So apparently this was announced last week

So apparently this was announced last week.

You know, if this means people will finally start dieing in this Wolverine book, then I'll even put up with some shitty reheated gimmick event.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/19/did-dc-comics-game-the-system-with-creative-bankruptcy/
mycomicshop.com/search?TID=17087401
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>then I'll even put up with some shitty reheated gimmick event.
And they say people aren't sheep.

Her story was better without the cowl. Putting it on isn't just insulting, it says that there's no way for her to go but into Wolverine's shoes when her own shtick was her being her own person - friends, allies, enemies and a past that she's not sure whether to accept or reject. Her as Wolverine has thrown out every lesson that she's learned as Laura - it's made it unnecessary.

Now she's just Girlverine.

And fuck PrattQuipLord while we're at it. It's good for the movies, but for people who read the comics, it's a damn abomination.

>he didn't stay tuned for SDCC 2016 news and solicits

I saw the preview, but didn't read the solicit, also missed the OP pic somehow.

My main problems with this book were the lack of blood and death and the way it seemingly ignores past continuity. If this story can patch that up, there might still be hope after all.

>Wolverine…murderer?! One of the most iconic Wolverine stories of all time is reborn this October as the new Wolverine runs a deadly gauntlet in ENEMY OF THE STATE II! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look inside ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #13 – the first chapter of Enemy of the State II, coming to you from blockbuster writer Tom Taylor and incoming artist Nik Virella (Return of the Living Deadpool, 1872)! Laura has fought hard to be something other than what she was programmed for. But the fight is over. The killing machine has returned, and Wolverine has blood on her hands. As her actions bring the forces of S.H.I.E.L.D. and some of her deadliest foes descending upon her, dark forces conspire to manipulate Laura for their own gains. Can the Wolverine outrun the demons from her past? Or will she be forced to give up all she’s built? The stakes have never been higher as the Wolverine faces her greatest challenge yet when ENEMY OF THE STATE II kicks off this October in ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #13!

>the way it seemingly ignores past continuity

>My main problems with this book were the lack of blood and death

Uh, did you not read the first arc?

At first glance I thought that was Freddy Krueger.

this! this whole thing (cept chriss pratt i like quip lord, but i dont read GoG so i cant compare) laura was always supoosed to be a different person than wolverine.always.period. then people dont actually red her source material and are just like herp derp female thor worked lets make female wolverine wait we have that already right? yea x-23 is already female wolverine!.... wait give her kill kill conflict and make her have wackey clone blues adventures again so we can just throw her character development out the window! maaannn fuck bendis ANX while were here

>So apparently this was announced last week.
It was announced at SDCC.

You sound upset, user.

Honestly, I preferred her before too, but at least this way she gets her own on-going and to be part of the main scene more often. When Logan comes back and is Wolverine again, she may be recognizable enough to more than the X-fanbase to keep her OWN title going, with her own identity.

She has had two very short runs of her own.

The rest of the time she has been stuck as a supporting character, sharing the lead role with a team, or otherwise thrown from book, to book, to fucking book. Seriously, she was on the path towards being thrown into a dead end book like the Loners or something.

Hell, they technically killed her off at the hands of Mystique, and I'm not convinced this is even 616 Laura anymore. We never found out how she went from no healing factor and gutted in a climatic moment and left to bleed out, to running around as Wolverine and talking almost normally.

>Hell, they technically killed her off at the hands of Mystique, and I'm not convinced this is even 616 Laura anymore. We never found out how she went from no healing factor and gutted in a climatic moment and left to bleed out, to running around as Wolverine and talking almost normally.

when did this happened?

Why would I care about an on-going when it's nowhere near as good? It would have been a different matter if it had been good move, but it hasn't.

>NYX Laura

Goddammit I thought we all agreed not to talk about that.

Old Man Logan is gonna die to make room for regular Logan

In the WOLVERINES mini-series. The comic ended early due to secret wars, and they didn't get to finish their main arc

I don't understand... she is not Wolverine. She said that a lot of times. She is Laura, her own person.

