2 is terrible.

Oldfag here, you faggots have no idea how good it is right now for capeshit.

Looking back, webm related is probably the only genuinely good comic book movie before Raimi's Spider-man and it obviously differed a ton from the source material.

>muh secret nerd club
>muh Cred Forums spam
>b-bvs is d-deep

I'm only going to admit it anonymously but them fucking up Spider-Man is the reason I'm dropping the whole MCU. Especially when that's my dream job and I wanted it so badly for myself but I've been out of the acting game for years and didn't know where to start. By the time I started getting things together to try and pitch myself them to them, they already casted.

I would of took one look at that script and said "fuck this, this isn't Peter."

I feel responsible. I should of tried way harder. I was just working as a janitor at the time and it seemed so out of reach, but I should of tried harder to save Peter...

I believe in a multiverse though. Out there somewhere is a portion of me that's rocking the role and writing comics for Marvel on the side too and making everyone happy and proud again.

Peter doesn't like Star Wars, even in the comics.

i dont actually get this line.

>fucking up Spider-Man
How did they fuck up Peter?

Jesus, at least wait until we see what hes like in his solo film.

Did you never play sports, fatty? Kids would be given orange slices to boost up their vitamin c for sports.

I didn't want to sound malicious, user. I was just joking. I'm sure you're as fit as a fiddle.

Empire Strikes back was over 30 years ago.

The joke is that he's a kid and doesn't get how much older people like those movies.

Just because he's a nerd doesn't mean he's going to be nerdy about the same things you're nerdy about.

>Oldfag here, you faggots have no idea how good it is right now for capeshit.

My whole argument is that it's slipping back into the bad though. What do you think of that? That's from my assessment from being born in the 80s and growing up in the 90s/00s.

So I see your point for sure and I think although the quality has gone up in some areas, they're making some big mistakes in others that drags their own progress down.

people are complaining that a kid doesnt know all the jargon?

not knowing what a walker is called is pretty acceptable, and he got the tow cable trip maneuver right, so he definitely watched it, whats the problem here?

By making him a kid again. He needs to grow up finally. Kid Peter really makes no sense. College/aged young adult Peter is when he's the best.

Not that guy, but I played lots of soccer and football as a kid.
Never heard of the orange slice thing.

>not knowing what a walker is called is pretty acceptable
Notfor even a casual nerd it's not.

AT-AT

thanks for the scoop lad
less like a fiddle

more like a
viola i guess.
I was referring to the orange slices thing

I really don't think it is. This year has undoubtably seen a lot of bad movies, and I'd honestly say Civil War is the only one thats been good.

The DCEU is a total bust. Thats a fact. But its because of Snyder and the boardroom execs that are dumb enough to keep letting him be the architect of all these movies then wanting to change shit once they realize how bad it is afterwards.

I think they're realizing that, especially with how they're all underperforming and the brand is basically poison at this point. I'm hoping that post JL will be a completely clean break and they either reboot and have a drastic change in quality and tone.

The MCU meanwhile, for its examples of mediocrity, has a lot of great things about it and no other company making comic adaptations is anywhere near it. I genuinely thought short of Winter Soldier, CW was the best MCU movie yet and Dr. Strange looks great too. I'm weary about Captain Marvel, but I'm very optimistic about Spider-man, Black Panther and strongly look forward to the Russos picking up the Avengers series now that Whedon is gone.

tl;dr, things are definitely not getting worse

This. So much this. I think especially teens here take it all for granted, not realizing that Donner's Superman and Burton's Batman were pretty much the only good adaptations. Pretty much every cape movie was shit, and not by accident; they were made on the cheap, and made by hacks.

Most cape films either were campy jokes, or were totally unfaithful to the source to make them more "mainstream". They frequently had zero ambition or nuance.

Batman & Robin isn't just a bad movie, it tells us alot about how Hollywood saw cape movies in that era.

