So. What can you tell me about Xenomorphs?

So. What can you tell me about Xenomorphs?
Specifically their sources of the information, if it's a wiki, a movie, AvP related, comic related.

Making a formicarium based off basic ideas since "Xeno hives" are not seen in movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomics.tv/comic/aliens-space-marines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dunno, but i got a xenomorph queen toy yesterday

They apparently fry up real nice.

Going with carpenter ants that are pure black in color. Some of the largest in the world reside near me at about 20mm jaws to gaster. I must know of a good visual to make the interior look like.

>pic related, the sizes and different appearances of a single colony

>"Xeno hives" are not seen in movies.
Are you retarded?

>Xeno hives" are not seen in movies.

user,like three times. 4 if you count that deleted scene from the first one.

That's a hybrid setting with just a few scant coverings. I'm making a try-hard interior replica, you think I can do that just with those few tubes laced with rattle can styrofoam painted black scenes? I need someones take on an external exit vent or some kind of "they displaced dirt as they dug into the surface and this is what their tunnels look like" sort of feel. Not spider webbing in human enclosures.

So does the acid cook out or is this dude just bad enough he don't give a fuck?

Wait how is he able to eat them who is this guy

Also the novels (I read a lot).

I have some of the comics, too.

There's some Aliens vs (and regular Aliens) torrents still up on various sites.

What would happen if pic related infected a xenomorph or face hugger?

Got images of someone idea of a hive exit or their tunnel shapes?

It would die upon contact with the horrible acids running through their systems.

What if a facehugger facehugged a Xenomorph?

The xenos are purely predators, they don't have worker drones. The kidnap people, gestate, and repeat. There has never been more than one queen So they don't need extra chambers. One room is all you need.

Either nothing, or you'd get a single young Xeno Warrior with the same genetic traits as the original.
So it'd be a waste.

They don't really have their own homes. Like life-forms, they take over existing tunnels and coat them with their shit.

I read that as "Fornicarium," which conjures up some disturbing images.

It's like an ant hive/hill/tunnels I think, I started watching videos of some dude who collects ants,he sells them. The formicarium is where they live.

This is another incident of Hal Jordan being a fucking mong.

What he said

They're a bio weapon meant to be dropped on a population and fuck shit up

Barring some very out-there comics, there's no evolution of the alien, so they are essentially bred to take over and convert already established populations. I don't even know if they eat after they reach maturity

Happens in mortal kombat. Mortal kombat makes no sense. Certain characters wouldn't be chest busted
Doesn't The parasite only affect the nervous system? It would only go for its brain

Holy fuck even Superman would kill these things. There is no redeeming value whatsoever tokeeping Xenomorphs alive. It's like keeping The Blob or The Thing alive

In the books there's a whole thing about their 'nectar' which is sort of like the Spice from Dune in that it can grant psychic powers (possibly) and is just as valuable as fuck, giving companies even more reason to seed them.

It's basically Jurassic Park withotu the family friendliness.

Since when do Lanterns become fish and game/endangered species officers?

>Chestburster somehow bites Mogo
>Get Xenomorph, the hungry planet
good job hal

Kyle Rayner ends up killing them all (after theinfestation on mogo kills a bunch of lanterns).

It's pointed out to him that he's just cleaning up Hal's mess,and if he lets it go on, it's going to happen all over again.

So Kyle mans up and wipes them all out.

In Aliens vs Superman, they actually manage to get a chestburster into Supes (it has a hard time punching its way out, he does something and,instead, vomits it up).

Batman just kills them.

Hal's an idiot.

He didn't really know what they were, either, he equated them to the shark (a natural predator that's good at what it does but is just doing what it does to survive).

He didn't know they were weapons.

hal you stupid faggot
youve doomed everyone

This is the equivalent of giving Hal genital lice because you're too bleeding heart to exterminate them like the infestation that they are.

Isn't there a continuation for this one where a new generation of Green Lanterns have to save some people having ship problems?

DAMN IT HAL!

>I'm making a try-hard interior replica, you think I can do that just with those few tubes laced with rattle can styrofoam painted black scenes?

You should visit the Giger Bar in Switzerland.

>The xenos are purely predators, they don't have worker drones.

The normal ones we see in the movies ARE the workers. They work to free the queen, build and defend the colony, steal people to raise their young ones in, etc.

