The DCEU's whole schtick is "what if superheroes existed in our world" as a way of being realistic. Despite this...

The DCEU's whole schtick is "what if superheroes existed in our world" as a way of being realistic. Despite this, does anyone feel the MCU has done this better and more realistically? I feel IRL our world be more like MCU and eventually adapt to the idea of having superheroes and treat them like celebrities. The whole idea of people worshiping and talking about Superman as a god after he's been public for two years just seems incredibly unrealistic and silly to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

STALE REPOST

SAGERINO

>does anyone feel the MCU has done this better and more realistically?
No, not at all. The accords would have come into play after Iron Man 1for example. Age of Ultron would have never taken place.

Not really. Iron Man 2 touched on this. Stark was somehow able to get the government off his back and declare the Iron Man armor as private property.

>Iron Man 2 touched on this.
Iron Man 2 was a piece of shit. I wouldn't cite it as a good reason for anythnig.
-paliduim poisoning because alcohol is too dark for the kiddos
-botched the villain so bad mickey rourke sworeto never work with marvel again and disowned the performance
-shoehorned in so much fury and natasha crap that it was basically a backdoor pilot for Avengers

>MCU has done this better and more realistically?

According to Marvel, only lik 74 people got killed in Avengers 1/ 911 on steroids.

So no.

Well it kind of was set up for the Avengers.

Yeah they seem to be lowballing the mortality rate of these events.

>natasha crap
>Literally LITERALLY the hottest ScarJo had ever been, beating out Match Point.
>crap
I forget this board is almost as gay as /m/

SAH GEH DEE NOH
I like it

Would you prefer 'it's ok, that part of the city is empty right now, now back to more coverage from CNN after these messages.'

>Alien invasion of NYC
>Only 100 people die
What a fucking joke, no the MCU isn't "realistic".

Go back to Cred Forums, you clearly aren't here for the comics or cartoons.

Considering this thread is about neither of those things, neither are you, faggot.

This is literally copypasta from Cred Forums, even if I do more or less agree with it.

Diffrence being that they are not saying about the number of people dying or not

Sure they are it's essentially, 'no people died because the place was empty.'

The weakest part of Civil War was when it tried to engage with any real-world issues though. In the "real" world Iron Man is literally 100% right and only though the lens of a comic book universe can it be a 50/50 even split argument.

Not that the DCEU is doing it any better, what with Snyder aping the talking heads bit from Dark Knight Returns without understanding that those parts were satire.

The talking heads had a completely different points in Bvs then they did in TDKR.
In returns it's all political people preaching their point of view.
In Bvs it's unbiased people asking valid questions that would be asked in the real world if this happened.

It still happened user

Also alcohol poisoning only happens to extreme addicts and would have made Stark look extremely pathetic and stupid for having let it get that far, the paladium was contrived but it worked for the tragedy angle

actually that is very realistic
Most modern major catastrophes such as the huge Typhoon Roke which lay waste to Japan in 2011 only killed 13 people total even with the $100,000,000+ in damages done to the country.

A hundred killed in what was basically a half hour invasion sounds spot on for irl.

So you admit that this thread is off-topic?

Admit?
I'm not, OP, so I don't admit anything.

But that's exactly the point! To show how alcoholics are, pathetic and stupid no matter how genius one is.

Oh really? One completely unrelated and irrelevant event had X amount of deaths? How fascinating! Please tell me more.

The nation didn't see it coming and it lasted days and destroyed/flooded the country for months only calming 13 lives

You find an invasion ambush on a single city which lasted less then an hour and was stop cold by an advance team that was ready before the invasion started with the only aftermath being clean up unrealistic for a 100 lives claimed?

The ensuing chaos wouldve sparked armed violence that wouldve easily claimed more than 100 lives even if the aliens didnt manage to kill anybody

>yfw MCU could be much better in pseudo-realistic universe and look like Daredevil
>yfw DCEU could be FUCKING AMAZING in actual DC UNIVERSE and look like current MCU but with better plot, characters and visual.
We live in the worst timeline, don't we?

>The ensuing chaos wouldve sparked armed violence that wouldve easily claimed more than 100 lives even
You are so fucking stupid it's funny

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots
>5+ day riot
>districts of London, Birmingham, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Nottingham, Bristol, and several other areas
>over 3,000 major crimes in the first day
>£200 million worth of property damage was incurred

>5 deaths

any more shit you like to fart out your enlighten ass?

Seriously? I worked in that area when the film came out, and it was fun seeing them battle basically outside my window, but if that had actually happened right outside Grand Central like that the death toll would be in the thousands at a minimum.

Disregarding your shitposting, explain the "death toll" in Age of Ultron.

Are you saying a three day hurricane that took out power and destroyed whole cites wouldn't lead to armed violence? Also you seriously underestimate 1st world police and military operations of shutting down riots. The worse I can thing of is that one that was about eight years ago in the UK and it was less then 20 people that died to that and it took them almost a week to bring order back.

You are retarded.

