Why did Top Cow decided to fuck their own franchise

why did Top Cow decided to fuck their own franchise

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchblade_(2000_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SJW bullshit

>guys Witchblade is a cheesecake comic we must make it deep and serious and cover Sarah up
>that will make readers and critics respect us

do they still make Velocity

If Rocafort isn't on art, what's the point?

Today, the Top Cow Universe is divided into the Edenverse (non-superhero titles written by Matt Hawkins such as Think Tank and The Tithe), the Sejicverse (Switch, Sunstone), the main universe that was rebooted in 2012 (next year you will see a few new titles set in that universe), and other creator-owned self-contained stories.

They can't afford decent artists anymore.

Are you suggesting the book was better before Ron Marz showed up?

Because that's fucking stupid.

it´s sad how much sjws have fucked up this industry

do they still make Velocity though?

Hawkins and the Sejics pretty much keep Top Cow alive.

The industry is more than Marvel.

What keeps it such a tiny niche is stagnation.

Haven't seen it or Cyberforce as a title for a few years now.

Velocity herself was in Aphrodite IX v2 and IXth Generation, though.

>Velocity will never sit on your face
>with her sweaty ass after running at sanic speed
why breathe even?

The last Cyber Force was 4 years ago, they shipped free copies to shops to give away of the first few issues. Nobody cared. I know at my LCS he always had copies still, nobody would even take them for free.

The witchblade armor is white now?

> Muh sjw buggieman

user

But they still sexualized her plenty in Marz's superb run, just not every single time she activated the blade.

> The Witchblade movie will never be made...
FML

Because they were not selling, so they tried something new and they failed.

Thank christ, the buddha, the prophet, god, and Allah

>being underages and casuals

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchblade_(2000_film)

I am aware of the tv show, I want a new movie that seriously adapts it.
Fuck you.

Can Top Cow really afford to lose readers for the sake of pandering to SJWs?

>Can Top Cow really afford to lose readers for the sake of pandering to SJWs?

No, unless someone large enough to afford having an IP mine buys them.

But he/she is right, all those comics recently had a run in which they covered up all their sexy female leads and hired tumblr idiots like Kate Leth to write Vampirella.

And what does she do? Covers her body up and writes a story about social media and Vampirella...

Can somebody storyrtime that shit? Its woth a couple of laughs

That's Dynamite, numbnuts.

If you guys are referring the the current Witchblade book starring a shy teenager, that's just Sejic getting his silly fanfiction published.

feels like im wearing nothing at all

>witchblade got a tv show and an anime and almost a movie
Why?
No really, was it really that popular?

They already screwed their readers due to Artifacts.

And then Marz going in a more restrained direction only put the nails in the coffins.

Your SJWs had nothing to do with the book ending. A host of bad decisions were what destroyed the book.

>It's said how much True Comic fans have allowed SJWs to fuck this industry

FTFY

Rocafort Velocity was shit. He basically took a character who's supposed to be lithe and slender and gave her curves and a badonkadonk. And yet the ass fags on Cred Forums who've never read another Top Cow book think it's the definitive version.

This. Top Cow's problems have nothing to do with SJW's. It has to do with them ditching the shared universe idea all together and basically just becoming Hackins' and Sejic's Image imprint.

>it's the sjws fault that i never even bothered supporting these books that lead to them being canned in the first place

fixed that for you retard.

I got really into Top Cow two years ago when they were doing a contest to let new talent into the industry - completely marathoned their entire line of comics in a week and fell in love with the series by the time Artifacts was coming out - even kept up with it after the contest completed, and kept waiting for the Darkness to get better again.

Ended up dropping it all at the start of 2014.

I guess I'm safe in assuming nothing good ever came of it all?

Their entire line is gone. All they are publishing now are Matt Hawkins' terrible creator owned books and a couple Sejic things.

I've never read these comics

Are they good or just sexy?

Regardless, I want in. Are there trades on amazon or something?

Nevermind, holy shit, I just realized I quit reading the Darkness right when the series was cancelled.

It almost sounds like such a painful end to the line that I can't bring myself to read those last six issues of Artifacts. It had such potential early on too, total guilty pleasure.

So was the TV show any good?

I hated what they did with Artifacts. It was a horrible crossover and an even more horrible soft reboot. All that development they did for the Angelus book get thrown in the garbage as was pre-Artifacts Dani's characterization and a whole chunk of Sara's life.

They never paid for big artists, What put Top Cow on the map was always to scouting for and hyping new artists. Sejic was their last one and then they just stopped putting in the effort.

what happened?

The Velocity mini was good. Not just because of the art but yes the art was really good.

The first run by Marz was pretty good. It gave us the long awaited origin of the Witchblade and created the basic mythology. It had sexy art by Choi and then later Sejic.

And Topcow threw it all in the dumpster for crossover shit.

I can only remember liking it for making the mythology/shared universe more concrete. I hadn't noticed Valiant comics at that time (maybe I should have been paying more attention), so I was easily impressed to read something that felt like it actually had consequences. It was only diminished returns from there, but I was optimistic originally.

Art definitely helped and I might be looking back with rose-tinted glasses. It's worth noting I wasn't a Witchblade fan at all though.

>Matt Hawkins' terrible creator owned books
Fuck you, the Tithe was good

Fuck no. 90s as fuck though. I've been rewatching it recently

I don't think Valiant existed at the time, at least not when Artifacts started. It was a couple years earlier wasn't it?

>what happened?
They did a reboot and everyone lost interest.

Looks like Valiant started around Artifacts #17, so right after the original maxiseries finished up.

Invincible was at issue #73 and Fables at ish #95 when Artifacts came out; those were the closest things to budding universes, besides Top Cow, and that was the first interesting non-Big 2 shared universe since those failed attempts in the early 90s. Definitely seemed ambitious to me at the time.

Man, I get bummed thinking about it.

It was enjoyable but ron marz and sejic made it top tier

The tv show was actually good it had great viewership and ratings but was only cancelled cause the lead was a raging alcoholic who had to go into rehab.

Matt Hawkins does some good stuff. Code of Honor is good but a lot of his other stuff is skippable.

the second season ran into trouble because of her substance abuse issues.

Marz and Sejic were a fantastic team. Their witchblade was great, Aphrodite IX seemed good but i didnt read enough of it. But Ravine was the best thing they did. Damn that was great characters, art and story