Beyond that we have the Queen which lays the eggs.

What they don't have are male drones to impregnate the queen.

One of the tie-in comics for a toy line had giant facehuggers.

Just a nameless alien species from one of the comics. They let the facehuggers hatch out and then fry them alive; maybe the acid would spoil the taste if you kill them before frying.

And they're probably just tough enough to deal with the side-effects of the acid.

On the one hand, Hal continues to be an idiot making a brash decision that could just possibly destroy Mogo and kill everybody. On the other hand, Mogo just got one hell of an immune system provided they don't all die out immediately.

Are there any creatures that can harm xenomorphs in a similar manner to them? It's annoying how op they seem

do xenos actually have a recorded natural lifespan
they always seem to get genocided within a few days of hatching for relatively justifiable reasons

>What they don't have are male drones to impregnate the queen.
I don't think there is even a sex in Xenomorphs

They are essentially asexual, and the Queen is only referred to as a "she" for convenience. Any alien can become the Queen, depending on the consumption of Royal Jelly or position in the colony.

They are probably Parthenogenic, meaning they can replicate in the absence of a second sexual mate

I don't know what that is.

I think its implied they can go into a hibernation/stasis mode if there's no food around for long periods.

Other than that they seem to be more synthetic than anything so I would assume they have an indefinite lifespan if not for death in combat, don't forget that the eggs in the first movie were there for a metric shitload of time and still hatched as soon as it sensed someone.

the biggest issue is that harming a xenomorph gets you sprayed with potent acidic blood

something immune to acid and with claws or whatever dense enough to penetrate xenomorph exoskeleton can take one down safely

>It's annoying how op they seem

Who, Xenos? Xenos are fucking weaksauce, man. They get their shit kicked in by small arms fire. Once they lose the element of surprise getting royally assfucked is an inevitability.

They work as a weapon because you can stealth drop a shitload of them and they do their business quietly. Excellent against small squads and poorly-armed, poorly-organized civilians, but concentrated military efforts fuck them up.

theyre actually pretty grounded honestly, they dont get any mary sue "fuck you" powers or anything theyre just really effective apex predators
as humans we dont really have to deal with anything even close to what xenos are, at least on their scale, so they just seem fucking terrifying by comparison to what we already have to deal with
i mean humanity is even constantly losing fights to insects, imagine what hell theyd wreak if they were 7 feet tall

I like the implication of where they're basically lobsters. They're dangerous to something their own size but against something bigger, they're just food that might be able to nick you really badly if you're careless.

There's one in a toy comic. Might have been the one that came with Bishop but I don't recall exactly.

damn cant find it

The best Aliens comic, hands down.

Ha ha ha, I did. Did not expect that.

readcomics.tv/comic/aliens-space-marines

>The best Aliens comic, hands down.

It's funny to me that you think that.

>So. What can you tell me about Xenomorphs?

Any round from a Lawgiver can kill them but HI-EX is a bad idea at close range.

Good point. I ask because it seems like very crossover has one of my favorite characters being used as a breeding factory

ty saved

fucking alien synthetic is such a cool idea

>They get their shit kicked in by small arms fire

when? gormans bullets were bouncing off ones head and it took vasquez 5 shots directly to the skull to kill another. they also smash through metal colony doors rather quickly and one survived tonnes of molten lead being dumped on it. they're killable but extremely strong for the grounded real-sci-fi tone of the movies.

>Holy fuck even Superman would kill these things
FALSE

in the Superman vs Aliens crossover comic, superman did only kill one xenomorph, and that was a chestburster he somehow spat out from inside of himself. He actively REFUSED to kill the aliens, even as they were massacring another people - oh he fought them, but didn't kill them.

i think it's a parasyte?

Jeri was so based

I like you, OP

What became of this?

I want to fuck Xenomorphs.

I thought it was implied the eggs were in some sort of stasis field until the Nostromo disturbed the mist where the eggs were being kept`?

They need a good environment to flourish and a bit of luck.
Alien... unarmed civilians, does well until the end.
Aliens... soldiers with terrible leadership disregarding what intel they have kill several times their number. Overall any military will fuck the Xenos up, even in AvP2.
AvP2 is largely terrible except for a few things. One is that after AvP humanity or at least the US government has an idea about what the Xenos are like. First response, the immediate goddamn first response is get a bomber carrying nukes in the air.
You need a worst case scenario like the string of fuckups in the Aliens comics.

