/doag/

Justice Pals edition

In tonight's offering, we see that Amber's master plan involving Heelys (Heelies?) didn't work and that Sal has a much better plan that seems to involve asking Robin about the identity of the scarred kid with the first name of Ryan who's on her staff.

That's... actually a pretty reasonable way to go about it, isn't it? Sal's much better at this than Amber is. Having her as the brains of this operation might be what Willis uses to keep Amber out of the hospital for either a psychiatric hold when she finally snaps, or else some reassembly after one too many car chases smears her all over the pavement.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5MwZPhsE
itswalky.tumblr.com/post/6915623532/lets-play-around-with-this-some-more-my-wife
archive.is/fSLQl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Huh, this strip is weird. It doesn't fill me with unimaginable rage.

Well, at least Willis remembered the photo sent to Dorothy. Though there's still that other one she supposedly "uploaded" to some social network.

And I'm still not to sure about Sal and Amber teaming up. It still comes off to me as Willis wanting to write a buddy-cop story without trying to be original and making an entirely different set of characters in a completely separate universe. Does Willis actually HAVE anything other than his Walkyverse cast?

In any case, I'd totes be peeking up Robin's skirt right now.

Mostly because this is actually decent story progression.

See, Willis? Not EVERY strip needs to end with a forced punchline.

>there's still that other one she supposedly "uploaded" to some social network
thats the one he deleted
i assume she means he deleted it from both the camera roll and the social media account; if she even posted it, that is. i think she was waiting on his name to do that.

Ryan is going to be revealed to be that kid from the flashback, I just know it.

She took two pictures. The first was the initial picture sent to Dorothy, and the picture that is being referred to in OP's new strip. The second picture was taken when Amber directly confronted Ryan, and the picture she supposedly uploaded to the Internet.

there are two pictures being referred to in the OP strip

It's only one image being mentioned, or at least it's implied that only one image is being mentioned.

"even if he deleted a photo, we still have the other one"
can you not read or something

I can, and it's "even if he deleted a photo, we still got the one you sent Dorothy."

The implication is that Dorothy has a copy of the photo that was deleted.

Last night's comic was so hilariously stupid that it's almost disappointing that this one ended up being semi decent.

Even when he's NOT failing, Willis disappoints me.

I'm caught between wanting this story to fucking end already and the knowledge that once it ends we go back to the 24/7 Becky Stream.

no, the "implication" is that theyre two separate photos
especially since we literally already know this is the case, and that the photo he deleted is the one she just took. the one she sent dorothy was never in danger of being deleted, because dorothy already has a copy

I haven't follow these threads in ages. Is he making the conservative politician who made an obvious Rubio reference last strip into a horrible villain.

probably not. she doesnt really do anything except say wacky things

That's what I'm trying to say. Sort of.
The idea is that Willis seems to have forgotten there were two pictures taken, and both were uploaded to separate sources (Dorothy and whatever the DoA Facebook is called. Walkybook?)

Only until he can find a way to make her a lesbian, I assume.

>That's what I'm trying to say. Sort of.
im not sure you even understand what im saying because it is absolutely not what youre trying to say

I'm saying that there were two pictures: The Dorothy picture and the Walkybook picture. I'm suggesting that Willis forgot about the Walkybook picture and is writing as though only the Dorothy picture existed.

>Willis wanting to write a buddy-cop story without trying to be original and making an entirely different set of characters in a completely separate universe.

Goddamn it, you got me brainstorming an AU where everyone is a cop.

>I'm suggesting that Willis forgot about the Walkybook picture and is writing as though only the Dorothy picture existed
yes, and this is stupid, because he obviously didnt and both pictures are mentioned in this strip
i have no idea how you manage to not understand this

What the fuck is going on with Sal's arm in panels 2 and 3?

I just noticed Leslie in the last panel.
What is she even doing on stage if she didn't want anybody to notice her?

Because Willis doesn't mention both. He only refers to any photos in a singular sense.

is english your first language

Yes. I also learned how to use punctuation and capital letters.

okay, congrats, so how the fuck do you not understand that "the photo he deleted" and "the one you sent dorothy" are clearly not referring to the same photo

Because Willis only refers to one photo.

Hiding her face obviously.

Somebody should check DoA.com and see what the comments have to say about the Amazi-Skates.

I mean, why go on stage in the first place? I know she wants to peck at Robin's bush, but if she's trying not to draw attention to herself, being at the center of events is not the way to do it.

Consider: Under the testimony of a masked vigilante, Dorothy is either going to publicly accuse a popular senator's campaign intern of being a rapist, or blackmail that senator into handing Ryan over. Either way, once again realism goes out the window for this shitty plot to advance.

>ya
>an'
>ah'm
>an'
>ain't hurtin' nobody
>gotcher
>an' an

>publicly accuse a popular senator's campaign intern of being a rapist
whats unrealistic about this? the fact that hes an intern for robin doesnt actually have anything to do with the accusation, its not like it would hurt her campaign

Haven't been following in months

I just assume we gotta catch THE DATE RAPE BANDIT!