MCU is actually more faithful than the comics, where Bendis and co have fucked so much up and bastardized the material.

On the one hand, yes, Marvel's movies are somewhat conservative, on the other hand they don't ruin characters with retarded "shock" events a la Bendis.

they are called imperial walkers in the movie, so if his only reference was the movie, then it would stand to reason that would be the only name he would have for them

you could say that he isnt a nerd for not looking it up online, but in between dumpster diving for parts, synthesizing webbing, school, and making webshooters out of garbage, i would say he is justified in not googling imperial walker

>Thats a fact.
nope

>Russos saving capeshit one step at a time.

THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS

The thing is, Marvel Studios committed to a long-term plan and built up their universe.

Warners will shit the bed if a film gets even slight negativity (see Suicide Squad being mauled by execs), and you can't build a movie universe with flakiness.

It genuinely is.

Feel free to spam meme images about how deep it is though.

Personally I'm getting bored of the MCU. We are about 10 years in and still seeing origin stories, the safe, stakeless and quippy movies all feel one and the same and honestly if you had told me TFA was part of the MCU I wouldn't be surprised. There are some enjoyable flicks in there but I truly think it will age like milk.

For what it's worth my favourite two movies are Cap 1 and GotG, my least favourite is Cap 2.

I'm honestly still surprised the senator didn't notice the piss in front of her. Piss stinks.

JARATE!
lex master plan was to strip superman of his dignity with that very jar!

>least favorite is the critically acclaimed, well loved one
well, that certainly is a different opinion

>well, that certainly is a different opinion
My biggest hate in movies is face swapping technology, where anyone could be anyone. It's such a copout and removes any tension.

For example we had a scene where all of the execs were held hostage and then suddenly one of them peels off a mask and it's black widow, to me that is bullshit and destroys a film. Winter Soldier had a number of things like this, for example Bucky's return. Last we saw of Bucky he got throne off an ice cliff and was killed 70 years ago. To have him return undermined the movie in my opinion.

Finally we had black wings (don't know the character). He got thrown off a building and then suddenly had wings and flew back up, as someone who had no comic knowledge prior to watching that, that was absolute bullshit.

So yeah, bullshit just kept popping up to save the characters or drive the story and I completely disconnected. The overarching plot of "I'm going to kill everyone in the world with flying laser guns" was clearly set to fail as the MCU struggles to deliver on high stakes.

Introducing Dr. Strange is gonna be a mistake. Because there's no reason that he shouldn't be running the show for MCU Superheroes.

But...he literally will be. The whole point of introducing these new heroes is to have a brand new set of Avengers for phase 4 so they can kick the old cast out. The new team will be almost certainly led by Strange with the "rival" being Carol or Panther. Then Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Vision if he lives and Spider-man.

After the Infinity Wars duet of movies concludes, yeah, probably. I don't really know where they can go from there in terms of stakes and pure epicness and emotional moments and beautiful shot opportunities.

>beautiful shot opportunities
kek

You're thinking of DC.

>Hellboy is fucking Gay.
Are you twelve?

The filmmakers on the Civil War blu-ray say that Wanda and Vision is a key relationship going forward (OK) but talk a little too much about how Wanda doesn't know the limits of how super-awesomely powerful she is (that sounds too Byrne/Bendis for my liking).

All in all I think Wanda and Vision have a shot at a good part in Infinity War but it could be complicated by a bunch of things including Marvel's obvious reluctance to promote Wanda (because of the Fox connection).

The last time a DC movie was better than a Marvel movie

Wow, you must actually live under a rock. I have some really exciting news for you.

I don't know if The Lego Movie counts 2bh

He does say Empire Strikes Back, though

you're purposely misrepresenting the problem. the actual death rate for cops isn't that high compared to some other professions. people say this shit even when there's clear evidence of Cops pretty much executing people. mental health professionals have to tackle down grown men every other day and they're not armed(not that mental health services aren't fucked up in other ways).