She just have the costume of Wolverine because want to have something of Logan with her. (Well, not in the Hopeless series, but whatever. All New X-Men is shit.) She act like a "normal" grown up person(maybe too much normal), not like a "feral soldier". WASP just see that she is different from Logan and the same Dr. Strange. Even with Old Man Logan. "You think it's right to slice off the top of drink and leave it on the ground?". Really, when Logan thought about something like that?

Actually i prefer if the "Wolverine" died with Logan, still i wanted her to be different that the old X-23. Just to prove that she CAN change. Can't act like a 16 years old broken girl forever, need to grown up.

Because we are getting it anyway, and can at least make the best of it, by at best hoping it will raise her profile, and perhaps even buying the trades so that they know she has fans.

It's not going to last anyway, because we know they will eventually have Logan have recovered his healing factor last minute, or during the recreation, and he's going to be freed from that
adamantium statue.

Then they have to find somewhere else for Laura. And it will either be a new solo under a new name, because she sold well and is popular, and back to being on an endless stream of 3rd rate teams because no one gave a fuck.

I hate it, but boycotting does nothing but cause companies to shelf what you love/like. They don't look deeply enough into the subtleties of why you didn't buy, that you love the character just not what they are doing with her, and
just focus on the fact you didn't buy. Into the trash X-23 goes for a decade.

Okay, fair enough... but what does any of that have to do with the current reality?

ZERO ASS

Does Laura have a crippling addiction to redheads?

>this way she gets her own on-going
She HAD one.

Every female character at Marvel gets a shot at an ongoing right now.

Where the fuck is my Rachel Grey ongoing then you fucking cunt intern?

OH THANK GOODNESS GABBY LIVES

It's almost like this series was a mistake from the start and should just be cancelled with X-23 taking her own name back.

Why I only see people here on Cred Forums talk bad about All New Wolverine? Literally, every person i know in real life or in other forums say that it's pretty good so far. Goddamit, even DC fanboys liking the series so far...

>Literally, every person i know in real life or in other forums say that it's pretty good so far. Goddamit, even DC fanboys liking the series so far...

My penis is 6 feet long. See I can make things up too!

An autistic cute sexy little girl with claws is not Wolverine, and will never be. This is going against what Wolverine supposed to be.

There is only one Wolverine. A hairy, short, badass guy, with animalistic features, and an attitude, like the animal from which takes its name.

>didn't like Daken as Wolverine

pleb

Where is my Selene ongoing? Where in my Magik ongoing? Where I'd my Songbird ongoing? Where is my Karla Soften ongoing? Where is my Black Cat ongoing? Where is my Lilly Hollister ongoing? Where is my Mania ongoing? Where is my Scorn ongoing? Where is my Jocasta ongoing?

Is Daken short, hairy and ugly? Then no he is not Wolverine you ignorant moron.

he was literally perfect

Quotes from two people comment here

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/19/did-dc-comics-game-the-system-with-creative-bankruptcy/

"That's the problem with painting either DC or Marvel's line up with a big brush. All New Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Woman, and Thor (aside from a few clunky lines) all do a pretty good job of, if not breaking away from, then elevating that mold."

"Tom Taylor has done a GREAT job with All-New Wolverine. That's a book I went into with ZERO expectations and both me and (here's the acid test) my wife both find it consistently engaging and funny."
As you can see, two people are telling good things about All New Wolverine. I can't post italian forums, so i can't let see what people there are saying, but still it's not "make things up". You people are just nostalgic fags that want Wolverine to be
Like this. Just don't judge her name, but her behaviour and art and plot. Stop think about "Wolverine should be a dude, dude!" and try to see her as new character.

He was literally not Wolverine.

It was better than the current series. anyone reading current x-men should just stop it's all unambiguous trash.

As long as she called herself Wolverine, i will judge her for that. When she will return to be X-23 as is her code/cape name, then we talk.