The unrealistic part is that this is expected to mean anything, and that people will most likely take Amazi-girl at her word and not wonder why this lunatic hasn't been locked up yet.

Probably not in reality, but Willis would assume that an intern being accused of rape would mean that Robin directly asked him to roofie a woman.

look, willis does enough stupid stuff without you guys making up new stuff for him

I think this is what's going to happen. The rape was all part of the plan.

Who said we were making it up?

is this strip supposed to have anything to do with this
>Willis would assume that an intern being accused of rape would mean that Robin directly asked him to roofie a woman

Yes.
It happened once.
It'll probably happen again.

Because Willis loves it when things happen twice.
That's why he had twins.

Even if it is one photo, you can't really delete a message that you already sent to another person via SMS. It would eventually get deleted if she never paid attention to it, but given that it's about a dude who sexually assaults women, the photo is definitely still there

i'm a littlsuspicious of people who liken irl moral struggles to cartoons

How this whole dumb scene could have been avoided:

>Amazi-Girl walks up to the woman organizing the rally.
>"Hi, what is that man's name?
>"Oh, that's Ryan. He's one of our interns."
>"Thanks."

Even though Sal is right, this is still a bad strip. These characters should hate each other, and Amazi-Girl shouldn't be so willing to listen to Sal even though she is right. It's the whole reason why she broke up with Danny.

And at the basis of these strips is the incredibly unsatisfying resolution to her grudge, where she gave it up because she didn't want to appear to be racist. The problem is, in her mind, her grudge is entirely above board, at least as much as going after Ryan is. I could even understand her saying that she wouldn't give the crowd the satisfaction of seeing her beat up Sal amidst the "racist crowd", while vowing to still deal with her later, but dropping it entirely is so unsatisfying. It makes every one of these strips since dumb.

And I'm not entirely against the idea of her losing the grudge, but it should resolve around her dealing with the actual circumstances that lead to it, not "general distaste towards racism." It's just so impersonal.

I'm hoping that Amber will see the Ryan photo and freak out about interacting with her nemesis, and it can have a decent resolution, but I really doubt it'll actually go anywhere good like anything in this strip.

Also, Ryan getting away only to be dealt with later is incredibly bad with the pacing of this comic. I imagine it'll be 2017 before we see him again.

No it would've been.
>Amazi-Girl walks up to the woman organizing the rally.
>"Hi, what is that man's name?"
>"Oh..let met go check on that for you."
>She calls security because there's a fucking weirdo in a superhero outfit at the rally
>Amber is asked to step aside so they can ask her some questions, meanwhile Ryan runs off.
>All because some stupid white girl wanted to play superhero.

>Danny
Wonder what kind of ham-fisted reason Willis will give for having them get back together. It better not be some "I can't leave her, she's already not well as it is " bullshit.

Did you mean Joyce? Because Ryan isn't Amber's nemesis, this is the first time they've interacted.

pastebin.com/5MwZPhsE

Animation ate up a lot of time today, so I only got one strip.

Took me a second to remember he's talking like that because he's a Tycho parody.

Sal mocking the baby skates is actually pretty great.

She looks so incredibly bored about being raped in panel 2.

Don't believe the media.
Not every rape is exciting.

She's giving up.

Oh, I thought it was her starting to pass out.

>Dark love
Racist.

I'm saying that Amber seeing the photo of Ryan will remind her of her interactions with Sal as Amazi-Girl.

It isn't like Robin was paying Ryan to rape.

Meh, a mixture a both.
Lol, I didn't think of that. I was just thinking evil lol.

He wasn't hurting anyone tonight at all! He was mind his own business!

By being a cishet white man, he was technically raping every woman identified being in that rally.

>Ma'am, did you know you've been hiring a SEXUAL ASSUALTER?
>No, why the fuck would I know that?

So what do they think they can honestly do with a picture? As far as anyone else is concerned no crime took place because Joyce never reported it. They have a picture of a guy. That's it. A photo of a guy isn't proof unless it's actually him committing the crime which it's not.

Also employers can't legally give out employee information.

I think you're misinterpreting the comic a bit; I don't think the implication is that Robin was in on Wormface roofying Joyce, I think it's just hinting that they can use Robin or her people to track him down.

Which, they can't. It is literally a crime for her to give them anything. She could give a cop info if he had a warrant but if she gave it out to a wacko in a mask and a scary biker chick she'd get in a lot of legal trouble. You can't even share someone's schedule

Well obviously Wormface is going to blurt his evil master rape plan out where it can be recorded/overheard, thereby ensuring he gets canned.

Because that's what rapists do... give an evil laugh and start monologuing how dastardly they are.

It isn't like they even have any real evidence at this point anyway.

Their only hope is that, because they put the picture and accusation out there, girls who are far braver than Joyce will come forward and testify that they were drugged and raped by Ryan.