I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are fucked, but they do need to come up with a new gameplan. Tonally and stylistically, they are starting to feel very similar to one another. It no longer feels that it any individual vision behind it, it feels more like it was designed by committee. I understand that since they share the same universe that there has to be some consistency, but by being bound so much to that formula it will become souless and soon, people will grow tired of it.

I think Feige and the Russo's want to explore and promote Wanda, but the whole Fox thing may hinder that.
Having said that, the biggest opposition to Wanda likely came from

I hope we get Chaos Magic, but not the Bendis/Byrne reality warping. The Russo's have implied Wanda is on a "hero's journey". Vision is a god becoming human, Wanda is a human becoming a god.

Wanda is pretty much the only Avenger who can credibly counter the gauntlet.

I think she will resist her anguish and somehow kee Vision alive in the gauntlet, and Strange will trick Thanos into thinking Wanda is dead (as he did in the comics).

I feel like every time they introduce some element to subvert it. Like Civil War sort of shook up the status quo, at least in theory. Yet somehow it still feels like we're watching the same thing we were back in 2008 with Iron Man I.

Let me ask you, why do you think Strange is getting a solo movie at all? Along with BP and Marvel?

Woah, woah, woah. You're telling me that the guy who was wearing wings the entire fucking time, had built them up as part of his backstory, went to special effort in the plot to get them back, and whose entire superhero identity is based around having wings... suddenly popped his wings and flew away?

Holy shit man, I can't believe they would do something like that.

>Oh noes! Nobody is talking about the Doctor Strange movie.

Nobody was talking about Ant-Man either and it did just fine. Strange will make 600 mil at least.

>You're telling me that the guy who was wearing wings the entire fucking time
We hadn't seen him wear them when he went off the building
>had built them up as part of his backstory, went to special effort in the plot to get them back
It just said he was a special pilot. Nothing about strapping wings to his body.
>whose entire superhero identity is based around having wings
This assumes you read and knew who the character was before watching the movie.

omfg

>maybe the superhero bubble will burst and the movies will stop making money
Look at Suicide Squad earnings.
The bubble won't ever burst at this point.

MCU shill please leave.

Blade trilogy mother fucker.

I want to see every single property exhausted in the MCU.

I'm actually curious how far the MCU can go. I mean, they use up so many of the popular storylines and such that I'd rather they keep going and keep using up properties rather than start over just to do the same shit over. Like, what can they do after Thanos? How far can they take Spidey? Will they ever destroy the fucking Hand? No seriously! How long will the MCU Netflix shows milk the Hand?!

I thought The Phantom and The Shadow as good superhero movies.

The biggest superhero movie abortion from the '90s was definitely Steel starring Shaq.

You sound fucking pathetic. Grow the fuck. They would never get a fucking no name over an experienced actor. Stop being such a fucking child.

It sounds like you watched the movie but either weren't watching it in your native language or weren't paying attention because all of these things were explained in the context of the movie. It's not the movie's fault when pretty much anyone else watching the movie understood why these things happened.

>>im a nerd and forgot the name of the empire strikes back
I mostly didn't have a problem with Spider-Man at all but this line was so fucking stupid. For multiple reasons.

Just wait til Marvel vs. Star Wars!

You know, it's weird knowing that this Peter Parker is the one we're stuck with forever more.

I don't understand why a physicist who shrinks things should be building robots and not the robotics engineer.

I think it has to do with blood sugar, growing to a giant size probably burns a fuck load of calories

You guys think Marvel is blowing through stuff too fast? I mean, in the span of a few months, they announced Robbie Reyes on AoS, Squirrel Girl and New Warriors show, and Runaways. I thought they were gonna make films of those, but I guess they rather blow through stuff now. I'm just wondering what's gonna be left for Phase 4.

The 3rd one was pretty bad, loved the first two

>all nerds have to be down with the same things
okay senpai

>Stop having dreams.

You should like a cynical edgy teenager, how about that.

