Comic adaptation of 'The Last Question' by Isaac Asimov

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I just came across a comic adaptation of Isaac Asimov's short story, 'the Last Question'.

imgur.com/gallery/9KWrH

Also, favorite sci-fi work discussion general I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=104586
multivax.com/last_question.html
imgur.com/gallery/9KWrH
locustmoon.com/2013/08/12/moebius-mondays-6/
phys.org/news/2012-05-black-hole-universe-physicist-solution.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Derp moment, I should just storytime it. Here we go

Dang these pages are long

Hell yeah, Asimov

Absolutely. Glad a Cred Forumsmrade agrees

Now if only someone would do Foundation.

I know. Sadly, there's nothing out there.

There's a manga adaption, but I don't think anyone is working to translate it. Plus, from the the pages I've flipped through, some of the character designs are offputting.

Totally didn't know. That's pretty cool though, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip

I'm going out on a limb and guessing this is that manga...
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=104586

That be the one.

What's with all the sound effects? It's getting annoying.

Bleh, I had to edit image quality to get this one small enough to upload. Hope it's still readable

Cool will save for a look for later.

Yeah not sure why they did that. There is some reference to sound in the short story, but not a ton

Personally, I think the format was an even weirder choice. There's probably a more interesting way to communicate large quantities of time rather than using a lot of vertical spacing

Last one.

Can't really be too picky though. I'm just glad someone created something out of that short story. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Also, if anyone wants a link to the actual short story find it here:

multivax.com/last_question.html

>imgur.com/gallery/9KWrH
That's Jimi Hendrix

Good eye ;D

locustmoon.com/2013/08/12/moebius-mondays-6/

Just out of curiosity has anyone read this story before seeing it on this thread?

Thanks for posting OP.
I needed some good SF.

I did.
I'm happy to have read it in a comic adaptation, but I'm a bit puzzled there's not more adaptated stuff out there. It's not ike Asimov is some obscure author or anything ...

There's a lot of adaptions from the 50s onwards. It's just old and harder to come across.

In the 80's dc even had a great line of sci fi graphic novel adaptions.

Every now and then, I am reminded that Cred Forums can be pretty awesome.

Thanks OP

Pretty intense! Thanks for the read, OP.

I've read a lot of Asimov's stuff yeah. I like his robot stuff the most.

Is the last question, "its that Jimmy Hendrix?"

Is there an somewhat easy way to access those old adaptions or are they lost to time?

Thanks OP. I've only read the Robot series by Asimov. I haven't read it in ages. Is the AC the same AI that kills those two re-occurring characters with lightspeed travel?

Yeah, it's one of the very first Asimov stories I ever read back when I was a kid. Loved it then, and love it now. The comic storytimed here is a decent adaptation (good job, OP!), but I still prefer the original prose.

H
O
P
E

I'd venture to guess that it's Korean in origin because the long vertical format which is more intended for mobile devices is more popular there.

Yep. It's one of his most memorable short stories imo.

Yup. It's a pretty nice adaptation, but I don't know if it adds all that much as the original story is so good. I may be biased though because it's one of the first sci-fi stories I ever read so it holds a pretty special place in my heart

Unfortunately thinking is a process that requires energy and necessarily increases entropy. But there is a loophole, cosmic inflation, inflation doesn't decrease entropy but it does give what we want, fresh new useable matter and energy while with some extremely weird physics not actually in violation of conservation laws, after all it's part of the leading theory on how the universe got going. There's also this phys.org/news/2012-05-black-hole-universe-physicist-solution.html at the center of an event horizon which is unreachable in space and time, inflation occurs, but because it is separated by an event horizon it can't be exploited. But it does mean that universes breed new universes, even though they die in the process, like all life does.

>two guys sitting in front of each other
>text text text
>oh shit we are in space now!
>close up close up close up

It's shit.

I assume the interspace, whatever it is, doesn't bow to the rules of our universe.