No because even then all he has to do is say it was made under threat and duress. He is legally untouchable

Even so, I think that's the direction he's going.

Somehow it'll come around to getting Wormface's info from Robin/her people.

Far braver girls who will no doubt be completely unrelated to said events

So, I've been seeing these getting posted every day for months now. Sauce? Seems pretty interesting

Dumbing of Age. A shitty webcomic made by a shitty person.

>Seems pretty interesting

I suppose a car wreck is interesting, yes.

I think that's a bit of a stretch, if he all but confesses and it's caught on tape or overheard by somebody who can do something about it there''s a good chance he'd be caught.

And we know it's not a stretch for Willy to make him do shit like "I am a rapist! Me, Ryan Roofy Wormface, who lives at [address] and attempted to rape Joyce Brown at [address] on [date] at [time] which I where I got this parasite that's stuck to my face!"

He was already assaulted by both of them. There's nothing stopping him from going to the cops right now and saying Amazi girl and Sal layed into him while he was at the rally.

Hell if Willis was a better writer that's what he should do.

and yes, even if they recorded him confessing he could still get off because word is dynamic. It's not solid evidence unless he goes to a judge or cop and says I did this ___. A recording doesn't show the events before and after.

He didn't actually rape anyone. He didn't so much as lay a finger on Joyce before she cut his face open and Sarah bashed his skull in. They have no way of proving he drugged her drink, they have absolutely nothing on him.

For all they know he just gave Joyce some powerful laxatives, he may have just wanted to watch her take a shit.

Threadly reminder that your art is bad your writing is bad and you should stop

For all they know Joyce is just an incredible lightweight. I have a friend who gets knocked on his ass after one or two beers. A 90 lb never been to a party or bar churcho getting shit faced after one drink isn't impossible.

She was drinking, like, Sprite or something

at an underage drinking party. Simply by virtue of being there her word is sketchy at best.

>Of course I knew Ryan was going out and drugging women, why do you think I hired him?
>How could you?
>Easily. Really though, it's not that hard to imagine. I hire the snotnosed kid of a benefactor who can't get a woman the real way, send him to the Manley camp with a cover story about being booted from the job with enough juicy info to get him accepted into their fold, then release the rape accusations.
>That'd never work! He'd snitch on you in a second!
>And who'd believe him? He's already gotten handsy with some of our female volunteers, a press release noting he'd been fired for inappropriate conduct would do more than enough to shield my campaign. Manley gets caught having hired a kid fired from his opponent's campaign for sexual harassment who later turns out to be a rapist; I could spent the rest of the election playing golf and I'd still get elected.
>That's what you think! Wait until you see what happens when-
>When you upload the recording you're making with your cellphone? Sorry, but I didn't hire a paranoid ex-CIA spook to ferret out any dirty tricks for nothing. You've been jammed ever since you walked through the door. Don't feel bad, Amazi-Girl, you did your best, but you're really just street level. Go back to beating up freshmen trying to pass off oregano as pot and leave the A-list heroics to people not walking around in heelies. Oh, and if you see Dr. Bean skulking around, tell her I'll be free for a few hours tomorrow night, and that I like Italian food and girls in cocktail dresses with nothing underneath.

So why can't super phone coder girl just download an app to undelete the photo?

>Robin! You got some things to explain about your hire he
>BAM!
>Take her to her dorm and put the gun in her hand. A friendless piece of shit like her with that back story? No one will have a hard time buying she just offed herself because of the pressures of collage. Hell we can leave a note blaming her faggots friend.

He doesn't even get paid.

Save yourself, dammit. Find literally anything else to dig into

Willis drew a picture of his wife and kids for her birthday.

Well, he called her his "lady-husband".

She then immediately scolded him and told him to call her his wife.

Christ, that mouth on the kid on the right. Hell, the anatomy's all off on that pic in general.

Why is it that whenever Willis does something 'special', like that big shot of the rally, it looks even crappier than his regular stuff?

Because it isn't shrunk down to the point where you can see the mistakes as much.

I can see why a kid named Leland would prefer the name Ryan.

>Only until he can find a way to make her a lesbian, I assume.
She loves Leslie in Shortpacked. She's part of the way there, especially with Leslie at the rally.

wow he really doesnt give a shit does he?

I have looked into the Abyss, and it has looked into me.

Also, I feel bad that one of the kids got shafted with eye design. Guess we know which one is the favorite now.

why did he accentuate the baby ass?

those are fat babies

Willis only knows how to draw shortstacks

i wanna say it's the diaper but diapers don't follow the contour of the butt like that

or at all

Wait, why don't they ask Joyce what she wants to do? Because their whole plan seems to hinge on the fact that they expect Joyce to want to testify against Ryan.

user it's real simple, characters desires don't matter if the character overriding them is higher on the pecking order

it goes like this:

Carl>Becky>Sal>Roz>Ruth>Billie>Dorothy>Joyce>Dina>Sarah>Background Lesbians> Mary

if any character wants to do something that directly harm or goes against the wishes of someone else, they would have no repercussions if that person is below them on the pecking order

>Joyce is lower than Ruth and Billie
Haha, no. At this point I"d say Carla takes top priority and Becky and Joyce are ties in second.