He won't be teen for long.

THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS

Mignola, for one

that actually sounds really fun

It's called "not giving it away" you idiot. Even then it was probably promoted a shit in trailers anyway

>Will they ever destroy the fucking Hand? No seriously! How long will the MCU Netflix shows milk the Hand?!

Defenders Season 1

I'll never ever get why people think the jar of piss is somehow bad or flaw.

*a flaw
just woke up

>pony tails
Valkyre not being white is more of a concern to me.

Yes.

I can't speak for everyone else, but my reasons for disliking it personally...

1. It didn't seem like something Lex should do, and seems more the kind of le random thing you'd see from the Joker. Plus you also have to consider Lex Luthor probably spent millions in bribes, blackmails, and called in favors to piss in a jar and get it put on her desk.

2. Though really for me, it was less the jar itself, and more her reaction to it's the sort of shit you'd see in a comedy movie. She just completely stutters and keeps tripping over her words while she's looking at the jar, and can't stop staring at it the entire time. FOllowed by...

>Judge looks at baliff
>Baliff looks at Superman
>Superman looks at cripple
>Cripple looks at baliff
>Baliff looks back at judge
>Judge looks at Superman
>Superman looks at baliff
>Baliff looks back at Superman
>Superman looks at cripple
>Boom

I was legitimately expecting it to just freeze-frame mid explosion, followed by a laugh track and the sound of a canned audience clapping in the background as it faded to black.

IIRC. they said the events of this movie start before/around the same time as Iron Man 1, and his training probably goes well into closer to modern Marvel time.

That said, knowing the kind of shit Dr Strange gets into in the comics, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the things that happened in the movies so far were beneath him to get involved in, barring Avengers 1 and 2, but again, he's probably still training during this time.

It's not fucked. It's just irreversibly changed how things operate, for better or for worse. I feel like I'm one of the few people who appreciates how they've managed to adapt mainstream audiences towards having an intuitive mindset for continuity and canon. Say what you will about Civil War, the fact that you can have Ant-Man randomly pop up in the second act to help in the final battle and have it make sense would have been unheard of a decade ago. It takes a lot of time and effort to acclimate audiences to that kind of guest appearance.

My main complaint is how heavily the movies have influenced the books. It created an environment that allowed for Bendis to have way too much editorial power and we're seeing how poorly that's turning out to be given how shit Civil War II and the pushing of the Inhumans is being handled. I understand that he's at the helm of a lot of projects because he has an eye for multimedia projects but he's a shit writer when he works on properties outside of his immediate interest.

>calls it The Empire Strikes Back
>HURR HE DOESN'T REMEMBER ITS NAME
What?

>
I was legitimately expecting it to just freeze-frame mid explosion, followed by a laugh track and the sound of a canned audience clapping in the background as it faded to black.
>*record scratch*
>Yeah, that's me. Superman. I bet you're wondering how I ended up in this situation...

let me see those receipts then
because so far, mcu ruins more characters than saves

>rips off Inception
Motherfucker it was used in ONE scene!

youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs

What do you think? You can't build a long lasting franchise on safe, boring choices.

Captain America is all about "freedom", but his movies are the opposed to that. They are safe. They are secure. There's little freedom in the franchise.

>t-t-t-totally not a rip off guise!

Exactly! Are people so impressed with that one moment in Inception?

It was extremely good imagery, yes.

The MCU has made normies and the general public care about Super Heroes again. It's effectively building brand awareness for characters who people maybe could have guessed were a comic book character beforehand.

The DCEU is trying to superficially emulate this and by and large is failing. It hasn't made any new DC fans, it hasn't converted normies or casuals, and only two movies in is shoehorning Batman in and wasting phase spanning story arcs to ham-fist it's own Avengers movie as fast as possible with all the solo movies pretty much following afterwards.