I disagree, I've been enjoying Extraordinary and AN Wolverine since they started. I guess I'm just not effected by memes and Not Muhism

He was the best Wolverine

He was not Wolverine. Just a guy with a mask.

Actually, her code name was Talon, it's just other writers kind of fifnt use it. I wouldn't mind her going back to her Sabertooth costume from Wannabes and calling herself Talon, but I'm also not triggered by her putting on the shitty blue and yellow costume and calling herself Wolverine.

>and try to see her as new character.
Except she's not a new character. She's X-23, with an established history and a distinct personality. It's not being a nostalgia fag to respect continuity.

>Italian forums
Please get out.

Both these books are crap anyway. It actually shows how Marvel literally raped the X-franchise. And no, this not to do with not muhism, but a complete incapacity to comprehend what and who was Wolverine. This is just disrespectful to the history of a character that Marvel killed off, because the SWJ's agenda and not "muh rights".

You're very wrong, and besides we have Logan in 616, a better version than the 616 version too. You seem to be mad that a title got passed around and you don't seem to be looking for a discussion as much as you're looking for people to complain with. I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with you, I've been an X-Fag for a long time and I'm still enjoying the comics to this day.

Basically you want to challenge her in an autism battle. Also, usually she doesn't call herself Wolverine in Taylor series. It's pretty rare, like 2 or 3 times and she use to do that for intimidating enemies more than "look at me, i'm the best at what i do, bub".
Well, she act like X-23. Just a grown up version of her.
Also, pretty much this.

>she act like X-23. Just a grown up version of her.
Not in the slightest. Making more quips doesn't mean she's more grown up.

I don't have to listen to the opinions of a person who actually enjoyed Bendis' X-Men. Your thoughts don't matter.

>quips
Can't you provide at least 3 examples of Laura 'Quipping' in AN Wolverine, or are you just trying to pull buzzwords out of your ass?

Who is the best version? The old man with the murdered family, who killed all his comrads in his timeline. No that's not Wolverine that i know. And the complain has to do with how shit the X-books have been after schism. You may like them, it's matter of personal taste at the end, but a lot of X-fags are pissed off. Just give a look to the sales. Most of the X-books are junk.

unboxing can only mean dragon dildo

Having a shit taste doesn't make you right.

Enjoyed the art, tolerated the writing, alternatively, are we supposed to value the opinions of an obvious Loganfag?
We all have our guilty pleasures user.

But it doesn't make any sense - nor is it even remotely as engaging as her time going through her old haunts, coming to terms with herself. That shit was tight and made Laura her own woman - that she didn't need the X-Men; Logan/Howlett; that LI for at the time or whatever around her... but she was thankful that they were willing to be there for her whenever she needed them. Laura's whole story was her coming onto her own - there was even a point in the late 90s when she said that she wasn't Wolverine and Logan couldn't make her put on that mantle - and he said he would never want her to.

That was her moment. That was her literally saying "I'm ME and I'll always BE ME". Literally the one thing that feminists and SJWs yell so fucking loudly their ears bleed.

Feminists saying they're supporting this kind of drivel are doing the same thing that they're preaching to get rid off - women walking in the shadows of men's successes. X-23 had a really good run and really good development without dropping off into that wacky meme Bendis-speak that seems to sell. Laura was a decent solo runner - she gave readers a perspective on mutants that didn't turn out as fortunate as the X-Men or could find solace in the darkness like the Morlocks.

Laura had her own decent story to tell and now all she is is SniktBub without the quips or the supporting cast and mystique that made Wolverine THE WOLVERINE. They both had their own stories and now we get neither - bra-fucking-vo.

A bit more respect about Wolverine pal. Without him, your little pedo/fap material wouldn't have been even created.

You are the reason why Marvel is so shit today.

Number 4 of AN Wolverine with Dr. Strange.

Dr. Strange: There's so much rage in you. But you are NOT your father. You can control it. Channel it.