I like becky had to be TOLD that it's impossible to catch up to a car on rollerblades.

>He aint hurtin nobody else tonight

What's the basis for this

What's to stop him from going to some party and just raping some girl there

Why does the one on the right look like at some point it will offer you all your worldly desires in exchange for signing your name in blood in a book bound in human skin?

Neither Willis or his Wife have blue eyes...

She looks like Mary with glasses.

Blue eyes are reccesive genes. Close but no cigar.

>
In tonight's offering, we see that Amber's master plan involving Heelys (Heelies?) didn't work and that Sal has a much better plan that seems to involve asking Robin about the identity of the scarred kid with the first name of Ryan who's on her staff.

man, you fucking wish it was something that normal.
No, it's going to be some crazy bullshit about Robin being somehow responsible and fully aware of Ryan's rapey attitude. Willis is going to write this like Ryan is just a henchman and pawn of the big evil plan, because this rotten fish leads all the way to the top!

Or to put this in Willis-ese, she's gonna be Megatron to Ryan's...umm...Wheeljack?

I didn't think anyone would call me out of that. Kudos good user!

That's less fun than she cucked him

on*

Robin and Ryan have been conspiring together to pull off The Rape of the Century with their army of frat bro clines in order to use the ensuring public outrage to secure the election.

and it'll all be undone by an obviously mentally ill woman who will somehow get and record Robin ranting like a supervillain and catch her talking shit about her supporters so she'll lose the election

... But he wasn't employed there. At best, there are a few interns you can't tell apart thanks to WILLISFACE who worked at a single function. "For free."

And let's remember, the fuckers got beaten up by a vigilante with no clear cause, likely on camera, and very likely in front of several security guards. You know, people who may be OBLIGATED to report the incident to the police to maintain their licenses.

>At best, there are a few interns you can't tell apart thanks to WILLISFACE who worked at a single function.
Good thing Ryan has a big unique scar on his face and disgusting nose.

No, his FRIENDS are paid/unpaid interns. At most we know he's a fan of DeSanto and attended a rally. Unless he's politically connected or his own friends give him up, going to DeSanto would only raise questions. The most Ryan has to do is ghost out or get some better plastic surgery.

These may include questions about what went on and why she BATTERED VOLUNTEER STAFF.

Who are you kidding? Why do you think Willis spent three strips spelling it out that those people weren't being paid by Robin? So that she could wash her hands of any association. Hell, wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even give out their real names when they volunteered.

He said he's an intern.

... What post did you read, and why do you think I proposed a smoking gun? The campaign probably doesn't give a shit about any of their interns.

Including him.

Oh, and here's the real kicker: what if Willis is setting up the rope-a-dope that by going after DeSanto and smearing her with the actions of an intern, she's opening the door for a far more conservative opponent to take over? An opponent who, by the way, does NOT care for vigilantes whatsoever?

>Willis thinking that far ahead

I just want Roz to find out that the party she hosted was one where Joyce was almost raped, because after her fucking little scene with Joyce in the classroom and suddenly caring that Joyce was a Christian and acting like she was the problem with all the homeless gay teens and shit.

>it's a good idea to go on a manhunt when the actual victim is unwilling to report
No.

Why does Willis fuck up everything he does

I still don't understand any of Amazi-Girl's plan.

She wanted to post the picture to Walkybook, but she wanted to wait for a name, but she uploads the picture anyway?

Also, she still took a picture of his goddamn chin. You can't take a picture of a person's face that close up and get a full facial shot, at least not with how cell phone cameras work.

that means actually going to DoA's site though.

>homeless gay teens

Isn't it mostly your own problem if you're the 1%~ of the population which is gay but live in a household with fanatical religious people and decide coming out to them is a good idea?

If that's true, I'm pretty impressed. Mrs Willis seems to be doing what she can to *not* become Dave's personal shield maiden.

Maybe now that Maggie's no longer letting Dave splurge on toys and telling him to not use her as a personal shield, he's presenting his Real Life Amber and a Real Life Mary now.

Wait, people actually unironically like DoA? I thought we made threads just to shitpost and laugh at Walky.

What in this thread gave you the idea that anyone unironically likes this comic?

Also dear fucking lord I still can't believe this is a thing that happened.

We do. I don't think there's any unironic fans here.

They're teens with fanatical religious parents. Do you really expect them to make good decisions about that sort of thing?

Apparently expecting them to not reveal they want to gobble penis in front of their westboro baptist parents is too much

>Me, My Step-dad's Daughter, and my wife's kids.