>It hasn't made any new DC fans

>what is Hrley Quinn comic sales skyrocketing

EAT
MY
TAINT

Are those the kind of fans you really want? And are they DC fans or fans of the character?

It's just Bat Syndrom all over again.

>Are those the kind of fans you really want?

I want anything that gives the comics more money.
Nobody cares about the pleb titles, but high sellers keep the company in a better financial situation, leading to more good under the radar comics, or more money to throw at Grant's feet.

Yeah that's worked great for Marvel and Guardians of the Galaxy. Keep dreaming kid.

The Wire is trash and Marvel Nexflix's obsession with it is fucking childish

wut

DC and Marvel are different companies.
That's a false equivalence my nigger.

Suicide Squad was better than Civil War

Or maybe they're just going to start having five ongoing Harley books to capitalize on these sales rather than invest in under the radar titles that don't pull in that buck.

Did Marvel invest the money they earned with high GOTG floppy sales to bolster new and daring ongoings, no they just made umpteen hundred GOTG spin-off books. It's the same reason you have 15 Batbooks over at DC. They're not building a better comic book format, they're chasing that dollar the same way the DCEU isn't chasing that Avengers dollar.

They're both comic book companies following the same methodologies, if a book does well, they don't use that success to float other unproven brands, they just make more books about that one thing that sells.

unironically this

>Marvel's movies have a degree of nuance

This is bait.

>what is DiDio life support

DC is NOT Marvel, for the last fucking time.

Their business practices are different.

See, that's how super powered people should be fighting.
Not like this.

If that was true there wouldn't be 15 bat books.

both look terrible.

keep crying kiddo

tbr

They are not even comparable. Marvel didn't even fucking TRY.

the problem here is that you're caring about the comics of either the big two as the Industry atrophies.

Of course you can, because first of all the choices aren't safe and they aren't boring. The problem is people like you spout these buzzwords without any real concept or context for their appropriate usage. You seem to mistake the aggregate product of numerous creative minds as being "safe" where as you seem to consider a single visionary's effort hampered by producers to be bold and daring. In the end nothing Marvel does will be right by you.

It's why you hide behind vague generalizations and ambiguous claims that you can just drop off in threads without substantiating with any substance or evidence.

Is this webm a joke?

One is clumsly bad coreography and the other is laughable CGI with havok engine physics.

>13 cuts in 6 seconds

nope

>Ron Perlman was my least favorite part

underage confirmed

>In the end nothing Marvel does will be right by you.
Nice strawman, faggot. You can't beat my argument, so you create another new one to fit your stupid narrative.

But this is something that can also fit your narrative: Marvel is not bold. Marvel is not daring. It never was. It will never be until the very last movie, where they would still be asking why the public didn't laugh after telling the same joke for the 20th time.

Are you upset friend?

You seem to be triggered.

>laughable CGI
I'm going to repost every Marvel action sequence in 3 years.

Civil War looks dated NOW. It's even more pathetic than that.

Man, you guys ruined Chris Evans for me. I tried to watch Snowpiercer the other and I couldn't stop thinking about this meme.

And what evidence do you have to substantiate any of these claims as anything other than your own ignorant and overgeneralizing opinion?

Let me guess you're going to respond to this with some vague generalized "It's so fucking obvious Marvel is blah blah blah."

You're just repeating memes that you've seen other people get away with using so many times that you don't even bother to put any concrete thought behind your own words.

>where they would still be asking why the public didn't laugh after telling the same joke for the 20th time.
This, desu.
They whole "universe" is just a gimmick and nothing more than that. It won't stand the test of time. It will have no impact in a few years from now on.

> You activated my autism trap card.

You're almost as autistic as that guy who used to spam scans from Hickman's FF.

>no argument
>uh I better call him autistic

sasuga nigger

I remember hearing people say just this a few years ago.

You've been crying gimmick and bubble bursting since 2012 while simultaneously trying to paint DC's transparent cashgrab for Avengers box office bucks as some vanguard of sophisticated movie making.

