So why was this emotional scarred mutant child the straw that broke the camel's back for Wolverine and not the prior...

So why was this emotional scarred mutant child the straw that broke the camel's back for Wolverine and not the prior dozens or so?

Because Aaron's a hack and a shit writer.

Because those weren't during events.

Because for the time being this were the last mutants on earth. The last hope of all mutant kind

Because Wolverine really, really didn't want to teach classes. Cyclops was always on him about skipping out on looking after the kids and Wolverine was running out of excuses. Logan was supposed to be there but skipped out again, and he knew he couldn't weasel out of it this time. So, he made a big moral issue, walked out, started his own school, then quickly pawned off all the duties on other people, so he could just drink and snikt again.

BTFO by Hope.

They've fallen so hard.

Because the plot required Wolverine (among others) to suddenly be an enormous hypocrite and an asshole, in one of several desperate attempts to make Cyclops look like the bad guy.

Aaron sort of tried to show that Logan was in a very bad place after killing his sons in his solo and ramping up the drama in the first two issues of Schism. Also Idie's character was sort of well-written.
It wasn't completely stupid that Logan came up with a plan that didn't involve the kids fighting at the cost of evacuating Utopia, what was out of character was the whole new JGS deal that followed

One thing I thought odd about Scott during Schism is how hard he was on Rogue for letting Hope, a veteran by that point, fight during Second Coming, while coming around to letting the others form a combat team when they were all (except Hope) extreme rookies.

Not only that, but he had the whole UXF thing going on at the same time.

He was really trying to shoulder the whole thing.

Farewell, sweet princess.
>tfw no Hope-led X-Force
I was so prepared for the X-trrme amounts of RIGHT.

What did cyclops do that made him Hitler?

Red Skull took Xavier's brain, so Scott took Hitler's brain to get back at him.

We don't know yet.

We don't even know if it was Cyke that did it.

So, my big question is, how did Skull survive getting a gigantic rock dropped on his head?

Whatever happened with Hope and those mutants?

>Hope
Last time we saw her, she had just fired Cable from eggsfours.

Idie was at the JGS, and uh...the other 4 lights are somewhere?

No that was the bus kids. If he didn't play this card during NXM it's really too late to be playing it at all now

Oh hey, Dust still exists.

Remember the few years where they were on the same page about everything? The general and his good right hand.

Because this one was taught to believe she was a monster by the fucked up villagers who tried to burn her as a witch. And she internalized that judgement.
(FYI: that was also the Scarlett Witch's origin, and look how fucked up she is)
Jubilee was an orphan/runaway mallrat who was ridiculously optimistic.
Kitty Pryde was a Midwestern suburban All-American girl who's biggest problem in life was occasionally having to stand up to a loudmouth anti-Semite.
Hisako (Armor) was only worried about making X-Man before her friends started dying.

Someone might mention Laura, but she's basically him, with his Weapon X history and mentality, her childhood's over.
But Idie had a chance! She still had time to have a childhood and grow up without too many emotional scars.
Wasn't that what the X-Men were formed for? Weren't they meant to fight to give kids like her that life?

>tfw Messiah CompleX through Schism was god-tier X-shit

I miss that. Was cash.

I even liked everything up to AvX and some of the tie-ins.

WatXM was a lot of fun early on, and then right after AvX, Aaron phoned it in so hard, I thought he had left the book.

Wood's X-Men was ok, still never finished.

Bendis's ANXM was hot shite (but admittedly his UXM was ok-good in most parts).

Cable & X-Force was actually quite good, but Humphries UXF was abysmal.

Spurrier's X-Force took a while to get into, but was some damn good shit.

Extraordinary is lame, ANXM AGAIN is atrocious. At least Bunn's is interesting at least, feels like he's being forced to spin his wheels though.

X-Treme X-Men was fun.
I'm still getting around to Amazing X-Men, but I hope it turns out well when basedYost shows up.

The Government authorizes the building of giant death robots. even if the robots have turned on humanity at least twice before

Why would big ass robots be the answer anyway? Why not smaller robots? To someone with superpowers, I imagine that just seems like a challenge rather than something to be scared of

>Why not smaller robots?
>What is Weapon Plus?
>What is Fantomex

user, pls.

Mistakes

I loved the Yost and Kyle run. After I read House of M, I thought that their run would suck because of Bendis' interference. Instead, they created one of the best kid teams in the Marvel Universe and made quite a few awesome events. I wish they completed their Hope trilogy instead of Aaron and Bendis shitting on their work.

Logan has always looked out for girls he's taken under his wing and did all he could to shield them from becoming like he did.

Idie was a much worse case compared to any of his previous proteges because she'd become convinced she was a monster and killing people was in her nature.

She wasn't the last straw anyway, was she? I remember it being Scott leading a band of X-Kids against a Super Sentinel in a fight that didn't need to be fought. The kids wanted it but Logan finally lost his shit because he saw it as Scott playing with their lives needlessly.

Hope is so fucking awful. I really can't wait till the people who grew up with x-men academy to go write that up again because that was literally the best teen book at the time. What people don't get about the x-men is that it's best as a slice of life that gets interrupted by shit and then goes back to being a slice of life. None of this constantly assaulted every arc.

>Hope is awful
Nah.

>What people don't get about the x-men is that it's best as a slice of life that gets interrupted by shit and then goes back to being a slice of life. None of this constantly assaulted every arc.

This. It's how they grew so big in the 80s and 90s and why they connected so much with Generation X fags. Them constantly being on the verge of extinction and becoming a pseudo military from top level all the way down to the fodder kids is fucking shit and why the brand has dropped so far off from its high.

It genuinely saddens me that we never got Hope's X-Force

Has Cable even talked about her in whatever book he's in at the moment?

Not that user, but she is shit.

I don't recall that he has. Which is extremely fucked considering his whole character for about a decade had been literally "muh Hope"

Spurrier's last few issues, esp. 14, were incredible for Hope.

How?