>far more conservative

More likely that her liberal opponent who is tough on rapism starts to gain on her in the polls

Fuck, I meant father in law's daughter

Do you think in 10 or 15 years when 4channers are infesting writing teams in hollywood that we'll see some sit-com entitled "My Wife's Kids"?

Threadly reminder that you should just filter his tripcode you faguette.

Threadly reminder that you're a faggot.

I'm surprised there hasn't been one now.

You made me look on social media for this response and I didn't see it.

Screw you, user. (At least until you provide a link or proof)

I did see that she wrote a story that's for sale, hope it's doing well. Anyone who has to deal with David must be a literal saint.

I was just joking man, because of that one time Willis posted about his wife telling him he needed to stop drawing so many shortstack women.
Pic related is the before and after his wife told him to ease up.
itswalky.tumblr.com/post/6915623532/lets-play-around-with-this-some-more-my-wife
>Let’s play around with this some more. My wife was kind of concerned that I have too many short and voluptuous girls in my comics already, and even though I triiiied to explain that this Mandy’s physique is tooootally different because her boobs are slightly smaller than Billie or Amber’s and maybe her trunk isn’t quite as round…
Well, anyway, long story short, I tried coaxing my Mandy art into a more Classic Mandy shape. So she’s taller and skinnier. And then I saw that lesbianologist webcartoonist Rosalarian had noted that knee-length shorts are “like the Batsymbol for lesbians” I moved their hemlines further up the thigh.
And while I think I succeeded in making New Mandy look more like Old Mandy, I have to say that I found the original New Mandy to be kind of adorable. And I miss her. But that could just be my obvious preference for shorter girls talking.
WHO WILL BE THE NEW MANDY????

And then this is her current appearance as of like four months ago.

He made her fatter again and please tell me I'm not the only one who sees a rule63 Willis here.

Why can't Mary just fuck off or at least stop projecting like Willis does with all his Christian characters.

She kind of did, though. Or at least, she found out something bad happened to Joyce at the party and gave her a card for a therapist.
Also I don't think she hosted it, I think she just originally told them about it?

You know what's fucked up about that strip? Like a year later she's yelling at Joyce for all of a sudden giving a fuck about gay kids.

>I just want Roz to find out that the party she hosted
Was it really her party? I thought she was there for fun.

No, having trauma doesn't mean you get to be shitty to some other people.

I have two or three ad-blockers. I highly recommend getting some so you can make sure Willis never gets a penny from you.

>"lady-husband"

Jesus Christ, Willis, how much of a latent homosexual can you possibly be?

Then Superduper Girl busts in pulls down her pants and tells YA, YOU VILL TONGUE MEIN ASSHOLE YOU LITTLE SHLUT

willis can only draw 3 characters

I had no clue that knee-high shorts were a lesbian thing. It's either that or what is essentially a denim thong. Why don't theyou make intermediate length shorts for women?

>I have too many short and voluptuous girls
>voluptuous
Sounds like he's putting a positive spin on what his wife actually said
>"She said they looked too good, some needed to be less attractive"
He could make it less obvious he likes fat girls.

>please tell me I'm not the only one who sees a rule63 Willis here.
That's literally just Willis with blue hair. She's got no curves or anything.

I just suddenly noticed that all of their shoulders are incredibly pointy.

I think it's more that she didn't care and now she suddenly does care. Instead of being glad Joyce improved for the better, Roz is insulting Joyce in front of the whole class and derailing the discussion entirely. What's the point in yelling at someone for agreeing with you?

Roz is liberal Mary.

Roz does shit for attention all the damn time. I think somebody once pointed out in the comments section that she could actually not believe half the stuff she preaches, but then Willis deleted the comment so boo to that.

He's trying super-duper hard to be progressive. Surprised he hasn't had more backlash from ladies from the internet just telling him to shut up and stop using them as shields.

I think two things are consistent about Roz: she's an attention whore and really loves having sex.

> attention whore
> whore whore
Checks out.

You can be an attention whore without being a whore whore, like Becky, and you can be a whore whore without being an attention whore, like Joe. Roz simply doubled down.

You should write it. Cop AUs are the best!

(The Azumanga Daioh one is still my favourite fanfic!)

>(The Azumanga Daioh one is still my favourite fanfic!)
Source?

Plus, she's just generally the worst.

That's way more effort I ever want to put into something related to Willis. I did spend most of my day at work thinking up random shit for it.

>Walkerton's Law

Cops:
>David "Walky" Walkerton: Irreverent, loose cannon detective whose dedication to justice is only matched by his dedication to playing by his own rules.
>Joyce Brown: Walky's new partner, a naive, trusting soul who just transferred in from Smalltown, USA.

>Sal Walkerton: Professional, no-nonsense detective with a mysterious past. Will loudly and adamantly correct anyone who claims she and Walky are related.
>Sarah Clinton: Sal's partner. Cynical, longtime vet of the force who has seen it all twice.