>Avengers 100 kill death number was unrealistic should be more
>prove it's actually a big number and humans are not made of paper
>Well AoU is bad!
aw cute you are moving the goal post now.
Considering the focus they put on evacuating the city and actually saving people it's again pretty realistic.

>>prove it's actually a big number and humans are not made of paper
There's no proof of that you dumbass.

>whole 3rd act is them putting 100% energy in evacuating the civilians off the now floating island.
>even gets a team member killed in the line of saving others
>Ultron didn't care about the civilians as much as the Avengers trying to stop his plans

Bigger question:
Why do we have people with a retarded mindset that major wars and disasters always need a huge civilian body count to be "realistic"? It takes very little relative time to organize and evacuate an area free of civilians even when under fire. So why do they need these sensationalized death counts of non combatants?

>was stop cold by an advance team
And this is the bullshit part. The entire fucking invasion targeted one fucking city? And couldn't even fucking knock down some building? The sandniggers did better.
You're talking to someone new now, I'm the guy you originally responded to. My point is that the "invasion" was a fucking joke. Bin Laden was more effective. An entire invasion force got stopped by six guys, two of whom are fucking useless, Clint and Natasha, and were "contained" by Cap apparently using his magic plot skills to make reality bend to his orders.

Iron Man is shutting fucking lasers all over, Hulk is running around but apparently not one building falls over.

You are going the direction of "well we have never been invaded by aliens so you can't prove that number is high!" and you just destroyed your original argument of

>Why do we have people with a retarded mindset that major wars and disasters always need a huge civilian body count to be "realistic"? It takes very little relative time to organize and evacuate an area free of civilians even when under fire. So why do they need these sensationalized death counts of non combatants?
Because we're dealing with a genocidal robot? Why doesn't Ultron just send some drones all over to target civilians and force the Avengers to split up?

Look I get it, capeshit is for kids. But we're talking about whether the MCU is realistic or not. And it isn't.

We've seen what happens when a more advanced civilization fights with a less advanced one.

See niggers and Natives.

>You're talking to someone new now
makes the same typos and use same writing structure
sure.

>And this is the bullshit part. The entire fucking invasion targeted one fucking city? And couldn't even fucking knock down some building?
They did 18 billion in damages to the city, it's in the same screen we get the death count. Also you forget, it was a half hour blitz, this isn't like Ultron that prep timed the whole event and lifted a city causing 400 billion in damages

>An entire invasion force got stopped by six guys
four of those guys have taken on and destroyed entire armies with little or no support, they are all united now taking on RC flesh bots that had a kill switch.
>Bin Laden was more effective.
well they didn't see him coming. Tony out right talks to Loki before the invasion stars, they had a lot more inlet and pre-time.

>but apparently not one building falls over.
You have never watch the movie have you?

>Why doesn't Ultron just send some drones all over to target civilians and force the Avengers to split up?
He did.
Have you watch any of these movies?

>Look I get it, capeshit is for kids.
not part of the debate my tard friend

>But we're talking about whether the MCU is realistic or not.
No we are talking about if the death counts are. And they are. I'm sorry your enlighten edge mind can't grasp that.

Yes we have
The best tech or "advancements" doesn't mean they will win.
See most of history

The Avengers actually put a priority on saving people, unlike Man of Murder.

Just ignore him he's in this for the (You)s now

Here you go retard.

Yah maybe I just watched BVS and they constantly remind you its fantasy with stuff like "Gotham" and "metroplis". Those are supposed to be real world type places but they seem fake and break the fantasy.

Marvel on the other hand has stuff that like Asgard which is100% fantasy and his referred to as such. Like even the people in the MCU don't know or believe in it.

The OP is literally about which is more realistic you stupid fucking nigger.

>He thinks that proves anything
>Trying this hard to keep it up
(You) just outed yourself

>Gotham
>Metropolis
>Fantastical
Take a trip to Detroit or Chicago or NYC to see Gotham.

>Make retarded claim
>Get BTFO
>Y-yeah well you're still wrong
Have some dignity dumbass.

And what started all this was which was completely focusing on the death count.

But keep trying to deflect user I'm sure you'll get out of this hole you dug.

How superior DCEU could be if it has solo movies and good connections like in MCU?

He's on a fucking phone you dumb shit it's not like some fag from Reddit knows how to edit out (You)

You sure are triggered someone made fun of your kid movies Marvelcuck.

You are comparing niggers in london using IM to steal stuff from stores with an alien invasion.

Says the guy that thinks a civilian kill count under a hundred million is unrealistic
also you were not that smart and made it obvious you are same fagging

I'll wait for your next damaged control post senpai

Is there any proof that Poison Ivy ISN'T in Detroit? There sure is a lot of overgrowth...

>goes total damage control
>claims the other person is triggered

He hasnt said nothing wrong. The death count is a total joke, and OP's premise is just plain dumb.