"I know there are people who disapprove... guys on the internet mainly. But I'm not replacing hi. I don't really know what I'm doing yet. All i know is, while I'm wearing this, he isn't gone. And neither am I. I'm Laura Kinney. I'm X-23. AND I'm Wolverine."

Number 5 of AN Wolverine with Janet\WASP:
"Hmm?" "What?" "It's just Logan would already be over there yelling and blindly hacking the thing to pieces." "We may have to destroy hundreds of these things, We need to find the most effective way to do so."

It's just for an emotional reason that she have that costume. She is not replacing anyone. When people understand this? Maybe when they start to read instead of complain, i guess.

>She is not replacing anyone.
Then why is her book called ALL NEW WOLVERINE?

Not true, the people who get mad and talk about how mad they are about stuff like this are the reason why Marvel is so shit today, those people are their target auidence, not me.
There would have been some other bit of Pedobait, the X-Men franchise is full of them.

For the same reason Miles is called Spider-Man, and the next Bendis book is called Ironman.

At this point i think you are just trolling. Again

>When people understand this? Maybe when they start to read instead of complain, i guess.

No one call her Wolverine. Just re-read the series. Everyone call her Laura. The series is called All new Wolverine? Well, guess why? MARKETING.

>You can control it. Channel it.
So could Logan. Hell, he even showed her the ropes.
I'm willing to accept that she's better, but she doesn't need to be sucked off at the derision of Wolverine.

Marvel marketing is the problem with Marvel today.

>those people are their target auidence, not me.
The people who don't buy or read the book are the target audience. Nice logic.

No, the real reason Marvel is so shitty is that Marvel thinks their target audience is feminists.

The reason being shitty business decisions. Gotcha.

Her book is called ALL-NEW WOLVERINE. "Not replacing anyone" is a blatant lie on your part, so don't try to justify.

It's the most inorganic change of costume I've seen. You want an example of mantle-upping done right? We had - Rhodes in the Iron Man books back in the day; Kyle Rayner, who took over after Emerald Twilight and the fall of Hal Jordan; you could even argue Azrael picking up The Cowl was a great deal more organic than THIS.

This is, ironically, a move reeking of the same scent as in the Ultimate-verse when "Wolverine's Son" replaced Wolverine.

I'm not telling Laura to fuck off. I'm telling them to bring back the tone and the feel that I had with X-23. Unless they pull off a Wolverine in Japan (The best fricking mini-series from Marvel I've read.) with Laura and turn out successful in their execution, I'm not picking up the book.

>a better version than the 616 version too
Lol, what the fuck?
Old Man is aight, but he's just a sadsack who is currently high on his redhead boner AGAIN.

I'm the one that's trolling? I'm not the one defending get Marvel here. That's you.

Again, it's not her or Taylor fault. It's marketing decision that are bad. She is not replace him in the story.
I'm defending Taylor, not Marvel. All new X-Men Laura is fucking bad. Even if it's Marvel.

So, I didn't read Benis's ANXM, and I'm not reading Hapless's now, but why does Angel have L4z0r wings?

R4z0r wings are far superior.

During a Bendis event called Black Vortext

Go home, Rich. Nobody reads your shitty site.

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #15
TOM TAYLOR (W) • NIK VIRELLA (A)
Cover by DAVID LOPEZ
Connecting Variant Cover C by BENGAL
“ENEMY OF THE STATE II” CONTINUES HERE!
• Welcome to beautiful MADRIPOOR! Home to white sand beaches, five-star cuisine and a bustling criminal enterprise…
• WOLVERINE sails on the high seas with pirates, heading to the seedy city to search for information on the slaughter in Daylesville.
• Will she find those who forced her to kill? Or will this tropical hellhole be the final nail in the All-New Wolverine’s coffin?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Where were you when Daken came back ?

>Where were you when Daken came back ?
In a Daken thread wondering if he would have the Death Horseman get-up.

