Which three DC Rebirth books will be cancelled first and why are they:

Which three DC Rebirth books will be cancelled first and why are they:

>Hellblazer
>Gotham Academy: Second Semester
>Blue Beetle

Because they're not "m-muh A listers" and comic book fans are allergic to anything not tied to the Justice League characters and their sidekicks.

>muh A listers

Harley Quinn is demolishing every other book in existance

>>Blue Beetle

Blue beetle better not be cancelled. Jaime finally has his friends and family back, PLUS Doctor Fate and Ted Kord.

What the fuck else do you people want? BUY IT.

Pretty much all those books have the Didio shield and Gotham Academy isn't Rebirth technically.

Harley is an A-lister, I don't know what you're trying to prove. She's a Batman character.

Hellblazer Rebirth debuted at like twice the amount that the Constantine the Hellblazer did.

Blue Beetle Rebirth debuted at like 70k. The New 52 volume debuted at like 40k. The original volume post Infinite Crisis debuted at 50k.

I don't think ANYTHING is getting canceled for a while.

>Blue Beetle Rebirth #1 (DC) 72,993

Unconvincing numbers for a #1 issue, sadly.

No :^)

>Harley Quinn

Well that's just sad

She's been massively popular since the 90's cartoon. There are characters who have never appeared in cartoons or movies that no one knows exists.

see
That's the highest a BB book has reached since like the Silver-Age.

>Hellblazer Rebirth debuted at like twice the amount that the Constantine the Hellblazer did.
Well that's depressing

Well considering Rebirth Hellblazer is good, I'm taking this in stride.

I'm guessing Superwoman, Cyborg and Blue Beetle

Gotham Academy never sold well, but Didio personally likes it so it's fairly safe.

You forgot Earth 2

>You forgot Earth 2

it should be already canceled, it is doing less than 17k, it is not part of rebirth

birds of prey didn't made a big debut too, also very little buzz.
cyborg: man vs machine again

Why is that even being made still? No one's reading it.

I hope they keep up the trend of bringing back old villains like Kiteman

>hellblazer
>cancled
Canceled to be replaced by a vertigo or young anim as l book maybe.

Hellblazer won't due to being the only magic title and Dark Universe movie being a possibility
They'll only cancel it for a Dark Universe/JLD title

Gotham Academy won't due to being niche and having good trade sales

Blue Beetle might though Didio likes the character and the writer

Deathstroke and Cyborg may drop off the double shipping titles. No way can they support double shipping sales.

I think Deathstroke can, but Cyborg is definitely ded soon.

>Blue Beetle 70,993...
Nigger that insanely good for Blue Beetle...are you new or what?

2nd issue drop is going to be precipitous though.

That happens with almost every book. In the end BB will settle in low 20ks if it's lucky but the one-shot's sales are actually good for that kind of book. Not sure what your point is.

me too, I've never heard of a lot of the characters showing up right now and I love it.

I could take a ten year break from TwoFace, Riddler, Mr Freeze, Penguin, Ivy, Joker and Harley

I dunno they massivly mishandled that first issue i expect a larger drop then there should be.

>Ivy
>Villain

But user, she's an anti-hero on path to become a full hero now

You're probably right, especially with the monumental success that is the DC superhero girls shit which includes Ivy and Harley.

>Didio shield
No longer a thing. Didio got fucked up the ass by fans so he can't really protect stuff anymore.

No it's not, the DCYou series was.

>move constantine back to vertigo
Please!! God damn he never worked as well in maun universe. You xan have him guest appear in normal DC but his solo book should be completely seperate

DC sucks.

Movie hype.

She was already selling well even before the movies, my man.

Also keep in mind movie hype doesn't do shit for Marvel characters, so why would it apply for DC?

The only thing making her sell now is DC Rebirth hype, which is making every book for the company sell more than before.

There's a movie hype push behind the sales.
Just look to the amount of cosplayers, the amount of fan art.

She could be selling well before, but now there's a fandom and hype because of the movie. It's a unusual thing, so you really cant go looking for other examples with marvel movies.

what the hell is rebirth? any tittles worth reading? new 52 dead?

I loved the original Hellblazer so when I say that this iteration should be cancelled it's almost like I'm blaspheming.
It doesn't feel as dark and gritty as the original and censoring some of the swearing? For fuck's sake, DC really screwed the pooch on this one, trying to commoditize a title they didn't understand in the first place and only worked because they left it alone was a terrible idea.

It's like GL and Flash Rebirth, a couple of old things back but continuity is mostly the same. Most of them are safe to read if they interest you. Quality has been solid.

>Birds of Prey
>Superwoman
>Cyborg

the zero hour of New 52

Its great

She's consistently been DC's third best selling solo behind batman and JL and second best selling solo behind Batman since it was launched

I gotta say that I love this poster for how front and center Aquaman and Mera are with the Trinity.

then why didnt Captain America get a movie hype bump?

Why are you telling lies? At least the rebirth issue is aware of who the character is.

Which is infuriating. Why does every single female villain have to go antihero?
I mean, I know *why*, but still.

shit taste detected.

>and censoring some of the swearing?
But user, Americans are heavily triggered by swearing. Also nipples for some reason. How do you ever expect them to get that sweet PG-13 teen dollar if someone says crap more than once?

And Harley Quinn is the biggest A-lister they have after Batman and arguably Superman.

Not arguably, she's bigger than Superman now.

I think the kryptonian werewolf from supergirl was auctualy from an old pre crisis story.

They were both good.
Its his nu52 that sucked.

Im not so sure i want heckblazer gone.
Sure i miss the swearing and the nipples but they are keeping the same tone since dcyou and if it gets more children reading hellblazer im think i am ok with it.

Its pretty nice yeah.

>>Hellblazer
>>Blue Beetle
I've pulled and dropped both of these, can see them getting canned.

>What the fuck else do you people want? BUY IT.
The rebirth issue read like shit, the little mexican kid and his friends weren't interesting at all.

How does a company let this happen?

Maybe in sales off the shelf, but Superman has icon status in the modern world.

That much cannot be denied but it doesn't always necessarily translate into sales for comics.

Obviously it doesn't and biggest really depends on the metric used.