>"Beef" Walkerton: Uniformed patrolman whose constant acts of heroism, stemming from questionable intelligence and a frightening ability to withstand physical injuries, irritate his brother, Walky, to no end.
>Mike Warner: Foulmouthed partner to Beef and consummate asshole.

>Amber O'Malley: Burnt out computer tech who is all that remains of the cyber crimes division. Together with Lucy patrols the entertainment district as the real life superheroes The Amazi-Girls.
>Lucy Glenn: Cheerful forensic analyst who is slowly growing mentally unstable due to the boredom of her job.

>Galasso: Feared Internal Affairs detective who is out to nail Walky to the wall, literally.

>Roz DeSanto: Eternally put-upon and pissed off precinct chief whose only remaining goal in life is to see her subordinates die before her. Secret lovers with Walky.

City Hall:
>Robin DeSanto: Gladhandling mayor of questionable acumen, her most notable trait is finding a scapegoat for every crisis she's face.
>Jason Chesterfield: Handsome and hardworking deputy mayor who fancies himself the power behind the throne, but in reality simply gets all of Robin's work dumped on him.
>Danny Wilcox: Milquetoast city comptroller whose control over the city's finances has led him to start playing kingmaker among local officials.

>Jacob Williams: ADA and rising star who is slowly learning the dirty business of politics.
>Dorothy Keener: DA whose entire prosecution strategy revolves around making herself look good for the next election.

Civilians:
>Jennifer "Billie" Billingsworth: Editor of the local newspaper, gleefully trading puff pieces and favors for exclusive access.
>Joe Rosenthal: Owner and operator of Rosenthal's Saloon, the local cop bar.
>Dr. Leslie Bean: Community activist, behind the warm smiles and friendly demeanor lies a cold-hearted poverty pimp.
>Carla Rutten: Head of the Rutten Holdings Group. Exerting influence through her companies, PACs, and charity funds, she pushes for extensive gentrification.
>Rev. Mary Bradford: Head of the local community outreach program who long ago lost her faith due to the deprivation and misery of the streets.

Criminals:
>"Boss" Ross MacIntyre: Old-school mafioso whose leadership has been shaken by the death of his wife.
>Becky MacIntyre: Sheltered mob princess whose secret love affair with Dina Saruyama threatens to shatter the fragile peace between organized crime in the city.

>Dina Saruyama: Scion of the Saruyama Yakuza syndicate who is courted by various factions within her organization as a figurehead, as her autism leads many to believe her incapable of taking command.
>Ken: Dina's bookish personal attendant.

>Marcie Diaz: Laconic leader of an outlaw biker gang working as hired muscle for the highest bidder. Sal's childhood friend.

>Ruth Lessick: Hacktivist anarchist out to destroy those in power, damn the consequences.

See, this is why I wish anyone other than Willis had these characters. This is great stuff.

Guy is so creatively bankrupt these days, he'd never do anything like this, and if he did, he'd do it in ways that would range from terribly boring to astronomically stupid.

Realistically a police fanfic AU of a tonally dissonant college AU of a cartoonish workplace comedy that was a spinoff of a sci-fi melodrama that originated as a college SoL comedy probably isn't going to turn out well no matter who is at the helm.

Write the story.

Willis doesn't own these characters. With a bit of spit and polish, no one will be able to track them back to him.

I unironically like Mary.

Has there really been any exploration of their relationship outside of "whoa, two opposites who are roommies how wacky is that"? Because in the hands of a better writer you could probably get something like an Odd Couple friendship where deep down they enjoy each other's company and have each other's backs despite everythin else.

Of course a much better writer would understand things like nuance and such.

Willis doesn't believe that people with opposite view points than him can ever be right or change.

Considering how their personalities are, Odd Couple scenario wouldn't really pan out. Realistically they'd probably have requested different roommates by now.

This, pretty much. Willis doesn't care for the actual conflict; he wants personalities that clash and personal viewpoints to announce.

It's pretty funny because people like him are far in the minority.

archive.is/fSLQl

Especially since they are written so loosely anyway. They only act how the plot dictates that they need to. Changing their names and maybe their appearances would be all that's necessary.

I have little desire to do the research necessary for anything approaching realism, but if you guys want to write it go right ahead. I've got some plotlines sketched out too.

Willis has specifically said he put opposites in rooms together, presumably for maximum drama.

Joyce: optimistic
Sarah: cynical

Roz: super-liberal
Mary: super-conservative

Dorothy: tightly wound
Sierra: laid-back

Amber: emotional
Dina: feels very little

And so on. He specifically put them with people they would not realistically become friends with.

>This, pretty much. Willis doesn't care for the actual conflict; he wants personalities that clash and personal viewpoints to announce.
Pretty much, yeah.

The problem isn't them being opposites, the problem is that they have the same general personality. Roz and Mary are both judgmental, self-righteous fundamentalists. It'd have worked better if he had the rooms sharing a connected bathroom, since then you could have them interact without questioning why they haven't made a room change request and have two other people to play off.

Sierra is such a non-character it doesn't matter who she is paired with.