>using "memes" unironically
Don't even talk to me, or anyone at that level. Because it's pathetic and it shows a strong lack of self respect, and I'm serious on this.
The video that you didn't even bothered to watch explained perfectly why Marvel is formulaic, uninspired and bland.

And guess what: it all it's going to be. They don't need to be more than that. Because there would be numbminded people defending it, always.

And what argument would you have me levy at a blanket threat?

Get the fuck out.

>bringing DC
Nice strawman you're bringing there. Admit it: you're doing this on purpose. Because no one can be that dumb.

What a surprise, another non-argument post that makes broad overgeneralizing statements with no evidence or supporting points, using accusations of the other's person's "substanceless" to hide your own feeble goal post moving, ad hominem and deflection.

Did I, or did I not call it?

Epic troll meme, Cred Forumsro

Another deflection post that avoids addressing any specific points or issue brought up by the other party? Who could have guessed it.

You just told nothing about what I just said. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a copypaste.

>deflection
Nah, bro. Just pointing your obvious strawman as a weak attemp at trolling. The pic you just posted pretty much confirms it. I bet you're having fun. But your idea of fun is kinda sad, and even your parents would agree with me in that

ad hominem.

You're the one making increasingly reductive responses to avoid backing up any of your nebulous claims. Not I.

You call Marvel "Safe?" Oh, you mean like using your two biggest properties in the first two movies of your shared cinematic universe? Ham-fisting Batman into what was supposed to be MOS sequel isn't safe? Or am I to assume that recklessly half-assing the death of Superman story and Doomsday into is what all cape films should aspire to. Hell maybe Marvel should have made Civil War the third act of the first Captain America movie.

But you didn't, you just keep avoiding directly addressing any specific points I bring up using name calling and ad hominem as the sole means of rationalizing your ever weakening stance in this thread.

You were so indignant and defiant at first, but after backing you into a corner you're just trying to grab whatever excuse you can to bail out of this discussion while trying to save face on an anonymous image board of all places.

The MCU is making fans, the DCEU is just chasing trends while aping meaningful moviemaking by trying to copy the aesthetic of Nolan.

People used to bash the MCU as being nothing more than just mindless popcorn flicks that were only good for making money, yet here we are with the DCEU being just that. Oh, but it's okay when its DC because using heavy handed symbolism and dark filters means the DCEU films are more daring and sophisticated.

Marvel died after The Avengers.

Joss poisoned the well.

>capitalized gay
It's clear you very much often default to replying with "Gay." when socializing with your friends via Facebook and they have solicited your opinion on something.

Phonefags are fucking cancer.

Tell that to all movie going fans who continue to go see Marvel movies with increasing frequency. Tell that to a brand that has made Gaurdians of the Galaxy, Antman and Black Panther house hold names.

Marvel's phase 2 certainly had more trip ups than it should have, but with the elimination of much of the creative control that was holding back Fiege we're already seeing promising returns for phase 3. Oh I'm sure there will be fuck ups and mistakes down the road, but I do believe we're going to start seeing a more steady track record in the quality of what is being put out.

So it's popular and the contrarians ITT decided to despise it so much they'd build "tribute threads" to show how much they hate the popular thing?

Too lazy to make threads about what actually you like, because shitposting is guaranteed bumps?

saging is p rude my dood

What PS2 game is this from?

I can't believe how triggered people got with the Empire Strikes Back line. It's like usually that sort of thing is "oh those stupid producers, trying so hard to be trendy and appeal to nerdy comic readers" but here it's "How dare you not be trendy enough you fucking assholes. Appeal to me more"

The Shadow is fantastic. Baldwin is a little campy, but Tim Curry is phenomenal.

The Rocketeer is another pretty good early super movie. Timothy Dalton is a top-tier villain.

Kind of makes me wish for some kind of pulp cinematic universe, with Shadow, Rocketeer and maybe Indy all crossing over on film.