Can't remember which comic it was in but apparently on their homeworld (where they're just another part of the food chain) they glue whatever local materials can be found together with resinous secretions to make their hives. If they can't find any suitable materials they will cannibalise the weaker drones and use their body parts as construction materials.

Superman got infected by being weakened to a red sun, but he returns to earth and slams his chest to crush it inside him. It dies to blunt trauma (no blood) and he vomits it out.

>tfw no alien isolation sequel

Any recommended reading?

Which is shame as there is plenty that could be done with Ripley the younger. Aside from that we know she does of old age.

Haven't read the books, and I'm only partway through the comic, but I've got a bit.

Anything with Noguchi is a must read. Most of the superhero crossovers are pretty meh at best, but Predator vs. Dredd vs. Alien is shaping up to be pretty good. Batman vs. Predator or green lantern vs aliens is probably the best of the superhero crossovers. And depending on how you feel about Prometheus, the Fire and Stone series is either a hit or a miss.

Also, a bunch of the omnibuses are on readcomic, so you could just jump right in it. One thing to remember is that comics are almost the lowest canon in the franchise. It goes Movie > games > books > comics > toys for what trumps the other.

You and me both, user

>
they have no homeworld.

they are a genetic weapon created by the race seen on Prometheus, intended to possibly use against each other (humanity itself was created, possibly entirely to be hosts and nothing more)

cont'd
I say this with no certainty though, it could be one faction of Promethean's created humanity and the faction we see in the movie created the black-goo to wipe out humanity.

the only thing that is clear is that the Promethean race was at war with each other, and humanity was a crux of this, and the black goo+humanity was intentional at least on some part and this spawns the proto-Xeno race.

IN Labyrinth they explain most of the formation of their society, instincts, means of communication and other stuff.

There is another more crude where they show how they make experiments with the humans and do some terrible stuff to them. I can storytime some, but in a couple hours when I'm back from the gym

>You need a worst case scenario like the string of fuckups in the Aliens comics.

In the Alien comics the Earth infestation came during a period of economic and political decay which is why nobody even noticed it was a big deal until they were being loaded into evac ships, months after the initial sighting.

In the pre-Prometheus alien comic canon they have a homeworld, im not sure if its Genocide or another series.

Vamparella?

Aww big matriarch getting all in a state about a Pearl grade set.

There's a lot to loathe about Fire and Stone even if you did like Prometheus.

That xeno butt

Fuck Prometheus.

Irish detected. Predator females should have a big ass since they're muscular as fawrk

please do

Kk, I'm back, let me arrange the files and I'll do a not so quick storytime. I'll link the thread here

>Movie > games > books > comics > toys
Not all the games

some of them are beyond terrible.

Let's do this.

why did i thought they gonna rape her?
What is wrong with me?

aliens are pretty damned rapey, so nothing is wrong with you. It's a fairly logical conclusion

>mfw alien rape

Given that they've crossed over in the DCU, I've got a question.
If a Facehugger impregnated Superman or another powered Kryptonian (the powered part is important), would they be able to penetrate the chest? Are there any instances where chestbusters were somehow unable to exit through their traditional means?

We haven't seen it - the closest is in Superman vs. Aliens 2 with Darkseid and the new gods.

The chestburster uses the host's genetic material Think of the facehugger as the male and the person it latches onto as the female and since it's been shown that Superman's strength is in his DNA (which is why beastboy changing into a kryptonian wouldn't give him powers, for example) and the sunlight energy is absorbed in his blood (a vampire drinking his blood killed the vampire) so if a facehugger got Superman, the chestburster would likely have the strength to burst through and the alien would probably be at least semi-kryptonian powered.

This is way better than the time Chris Claremont made the queen a good guy.

Did you try reading it in continuity order as opposed to the release order? I haven't but I'm curious if it's an improvement.

Need Xeno strippers now.

She's getting orally raped, anyway

Uh not according to the comic....

What's the comic?

what happend?

Can read for yourself at or tl;dr
She gets ripped apart, as does the sex synth. Others get taken away to be turned into bloated food sacs or breeding stock