Isn't this pretty much why "intersectionality" is a thing?

Intersectionality is the ways in which you fall under various identity groups and how those relate to each other.

Kinda reminds me about how the guy who founded the Westboro Baptist church also was awarded a civil rights medal by the NCAAP for helping poor African-American s with legal trouble.

But you aren't supposed to, so that is ironic.

I know I've asked this before, but eh y do you guys need an entire general dedicated to just this comic? Nothing ever happens. It's just going to be a lukewarm bowl of mediocrity every few days. There's not even anything you can enjoy making fun of, like Ctrl Atl Del or anything Dobson-related.

Those green bars frighten me.

I can guess what Willis thinks of his prejudiced grandparents.

It's kinda like an AA meeting. We've found camaraderie in this awfulness.

Patreanon here and I hate you all.

Also heads up because this is 1.0 he said and he might be posting 1.1 in a second or two.

You left out the worst/best part.

>version 1.0, possible version 1.1 in a moment
>(nothing super major)
>(man it'd be cool if i could add two images to the same post)

Now THAT'S an interesting development.

I know, right?
What have we become.

Here we go! Alternate versions.

We've become what we always were: big fish in small ponds.

you'd think the police would already be there since it's a political rally but fuck it

Willis just doesn't think about stuff does he? He thinks this is a good story, huh?

Big Willy's comments: "PANEL THREE DIFFERENCES
I wanted to get the "Amber could obviously try to recover the photo" thing addressed NOW and not, like, three months from now (yet in the same "day" for her) so that randos don't yell at me for being stupid for the entirety of that three months.
But I think the moment breathes better without the balloon that Sal interrupts. I mean, she also loses the "other self" prompt to ASK about the other self, but I think it works anyway.
Do I go for smoother or for Randos Not Being Snarky At Me Until December?"

All I can see is that he removed the text box in panel 3.

But Willis never edits his strips after the fact, right?

Looks like all he did was delete a quote bubble. May as well have never said anything.

>we're going to be in this day for three months
ECH

And yes, it works without Amber butting in because it flows from the conversation regarding Amber being called "Kid".

We've long since acknowledged that while he does in fact have a buffer, he usually forgets about what he's posting until like ten minutes beforehand.

If Willis is going to be upset that people ask about possible plot holes, maybe he should've thought about a format that offered more information per update than a single 4-panel strip.

then why even have a buffer?

I don't understand

So that he can say that he doesn't change things on the fly when people point out problems.

Of course there's that whole big ass post where...well here.

but...but he does change things on the fly!

this is just blatant hypocrisy, why? It's GOOD to edit yourself so that your story flows better! Why does Willy resist it?????

These were better than what he actually changed them into.

Willis can't do anything right, can he?

Is it really that hard to avoid a massive plot hole

I always assumed he changed this because in the original Mary wasn't shown to be a piece of shit ENOUGH.

He literally changes his story so that he can continue to hammer home how evil Mary is.

It's far, far less impressive when he began the series openly acknowledging that he can shit out DoA strips on a dime.

I prefer my collage, but that's because I'm an attention whore.

Y'know, I don't think I've ever made a breakdown of how wrong Willis was to change the strips. Here I go:

>Walky took away focus from Mary
Mary was not the focus of this point of the story. The focus was on Ruth and Billie.
>Walky and Dorothy being in there felt awkward
That's exactly how the characters probably felt too. It's a good thing to be awkward sometimes.
>the eventual health center scene
It didn't NEED to be eventual. There was no requirement for the story to shift to the health center at all.
>Dina pouncing Mary is out of character
Then just scrap it. Mary trying to keep control of the situation when she clearly has none still works as a punchline. Honest to God™, I never noticed Dina the first time I read the original strips.
>I was given narrative room for important information
There was nothing new that we learned that could not have been brought up later nor served any integral importance to the story at hand. "Mary's blackmail was exposed" and "Walky is Billie's emergency contact" are not important, especially the latter. Having room for a narrative does not make your story better, especially in a comic strip with a limited amount of space such as DoA. If you want to be able to explain yourself, write an actual book.

Again, he even states it himself, he just wanted to shit on Mary some more. He's a fucking pity bitch about these things.

The impression I get from Walky's writing is that he has trouble viewing his own work in a sequence. He thinks "current strip, current strip, current strip" and by the time he gets to the next strip he's lost any connection to any bigger narrative or emotional flow.

Characters who should be sad or thoughtful are telling jokes. Characters who are doing something reprehensible are forgiven because it's a funny-strip not a drama-strip.

I don't know though. How wrong am I?

>How wrong am I?

Very, for using his retarded pet name.

I bet Walky is just what he wanted people to call him. Like a 10 year old who wants his nickname to be "Annihilator" except Willy kept at it.

If he's not on "the spectrum" I'll be shocked.

Sorry, Willis, not Walky

Is anybody else getting "Access denied" wordpress error on Willis site?