R.I.P. in Pace Remenderbros.

Is Enemy of the State the Mark Miller one where he's brainwashed by HYDRA? Why is it so famous? Not good.

>HYDRA
The Hand.

I think because he almost rapes JEan or summin

>there was even a point in the late 90s when she said that she wasn't Wolverine and Logan couldn't make her put on that mantle - and he said he would never want her to.
>late 90s
>X-23

yeah Wolverine vs Everyone, Millar and JrJr. Great blockbuster

>It's pretty rare, like 2 or 3 times and she use to do that for intimidating enemies more than "look at me, i'm the best at what i do, bub".
Nice try.

It was in one of those DK Encyclopedia books. And I KNOW had that book in 2001, so when else could it have been?

That isn't me, man.
THIS is me.

In the X23 series, the Liu's one, if i can recall correctly.

Truly, marvel is the house of ideas.

ok gimme my Nico Minoru ongoing

>Runaways
Get outta here.

>2001
Pretty sure she hadn't even been in fucking X-Men Evolution by that point.
She debuted in Marvel comics in 2003.

>literally raped
isn't summer over

user, X-23 didn't even make her comics debute until late 2004.

Yeah, I think he meant literally gassed.

you are aware Runaways is generally Cred Forums approved right

you're the one who should be getting out you pretentious fuck

Weird. I actually had that book. It was given to me for my birthday. It even had a rundown on Logan having a past in Madripoor, a summary of his time in Japan...

And a page dedicated to X-23. Let me see if I can find it.

The damn cover was even Wolverine slashing at the reader. The last few pages were a "preview of the upcoming X-Men movie and its cast".

>Cred Forums approved
So?
>pretentious
I see that you have no idea what you're talking about.

This is the book I had, for reference. She was in there.

mycomicshop.com/search?TID=17087401

Ah shit. Here it is.

Post a picture of the page!

I don't have the book anymore. There should be a feature - she was in the corner of Wolverine's page and listed as her "clone" and gives a small summary of his other relationships with Jubilee, Shadowcat, as their father figure.

ok user, I know you're young but one day you'll realise how obnoxious you are

How the fudge? She didn't have any relationship with Jubilee until 2010... Or I'm wrong?

You have brought multiple pretenses into the discussion, yet I'm the pretentious one?
No.

I'm not sure at what you're getting at. X-23 only had a small corner dedicated to her on that page. A sixth of it was describing how Wolverine was close to Shadowcat - teaching her discipline, martial arts like kendo, etc. - and how, after, he became a father figure to Jubilee. There was even a picture of them hugging and laughing.

Good lord. This delusion is powerful.

Oh, the relationship between Logan and Jubilee... sorry.

>I'm not sure at what you're getting at

X-23 didn't exist when that book was published.

You're mistaken or a liar.

I might be mistaken, but that's how I remember it. X-23 on the left corner of the page in a fighting pose and a description of her backstory - nothing about the prostitutes, of course - and how she was as dangerous and as feisty as Logan. I was surprised at the time to find that out - I thought Wolverine had a daughter or something.

But I know it was from that book.

stop falling for that user's bait, you're embarrassing yourself

>Tom Taylor
>Nik Virella

Why does Marvel hate Laura so much?

I'm pretty sure that was Wildthing, not Laura

Because she isn't a married character; hence, they're unable to project their divorce fantasies onto her and have to take it out another way.

Wut...?

>they're unable to project their divorce fantasies

I thought everyone at Marvel loved their wives' children.

>Why does Marvel hate Laura so much?
I don't know. But then it's easy to get disappointed when most of her stuff so far was drawn by Choi, Noto and Takeda.

But yeah, this series could benefit from better lines. Hell, what's Choi even doing? Didn't he recently fill-in for Hulk?
He should do some issues for this series. I remember him saying he was always proud of the distinct face he managed to give to Laura.

Only their wives' sons.

>asks for a specific page
>gets a cover
/t-thanks