Isn't that supposed to be Marvel's schtick? I find it weird how the MCU is family friendly while the DCEU is grumpy teenage stuff. I have never gotten into Marvel much but I always heard it was the opposite. DC comics is old fashioned and comparatively fluffy. Its characters are people you want to be and people you idolize, it has all the comfy characters like Superman or Wonder Woman. Marvel however is the more 'modern' and realistic. They deal with racism, sexism, etc more often, deal with more PG-13 and mature topics. They're characters are relatable or people you don't wanna be.

Feel free to kill yourself at any time.
And before the accuse you of being me.

Only people who don't read Marvel or DC say this.

I hate this whole realistic angle that the New 52 and DCEU push. No one wants to see people hate Superman or treat him like a god. No one wants to see the government try to dissect Superman. We want the happy go lucky universe where people idolize him and think he's cool like in the 70s film or Lois and Clark.

No I agree it's weird as fuck that they are flipped in theaters
For the longest time in the general themes Marvel's capes was always grim while DC was inspirational stuff
I'm guessing it's more of the film studios where WB wants dark as edge lord black where Disney wants everything to be wholesome, even nazis

The DCEU's whole schtick is "what if superheroes were total retards".

That's what normies think because Marvel has always marketed itself as being "hip". The truth s Marvel is usually behind diversity-wise DC but DC does it quietly while Mavel makes a huge fucking deal of it.

I don't honestly believe it but I do think it has some merit. DC always came off as less realistic and gritty than Marvel to me. That's why they attract different audiences.

So this whole thread?

It feels like I'm on Cred Forums not Cred Forums

>No one wants to see people hate Superman or treat him like a god
Why's the DCAU so loved?
>No one wants to see the government try to dissect Superman.
Why do people point to the DCAU then?
>We want the happy go lucky universe where people idolize him and think he's cool like in the 70s film or Lois and Clark.
>We
Fuck off faggot there is no we.

lol thats bullshit. DC sucks.

Because DCAU is awesome and Superman is good person there?

>No one wants to see people hate Superman or treat him like a god.

I do, and is nothing new, also you are a retard, in the donner's movies Superman was literally god and there was no need for another god.

>Despite this, does anyone feel the MCU has done this better and more realistically?
Weaker heroes isn't the same as realism.

>I feel IRL our world be more like MCU and eventually adapt to the idea of having superheroes and treat them like celebrities.
Superman was a celebrity. Some people just didn't like him, or liked him too much.

>The whole idea of people worshiping and talking about Superman as a god after he's been public for two years just seems incredibly unrealistic and silly to me.
Why? He's stronger than most of the gods in history.

DCEU is awesome and Superman is a great person there? A good argument can be made about him being better than DCAU's

Yeah actually because that's funny. Unlike Avengers which actually showed tons of people in the city. At least they didn't have to lie about it after the fact.

They're just better at saving people

I'm from Chile, i had lived five 7.0 earthquakes, 2 of those over 8.0 in the last 5 and a half years. And I know that in a world where superman lives NO ONE WOULD PREY TO GOD if they knew Superman is around. That's the impact Superman would have, he can save you and in their universe he already saved the world once. His existence does change everything, even when at his core he is only a good guy doing good thing, he is a god by all definitions aside from his lack of divinity.

Doomsday attack had 1 confirmed death (Clark Kent) so that means Batman is the most efficient superhero of all time currently, since he had the plan to bring the big guy to an unpopulated area.

Butthurt to the max.

>so that means Batman is the most efficient superhero of all time currently

Well, he is one of the WORLD's finest.

Why people forget that Batman is the second best hero of his planet?

Add in the fact that he actually stopped earthquakes and a supervirus that could have killed all of humanity from being let loose, the arguments for him not being treated as a god get weaker and weaker. (These are from Wally's newspapers at his apartment).

>We want the happy go lucky universe where people idolize him and think he's cool like in the 70s film or Lois and Clark.
So read the Silver Age comics then. They exist.

>For the longest time in the general themes Marvel's capes was always grim while DC was inspirational stuff
That's just a meme perpetuated by kiddies who weren't alive in the 90s.

Yeah, this part is CRUCIAL to BvS because, without Superman, Batman was the greatest hero. Lots of people don't get this. He was at the very top, number 1. No one in the world was better than him, and his only loss came from Joker killing Robin. Of course, he got revenge and put him in Arkham afterwards. Superman coming in and completely blowing him out of the water becomes an even bigger attack on his ego.

Imagine that you're the best Olympic athlete, winning the gold medal in every event for 20 years in a row. Then this other guy shows up out of nowhere and is 10 times better than you at everything. Amplify that by a million and you get Bruce's feelings.

No.

Make it then. I'd really like to see this. Please make the argument.

>No one wants to see people hate Superman or treat him like a god.
I do because it's a new take. And when it's done I'll want to see something different. Variety is not inherently bad.

but didnt Romanoff say that Loki alone killed like 90 people in like 3 days BEFORE the Chautari even arrived?

CLASH

>the hottest ScarJo had ever been

Lmao no. That was The Island.

That's my number 3.
You have good taste though famtachi.

>Despite this, does anyone feel the MCU has done this better and more realistically?

NO

well yah but then use real world cities. IM not saying they are fantastical. Im just saying they remind you it isnt real