Translation:
>I'm impatient and hate criticism.

>1.1
An extra comic, or fixing something in this one?

I don't understand why Amber has the technical savvy instead of it being a shared trait. It's not like Amber doesn't know how to punch people unless she's Amazi-Girl, why don't all the skills transfer.

I hope Sal keeps calling her "Kid". Or maybe "Tubs."

Following the Toedad arc there is a strip of Carla tending to Amber's injuries while being helpful, friendly, and chatty. Does that sound like anything Carla would do?

>I don't understand why Amber has the technical savvy instead of it being a shared trait. It's not like Amber doesn't know how to punch people unless she's Amazi-Girl, why don't all the skills transfer.
Maybe she thinks she's a Digimon or an actual magical girl.

i dont think its that amazigirl CANT do it, but shes only amazigirl when shes in the mask. shes not gonna sit around in costume while fucking with her phone

>girl who is a bitch and likes anime and is also apparently a devout christian or maybe she just uses christianity to be a bitch

Willis doesn't know how to write mentally ill people.

I prefer "Chubs" or possibly "Amazi-Gut." Honestly though, Amber said she texted Dorothy like five minutes prior, how hard could it be to figure out who Amazi-Girl really is?

I would assume it's part of the persona, wherein Amazi-Girl pretends to have a crew helping her out, when in reality it's a one-man show.

Reminder that black people are 13% of the total American population

>I wanted to get the "Amber could obviously try to recover the photo" thing addressed NOW and not, like, three months from now (yet in the same "day" for her) so that randos don't yell at me for being stupid for the entirety of that three months
Holy fuck he's so close to self-awareness here. He acknowledges that his pacing is fucked, and that it causes frustration for the reader, but his only solution is to preempt whatever remarks he can.

Also the people yelling at you aren't "randos," they're people who read your comic you hack.

He's intentionally making his comic worse out of spite for us.

I feel blessed, Mary be praised.

Or like, just break into her campaign office and look at HR records. And then 'Amazagurl' will be put into a conceited moral conundrum where she has to bail out her mortal foe.

Great, so we have another two months of this...

What exactly is HER plan? Beat Ryan up? Great then he turns around and cries assault and has the bruises to prove it and all she can do is point to a crime that was never reported that happened months ago and even if Joyce comes up now she'd still get busted for assault because revenge beatings aren't legal

Why does literally everyone in this series have the same bangs

All the short haired characters look the same except for having a different hair color

I want Amazi-Girl to keep getting bailed out by Sal, ultimately culminating with Amazi-Girl harboring a sexual obsession with Sal while Amber descends further into psychotic hatred.

I FUCKING WARNED YOU
I said this would become QC. I told you all but you wouldn't listen.

You're under the impression that any of her actions have repercussions. She started a fight and no one wanted to stop her because "it's Amazi-girl." They thought Sal looked fishy and was egging her on to beat up Sal as if it's an OK thing to do.

Yes. She's going to keep beating Ryan up because she knows that for some reason no one is able to guess her secret identity and that Ryan will always escape. She figures her best course of action is continuous random violence. Ryan eating lunch? KRABOOF! Down at the Verizon store trying to get a bill sorted out? KRABOOF! Dropping a deuce? KRABOOF! Getting a little "no homo" flipfuck with his bro? Shlick, then KRABOOF!

Someone should make a Willis version of that B^U gif, but with everyone who has that same forelock.

Was getting away part of Ryan's plan?

Your post accurately sums up the issues with Willis's writing and edits.

All of youre statements are perfectly logical and realistic

But this is David. He's shown a superhuman resistance to reality.

It would be more interesting than whatever drivel is going on with the other students.

Better than Becky shenanigans. Probably.

If this were QC it would be slightly better.

>getting Cred Forums in doa

No, don't care.Don't care at all...

Is there some reason Robin is the stand-in for the Trump boogeyman? Wasn't she a well liked character in Shortpacked?

she was the only character that had anything to do with actual politics

that's it

Galasso would have been a funnier choice.

When Galasso practices politics, GI Joe has to show up.

Yeah, he would have actually. That'd actually be kinda funny, AND in-character.

But Wily already made him a pizzaman so it'd be unrealistic that he's in politics too (because realistic has always been Willy's watchword).

MONTHS IN ADVANCE!

What if he gets tired of being randomly assaulted and willingly turns himself in?

Also I'm not a lawyer and my source is wikipedia but I can't find anything indicating that you can prove that roofieing someone is proof they were out to rape them if they didn't even do anything, I'm not even sure if Ryan committed a crime as a result

Because in the first one it looks like mary is trying to help the lesbians trying to not get the residence manager involved.
That would go against all people that want to study are blatantly evil.

Poor Mary. It must be tough to be a villain 24/7.

It'd probably be kinda fun if it wasn't Christian villainy, which requires a healthy dose of restraint and guilt to do it right.

Yes user, drugging someone without their knowledge is a crime. Please turn yourself in.